PDA

View Full Version : Harry Tuttle is joining the boycott

Harry Tuttle
11-04-2012, 03:58 AM
To whom it may concern at Gree Games/Funzio

I was a free player but recently bought gold on both MW and CC. Before those purchases I didn't even have a Google Wallet set up - my first purchases EVER through Google Play was for your games. I think that it's an industry maxim that the first purchase is the hard one to obtain: once that first purchase is made it's easier for the player to make the 2nd, 3rd... You have broken that chain in my case. I guess I'll be opening my wallet for other companies now that YOU got past my initial resistance. They will profit from the chain instead of you.

- % bonuses should be visible (at least to the player who holds those bonuses)
- an up-to-date leader board should be available for all events, including a final leader board for that event which should be stickied in YOUR official forum. There are currently sticky threads announcing the start of events that are long over, this should not be a problem.
- updates should be thoroughly tested before being released and any unforeseen bugs should be addressed in a timely manner. Why is the current boss event in CC still bugged for Android? Why does the update note at Google Play still say "new! Scratchers!"
- parity between the OSes should be a given. Why do you have players competing against each other when those players have different sets of tools at their disposal? I'm not saying that one OS should be compensated for what's gone before in the other OS but where are the android scratchers for MW?
- If parity is impossible the OSes should be segregated to their own discrete servers. No one wants to see this but if it's the only way to ensure a level playing field then so be it.

For the next week I will not: buy gold, attack, or raid on the 2 games currently available to me from Gree/Funzio as an Android user. This position will be reevaluated at the end of that week and a decision will be made whether to extend the boycott position or end it. I sincerely hope that I am able to end the boycott at that time.

I have thoroughly enjoy playing your games and hope that I can continue to do so in the future.

Harry Tuttle (in-game name)
MW ID:989016200
CC ID:697022423

PS: All CC players should go to the MW forum to see what this is about.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41446-I-am-officially-boycotting-MW!

Poopenshire
11-04-2012, 04:30 AM
Join the boycott.
Share the word.

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 04:31 AM
I admire your passion. You do know they don't care though right? You stop paying, someone else starts.

Harry Tuttle
11-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Yeah but someone has to care. I can look myself in the mirror knowing I've done what little I can with the support of my Brothers and Sisters. Troll on Trev....

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Yeah but someone has to care. I can look myself in the mirror knowing I've done what little I can with the support of my Brothers and Sisters. Troll on Trev....

I actually wasnt even trying to give you a hard time there. Geeze, is it my name or something? Lol.

Harry Tuttle
11-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Join the boycott.
Share the word.

Poop! Add me MW 989016200 you're already in my mob :) If you're not currently accepting members I understand :D

Harry Tuttle
11-04-2012, 04:39 AM
I actually wasnt even trying to give you a hard time there. Geeze, is it my name or something? Lol.
Yeah might be lol. ^5

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 04:44 AM
If it makes you feel any better I have always been on the boycott, never spent a dime on the game. Can't see that I ever will. Unless you're willing to drop some major coin what's the point, it's not to make a difference. As a smart free player, I'm able to beat most other free players and small to moderate gold spenders. Tap joy has given me plenty of gold buildings and crates.

Poopenshire
11-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Trevor, thank you for being honest. its a shame we are not communicating under different conditions. You sound like a reasonable person.

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 05:20 AM
Trevor, thank you for being honest. its a shame we are not communicating under different conditions. You sound like a reasonable person.

FINALLY!

Someone who gets me. Lol.

Ragmondino
11-04-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm in. Ragmondino joins the boycott.

Dipstik
11-04-2012, 05:26 AM
You sure picked some stupid things to complain about... You want android on a separate server? How about keeping the BETA separate? Anyway, good luck tilting at windmills, but no one cares.

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 05:27 AM
You sure picked some stupid things to complain about... You want android on a separate server? How about keeping the BETA separate? Anyway, good luck tilting at windmills, but no one cares.

Harsh bud.

Poopenshire
11-04-2012, 05:29 AM
I care and thats good enough for me. I respect your position dipstick as its your own.

Dipstik
11-04-2012, 05:37 AM
It's objective fact... No one cares. Your boycott is irrelevant. Have fun, though... It makes for good forum drama for a couple days.

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 05:43 AM
I ate Mexican last night and I just farted. There is more of a chance of my a$$ not stinking than this boycott working.

BTW, her name was Adriana. :D

Poopenshire
11-04-2012, 05:45 AM
The best i found is not Mexican its cheap Chinese and cheap beer. That mixture is sure to clear a room.

Trevor b. Trollin
11-04-2012, 05:58 AM
The best i found is not Mexican its cheap Chinese and cheap beer. That mixture is sure to clear a room.

Mmm, general tso's and PBR.

Poopenshire
11-04-2012, 06:03 AM
Mmm, general tso's and PBR.

You are 100% right.

You are a wise one.

Coldjoey
11-04-2012, 06:20 AM
So to boycott you don't spend gold and you camp?
$41t I've been boycotting for months and didn't even know.

Ripper
11-04-2012, 06:21 AM
Since all those joining boycott will stop attacking and robbing, will they also stop collecting?

iteachem
11-04-2012, 07:29 AM
http://www.andsuchandsuch.com/media/boycott-stuff.gif