PDA

View Full Version : The Worst! (Ever happen to you?)

KemoKidd
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
So I am in someone's hood who has 2 level 3 nightclubs. I check his stats to see that he actually has a lot better stats than me. I also notice that he has over 90 toilet paper explosives. So I figure what the hell and try to rob them. I lost about 12 times but did manage to hit each one twice. As I start to attempt to rob his level 2 Hard Rock Cafes I get a text message.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but when I get a text, Crime City has to re-load. What's weird is that when I get a call it does not. Anyway, I never clicked on the money to collect it so I never received it. I found him again on my rival's list but his nightclubs were not available to rob! I guess that money is just lost forever for both of us. AGGRAVATING!

Edit: I also lost 5 toilet paper bombs!

Munch on it
11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Lol yeah I get that all the time but texts are fine providing I don't click on the notification it's more phone calls for me

KemoKidd
11-01-2012, 04:32 PM
As soon as a text comes in it goes to the Crime City picture with the police cars to load no matter what. I could have a long conversation on the phone and it will go back to where I was. Weird that it's the opposite with you. I'm on Android by the way.

Ghost818
11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
on IOS if u get a text you get a push notification up top, if u dont tap it u cant reply but nothing happens to the game. However for calls if u pick up, goes to loading screen, if u decline nothing happens youre still there

KemoKidd
11-01-2012, 04:37 PM
on IOS if u get a text you get a push notification up top, if u dont tap it u cant reply but nothing happens to the game. However for calls if u pick up, goes to loading screen, if u decline nothing happens youre still there

It's better that I can talk and not lose where I am. However, it is way worse that I have no choice when a text comes in and I get more of those than phone calls!

Paulio
11-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I never get text messages or phone calls on my iPad. I think it's broken.

Ghost818
11-01-2012, 04:39 PM
^ that made me burst out laughing.

Ballerado
11-01-2012, 05:08 PM
on IOS if u get a text you get a push notification up top, if u dont tap it u cant reply but nothing happens to the game. However for calls if u pick up, goes to loading screen, if u decline nothing happens youre still thereAfter the push goes away, you can pull down the tab from the top to see the text and stay in game. You can use siri to send a text and stay in game as well. :D

PawnXIIX
11-01-2012, 05:09 PM
I thought this was going to refer to a crash. More than 50% of the time if I try to rob anything more than 25k a tap it crashes my game :p

Ramshutu
11-01-2012, 05:27 PM
On android, if I get a text or call, it backgrounds the app (same as if you press home) and you can just flip back to it. This is mainly because while android has the stability of a senile horse on stilts, and the usability to match, it multitasks in a way that is actually real multitasking.

Carmine74
11-01-2012, 05:53 PM
I hate when people call right before my collection time...Feels silly to rush them off the phone just to collect, but I do it.

the_dude
11-01-2012, 06:16 PM
I think this problem is dependant on which version of android you are using. ICS and jellybean shouldnt have this problem. But only the newer phones have either of those.

Lonestoner
11-01-2012, 06:19 PM
The past couple patches seem to have fixed this same issue for me, mostly. In the past, I was able to hit the home button and switch back in with no problems.. Then it got broken a month or so ago, and fixed within the past week or two.. Now, I seem to be able to switch in and out with no problems. Running android 2.3.4

Ragmondino
11-01-2012, 06:35 PM
So I am in someone's hood who has 2 level 3 nightclubs. I check his stats to see that he actually has a lot better stats than me. I also notice that he has over 90 toilet paper explosives. So I figure what the hell and try to rob them. I lost about 12 times but did manage to hit each one twice. As I start to attempt to rob his level 2 Hard Rock Cafes I get a text message.

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but when I get a text, Crime City has to re-load. What's weird is that when I get a call it does not. Anyway, I never clicked on the money to collect it so I never received it. I found him again on my rival's list but his nightclubs were not available to rob! I guess that money is just lost forever for both of us. AGGRAVATING!

Edit: I also lost 5 toilet paper bombs!

What's more aggravating is people losing robs 12 times and still trying and clogging up my news feed and wasting my toilet paper. If you lose twice, get the hell out of my hood

PawnXIIX
11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
What's more aggravating is people losing robs 12 times and still trying and clogging up my news feed and wasting my toilet paper. If you lose twice, get the hell out of my hood

Yeah, I had somebody waste 5 TP on my Credit Agencies. Didn't get anything, and honestly it was just completely annoying that a person with half my stats is trying to take money that hasn't been earned :p

Nicky the Nose
11-02-2012, 05:49 AM
I never get text messages or phone calls on my iPad. I think it's broken.

mine too.... thanks i spit coke all over my iPad from laughing so hard