PDA

View Full Version : Serious Topic about a Great Person

white frog
11-01-2012, 08:12 AM
His name is Jon Weece. He's my old pastor from a church called Southland in Lexington Kentucky. He is an incredible human being!!! He's been in the mission field most of his life, made many trips to Haiti, Joplin, etc. His heart is really devoted to God and people.

I was just informed this morning that during his most recent trip to Haiti, he contracted Typhoid fever. It's developed in his body so much that he's having surgery today, and they say it doesn't look good. I was hoping that if there were any "praying people" here on the forum, that you might be able to take a minute and say a quick prayer for him.

Jon is a young guy... in his mid-thirties.. and has 2 beautiful young children. This world needs Jon, and more like him! We can't afford to lose him! Thanks!

HunterHawk
11-01-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that Frog. Sounds like he was a major influence on you in a great way. Sounds like the typical- no good deed goes unpunished. Such a shame. He's sacrificing his life for others and I respect that greatly! I will give a prayer for him and his family.
It is curable,But hopefully they treat him fully so it doesn't ever come back.
I have heard of many many cases of this happening and people are dying over there from it, but I think it's mainly because they don't have enough medicine.
Hang in there Frog, be strong, and fight the good fight!

P.s. Anyone that reads this and is going to Haiti, please get vaccinated before going! Better safe than sorry.

BOS
11-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Frog, I live in Lexington and have heard Jon many times. I didn't even know he was sick...

white frog
11-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Frog, I live in Lexington and have heard Jon many times. I didn't even know he was sick...
Yeah.. I just found out this morning!

BOS
11-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah.. I just found out this morning!

Just called my bro who goes to Southland, all he knew is that Jon didn't preach on Sunday... Shocked to hear the news to say the least :( Praying everything goes smoothly, and for the comfort of his family. Thanks for the thread.