PDA

View Full Version : Bring "Fusion" to MW! yay or nay?

manbeast
11-01-2012, 06:01 PM
Most of you know what fusion is, but for those of you who don't:

It is a process in Gree's new game Monster Quest. Fusion allows you to take two units and combine them. These units could be cash, valor, loot, or gold units. Some units can fuse with almost anything, some units have limited options, and some can't be fused.

The results of fusion are uncertain. Sometimes you will end up with a unit worse than the 2 you put in. Sometimes the same. Sometimes better.

The question about bringing it to modern war has been brought up in various threads, and it seems to be a very polarizing issue, but I've never seen a poll. I'm just wondering what the overall consensus is.

I love the idea. This game has one huge problem: it is a dead end, especially for free players! There is almost nothing to do with in game cash. Once your stats are around 100k, you are maxed out. This adds a whole new dimension to the game and makes it way more fun for free players and gives us something to work on and continue developing our armies!

What do you think? pros and cons?

bigflan
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Manbeast you fail this is a horrible idea no wonder gree is not even considering it

bigflan
11-01-2012, 06:20 PM
Okay who said yes

Guys really this idea should be banished

Xela
11-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Hello Manbeast I am new to the forum but back on topic... if you mean you can combine(fuse) two units together and possibly create a new more powerful unit its a yay from me.

bigflan
11-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Shut this idea down no one post here

manbeast
11-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Hello Manbeast I am new to the forum but back on topic... if you mean you can combine(fuse) two units together and possibly create a new more powerful unit its a yay from me.

Yes there is a chance you can make a more powerful unit. That more powerful unit can then be fused again to make an even more powerful unit. I've been playing around with it in monster quest but my economy is too weak in that game to do very much.

Since you are new here you might not know about flan. Sometimes he gets in this mood where he acts like a 5 yr old and u have to just completely ignore him. Sometimes he can be cool though. Flan is like a box of chocolates.

Gambit12
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Shut this idea down no one post here

Hahaha...Lol! Manbeast just open a thread once in a blue moon so give him a break Flan...

bigflan
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Manbeast you don't understand

What will this do it wipes out the use for gold
Look I have 250 gems on mq and I have nothing to spend it on becaue I can get everything for free and gree would go under if this happened open your mind gree is a business

Lift Ticket
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Was waiting for this topic to come up..

Maybe a boost building to upgrade units, but fusing 2 units brings up something I suggested before as hybrid units. If it brings something like a SHIELD helicarrier to modern war, I say maybe. I would just rather have a "hybrid" unit building instead of fusing 2 units and get something from random (possibly worse off) chance. The boost building to upgrade units could also be used to upgrade the hybrid units as well. I'm up in the air on this as I'm not too big on MQ.

manbeast
11-01-2012, 06:45 PM
You use gold/gems to speed up the process and get more rares. People like ferr would unload a ton of gold to collect all the rare fusion items. Plus you can fuse gold items! They would buy more gold units just so they could fuse them! How do u not see the potential? I thought you had the best imagination on the forum... Haha

bigflan
11-01-2012, 06:47 PM
You use gold/gems to speed up the process and get more rares. People like ferr would unload a ton of gold to collect all the rare fusion items. Plus you can fuse gold items! They would buy more gold units just so they could fuse them! How do u not see the potential? I thought you had the best imagination on the forum... HahaYou don't know but the game is no longer evolved around events and buying units but buying with cash and no one will do boss events it's a bad business plan

Lift Ticket
11-01-2012, 06:48 PM
You use gold/gems to speed up the process and get more rares. People like ferr would unload a ton of gold to collect all the rare fusion items. Plus you can fuse gold items! They would buy more gold units just so they could fuse them! How do u not see the potential? I thought you had the best imagination on the forum... Haha

If you keep fusing gold units will you get a "bonus" with it?

Mad
11-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I have used fusion a number of times in Modern Quest. I have been experimenting to see the results. I have not had a fail yet -- where the new monster created ended up being weaker than either of the two monsters used to create it.

About 40% of the time, I created a monster whose stats were equal (within 1 or 2 pts) or better than the combined stats of the two monsters used to create it.

The remaining 60% of the time I created a monster whose stats were better than the individual stats of the two monsters used to create it, but not better than the two monsters combined stats.

I used cash for all my opens.

I found it to be an excellent way to increase the quality of your units. Quality not quanitity is what will win the day.

However, I want it to be more realistic in MW. For example, adding Super Hornets to carriers etc to increase a carriers firepower. Maybe use it to create units or squads. Combining snipers, demolition men, boneyard APCs etc into units. If it worked, the units would have a greater combined strength than the individual.

It would also be a great way of increasing the strength of those commons we win in the Boss events.

boardgames rule
11-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I would love to see this in Mw

Xela
11-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes there is a chance you can make a more powerful unit. That more powerful unit can then be fused again to make an even more powerful unit. I've been playing around with it in monster quest but my economy is too weak in that game to do very much.

Since you are new here you might not know about flan. Sometimes he gets in this mood where he acts like a 5 yr old and u have to just completely ignore him. Sometimes he can be cool though. Flan is like a box of chocolates.

Thnx for the tip.... Ive been lurking for a while and everyone seems like cool characters.
Its still a yay from me!

bigflan
11-01-2012, 07:10 PM
No one here sees the problem but me

Typical as always

JohnnyR
11-01-2012, 07:24 PM
I like fusion, but maybe they can throw a different twist on it by eliminating chance and fuse units straight up? Ten snipers for a platoon, 30 for a squad, 100 for a brigade, etc. with a building unlocking each level.

manbeast
11-01-2012, 07:31 PM
I have used fusion a number of times in Modern Quest. I have been experimenting to see the results. I have not had a fail yet -- where the new monster created ended up being weaker than either of the two monsters used to create it.

About 40% of the time, I created a monster whose stats were equal (within 1 or 2 pts) or better than the combined stats of the two monsters used to create it.

The remaining 60% of the time I created a monster whose stats were better than the individual stats of the two monsters used to create it, but not better than the two monsters combined stats.

I used cash for all my opens.

I found it to be an excellent way to increase the quality of your units. Quality not quanitity is what will win the day.

However, I want it to be more realistic in MW. For example, adding Super Hornets to carriers etc to increase a carriers firepower. Maybe use it to create units or squads. Combining snipers, demolition men, boneyard APCs etc into units. If it worked, the units would have a greater combined strength than the individual.

It would also be a great way of increasing the strength of those commons we win in the Boss events.

That sounds good to me! There are tons of different variants of "fusion" that MW could use. For instance the aircraft carrier could have 20 slots. The slots would be filled with various fighters/helis. depending on what combination of aircraft you have on the carrier the stats would change. then you could attach subs/battleships to the carrier to protect it.

but yea i have a lot of useless units i'd love to fuse even if it is MQ style fusion.

lift ticket- i dont believe there is any bonus in MQ. but that is always a possibility!

Mad
11-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok here are the numbers from my latest fusion in MQ. I fused two monsters 9A 13D and 8A 9D. The resulting monster was 8A 18D. The new monsters combined stats of 27 are weaker than 39 combined stats of the two monsters used to create it. But it was stronger than the individual stats of the monster used to create it. I consider this a success, though I was hoping for more A.

Since you are limited in the number of units you can take into battle, quality supercedes quanitity.

Note: the monsters used to create the new monster both had higher D numbers than A numbers, it makes me think that this played a role in the high D numbers on the new monster.

As I mentioned I have dozens of units in MW that are no longer in use. This might be a great way to breathe new life into these units. My only hope is that it is done in a realistic way.

Second thing I like about it, is that it gives us something else to do while waiting for a new boss to regenerate.

bigflan
11-01-2012, 07:38 PM
That sounds good to me! There are tons of different variants of "fusion" that MW could use. For instance the aircraft carrier could have 20 slots. The slots would be filled with various fighters/helis. depending on what combination of aircraft you have on the carrier the stats would change. then you could attach subs/battleships to the carrier to protect it.

but yea i have a lot of useless units i'd love to fuse even if it is MQ style fusion.

lift ticket- i dont believe there is any bonus in MQ. but that is always a possibility!

It's nt a good thing think off all the problems gree is a business they need money and mq earns very little or anything at all so this could be very bad

bigflan
11-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Ok here are the numbers from my latest fusion in MQ. I fused two monsters 9A 13D and 8A 9D. The resulting monster was 8A 18D. The new monsters combined stats of 27 are weaker than 39 combined stats of the two monsters used to create it. But it was stronger than the individual stats of the monster used to create it. I consider this a success, though I was hoping for more A.

Since you are limited in the number of units you can take into battle, quality supercedes quanitity.

Note: the monsters used to create the new monster both had higher D numbers than A numbers, it makes me think that this played a role in the high D numbers on the new monster.

Here is my last fusion 9/8 tadpole + 4/11 splashtacle = hydrofin 37/40

mxz
11-01-2012, 07:44 PM
It's nt a good thing think off all the problems gree is a business they need money and mq earns very little or anything at all so this could be very badIts a different (augmenting) business model....not ripping out the old one.

Mad
11-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Here is my last fusion 9/8 tadpole + 4/11 splashtacle = hydrofin 37/40

Wow now I am jealous lol. Great fusion. I have never had anything that good.

bigflan
11-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Its a different (augmenting) business model....not ripping out the old one.
No one buys gems in mq and it will happen here if this is implemented I'm gree's point of view and it does not look good from here

Mad
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
No one buys gems in mq and it will happen here if this is implemented I'm gree's point of view and it does not look good from here

I am not so sure, I would be tempted to see what gold would do in a fusion.

bigflan
11-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I am not so sure, I would be tempted to see what gold would do in a fusion.It has been teseted that gems is not a big increase so no one uses gems

Mad
11-01-2012, 07:55 PM
It has been teseted that gems is not a big increase so no one uses gems

Well, the problem then is in Gree's court. If they want people to spend gems they need to give better odds.

manbeast
11-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Over level 100 I'd say about half the accounts I visit are abandoned. I look at inventories for crate events so I know who to attack. I have seen a lot of moderate gold spenders who do not have any of the recent event units. The accounts are abandoned! They left the game cause it got boring and they realized its a dead end. They need to keep adding new things like fusion to keep people interested.

I am against a Fixed result fusion. I feel like that would feel like another dead end. Figure out the best combo of units and get 2,000 of them. Game over. If it is more of a mysterious outcome then you want to keep trying your chances! Makes it more fun in my opinion

bigflan
11-01-2012, 07:59 PM
Over level 100 I'd say about half the accounts I visit are abandoned. I look at inventories for crate events so I know who to attack. I have seen a lot of moderate gold spenders who do not have any of the recent event units. The accounts are abandoned! They left the game cause it got boring and they realized its a dead end. They need to keep adding new things like fusion to keep people interested.

I am against a Fixed result fusion. I feel like that would feel like another dead end. Figure out the best combo of units and get 2,000 of them. Game over. If it is more of a mysterious outcome then you want to keep trying your chances! Makes it more fun in my opinion

I think they should allow you to trade in units for a better unit but not the extent of fusion

Mad
11-01-2012, 08:05 PM

I agree there needs to be an element of surprise. You never know what you are going to get. I also think fusion gives players a chance against the whales. It is one way to increase the power of your army with cash.

Actually, I think Gree has implemented a number of features that help free to medium gold spenders. Features like this will help fix the big imbalance.

JohnnyR
11-01-2012, 08:10 PM

Good point. The object of the fixed result would be to've kept the military theme, and also noting the fact that there are players with thousands of tree snipers and satellite trucks, so organizing them into units kinda keeps the theme going. I like the mystery though, combine a couple of tree snipers and get a 0/1 dozing sniper, or 100/100 genetically enhanced sniper, hmmm....

bigflan
11-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Good point. The object of the fixed result would be to've kept the military theme, and also noting the fact that there are players with thousands of tree snipers and satellite trucks, so organizing them into units kinda keeps the theme going. I like the mystery though, combine a couple of tree snipers and get a 0/1 dozing sniper, or 100/100 genetically enhanced sniper, hmmm....

Or you can do a trade system with loot items

30 tree snipers= tree recon 39/37

30 battle tank= capable artillery 49/52

30 citadel tanks = Elite mountain tank 110/112

All these units are very low casualty this is a good idea

Mervic
11-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Lots of great ideas here...keep it coming, Iam sure BigBrother(Gree) is watching, reading, whatever.

manbeast
11-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Well certain things like tree snipers would be considered "common" items. When you combine two "common" items there is a more limited number of results. As you climb up the ladder you fuse "common +" "uncommon" and "uncommon +". And maybe "rare". That's how it is in MQ anyways. The higher up you go the more mysterious the outcome

Or you can do a trade system with loot items

30 tree snipers= tree recon 39/37

30 battle tank= capable artillery 49/52

30 citadel tanks = Elite mountain tank 110/112

All these units are very low casualty this is a good idea

That's just fixed fusion. It seems most people agree fixed fusion isn't as fun and there will be less of an opportunity for GREE to sell gold

JohnnyR
11-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Well certain things like tree snipers would be considered "common" items. When you combine two "common" items there is a more limited number of results. As you climb up the ladder you fuse "common +" "uncommon" and "uncommon +". And maybe "rare". That's how it is in MQ anyways. The higher up you go the more mysterious the outcome

I kinda get the gist of it. Thing is, I don't really like the idea of trying hundreds of times to climb up that ladder, for what? A unit with stats I can buy with 50-100 gold? How far up the ladder, and how long would it take for it to be worth it, times hundreds-that's my problem.

Perhaps have an upgrade building to fuse multiples of units. 2/5/10/20/50. Some gargantuan fusions would make PVP worth it again.

That's just fixed fusion. It seems most people agree fixed fusion isn't as fun and there will be less of an opportunity for GREE to sell gold

Gotta agree.

Thief
11-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I have mixed feelings about it to be honest. I suppose first and foremost i don't like the idea that i can destructible units and make them indestructible. Otherwise i think the game still gets really boring really fast....as everyone becomes immune to attacks there isn't a reason to even attack anymore.

manbeast
11-01-2012, 11:39 PM
i havent made it that far in MQ yet... i was reading the "fusion theory" thread earlier.. aparently once you create an uncommon+ it is indestructible? seems weird to me. i dont see any reason to make them indestructible. just low casualty rate. top prize (after some luck and a lot of fusions) would be something like a high loot item. seige tank, transport raider, etc

jay_usher
11-02-2012, 12:08 AM
im with u big flan should nveer have been posted.. like the game isnt screwed enough! leave this out! they have devalued the gold on here already with all these free indistructible units! dont you think u have been given enough! how all the lucky ones have s from the start racking up and indistructible army from the get go whilst others are stuck at the top with real battles and camping their arses off!

Bronson
11-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Fusion for MW would be a great idea and there would be finally something to use in-game cash on.

They could make the fusion units very low casualty with maybe 1-2 rares per group (sea, air etc.) indestructible as long as these would be very hard to get.

The MQ fusion shouldn't be ported over as is because from uncommon+ they are indestructible and that would be bad for this game. The uncommon+ are very easy to create once you "get" the fusion process and no one wants this to turn into Crime City part 2 with everyone having 2000 golden trinkets.

Ph4ntom Stranger
11-02-2012, 06:09 AM
I'm still on the fence about fusion in MW. I can see both sides of it. If it came to MW I think it should be done in a realistic manner, never know what you are going to get (surprise factor), should not be indestructible by any means (lower casualty rate sure).

And how about if you were to fuse gold units together they would no longer be indestructible... That would be interesting, fuse two gold units together to guarantee better stats, but you could potentially lose it. I understand some would be like why would I do that? To get a resulting unit with better stats that will make it into your army. This idea would be more geared/beneficial to the high level players who have a lot of commons that are just riding the bench. But would be another strategy to get higher individual units into your army.

Force10JC
11-02-2012, 06:33 AM
I say NAY. I can see it for a game like MQ but not for a war game like MW.

Mad
11-02-2012, 07:01 AM
I agree make then low casualty instead of gold indestructible. The gold units are nice but they are ruining the game. Maybe give them a bit more firepower instead. In fact I think Gree should set a limit of how many gold units can be taken into battle - max the number of gold units at say 70%.

albeezy
11-02-2012, 07:38 AM
A while back I proposed someting along the lines of fusing, but rather than creating new units out of old ones you combine existing units into a single stronger unit of the same type. For example, you could "fuse" air units to create a squadron. The squadron could be capped at say 5 units and you would have to "train" the units to "fuse" them two at a time. So your first squadron would be two superhornets and you would train them for X hours, minutes, etc. and it would cost ingame cash. Once you had a squadron of two units, you could then "train" the squadron of two super hornets with another superhornet, and continue until you reach the max squadron size, in this exaple, 5. You could use gold to speed up the "training" time and/or increase the squadron size up to a gold max size. For infantry units you could create platoons, ground units could be called strike teams (not sure what the real term is), and sea units could create fleets. The stats for the squadron, platoon, etc. would be a percentage, say 60% of the stats for the units in the group, but when going to battle or defending the group counts as a single unit. So while you would lose 40% of the points of a single unit, you would gain a unit with 10% more after "fusing" two units. After than you would get bigger increases because you are adding 60% of the attack/defense stats to the group.

If fusion was brought to MW I think this is how it should be done. Just my two cents. It is similar to what MAD proposed.

Force10JC
11-02-2012, 08:36 AM
I agree make then low casualty instead of gold indestructible. The gold units are nice but they are ruining the game. Maybe give them a bit more firepower instead. In fact I think Gree should set a limit of how many gold units can be taken into battle - max the number of gold units at say 70%.Sounds good for the players in general but it would never happen since this could discourage gold purchases. Since I don't buy gold, I don't like it either but it's a sad fact of the game that I don't see changing.

Maverick50727
11-02-2012, 10:30 AM
I agree make then low casualty instead of gold indestructible. The gold units are nice but they are ruining the game. Maybe give them a bit more firepower instead. In fact I think Gree should set a limit of how many gold units can be taken into battle - max the number of gold units at say 70%.

OK, this is a little off topic, but still inline with the idea of fusion. A military surplus could be used to sell or combined units into stronger ones. Take a recipe of 3-4 units and make a single stronger as a result.

I agree. I've put that forth the idea of limiting gold units to a % of battle units several times. But it would have to be done in a phased approach by increasing the max as to not shift the balance of power from those who already used gold to be fair. I said set the max gold units at 2,000 (the current unit max). Many have all gold armies now. Then increase the max units in phases from 2,000 to 3,000- 4,000, etc, but leave the gold max at 2,000. So you could have 3,000 units but only 2,000 could be gold or indestructible.

I also stated to give advance notice to all players this change will take effect on xyz date so people can prepare. Many gold players have 0 economy, but those that do really have deep pockets and gold to buy one instantly anyway. I also recommended to add a military surplus store where you could sell units (gold, cash, valor and loot) for a discount, but would allow people to sell large qty of units not used in battle to make cash, gold, valor to trade in for better unit which they can use. All paired together doesn't make a big balance of power switch at once, gives people tools to rebalance, and adds challenge and better gameplay for both gold and free players. Gold players will always have the advantage over a free player, but more free players would be able to compete and be able to "damage" gold players. Being invincible and not being able to lose a unit means no strategy required and removes much of the "fun" for most people. Just my opinion, but many others I know agreed with these ideas.

Maverick50727
11-02-2012, 10:35 AM
I like fusion, but maybe they can throw a different twist on it by eliminating chance and fuse units straight up? Ten snipers for a platoon, 30 for a squad, 100 for a brigade, etc. with a building unlocking each level.
My guess would be they go along those lines.

Arizona
11-02-2012, 10:46 AM
Sounds good initially, but it would just result in ppl going for certain "fusions" knowing the outcome beforehand.
It would have to have some randomness to it otherwise, pointless; and better to just add a new unit.
It's the mystery of not knowing that makes it exciting.
If not, then within hours or days, the forum would be saying "this is the fusion to get you the best attack or defence", therefore limiting the usefulness of all but a handful of "fuses".

Mad
11-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Sounds good for the players in general but it would never happen since this could discourage gold purchases. Since I don't buy gold, I don't like it either but it's a sad fact of the game that I don't see changing.

If you could only take 70% gold units into battle, the emphasis would become quality instead of quantity. The Fusion could be a real answer here and people would use gold if there was an opportunity to increase the quality of some units.

I think losing is an important part of the game. If everyone has all gold armies, what is the point. We all hunker down and throw snowballs at each other, because we can't do any real damage.

Eventually, you will just quit and that includes the big gold spenders. It must get boring if you never lose. To me losing is what brings the challenge as I start figuring out what I can do to increase my stats and beat the guy.

Losing is what makes it interesting.

Force10JC
11-03-2012, 08:28 AM
OK, this is a little off topic, but still inline with the idea of fusion. A military surplus could be used to sell or combined units into stronger ones. Take a recipe of 3-4 units and make a single stronger as a result.

I agree. I've put that forth the idea of limiting gold units to a % of battle units several times. But it would have to be done in a phased approach by increasing the max as to not shift the balance of power from those who already used gold to be fair. I said set the max gold units at 2,000 (the current unit max). Many have all gold armies now. Then increase the max units in phases from 2,000 to 3,000- 4,000, etc, but leave the gold max at 2,000. So you could have 3,000 units but only 2,000 could be gold or indestructible.

I also stated to give advance notice to all players this change will take effect on xyz date so people can prepare. Many gold players have 0 economy, but those that do really have deep pockets and gold to buy one instantly anyway. I also recommended to add a military surplus store where you could sell units (gold, cash, valor and loot) for a discount, but would allow people to sell large qty of units not used in battle to make cash, gold, valor to trade in for better unit which they can use. All paired together doesn't make a big balance of power switch at once, gives people tools to rebalance, and adds challenge and better gameplay for both gold and free players. Gold players will always have the advantage over a free player, but more free players would be able to compete and be able to "damage" gold players. Being invincible and not being able to lose a unit means no strategy required and removes much of the "fun" for most people. Just my opinion, but many others I know agreed with these ideas.I suppose I'm open to this so not 100% "NAY" afterall.

Mad
11-03-2012, 10:58 AM
Well I had my first bogus fusion lol. I tried something different. Too this point I was fusing two units generally both had low attack and High defense and was getting a defense usually between twice as high or more than the D of each of the units. This time I took a high attack low defense unit and merged it with a Low Attack and high Defense unit.

I was slaughtered lol. The unit was just over half the power of the lowest unit used to create it.

It is not a slam dunk and that makes it interesting.

Xjarhead
11-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Bad idea, I accidentally hit yea but definitely a no.. Can you imagine fusing some of the units us mere mortals never get a chance at. Look at some of the gold players units and fuze them. Good god

albeezy
11-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Bad idea, I accidentally hit yea but definitely a no.. Can you imagine fusing some of the units us mere mortals never get a chance at. Look at some of the gold players units and fuze them. Good god
Could you imagine if you accidentally fused a boost unit and then lost the boost! LOL

Mad
11-03-2012, 03:40 PM

Well, in fusion there is also a risk in could go backwards on you. I had it just happen to me in MQ, big time. I have had some good fusions, but this last one was a big loss. The new monster was about half of the power of just one of the two monsters used to create it and those were decent monsters I used lol.

There is risk and reward with fusion. So I doubt very much people will be risking high level units.

But for the rest of us it is an opportunity to gradually strengthen our armies. I have tons of units no longer going into battle, even some gold units I won in the boss events. These units are not being used anymore I would love to try to upgrade them. Even if go backwards on a few of them, so what. The few that go forward will be significant.

I think there are far more benefits for free to medium sized gold spenders than there is for the whales and I am all for it.

manbeast
11-03-2012, 03:47 PM
There is really no advantage for whales. You can only fuse units so far. You wouldnt be able to fuse top gold units. For example:
You buy 10 crates. You get 2 rares, 3 uncommons and 5 commons.

The rares won't fuse with anything. Your 5 commons might fuse to get one or two uncommons. All those uncommons might make one or 2 rares. Maybe none. Some uncommons won't fuse with anything either.

Special units with a boost definitely wouldn't fuse with anything