PDA

View Full Version : Theory regarding boss drop percentages

JohnDough
11-03-2012, 05:41 PM
I have blown threw 30 bosses. I have came up with a theory that the further along you get, the percentage to get an uncommon or a rare increases. I have proven my theory correct

Level 1-20
13 commons(65%), 5 uncommons(25%), 2 rares(10%)

Level 21-40
5 commons(25%), 12 uncommons(60%), 3 rares(15%)

I am going to keep beaten Ramon until time runs out to get more loot

Please share your results In this format to help prove or disprove my theory, Or share any thoughts regarding this.

Euchred
11-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I thought this was common knowledge?

Munch on it
11-03-2012, 05:46 PM
It's says in the splash screen for the boss the more times you defeat him that the chances of getting rares increases doesn't it?

Kissnight
11-03-2012, 05:56 PM
@johndough, I don't see any point of doing this..... Anyway I can give u one of my friends code 652-185-418

He has defeated tier 1 and tier 2 bosses like more than 80 times. with 60+ rare items in its inventory, clean stats for now.

(If u find he cheat, just report. Coz I can't prove that...)

dudeman
11-03-2012, 05:57 PM
It's says in the splash screen for the boss the more times you defeat him that the chances of getting rares increases doesn't it?

I think what it says on the splash screen is intentionally a little bit vague.

What it sounds like: Each time you defeat the boss increases the chance that the next boss will drop an uncommon or rare item.

How I interpret it: If you only beat one boss, you only have one chance to get a rare item. Beating the boss more times gives you more chances to get rare items, but the drop rates are the same for all boss levels.

Given my experience with rare drops, the number of bosses I've beaten has made no difference in drop rates.

JohnDough
11-03-2012, 06:11 PM

It does says the more you defeat the better your chances are at getting rarer and more powerful items.

I think what it says on the splash screen is intentionally a little bit vague.

What it sounds like: Each time you defeat the boss increases the chance that the next boss will drop an uncommon or rare item.

How I interpret it: If you only beat one boss, you only have one chance to get a rare item. Beating the boss more times gives you more chances to get rare items, but the drop rates are the same for all boss levels.

Given my experience with rare drops, the number of bosses I've beaten has made no difference in drop rates.

But as dude man says and many other forum members have said the drop percentage is the same all the way to the end.
I have read all over the forum that the percentage for a rare drop is the same for everyone all the way through, I think the percentage has even been posted before.

Through my experience it seems that the drop rate changes as you progress. I could be wrong, I could be right as well. As I posted in the title it is only a theory and a proven statement based on my loot.

If it was a science experiment my hypothesis would be: as you defeat more bosses, the chance of getting rarer items goes up. My conclusion would be: indeed.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone or say anyone is wrong. Just sharing my experience since that is what the forum is for 

JohnDough
11-03-2012, 06:17 PM
@johndough, I don't see any point of doing this..... Anyway I can give u one of my friends code 652-185-418

He has defeated tier 1 and tier 2 bosses like more than 80 times. with 60+ rare items in its inventory, clean stats for now.

(If u find he cheat, just report. Coz I can't prove that...)

Are his stats high enough that he could beat the boss all the way through? I think it has been said on the forum that after you reach the level to get the item(40 on this one) that the boss stats doesn't go up. So every level after 40 would have the same stats as 40. If that's the case, and the percentage for a rare does increase the further you get, then he could very well milk the boss for many rares if his stats are really high for his level.

Kissnight
11-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Are his stats high enough that he could beat the boss all the way through? I think it has been said on the forum that after you reach the level to get the item(40 on this one) that the boss stats doesn't go up. So every level after 40 would have the same stats as 40. If that's the case, and the percentage for a rare does increase the further you get, then he could very well milk the boss for many rares if his stats are really high for his level.
Actually it's every level after 50 would have the same stats as 50. Then u just hit level 50 boss again and again.

JohnDough
11-03-2012, 06:50 PM
Actually it's every level after 50 would have the same stats as 50. Then u just hit level 50 boss again and again.

The question still remains, are his stats so high for his level that he could keep milking it?

Feng1234
11-03-2012, 07:04 PM

Think splash screen is pretty obvious...

Giedrius
11-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I beat one of the bosses over 110 times and I didn't saw increase in rare rates.

dudeman
11-03-2012, 07:42 PM
I beat one of the bosses over 110 times and I didn't saw increase in rare rates.

But you had 90 more chances to get any item than a player who can only beat 20 bosses. 90 bosses > 20 bosses, therefore, more chances.

They use the word "chance" in a very slick way. They could just as easily say "beat the boss more times for more opportunities to win a rare item," and it would be much less vague. Too specific isn't good for business though. :p

99% sure actual item drop rates are the same for each tier regardless of which boss # you've beaten.

Fun
11-03-2012, 07:56 PM
In the mw toolkit it shows that the higher boss you are on the higher % of rares,
I would think it would be the same for cc, just a thought

Sandukan
11-03-2012, 07:58 PM
The message says "the more times you defeat the epic boss the better your chances of winning rarer and more powerful items."

If the odds were the same throughout then we have rounds for a class action suit lol
I am getting uncommons now when all I got earlier were commons.

Euchred
11-03-2012, 08:07 PM
In the mw toolkit it shows that the higher boss you are on the higher % of rares,
I would think it would be the same for cc, just a thought

This is why I thought it was pretty obvious. I've beat a lot of bosses on my camper and from what I can tell this theory makes perfect sense.

Gambit12
11-03-2012, 08:12 PM
Up to boss 8 and with 8 commons, i think Gree set this up...

TonySpaghetti
11-03-2012, 10:45 PM
OP: you should change your name to Captain Obvious.

Illuminati
11-03-2012, 11:13 PM
I'm up to boss 19 and so far I've gotten rares on kills 3 and 7 but commons for the rest of the kills.

HenryVIII
11-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Every boss event I've done, I have seen an increase in drop percentage for uncommons and rares the further you go. Last event with Chen, my other account started the event at lvl 25 (tier 1). Needless to say he was really strong, and with the TP event doing a little overlap I was able to beat him 60 or so times.

Back to my point, I noticed an increase up to 40, after that it seemed about the same as 40 percentage rates.

JohnDough
11-04-2012, 12:30 AM
OP: you should change your name to Captain Obvious.

If its so obvious why are people saying its the same percentage all the way through?

dudeman
11-04-2012, 12:38 AM
If its so obvious why are people saying its the same percentage all the way through?

Based on experience there are obviously several people who have random drops. If the rates do change and are not the same for each boss, then there are more than a few players that have really bad luck or really broken drop rates.

:p

It's all speculation either way. All we have is experience since nobody from Gree is likely to show up here and suddenly reveal the mystery.

JohnDough
11-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Updated my results

TONYMONTANA86
11-06-2012, 04:28 PM
john what is ur statts like??

Kissnight
11-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Boss 1-10
7R. 3C.
Boss 11-20
6C. 4U