PDA

View Full Version : Reforming Modern War

Mad
11-02-2012, 08:25 PM
There is a huge imbalance in MW between the heavy gold spenders and the free to medium gold spenders. There are a number of things Gree could do to help correct this imbalance. We are not looking for the ability to beat heavy gold buyers, just give us the ability to survive.

In this poll, what one thing would you like MW to implement to help correct this imbalance. I have opened up the poll so you could choose more than one option.

Please select your top three choices.

The following is a brief explanation of the question:

Limit number of gold units participating in battles

Straight forward, don't allow all gold armies. In every battle or raid at least 30% of the units must be cash or valour

More quality cash units

I am thinking units with strong defensive stats at least 80. Of course they should have low casualty rates. There are a lot of open spots in many of unit building levels.

Reduce upgrade times

Compared to Kingdom Age and Modern Quest the upgrade times for money and unit buildings are horrendous. There needs to be a reduction.

Add more money buildings

In order to replenish units lost in battles against the whales, we need more money buildings.

Better loot drops

Again necessary to hold our own in battle. In fact, MW could randomly select loot points over a week and then change them. Would increase interest in PVE.

Valour producing buildings

Again very straight forward. Needed to replenish valour units lost in battle.

Stronger Defensive Buildings

Defensive buildings are a poor man's gold unit since they are indestructible. We need better and stronger buildings. Part of this would be allowing all defensive building to upgrade ten levels, most are limited just to five levels.

Slow down XP gain

XP is our enemy in this game and most are totally unprepared for whale territory because they are levelling up way too fast. There are a multitude of abandoned bases in whale territory. So either reduce the XP gain for PVE or PVP or increase the XP needed to complete a level.

Institute a subscription membership

Gree needs money to survive and I am interested in providing some financial support. I would be interested in a subscription level say $7 a month. Some member benefits would include lower upgrade times, unique maps, member only events, special money buildings etc.

Товарищ
11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
All gold armies are only viable for small ally counts, unless you're a really high calibre gold spender.
As for the poll, I went for 'less XP gain' with 'more money buildings' as a very close second.

Lift Ticket
11-02-2012, 08:46 PM
I like how you can choose more than one answer on same poll.

General Soviet
11-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm wanting to see more money buildings. A lot of HLPs like myself are running out of things to upgrade and build. Maybe make one more expensive than the Nanotech, and a couple around 3-7 million.

Dreno33
11-02-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm wanting to see more money buildings. A lot of HLPs like myself are running out of things to upgrade and build. Maybe make one more expensive than the Nanotech, and a couple around 3-7 million.

1) drop all allies
2) add strongest defense unit (depends on your country boost, too)
3) after awhile, you will be able to stock up a lot on this defense unit and be able to raise your ally number back up.
4) you will find yourself winning many more attacks/raids against you allowing you to save higher amounts of cash for upgrades

Lucky4u
11-02-2012, 11:50 PM
I'll opt for 1.less XP gains 2.reduce upgrades time 3.more money buildings....make the game more enjoyable and interesting...

Force10JC
11-03-2012, 08:24 AM
To preface this response I have never purchased a single bar of gold and don't plan on it.

Since purchasing gold or not purchasing gold is a choice, I really don't see the problem. You already have the ability to survive by purchasing more gold. It should be no surprise to anyone that the game's creators would give preference to those that pay to play. If you don't like it, you don't have to play. Not trying to be harsh. Just trying to be real about it.

Mad
11-03-2012, 08:55 AM
To preface this response I have never purchased a single bar of gold and don't plan on it.

Since purchasing gold or not purchasing gold is a choice, I really don't see the problem. You already have the ability to survive by purchasing more gold. It should be no surprise to anyone that the game's creators would give preference to those that pay to play. If you don't like it, you don't have to play. Not trying to be harsh. Just trying to be real about it.

To a point I agree, but at the same time there are thousands of people who use Tapjoy and are low to medium gold spenders that need to have their voice heard. Even the people playing for Free add to this game. And their concerns are just as legitimate -- at some point if they feel they have a chance to survive they might just spend some gold.

I know this, right now the big gold spenders seem to have the ear of MW, but the major source of income doesn't come from the few dozen who spend hundreds of dollars, but it comes from the thousands upon thousands free to medium gold spenders. The players who spend $10 every now and then and use Tapjoy.

I am one of those guys. I got an itunes card for my birthday, I bought a bit of gold. A business was offering Itune cards as a promotion. I got those. Haven't spent them yet.

I also believe MW is starting to address our concerns.

Ramshutu
11-03-2012, 09:22 AM
A start would be fixing the stuff they said they were looking into in January.

Brettm_001
11-03-2012, 10:08 AM
My big problem with attacking is that even if I take the full 300k/hit from who I am attacking, I usually lose more in unit value than I gain. Attacking always has a negative impact on my economy. For me the only reason to attack is for bps or valor missions. And those are not worth the xp gain. Before the auctions, the only time I attacked was during collect 10 events. Now I very rarely do anything other than camp.

Ramshutu
11-03-2012, 10:13 AM
My big problem with attacking is that even if I take the full 300k/hit from who I am attacking, I usually lose more in unit value than I gain. Attacking always has a negative impact on my economy. For me the only reason to attack is for bps or valor missions. And those are not worth the xp gain. Before the auctions, the only time I attacked was during collect 10 events. Now I very rarely do anything other than camp.

This is what I was referring to. The casualty rates went up massively around January time. Support, CCM et al, said 'we are aware of the issue and are working on it' which I assume is code for 'this is the way we want it, and we are going to wait for you to stop complaining.'

Brettm_001
11-03-2012, 11:15 AM
This is what I was referring to. The casualty rates went up massively around January time. Support, CCM et al, said 'we are aware of the issue and are working on it' which I assume is code for 'this is the way we want it, and we are going to wait for you to stop complaining.'

I agree. However I think by doing this many players are much less active. This situation has done wonders for my iph but at the same time I have started into the reeeeaaallly expensive units(ac and sb). So the incentive to attack/raid is even lower.

JohnnyR
11-03-2012, 11:26 AM

This is the biggest problem I see.

Not only that, but 95% of the time there is no money out of vault and buildings are collected. The problem gets worse as you level up because people wise up, and those that don't are pounced on or leave.

Besides events, there is virtually zero reason to attack or raid. The reward comes close to making up for losses.... For a war game, this is bad.

Quickie solution:
-Super sniper (A/D of 12/0, consume rate high, cost: $20,000)
We need an intermediate meatshield between A10 Warthog and SEAL. The price of MS doubles, and renders virtually anything below lvl 4 OR unprofitable to raid. This will allow raiding to be profitable again, and protect higher level defence units like SSDs and Minelaunchers from coming into battle.

-6 hour super money building similar to Nightclub from Crime City. Collecting from these will be hard, raiding these will be fun. Make income worth building these, even if collected 2-3 times a day.

-Expand ally count to 1000, cap gold units at 1500. Encourage economy building, engagement in game, strategy.

Guderian40
11-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Mad, thanks for that really useful threat, which tackles one of what I regard three vital issues om MW: the (im)balance. The other two are the lack of social interaction and long time motivatio (bare number adding attack/defense).

I support most of the ideas mentioned and think they can help a bit to lower the problem. They will not solve it tough. At the moment many apps share that problem: How to reward real money spenders, but keep balance and motivation for all at the same time.

Another kind of solutio, which also tackels the second issue, could be to introduce armies with real big gold players on the top, gifts for members (about 50), chats... Compare Global War, which is even more stupid two numbers counting, but improver social integration.

To the other point: Yes, raidind or attacking does not make sense at the moment, but for a war game, it should...

Thanks again.

Force10JC
11-03-2012, 01:04 PM
To a point I agree, but at the same time there are thousands of people who use Tapjoy and are low to medium gold spenders that need to have their voice heard. Even the people playing for Free add to this game. And their concerns are just as legitimate -- at some point if they feel they have a chance to survive they might just spend some gold.

I know this, right now the big gold spenders seem to have the ear of MW, but the major source of income doesn't come from the few dozen who spend hundreds of dollars, but it comes from the thousands upon thousands free to medium gold spenders. The players who spend $10 every now and then and use Tapjoy.

I am one of those guys. I got an itunes card for my birthday, I bought a bit of gold. A business was offering Itune cards as a promotion. I got those. Haven't spent them yet.

I also believe MW is starting to address our concerns.Only way you are going to be heard is to stop paying the $10 every now and then and stop using Tapjoy. If you want to be heard then you have to effect their bottom line. The numbers just don't make sense to make it worth it. You might as well just quit playing if you are going to go that far. Wouldn't you do that anyway if the game is no longer fun for you?

Auspex
11-03-2012, 01:12 PM

I think you've hit a point here. If gold spending was actually limited (ie only building upgrades or once a Month a unit came out or just Bosses etc), we would all be more inclined to spend a bit of gold since we could see a benefit from it and the gap would close between those that spend too much and those that don't spend at all.

When I look at the top end players or the few players in my level/ally range that have pure gold armies, I just lose any hope of spending that much to be even close to challenging for them. I really think overall a lot more would be spent on gold if they cultivated a fatter "Middle Class" of occasional gold spenders by simply not allowing an all out purchase.

ohwhatafinish
11-03-2012, 04:49 PM
The only way of changing things now would be to start a similar game and make it free to play for all players giving level playing field. You are not going to get a level playing in mw in it current format. I would agree with introducing more money buildings/unit buildings etc as I can see a lot of players packing the game in over the next year as there will not be much left to play for.

Hivesy
11-03-2012, 05:14 PM
This is the biggest problem I see.

Not only that, but 95% of the time there is no money out of vault and buildings are collected. The problem gets worse as you level up because people wise up, and those that don't are pounced on or leave.

Besides events, there is virtually zero reason to attack or raid. The reward comes close to making up for losses.... For a war game, this is bad.

Quickie solution:
-Super sniper (A/D of 12/0, consume rate high, cost: $20,000)
We need an intermediate meatshield between A10 Warthog and SEAL. The price of MS doubles, and renders virtually anything below lvl 4 OR unprofitable to raid. This will allow raiding to be profitable again, and protect higher level defence units like SSDs and Minelaunchers from coming into battle.

-6 hour super money building similar to Nightclub from Crime City. Collecting from these will be hard, raiding these will be fun. Make income worth building these, even if collected 2-3 times a day.

-Expand ally count to 1000, cap gold units at 1500. Encourage economy building, engagement in game, strategy.

Aree with you Johnny but that unit needs better Stats than that, bio warfares don't make my army any more and I have 200 sat there rotting away. Maybe a 25 attack 0 defence unit for infantry with a high cas rate would be good?

Jhenry02
11-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Gree cannot and will not limit gold armies it would be a breach of contract with all gold spenders. It would be negated on the basis of consideration. The consideration is the gold and the unit; if they spent the gold and cannot use the unit the contract would be void. If they went this route they would have to return an ass load of money to a lot of players. (For definition of ass load see index below.) Also for free players think about this, you have a contract as well, free gaming is one half the consideration, Grees half is the enticement of you to spend money.

The only way to level the parity between gold players and light gold players and free players would be threefold. First offer a higher level money buildings and more of them; second higher statistical units are needed ie. an 80/100 unit for $20 million; Thirdly valor earnings would have to be drastically increased. On average I lose between 600-1000 points of valor units per for attack to earn 4-76 points of valor. This makes it nearly useless to attack and raid other players unless you have stockpiled goals for valor. It's senseless to attack people in a warfare game which is silly. Valor drops for higher-level players say over 100 or 130 need to be increased at least 250% to make a viable outcome.

Think about it, you know it to be true.

-Jason

Index:
Assload -n See Also: buttload; a rural agrarian term for a copious amount of an item. Equal to 1/2 a **** ton and 4 **** loads and 100 jack ****s.

Huckleberry658
11-03-2012, 07:00 PM
Do I win a battle, win 10000 dollars but lose a 10000 sniper and a 8000 dollar hummer? Hello, I didn't win, I lost.

It really gets old cruising the raids for a half an hour to find one opponent who' s money items aren't looted.

Why do I spend 800000 dollars on my units and my attack/ defense goes down. If I add, it must go up, it's bull****.

Wy would it take 2 f'nn days to upgrade my space?

Dreno33
11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Do I win a battle, win 10000 dollars but lose a 10000 sniper and a 8000 dollar hummer? Hello, I didn't win, I lost.

It really gets old cruising the raids for a half an hour to find one opponent who' s money items aren't looted.

Why do I spend 800000 dollars on my units and my attack/ defense goes down. If I add, it must go up, it's bull****.

Wy would it take 2 f'nn days to upgrade my space?

Ohhhh the humor in this post. I cherish your comment with joy.

Jhenry02
11-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Wait till you lose a mobile artillery, a b-52 bomber and a hardened marine in 1 attack. 400 valor point unit and 1.45 million in cash units. For 0 dollars, 4 experience points, 6 valor points, 67 battle points, and a tree sniper you can't use.

Huckleberry658
11-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Why? Ok, must be ten characters..... Whhhhhyyy?

Huckleberry658
11-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Then what's the point, winning is supposed to be a win, not a loss. I'm really pissed that I poor millions into units but I can never get ahead

Huckleberry658
11-03-2012, 07:19 PM
And another thing, you could spend 50 bucks in gold and basically get nothing for it... Might as well spend a thousand dollars on this scam to be a power.

jeffrey
11-03-2012, 08:04 PM
If you boycott this game like PJ does, you will get reform and change. Stand up and unite, people. :D

Fl@sh
11-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Wait till you lose a mobile artillery, a b-52 bomber and a hardened marine in 1 attack. 400 valor point unit and 1.45 million in cash units. For 0 dollars, 4 experience points, 6 valor points, 67 battle points, and a tree sniper you can't use.How about when you have them delete over 100 grunt allies or junk units that cost 30 gold(during auction events)?

Jhenry02
11-03-2012, 08:31 PM
I just had them remove 60+ grunts. But when you use gold on an event and end up with a grunt or a 9/10 hippie sniper, you are gambling. Consideration is there. But here is a hint 99.99999999% of all gamblers lose in the end.

Gold costs between $.07 and .10 a bar. It's no different then buying a losing $5 lottery ticket.

Either way it does not effect the drastic parity in the game. The rich dominate with little strategy, where as even the most conservative and well layed strategy can't keep up or come close.

ohwhatafinish
11-04-2012, 02:23 AM
If you boycott this game like PJ does, you will get reform and change. Stand up and unite, people. :D

+1 to that. Do not spend any real money on this game there is no need

Mad
11-04-2012, 07:14 AM
The Boycott is for the Whale issues, for the rest of us -- the free to medium gold spenders -- these are our issues.

Sugarymama
11-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Wait till you lose a mobile artillery, a b-52 bomber and a hardened marine in 1 attack. 400 valor point unit and 1.45 million in cash units. For 0 dollars, 4 experience points, 6 valor points, 67 battle points, and a tree sniper you can't use.

Exactly! I have all but abandoned PVP. Only do it to complete missions and get BP. (And not even sure if BP will really be worth anything in the long run) It's ridiculous, and the developers are well aware of this. But they simply DO NOT CARE. They more you lose, they more they hope you spend to relish what you lost. It's a vicious cycle...

manbeast
11-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Limit the number of gold units participating in battle to 70% of an army
-i think it would be too hard for the programmers. clearly they aren't capable of making a simple boost work. i'd hate to see them even attempt to pull this one off

Provide more quality cash units (high D stats)
I agree, but i also want attack stats for boss events. and they can't follow the cost curve of current cash units. a ship with 80 defense would be like $60 million

Reduce upgrade times
i've always wanted this, but currently there is nothing worth spending money on so i dont need money buildings or upgrade times. bring fusion into the picture and we have a different story.

Add more money buildings
don't need them right now. upgrades take so long i'll be upgrading my current money buildings for at least a year

Better loot drops
YES YES YES! current loot is stupid. only good units are air units. how is that fair?! give me some ships to farm. This should include PVP loot as well. I have the glitch where I'm stuck in first tier pvp loot. Best unit I get from pvp is heavy bomber 10/9

Valour producing buildings (similar to money buildings)
no way jose. you have to earn valor by fighting for it. you shouldnt get valor for camping.

Stronger defensive buildings
this would be cool, but way at the bottom of my list. buildings would have to give AT LEAST 1,000 defense each. i dont see it happening

Slow down XP gain
for high lvl players-yes low level-no. because as you get higher and higher level, PVP gives out more and more XP. really discourages me from fighting. i remember i use to only get 3-5 xp per fight, now i'm getting 18-25 xp per fight. why?!

Institute a subscription membership
yes- this would be my number 1! give us special maps with awesome loot drops. give us access to special valor/cash units. give us the special events. free players shouldn't be able to really compete with heavy gold players. if there was no benefit to buying gold, nobody would. but you if you give me a subscription membership with unique benefits and i use a good strategy to take advantage of them, maybe i'd have a chance against the moderate spenders.

I voted for cash units, loot drops, and subscription membership.

Lucky4u
11-04-2012, 11:58 AM
IMO..these REFORM lists should be included in the boycott demands...these will benefit the players in general and for the improvement of the game itself..if only our voices be heard...

Agent Orange
11-04-2012, 01:06 PM
There's that saying, it is what it is. Looking over the list I actually don't see anything worth voting for because none of it address the key problem areas in the game which are the rivals list and the hackers who are flying under the radar by not doing things to really draw attention to themselves such as skill point hacks which are invisible and therefore difficult to detect unless you look at the players game files.

The game is about making money and that's fair. But not fair for those actually spending real money and then getting wiped out by hackers.

Therefore it seems kind of illogical to ask for better money buildings since the net result may just mean that those who have hacked their accounts can just slide in and take all your money from the buildings you have taken the time and money to build.

Dhusagar
11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
There's that saying, it is what it is. Looking over the list I actually don't see anything worth voting for because none of it address the key problem areas in the game which are the rivals list and the hackers who are flying under the radar by not doing things to really draw attention to themselves such as skill point hacks which are invisible and therefore difficult to detect unless you look at the players game files.

The game is about making money and that's fair. But not fair for those actually spending real money and then getting wiped out by hackers.

Therefore it seems kind of illogical to ask for better money buildings since the net result may just mean that those who have hacked their accounts can just slide in and take all your money from the buildings you have taken the time and money to build.

You have always spoken sense. Fix the basics first.

MonkeyPuppy2012
11-04-2012, 01:48 PM
You are forgetting a few things.

This game isnt a public service, a charity, or the salvation army.
Its a business

The gold players pay so everyone else can play

Its a business... not a charity or public service

Agent Orange
11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
You are forgetting a few things.

This game isnt a public service, a charity, or the salvation army.
Its a business

The gold players pay so everyone else can play

Its a business... not a charity or public service

Yes we do realize this, and actually if I was a paying customer I would be extremely upset to discover that my hard earned money is going to a company that is selling a defective product. Defective in so much as this product is so easily hacked and iTunes cash so easily spoofed though the latter is not Gree's fault.

Mad
11-04-2012, 04:10 PM

Actually what I am talking about is changing the fundamentals on how the game operates which is different than fixing the hackers problem.

I agree the hackers are problem, but they will always be a problem. I mean IE puts out an upgrade and patch every couple weeks it seems simply because you fix one problem and the hackers find another way in. Hacking is a constant issue and will continue to be a problem and from what I have been reading is some of the big issues don't lie with Funzio but actually Itunes.

I also believe that Funzio wants it stopped as much as anyone, because they are losing money on it. Somebody is literally robbing them as well as the rest of the players who are beat by them.

As for the rivals list, I have heard on the forum whales constantly griping they have no one to attack, well with the rivals list glitch they have gotten a few sacrificial lambs.

What this poll is about is changing the structure of the game giving Free to medium gold spenders a chance to survive. It is changing the fundamentals of the game itself.

I also don't consider the units not providing their promised boost as a structural change. It is definitely a concern, but I would not classify it fundamental change in how the game operates or is structured.

Do I want to see the boosts fixed? Absolutely. But those are primarily whale issues.

Agent Orange
11-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Actually what I am talking about is changing the fundamentals on how the game operates which is different than fixing the hackers problem.

I agree the hackers are problem, but they will always be a problem. I mean IE puts out an upgrade and patch every couple weeks it seems simply because you fix one problem and the hackers find another way in. Hacking is a constant issue and will continue to be a problem and from what I have been reading is some of the big issues don't lie with Funzio but actually Itunes.

I also believe that Funzio wants it stopped as much as anyone, because they are losing money on it. Somebody is literally robbing them as well as the rest of the players who are beat by them.

As for the rivals list, I have heard on the forum whales constantly griping they have no one to attack, well with the rivals list glitch they have gotten a few sacrificial lambs.

What this poll is about is changing the structure of the game giving Free to medium gold spenders a chance to survive. It is changing the fundamentals of the game itself.

I also don't consider the units not providing their promised boost as a structural change. It is definitely a concern, but I would not classify it fundamental change in how the game operates or is structured.

Do I want to see the boosts fixed? Absolutely. But those are primarily whale issues.

Hi, I understand where you are coming from and I appreciate your effort to try and address some issues in the game. The problem is that the underlying issues are so fundamentally entrenched that these are the ones that need to be addressed before we can move forward. I don't really think that giving the free and low gold spenders more money buildings is a good solution mainly because it means even more targets for those more powerful so I think the plan will backfire and those more powerful will be able to pick off these new buildings and take even more cash to become even stronger if that is possible.

Another fundamental problem is loss rates, the gold players do not have this problem but free and low gold spenders sure do and it's tough to mount any kind of offence or defence for that matter when high cost valour units shrivel up and die the instant a rival even looks at them.

In terms of the rivals list, that is going back to almost the very beginning of the game. Back then there were very few players and therefore once you really pulled away from the rest of the pack you ran out of other players to attack. Why the rivals list was rejigged so that it opened up a lot of lower level players to attack. But that kind of backfired in that it meant potential customers were giving up in droves. Granted a few stuck it out by spending equally large sums of real money so that gave the devs little incentive to actually fix the problem.

Now we have a lot of players all over the place above L130 which may or not be the rivals list cut off. I can see the poor souls just over L100 who are being fed to the lions in my list. I do think though that the devs are trying a filter that tries to also select rivals based on their attack and defence values which is a good thing.

The subscription idea is a good one. I suggested something along that line a few months ago, what I would like to see is a paid up front game with no in game spending to gain a tactical advantage. Of course the odds of that happening are about zero but I like the overall concept of MW but think it would be a lot more tactically challenging to eliminate the buy your way to the top aspect and instead have a game based on real strategy instead and perhaps do more with allies.

Actually on that thought, why not really make your allies work for you. Instead of just letting them add more units to your force they add attack and defence points to your score based on how strong they are. That could give a weak player that is being bullied a rather interesting come back....

Guderian40
11-04-2012, 10:56 PM
The Boycott is for the Whale issues, for the rest of us -- the free to medium gold spenders -- these are our issues.

Mad, yes I agree regarding the question of not-working boosts. Not interesting for us anyway.
BUT: I care regarding general questions of trust, credibility, keeping promises, listening to your customers (us!) - and answering them, improving the game, comitting to their products etc. Therefore I support the boycott.

Mad
11-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Mad, yes I agree regarding the question of not-working boosts. Not interesting for us anyway.
BUT: I care regarding general questions of trust, credibility, keeping promises, listening to your customers (us!) - and answering them, improving the game, comitting to their products etc. Therefore I support the boycott.

I absolutely agree -- accountability and transparency -- are very important. However, I found it interesting in a couple threads where whales were calling for support, yet on this forum have purposely opposed reforms that would make the game fairer for free to medium gold spenders.

Mad
11-05-2012, 05:49 AM
Hi, I understand where you are coming from and I appreciate your effort to try and address some issues in the game. The problem is that the underlying issues are so fundamentally entrenched that these are the ones that need to be addressed before we can move forward. I don't really think that giving the free and low gold spenders more money buildings is a good solution mainly because it means even more targets for those more powerful so I think the plan will backfire and those more powerful will be able to pick off these new buildings and take even more cash to become even stronger if that is possible.

Another fundamental problem is loss rates, the gold players do not have this problem but free and low gold spenders sure do and it's tough to mount any kind of offence or defence for that matter when high cost valour units shrivel up and die the instant a rival even looks at them.

In terms of the rivals list, that is going back to almost the very beginning of the game. Back then there were very few players and therefore once you really pulled away from the rest of the pack you ran out of other players to attack. Why the rivals list was rejigged so that it opened up a lot of lower level players to attack. But that kind of backfired in that it meant potential customers were giving up in droves. Granted a few stuck it out by spending equally large sums of real money so that gave the devs little incentive to actually fix the problem.

Now we have a lot of players all over the place above L130 which may or not be the rivals list cut off. I can see the poor souls just over L100 who are being fed to the lions in my list. I do think though that the devs are trying a filter that tries to also select rivals based on their attack and defence values which is a good thing.

The subscription idea is a good one. I suggested something along that line a few months ago, what I would like to see is a paid up front game with no in game spending to gain a tactical advantage. Of course the odds of that happening are about zero but I like the overall concept of MW but think it would be a lot more tactically challenging to eliminate the buy your way to the top aspect and instead have a game based on real strategy instead and perhaps do more with allies.

Actually on that thought, why not really make your allies work for you. Instead of just letting them add more units to your force they add attack and defence points to your score based on how strong they are. That could give a weak player that is being bullied a rather interesting come back....

Yeah I like the subscription idea myself. MW still needs to make money and a subscription idea would help wean it off gold purchases.

The idea for more money buildings is providing cash to rebuild armies after attack. I think it would be better to have 50 buildings producing $1 million a day, than one building producing $50 million a day. The more buildings the better chance the player can collect.

High stat cash units are important. As it is needed to match the dramatic climb in stats of gold units over the last few months.

I think GREE is trying to correct the imbalance between the free to medium gold spenders and the whales by adding the Boss events and even scratchers help to some extent. But I am not sure the whales want to see any significant changes to the structure of the game.

manbeast
11-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Another thing... Gold boost buildings!!! The composites factory is such a success, why aren't there anymore!!

Upgrade time reduction needs to be a building!! Not a unit boost. Corps of engineers!
Building for boss health regeneration!
Building that really reduces upgrade cost like the draughtmen does!
Attack boost!

Thief
11-06-2012, 03:44 PM
I didn't want to let this post fall through the cracks as its the only Valuable Post that isn't sticked right now (no offense to those that are Boycotting but i'm not reading each boycott)

1) Limit the number of Gold Units. While i like the idea...it changes the core of the game too much to be implemented. Plus then anyone that bought gold units could file a grievance. How do you get around that? Simple increase Units brought to battle to 2500 but keeping a limit on 2000 gold units. It would be the loophole required for gree to perform but i still don't think it really solves the problem.

2) Provide more Quality Cash Units: This is a must. We need more Defensive and Offensive Units. To even reach a survival point Units with 100 attack or 100 Defense must be available. (Note that the Whales would still destory us...but at least we could compete with medium gold spenders in the long run)

3) Reduce Upgrade times: Honestly this does nothing for me unless they add new buildings to upgrade. Sure i'll be upgrading until 2014....but so what? If i don't have any new buildings to upgrade then it doesn't matter and doesn't make me anymore compeitive in my honest opinion.

4) Add More Money Buildings: This would be the second must. Right now i make a about 18-20 Million dollars a day. However even with that much money coming in it would take me almost 3 years to make an army of 2000 AC and 2000 SB. 3 YEARS??? Now i realize that those would only give me Raw Stats of 100k attack/Defense. Add in the boosts of a Free Player and 120k/120k and that doesn't come close to defending against whales. Now if the implement Number 1 it would probably take 6 years.

5) Better Loot Drops: This would be helpful as in point number 4 time is your enemy if trying to build a cash army. Problem? Then you level up too quickly. Catch 22....But i really don't know how great loot is already to be honest as i haven't done much farming for loot personally.

6) Valor Producing Buildings I have to agree that valor is exclusive to earning it not collecting it. Two Spin offs though how about adding more goals with Valor? Second one is providing a third Currency "Silver" I wrote up a whole analysis on adding silver to the game and while it wouldn't provide you indestructible units it would be another currency that could help you on boss battles, etc. Silver is what you can convert your Cash into. Silver can be used on Events, Stamina and health refills and buildings (you can set whatever price ratio compared to gold you feel is required. I would reccomend 10 Silver would be the equivalant to 1 gold bar on the items you can purchase with silver as a substitute to gold for thematic reasons and 10 million cash would get you 500-1000 Silver) However you can't buy special units in the game with silver. I would love to be able to buy these units with silver but gree is a compnany that still wants some exclusives for their paying customers. These are the most powerful thing to buy with gold and i think it should stay that way.

On Additional notes you could add some better units that only Silver/gold can buy (not limited editions just more units). You could add a completely different Vault for us to store Silver (Vault Size 10,000?) (gotta give the gold players a new item to attack for) and you could even build a Silver Mine building to produce Silver. This is something you could pitch that would probably get accepted in my eyes.

7) Stronger Defensive Buildings While this would be nice your talking about some Serious Defensive Buildings. Right now a Rail gun is the best with 75 Defense? (obviously you can upgrade but it means little in the long run) You would need a defensive building starting out at 500 Defense to even be considered and then you would need to offer it to be bought with Cash. Start it at 10 Million so that we can actually afford to upgrade it? Although on the Scheme it's still very low. 5x500=2500 Defense.

8) Slow Down XP: Yes and No....Right now i have very little incentive to even Gain XP. (Outside of the boss battles) Based on how many bosses i can beat it takes me 1 month to level up once. At level 67 it will take a long time to reach whale territory. What really needs to happen is offer ACTUAL incetives to level up. Make PVE and PVP lower so that those good incentives are real incentives to gain that XP. Then i can enjoy the game where i'm at without worry about level to Whales next month or if i do i can enjoy where the Whales are at.

9) Institute a subscription Membership I do like this idea to be honest. I play this game enough that i would pay a few dollars a month to support it and giving me extra stuff would be nice. Along the same lines offer ways to earn gold like you do in KA (Watching Videos) You make money off the advertisments while we get a little boost in the game. Not all of us have hundreds of dollars to spend on this game....develop ways to make money off your free players without actually charging the players directly. You have a huge market to use and make money off of.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats my Rant.....I voted for More Cash Units and More Cash Buildings.