PDA

View Full Version : FYI New type of cheater low level no bankers look out

iteachem
11-02-2012, 10:28 AM
At least to me...

So I am being contacted in game by a player who is getting attacked by a cheater or group of cheaters repeatedly...
here is the scenario..

Hit once by cheater with 700k stats
Hi second time by cheater with different name very similar stats and about same leve
Repeat with up to 10 total hits at about the same time (1 minute span for all 10 hits)
by 8-10 total different names.

Each cheater is pretty identical
has 20 plus of special event items such as the koralene crossfire
Level 27 or 28
Name format of letter-letter-letter
Zero jobs completed
2000 -2500 fights completed less then 10 lost
0 robberies won or lost
740/700 stats
0 iph

Just an FYI ...will be helping this guy get them out of game. But thoughts etc appreciated

TonySpaghetti
11-02-2012, 10:42 AM
I still don't understand why the hell they don't just kill all the accounts that have the Koralene Crossfire. Ridiculous.

SiennaSharpe
11-02-2012, 10:50 AM
I still don't understand why the hell they don't just kill all the accounts that have the Koralene Crossfire. Ridiculous.
Agreed. How hard could that be? Run the search and if your name isn't cherry bomb, it's time to go.

Johnnie Walker
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
I am on level 28. Send me a pm with the name of that cheater so I can send a ticket too...Maybe it will help if support gets many tickets with that player...

dudeman
11-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Agreed. How hard could that be? Run the search and if your name isn't cherry bomb, it's time to go.

Didn't someone post on the forum somewhere that the original winner of that item had their account banned for cheating/hacking?

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then they should do what Tony said and just kill all the accounts that have that item.

And then put more flag items in the code that will never be released. Cheater magnet items that no one but cheaters can get.

They're not going to do that though. Cheaters encourage uninformed and/or uneducated players to open their wallets.

SiennaSharpe
11-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Didn't someone post on the forum somewhere that the original winner of that item had their account banned for cheating/hacking?

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then they should do what Tony said and just kill all the accounts that have that item.

And then put more flag items in the code that will never be released. Cheater magnet items that no one but cheaters can get.

They're not going to do that though. Cheaters encourage uninformed and/or uneducated players to open their wallets.

The original winner of that item is still an active player. I saw the crossfire just the other day when I looked to see who'd hit my hood overnight.

dudeman
11-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I see. Whoever posted that the person was banned must have been full of it then.

Like I said, I had no idea whether it was true or not.

According to OP, however, cheaters are taking the liberty of awarding themselves more than one of such "epic" items. They should program the epic items to have "max count = 1" or "count >1 = account freeze".

If that could be done, cheaters (those types anyways) could accidentally ban their own accounts. Seems like it would take a bit of work away from support and whoever else has to deal with reported cheaters.

TonySpaghetti
11-02-2012, 11:11 AM
didn't someone post on the forum somewhere that the original winner of that item had their account banned for cheating/hacking?

I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is then they should do what tony said and just kill all the accounts that have that item.

YES!!!! MAGNETS!!! I LIKE THE CUT OF YOUR JIB, SIR!!!

edit: that was supposed to be all caps. Nice job in fixing something that isn't a problem on the forum.

Edit #2: looks like the caps fix doesn't work on edits. Hahahaha. Suckers.

PawnXIIX
11-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Wait.

...They LOST fights?

mxz
11-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Hmm, bringing this back on topic...
Teach - are they sure they're not the same person with a name change? That would be very helpful.

To me what's most odd is if multiple IDs are able to find the same person in the rivals list and hammer them all at the same time. To me this sounds not like the traditional hacks but more of a coordinated botnet attack.

I have some theories on how it could be done...but I'll keep that to email, get ready to check it.

Ghost818
11-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Same happened to Sam, with a name change every other second, the person lost all hits, but the hitters names all 1 letters spelled
p
a
y
a
m
i
s
b
a
c
k
h
a
p
p
y
h
a
l
l
o
w
e
e
n

PawnXIIX
11-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Same happened to Sam, with a name change every other second, the person lost all hits, but the hitters names all 1 letters spelled
p
a
y
a
m
i
s
b
a
c
k
h
a
p
p
y
h
a
l
l
o
w
e
e
n

Can I have a picture of that? That'd be pretty awesome :p

dudeman
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Teach - are they sure they're not the same person with a name change? That would be very helpful.

To me what's most odd is if multiple IDs are able to find the same person in the rivals list and hammer them all at the same time. To me this sounds not like the traditional hacks but more of a coordinated botnet attack.

I have some theories on how it could be done...but I'll keep that to email, get ready to check it.

Before there was even a single reply to this thread, my first thought was, "I wonder if people can hack to change their own name whenever they want, as often as they want."

Then I thought it sounded like a silly idea so I said nothing. But after thinking about it some more, and now reading this post (#10), a name change hack doesn't sound silly anymore. It sounds pretty clever actually.

iteachem
11-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Name changes would have to be happening within seconds and the hood statistic are slightly different..i will edit some photos and put them up later..tough to bypass the firewall at my school during the day...very difficult to get to the forums so I use my data plan and don't want to kill it

Also someone asked for a pm...will get that out later as well

mxz
11-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Name changes would have to be happening within seconds and the hood statistic are slightly different..i will edit some photos and put them up later..tough to bypass the firewall at my school during the day...very difficult to get to the forums so I use my data plan and don't want to kill it

Also someone asked for a pm...will get that out later as wellAlright, you have mail. Feel free to wait until you get home to read it...it's sort of long.

Ramshutu
11-02-2012, 11:55 AM
You can never stop determined hackers, but i suspect that 99% of hackers are exploiting the same couple of things. Unfortunately, 99% of cheaters are just people who are reusing mechanisms that someone else created.

As a programmer, the mechanisms that make his game hacakable are well known and to be honest are very easy to resolve. However I think onen of the problems is that it requires a client update to make everything work
. Unless you purposefully eliminate support for the previous client versions, people will still be able to exploit it.

mxz
11-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Before there was even a single reply to this thread, my first thought was, "I wonder if people can hack to change their own name whenever they want, as often as they want."

Then I thought it sounded like a silly idea so I said nothing. But after thinking about it some more, and now reading this post (#10), a name change hack doesn't sound silly anymore. It sounds pretty clever actually.I'm not entirely sure that's possible since there isn't an in game option to change it. My understanding was support had to change something in the database. But, if it is possible - this dude is pretty brilliant. I should mention I do not think it is possible.

I have another theory on how it could be a pretty smart hoax, of sorts...but I actually think that's less likely than my other theory (which is far more elaborate).

iteachem
11-02-2012, 12:07 PM
One other thing... The players hit are in the 140s... The attackers are level 28 or so

iteachem
11-02-2012, 12:41 PM
One other piece of info.. There is a message spelled out in the names....its specific message and I know many in forum will have been hit by them as well based on the message

mxz
11-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Wow...this is crazy complex. There is a new type of stalker in town.
teach gave me permission to edit/post this:
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q772/mxz1/CONGRATS.jpg
For those that can't read vertically: "CONGRATS ALL TOP 25 WINNERS!"

TonySpaghetti
11-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Maybe this was just GREE having some spooky Halloween fun.

dudeman
11-02-2012, 01:13 PM

That would mean CCM was full of crap when he said all staff accounts are on a test server.

So it's possible.

Ramshutu
11-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Not really their style. Although it is possible.

Here is what is difficult:

1.) are they the same player? Same items. Or are there any disparity?
2.) How have they managed to find the people who are being targeted.

The only thing that really makes sense if this person attacking is a single account rather than multiple accounts is that someone has access to the servers database. How that would ocurr, I do not wish to speculate.

TonySpaghetti
11-02-2012, 01:20 PM
That would mean CCM was full of crap when he said all staff accounts are on a test server.

So it's possible.

Considering all of the other expectations that have been set and not delivered on (Community moderation, prototype rifle for android surveys, special weapon for people who showed up to see him in NYC, something for the people who joined the Skype call, bringing balance to the Force, world peace, and providing an in-forum tool to make Dravak's posts make sense (I have ordered these items in order of complexity)) I would say that there is indeed a good chance that CCM is full of it. :)

iteachem
11-02-2012, 03:41 PM
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q772/mxz1/CONGRATS.jpg

Thanks for that

iteachem
11-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Not really their style. Although it is possible.

Here is what is difficult:

1.) are they the same player? Same items. Or are there any disparity?
2.) How have they managed to find the people who are being targeted.

According to the info. Each attack links to a separate hood with slightly similar stats

Olly1
11-02-2012, 04:32 PM
That's crazy. My only guess is that one person has made a number of accounts, probably using a udid faker. Build all accounts up side by side with similar stats and keeping them on the same level and then hit a player, switch to another account, hit them again, and so on. Main flaw to that is the difficulty of finding the same player in the rivals list within a short period of time

How ever it's done, it's nuts. Hackers taking things to a whole new level

Crime City Mark
11-02-2012, 04:47 PM
YES!!!! MAGNETS!!! I LIKE THE CUT OF YOUR JIB, SIR!!!

edit: that was supposed to be all caps. Nice job in fixing something that isn't a problem on the forum.

Edit #2: looks like the caps fix doesn't work on edits. Hahahaha. Suckers.

Seriously? Do you want a ban? Cut it out.

Crime City Mark
11-02-2012, 04:49 PM
This is a known issue that our CS and Engineering teams are hard at work clearing up.

iteachem
11-02-2012, 04:59 PM
This is a known issue that our CS and Engineering teams are hard at work clearing up.

I can put you in contact with the player who let me know...would that help?

kitzune
11-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I see. Whoever posted that the person was banned must have been full of it then.

Like I said, I had no idea whether it was true or not.

According to OP, however, cheaters are taking the liberty of awarding themselves more than one of such "epic" items. They should program the epic items to have "max count = 1" or "count >1 = account freeze".

If that could be done, cheaters (those types anyways) could accidentally ban their own accounts. Seems like it would take a bit of work away from support and whoever else has to deal with reported cheaters.

if list on device doesn't = what the server says you should have should = cheater.

kitzune
11-02-2012, 05:59 PM

In the image look at how precise they have to be to get the names in occrect order to get the name. within 2 minutes no way a group of people could do that.

Beardy
11-02-2012, 06:03 PM

Along with all the other known cheats?

TRAZ
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
I can confirm this post. I'm a level 200 and same player attacked me. Reported as usual and moved on.

fuzzy
11-02-2012, 06:34 PM
In the image look at how precise they have to be to get the names in occrect order to get the name. within 2 minutes no way a group of people could do that.

I would disagree that a group of players could not attack within 2 minutes of each other. Ask GWiz how many times it happened to him.

iteachem
11-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I would disagree that a group of players could not attack within 2 minutes of each other. Ask GWiz how many times it happened to him.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/double-take.gif

Ghost818
11-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I can also vouch if a group of players are after a single target (or even many) its actually very common for most to attack/rob at the same exact time. Usually right when the player is up for attack again. Y'all can ask the Criminal Minds? or Cyber Monkeys? whatever CM stands for...