PDA

View Full Version : Crash Rate Through the Roof

PawnXIIX
11-02-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm not sure why but for some reason I always dislike the boss events showing up. They bring with them a severely above average crash rate. My game is currently crashing every 10 minutes, and even if it's longer than that it's every 3rd rival that I fight the game just decides to take a nap.

The game is acting like it has narcolepsy, and this remedies immediately after the boss event has left my screen. At least it happens much less often when there is no boss event or auction event. I'm not sure why, but this trend has been going on for every single boss event. Has anybody been experiencing a crash rate just spike recently since the event pops up?

mxz
11-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Might want to try delete/reinstalling. How much space do you have left on your device? You can also try removing stuff like old pictures if you're getting low on drive space.

PawnXIIX
11-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Might want to try delete/reinstalling. How much space do you have left on your device? You can also try removing stuff like old pictures if you're getting low on drive space.

My last reinstall solved none of my issues. The people are still missing from Octagon Alley, and the crash rate is a new feature of the game now, where I never know if I'm ever going to get that rob. Makes my blood pressure rise D:

I still have a whole 1/4 of my memory free, and if I delete a few videos then it's about 1/2 free. 4GB of total memory freed up.

tassychris
11-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Same type of here on Android. Go to attack another plater it just freezes up. Attack the Epic Boss I get unknown error pop up and the boss disappears. Beat a boss no prize given just cash. Higher level double click loot events not working. Why oh Why did I upgrade lol
Just another winging Android user.

PawnXIIX
11-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Same type of here on Android. Go to attack another plater it just freezes up. Attack the Epic Boss I get unknown error pop up and the boss disappears. Beat a boss no prize given just cash. Higher level double click loot events not working. Why oh Why did I upgrade lol
Just another winging Android user.

Upgrade? O.o

tassychris
11-02-2012, 09:28 PM
Android had an upgrade a few hours ago. I upgraded because the Epic Boss event wasnt showing

PawnXIIX
11-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Oh I thought you meant you upgraded to an android I was like...that doesn't seem like an upgrade to me :p

TZora
11-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure why but for some reason I always dislike the boss events showing up. They bring with them a severely above average crash rate. My game is currently crashing every 10 minutes, and even if it's longer than that it's every 3rd rival that I fight the game just decides to take a nap.

The game is acting like it has narcolepsy, and this remedies immediately after the boss event has left my screen. At least it happens much less often when there is no boss event or auction event. I'm not sure why, but this trend has been going on for every single boss event. Has anybody been experiencing a crash rate just spike recently since the event pops up?
same here .. the bosses are crashing the game and doing some funny stuff like .. i keep clicking FIGHT but nothing happens .. then i have to close the boss screen, re-open it couple of times, the boss appears, my character appears and then i click FIGHT, lots of lagggg ..

now even weird, i can't trigger boss. to trigger boss i have to attack a rival but the screen freezes as i attack someone. i restart the game just to see that the boss was already triggered .. i mean, what the fheck ..

can't blame the phone because it aint a crap phone .. do u think it could be because of the phone Pawn?

nopenopenope
11-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Again for the umph time its a RAM problem not a storage problem. Upgrade your hardware, no crashes here.

foxtrekker
11-02-2012, 11:28 PM
If you're on android you could try making sure you dont have any extra apps running in the background that you don't need. Go into your settings and stop the ones you know you dont need like mail, etc. Don't stop any system apps.
Widgets, live wallpaper, weather, it all adds up and CC needs all the memory it can get. Look in your running apps, some apps autostart even when your not using them, and you can disable that if you have a setting for it or a custom rom.
The game takes up 45mb of memory on android, 1 process and 4 services, which is a pretty hefty amount for an app, Even when you're not playing it still runs at 7.2mb. I believe it even accumulates data as you play that can be flushed occasionally.
You could also try clearing your data and cache for crime city whenever it acts up.
Or it could be a crap phone... :D
On ios same thing, i have restored my phone/ipod to stock and reinstalled on occasion and it does seem to help for a little while.
Good luck.
PS. There's definitely an error with the boss eveent on android. It gives an error when u defeat him and u don't get anything for it no weapon drops.
Send a support ticket.

PawnXIIX
11-03-2012, 12:03 AM

It's an awful phone! It doesn't call people, or work on networks...wait.

...No. ...No it's an ipod :(

I'm also not really up to hardmodding my ipod, maybe that's just me.

nopenopenope
11-03-2012, 12:27 AM
Your iPod sucks, but we've been down that road before....

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40001-Unable-to-rob&p=425701#post425701

PawnXIIX
11-03-2012, 01:02 AM
Your iPod sucks, but we've been down that road before....

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40001-Unable-to-rob&p=425701#post425701

Yep. I'm offering up the fact that crashes increase significantly during the boss events, and there seems to be a little bit of truth to that. That post was made during a boss event :/

haywood
11-03-2012, 03:28 AM
issues here too. I don't have crashes per se but I have defeated 3 bosses so far and each time it says unknown error occurred then closes the screen I check and I did in fact win but never saw a prize and cant see if stats changed cause Im blowing up TP explosives. Im just gonna hold off on this one for a day or so and see if they fix it

Ramshutu
11-03-2012, 03:34 AM
Have you update to ios5, I heard in another thread somewhere that when upgrading, many of the crashes disappear.

I'm on android, and have the occasional issue with crashes, but it's not as bad as it was on my iPod.

TZora
11-03-2012, 05:54 AM
If you're on android you could try making sure you dont have any extra apps running in the background that you don't need. Go into your settings and stop the ones you know you dont need like mail, etc. Don't stop any system apps.
Widgets, live wallpaper, weather, it all adds up and CC needs all the memory it can get. Look in your running apps, some apps autostart even when your not using them, and you can disable that if you have a setting for it or a custom rom.
The game takes up 45mb of memory on android, 1 process and 4 services, which is a pretty hefty amount for an app, Even when you're not playing it still runs at 7.2mb. I believe it even accumulates data as you play that can be flushed occasionally.
You could also try clearing your data and cache for crime city whenever it acts up.
On ios same thing, i have restored my phone/ipod to stock and reinstalled on occasion and it does seem to help for a little while.
Good luck.
PS. There's definitely an error with the boss eveent on android. It gives an error when u defeat him and u don't get anything for it no weapon drops.
Send a support ticket.

i have a sony xperia s, the specs are pretty good:

RAM: 1GB
Flash memory: 32GB eMMC
1.5 GHz Qualcomm Dual Core processor

dont think the specs are bad but the game is still too heavy. the phone gets hot in my hands while playing. someone earlier suggested to use the FMR memory cleaner. i use that before starting the game and i restart the game after couple of hours and run memory cleaner again to rid of the apps running in the background. oh well ..

foxtrekker
11-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Have you update to ios5, I heard in another thread somewhere that when upgrading, many of the crashes disappear.

I'm on android, and have the occasional issue with crashes, but it's not as bad as it was on my iPod.

Is this the thread? It is ios 6.0.1 now.
Updating and doing a full restore to stock helped my crashes on ipod 4G a ton! Possibly just the update will help.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40004-CRASH-FIX-for-IPOD-4G-possibly-other-devices.

PawnXIIX
11-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Yeah I'm running IOS 6.0.1 and it didn't really help since the time I last updated. Once the boss event leave though, it crashes a lot less often :)

TZora
11-04-2012, 01:13 AM
There's another Gree special i'm dealing with these days. i attack someone and get $30k each attack. after 10 attacks, i plan to visit the player's hood to see if there's anything to rob. also, wish to see how much the player is carrying unbanked so that i can again attack this player in future to get money.

i press the ROB button and then I enjoy endless time watching "Traveling to Rival Hood". been enjoying this screen since last 10 minutes.

PawnXIIX
11-04-2012, 01:10 AM
There's another Gree special i'm dealing with these days. i attack someone and get $30k each attack. after 10 attacks, i plan to visit the player's hood to see if there's anything to rob. also, wish to see how much the player is carrying unbanked so that i can again attack this player in future to get money.

i press the ROB button and then I enjoy endless time watching "Traveling to Rival Hood". been enjoying this screen since last 10 minutes.

Happens to me too, but it lets me get to their hood. Right after the first rob it crashes after I've spent the stamina, but before it comes up with the rob result. The game hangs trying to open up the rob result screen, and the money and the respect stay on screen for just a second :/

TZora
11-04-2012, 01:13 AM
another gem!
30 minutes ago when I typed the above comment, i was attacking random players to gain XP to move to the next level. i consumed all of my stamina and just returned hoping that my stamina would have raised somewhat. guess what ... it is still empty?? what the fheck ...

PawnXIIX
11-04-2012, 01:14 AM
another gem!
30 minutes ago when I typed the above comment, i was attacking random players to gain XP to move to the next level. i consumed all of my stamina and just returned hoping that my stamina would have raised somewhat. guess what ... it is still empty?? what the fheck ...

Sounds like you game literally reverted an hour back due to daylight savings. It's about average with what everybody is experiencing :/

TZora
11-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Pawn, please see the "post times" of your and my posts above .. do u see something different?

my previous post was (#19) .. 11-04-2012 01:13 AM
your post (#20) .................. 11-04-2012 01:10 AM (what the ...)
I just posted (#21) .............. 11-04-2012 01:13 AM (what the ... no time difference?)

PawnXIIX
11-04-2012, 01:21 AM
Pawn, please see the "post times" of your and my posts above .. do u see something different?

my previous post was (#19) .. 11-04-2012 01:13 AM
your post (#20) .................. 11-04-2012 01:10 AM (what the ...)
I just posted (#21) .............. 11-04-2012 01:13 AM (what the ... no time difference?)

Wizardry! ~ <- 10th character :3

TZora
11-04-2012, 01:24 AM
okay i get it .. gree has gone nuts!

Harry Tuttle
11-04-2012, 02:39 AM
okay i get it .. gree has gone nuts!
Or it's daylight savings ending and the clocks got bumped back an hour at 2am :) (not that Gree isn't going nuts....)

Edit: you must be on the left coast huh, Zora? I'm CST and all the posts times between you and Pawn are sequential. You must have "fall"en back between the 1st post and the 2nd

TZora
11-04-2012, 02:43 AM
ok so the clock bumped back one hour and no increase in stamina. same goes for the HEALTH for the boss round. for one hour, no increase in health. But the boss beating 2 hour window did not bump back .. gree is going nuts!

TZora
11-04-2012, 02:56 AM
awwfheck..slpet on kepoard.. drool drool .. ctrl alt del .. shutdown .. exit light .. enter night ..