PDA

View Full Version : Unplayable

dudeman
10-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Threads titled "Crash City" have been over done, but the only difference here is the name of the thread.

CC is in an almost unplayable condition. I cannot do more than a couple fights/jobs/anything without the game crashing.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

CC is as broken as ever. It's obvious now that it will never be fixed.

TonySpaghetti
10-30-2012, 03:36 PM
It's fine for me. What platform are you on?

Dr. Dengus
10-30-2012, 03:38 PM
What device are you playing on? I've had issues with game lag, as in the game runs in slow-motion when attacking, doing a mission etc. Doing a hard close of the app usually fixes the issue. But haven't had any crash issues on the 4s.

dudeman
10-30-2012, 03:40 PM
iPad2.

The start of this most recent crash problem was when PvP stopped crediting anything won in the fight. TPs started dropping the next day, and on the very same day this crash problem started.

It has become increasingly serious. At first it was a few crashes per day. It has progressed into a crash every few actions.

By far the worst crash problem I have had to date, and there have been many periods where the game has become almost unplayable (for me) due to the frequency of crashes.

TonySpaghetti
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I'm on an ipad2 also. When its crashing, do you have other applications running? Maybe one of them is misbehaving.

TRAZ
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
I play on an ipad2 as well and no problems crashing here at all.

fuzzy
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM
Dudeman correct me if wrong but you are a heavy tapjoy downloader?

My ipad2 is having no issues at all with CC and CCHD. I'm running the newest OS and the newest versions of both games.

Are you?

Could it be a space issue on your iPad with everything else you have downloaded through tapjoy? Do you force close all apps and reboot your iPad? Could another app be causing CC to crash?

nopenopenope
10-30-2012, 04:15 PM
iPad2 works fine here. pebkac eer pebiac

The Billionaire
10-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Both my iPad and iPhone are working just fine. Just stocking up on some more Toilet Paper as we type ;)

dudeman
10-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I have nothing else open but CCHD when experiencing the crashing issue. I don't have the latest iOS because I don't really have a computer, but I do have the latest CCHD.

I am starting to wonder if my account is being hacked.

I just had a rainbow attacker flood my news. The whole page, top to bottom, was red/green, topped off with the comment "sissy".

The game crashed as soon as I saw the latest story, the wall post, and when I logged back in this is what I saw:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/903747b4a7c7b6b14781b872a87fa9be.jpg

Regarding gold/Tapjoy, the total shown in this photo comes from two sources. One is literally months of Tapjoy with minimal spending. The most gold I have TJ'ed in one day is about 50, the first day Tapjoy was available. Since then it's been ~10 max on a good day. Good days aren't the norm though, a more realistic number would be about 3/day. Some days I get zero.

The majority of that gold is from support though. I was given 650 as a "sorry for taking so long" because I had an issue that took over three months to get looked into, and it's still not fixed. Even after actions were taken to correct the issue, which was the disappearing cash from jobs problem I posted about, the problem still occurs daily. The ticket was closed and I was sent a survey, so I think it's safe to assume I will be plagued with the disappearing job cash bug forever.

In addition to whatever other hundreds of issues my account clearly has.

:mad:

Steve0
10-30-2012, 05:06 PM
I get that same display all the time. I just exit the screen and go in to the news its there like normal.

Dravak
10-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Don't worry dudeman about the gold , it seems a lot , but let say gold is like toilet paper no matter the amount , never enough ;)

dudeman
10-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Don't worry dudeman about the gold , it seems a lot , but let say gold is like toilet paper no matter the amount , never enough ;)

Oh I know. That's why I rarely bother spending any of it. I spent around 120 to get in the top 500 for the first leaderboard event. Since then I've spent almost nothing, maybe 6-7 gold opens and a few health packs for bosses.

You can't get f-all with <1000 gold that will make any real difference. Maybe if they put prizes for 15/20 boss wins again like they do in KA I will have something to shoot for, but right now 960-something is less useful than a real life roll of sh!t paper. :cool:

Poopenshire
10-30-2012, 05:27 PM
Since the update I have my screen going black in the middle of PVP and collecting.

Android
Samsung galaxy note Running ICS.

realsavior
10-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I am on android..downloaded the update that added the epic boss and had some crashes when clicking on people in my rivials list, forcing me to close and reopen the game.

Today there was a new update and the game is now freezing everytime I click on someone in my rivals list. I can still go do jobs, but I can no longer loot explosives. So basically outside of collecting money CC has become unplayable.

chokey
10-30-2012, 05:45 PM
latest update keeps locking up on PvP

an Android with no other apps running

dudeman
10-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Well that's weird. It looks like the problem is mostly affecting android, so why is my game so effed?!

jobadass
10-30-2012, 06:26 PM
I have nothing else open but CCHD when experiencing the crashing issue. I don't have the latest iOS because I don't really have a computer, but I do have the latest CCHD.

I am starting to wonder if my account is being hacked.

I just had a rainbow attacker flood my news. The whole page, top to bottom, was red/green, topped off with the comment "sissy".

The game crashed as soon as I saw the latest story, the wall post, and when I logged back in this is what I saw:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t440/ShredderBoris/903747b4a7c7b6b14781b872a87fa9be.jpg

Regarding gold/Tapjoy, the total shown in this photo comes from two sources. One is literally months of Tapjoy with minimal spending. The most gold I have TJ'ed in one day is about 50, the first day Tapjoy was available. Since then it's been ~10 max on a good day. Good days aren't the norm though, a more realistic number would be about 3/day. Some days I get zero.

The majority of that gold is from support though. I was given 650 as a "sorry for taking so long" because I had an issue that took over three months to get looked into, and it's still not fixed. Even after actions were taken to correct the issue, which was the disappearing cash from jobs problem I posted about, the problem still occurs daily. The ticket was closed and I was sent a survey, so I think it's safe to assume I will be plagued with the disappearing job cash bug forever.

In addition to whatever other hundreds of issues my account clearly has.

:mad:No news is good news.
LMAO

Babytway
10-30-2012, 06:36 PM
playing on ipad2 latest version of ios and cc and no problems here. Dudeman i don't think you need a computer anymore to get the latest ios update you can update now totally wireless no computer needed. just plug your ipad into a socket when you do.

OG Kush
10-30-2012, 09:40 PM
It happens to me a lot too. But when my iPod FULLY DIES and complete recharge it works fine for a couple days....

PawnXIIX
10-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Well that's weird. It looks like the problem is mostly affecting android, so why is my game so effed?!

My game constantly crashes during PvP as well, so it's not just android that it happens on. I have so many crashes a day it's ridiculous. I get more crashes during events, so thankfully when the last event just ended my rate decreased by about 50%, but I still crashed several times an hour :L

Thanos
10-31-2012, 05:30 AM
Dudeman, you don't have to have a computer to update to the new OS. Just go to settings and software update. It will do it in about 20-30 mins. It doesn't erase anything.

MrSpidey
10-31-2012, 06:05 AM
Well, playing on Galaxy S3 (Android) I also experience crashes of the game since the last couple of updates.
It happens randomly.

What I also have noticed that when going into PVP and checking out the stats of the rival it now takes some time to show the stats.

dudeman
10-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Dudeman, you don't have to have a computer to update to the new OS. Just go to settings and software update. It will do it in about 20-30 mins. It doesn't erase anything.

Thanks, I'll have to try that again. The last time I tried doing that was when 5.0 came out and I was prompted to connect to my pc. I haven't bothered trying again since I expected it to (still) not work like that.

The game seems to be running more smoothly since I started this thread anyways, but an update will allow me to do some free Tapjoy offers I've been unable to complete due to not having a more recent os.

sez
10-31-2012, 06:50 AM
Maybe you should stop letting your tears fall onto your iPad.... Maybe all your salty tears have fried your iPad ????

Thanos
10-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks, I'll have to try that again. The last time I tried doing that was when 5.0 came out and I was prompted to connect to my pc. I haven't bothered trying again since I expected it to (still) not work like that.

The game seems to be running more smoothly since I started this thread anyways, but an update will allow me to do some free Tapjoy offers I've been unable to complete due to not having a more recent os.

Yeah you can still work on it while it updates too. Until it wants to reboot then it takes a few mins of downtime.

SevenO9
10-31-2012, 09:02 AM
You might try to do a factory reset and install only those apps absolutely needed (typically less than 5%).

If CC is that important for you only install CC, see if it works. If yes, install the other apps one at a time and see which breaks CC.

Because the iPad and either iOS 5 or 6 have no issues with CC per se.

LongFingers
11-03-2012, 04:15 AM
I had lot of chashes this last summer (playing with Ipad 4.2 IOS)
Can't fight or take any respect coin or money from anybody.
After various support emails, they suggest me to made a sync.
Then I deleted CC and reinsall CC again. All is going well after this.
Three months later, some chashes again.

TZora
11-03-2012, 06:02 AM
Threads titled "Crash City" have been over done, but the only difference here is the name of the thread.

CC is in an almost unplayable condition. I cannot do more than a couple fights/jobs/anything without the game crashing.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

CC is as broken as ever. It's obvious now that it will never be fixed.
ur not alone there dudeman. i'm getting pretty good lag and hangs. the only way i can then play the game is by restarting my phone. the game is heating up my phone, guess some bad programming is kicking in ..

PawnXIIX
11-03-2012, 10:43 AM
ur not alone there dudeman. i'm getting pretty good lag and hangs. the only way i can then play the game is by restarting my phone. the game is heating up my phone, guess some bad programming is kicking in ..

Well, no. I can defend the developers on this one. Imagine making a game that plays on real time. There needs to be checks every millisecond to determine when tasks finish. Any game like this one will cause a lot of heat because the processor is constantly doing work to do calculations and checks. The game needs to check constantly for buildings to complete, for energy to replenish, stamina, and also when the events come in it needs to do additional timers for that as well. The only way I have tried programming it so far but it goes something like this:

The process happens every few seconds or so. Most likely GREE would have probably made a single tick (a single update of everything) every half a second, or quarter of a second. Something that easily divides into 1000 milliseconds.

end is defined as a boolean (true/false)
lastUpdateCheck is a long integer, the last time the system was updated
tick is an integer, the number of milliseconds during each tick (250, 500, 1000, ect.)

do //program started
{
end = false;
if(System.currentTimeMillis() > lastUpdateCheck + tick)
{
updateBuildings();
updateEventTime();
updateBossTimer();
end = forceUpdate();
lastUpdateCheck = System.currentTimeMillis();
}
}while(!end);

and after this loop ends, the game crashes. This would be useful if the game knows there is a new feature scheduled to come out, so it would crash the client forcing a restart. If any of you other guys who are good with programming have an issue with me using java, I'll gladly use c++ or something :p

beaux
11-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Dudeman I know it won't make you feel any better but, your not alone. If I do more than ne roberry I have to get out reset & go back before trying to rob the next perso cause soon as I make that first robbery the pad is gonna crash.