PDA

View Full Version : New forum events!

Pages : [1] 2

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey all,

I'm working on some new formats for forum events. I've added some fields to your profile for you to place your invite codes; these fields will be used to determine participants in these events. Only registered forum users who have added their invite codes to their profiles will qualify for the events. These fields are hidden, so you shouldn't have to worry about people spamming you with invites.

The first event I do will be this Friday-Monday, and will be a mission completion event. Everyone who is registered and has filled in their invite codes who does even a single mission in MW during that period will get an unit. The 10 people who complete the most mission (multi-click mission count as a single mission) will win another unit. The player who completes the absolute most number of mission will get a unit that increases your energy regeneration.

Here's where you come in! I want this to be a fun event, and I want everyone to feel like they're getting something good out of things regardless of whether you're a huge gold spender or a free player. So I'd like to hear your suggestions for stats for the participation prize, top 10 prize, and #1 prize. I'm going to finalize the prizes by the end of the day.

Let me know your thoughts!

Force10JC
10-30-2012, 10:38 AM
Sounds cool but how/here do you enter your invite codes into your profile?

XxGNUTxX
10-30-2012, 10:38 AM
I dont see any new fields

Blackstone
10-30-2012, 10:41 AM
Sounds pretty cool CCM. One question - What is your definition of a job? PvE or PvP or both?

I like PvP Tourneys with total PvP victories during a certain period or min victory requirements like the current CC setup.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Hey all,

The first event I do will be this Friday-Monday, and will be a job completion event. Everyone who is registered and has filled in their invite codes who does even a single job in MW during that period will get an unit. The 10 people who complete the most jobs (multi-click jobs count as a single job) will win another unit. The player who completes the absolute most number of jobs will get a unit that increases your energy regeneration.

Here's where you come in! I want this to be a fun event, and I want everyone to feel like they're getting something good out of things regardless of whether you're a huge gold spender or a free player. So I'd like to hear your suggestions for stats for the participation prize, top 10 prize, and #1 prize. I'm going to finalize the prizes by the end of the day.

Sounds sweet. Participation prize should be at a minimum similar to the Monster Hunter's 80/60 stats or total of 140 stats combined. Otherwise it will not make it into most of out armies. Top 10 should be around 400-600 total combined stats or similar to a top 250 item in an auction event and the number 1 prize with stats similar to a top 50 prize in the auction event, maybe 800-1000 range.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Sounds cool but how/here do you enter your invite codes into your profile?

Here is what it looks like
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/exampl10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=102&u=17569328)

albeezy
10-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Sounds pretty cool CCM. One question - What is your definition of a job? PvE or PvP or both?

I like PvP Tourneys with total PvP victories during a certain period or min victory requirements like the current CC setup.

Jobs is the CrimeCity equivalent of PVE

Warfiend
10-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds sweet. Participation prize should be at a minimum similar to the Monster Hunter's 80/60 stats or total of 140 stats combined. Otherwise it will not make it into most of out armies. Top 10 should be around 400-600 total combined stats or similar to a top 250 item in an auction event and the number 1 prize with stats similar to a top 50 prize in the auction event, maybe 800-1000 range.

I 2nd this.

It sounds like a fun forum event

Force10JC
10-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Here is what it looks like
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/exampl10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=102&u=17569328)Found it. Thanks.

XxGNUTxX
10-30-2012, 10:56 AM
here is what it looks like
http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/17/56/93/28/exampl10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=102&u=17569328)

thanks buddy

albeezy
10-30-2012, 10:59 AM
will there be a leaderboard? an in-game leaderboard

qqqq
10-30-2012, 11:09 AM
I agree, prizes for activities involving levelling up should be attractive, at least an uncommon unit for participating and high value units for top prizes. Great idea however, and I'd like PVP tournaments too!

jay_usher
10-30-2012, 11:20 AM
will this work with the number of jobs or xp given? still needs to be explained a few holes in ur explination

General Soviet
10-30-2012, 11:22 AM
A leaderboard would be a good idea. They worked well in other events.

Elvis Himself
10-30-2012, 11:31 AM

I agree. The units must be worth it to level up on events like this. Good idea CCM

Lt. Falcon
10-30-2012, 12:00 PM
@albeezy - how can there be a in-game leaderboard if it's a forum only event?

@cc Mark - great idea to encourage more players to MW forums and give people oppurtunities for a desent free unit.

for the complete one job mission, I agree this unit should have the equivalent stats as the Monster Hunter helicopter or perhaps a unit equivalent to the Black shark helicopter with a slight boost towards energy regeneration say 5%, the second prize should have the equivalent stats or greater as a rare from the boss events and the last prize should be around the stats of a top 250/500 prize from auction event. I'm thinking this would be the most practical and reasonable with gree devs.

Jhenry02
10-30-2012, 12:23 PM
It seems like a joke to me, I don't camp, never have, never will. I play mostly for pve. But if it doesn't go by xp, then whats to stop campers from going to level 1 map 1? And again either way it favors gold players because they use gold to refill stamina. I'm a daily player and daily contributor to the forums. And guarantee I won't win anything beyond a "Random Helicopter" 10/8 that won't even make it into my utilized military.

It seems like another backhanded way of promoting gold sales while giving hope to light gold and non gold players, just like the scratchers.

-Jason

Selfproclaimed
10-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Good idea . Only issue would be. Will units actually make it to their owners. I still never got the black panther and I'm sure ill never see it.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 12:30 PM
@albeezy - how can there be a in-game leaderboard if it's a forum only event?

They are smart, probably have a CS degree from a university, at least the programmers probably do. I am sure they can figure it out. Besides, Gree would be better off if everyone, including non-forum members saw the event. Just put a splash screen out that says must be a member of the forum to win. Then again, you wouuld have to get splash screens to read them...maybe a forum leaderboard would be easier!

BigD@wg
10-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Maybe I missed it but I would like to know the definition of a "job"?

A) job = PVE hit?
B) job = PVP attack?
C) job = PVP raid?
D) job = B & C
E) job = all of the above
F) job = none of the above, go play crime city as that is where you complete jobs :)

Lt. Falcon
10-30-2012, 12:41 PM
They are smart, probably have a CS degree from a university, at least the programmers probably do. I am sure they can figure it out. Besides, Gree would be better off if everyone, including non-forum members saw the event. Just put a splash screen out that says must be a member of the forum to win. Then again, you wouuld have to get splash screens to read them...maybe a forum leaderboard would be easier!

"It's being looked into!!" lol

chbranch
10-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm all in CCM.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 12:50 PM
"it's being looked into!!" lol

uhoh! Lol ....

Zoltarov
10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
Maybe I missed it but I would like to know the definition of a "job"?

A) job = PVE hit?
B) job = PVP attack?
C) job = PVP raid?
D) job = B & C
E) job = all of the above
F) job = none of the above, go play crime city as that is where you complete jobs :)

G) job = Collecting money buildings

Thief
10-30-2012, 12:55 PM
They Problem is as i believe it was brought up is i can just go to the first map and attack the first "job" over and over and over again to keep me up in the front running. What if you changed it to the most Energy used during those 3 days?

With that being said i do like the idea and i love Events! Sucks i'll be away this weekend :(

BigD@wg
10-30-2012, 12:58 PM
They Problem is as i believe it was brought up is i can just go to the first map and attack the first "job" over and over and over again to keep me up in the front running. What if you changed it to the most Energy used during those 3 days?

With that being said i do like the idea and i love Events! Sucks i'll be away this weekend :(

I really don't think PVE should apply. I would ASSUME (bad bad word) that a "job" is a PVP attack. And multiple hits on same player doesn't count. That's how I would interpret it, but it needs to be clarified by CCM.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:21 PM
I really don't think PVE should apply. I would ASSUME (bad bad word) that a "job" is a PVP attack. And multiple hits on same player doesn't count. That's how I would interpret it, but it needs to be clarified by CCM.

He's CRIMECITYmark. Therefore, he always uses crime city terms to describe things in MW. Will someone who plays CC post a screen shot explaining that jobs are like the map missions in MW!

Thief
10-30-2012, 01:30 PM

The Reason i interpreted "Jobs" as "Missions" is the Monster Hunter Unit Said 5% more Cash from Jobs before they changed it to Missions.

Edit: Confirmed based on going to the Dark Side (CC Forum)

Jhenry02
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Gotta love the ambiguity here, where is Ferr and why isn't he helping us champion for clarification and leadership boards?

Gilgamesh
10-30-2012, 01:31 PM
The top prize could be a unit called God. Infinite stats, able to delete player accounts.

chbranch
10-30-2012, 01:32 PM
PvE
Player Vs Environment. This is part of the game where a player performs tasks in one of the map areas.

PvP
Player Vs Player. This is part of the game where a player will attack, Rob or otherwise try and destroy another player.

I don't have screen shots but these are the basic definitions of the two. It's always good to get clarification on the event, but to try and tweak the event to benefit your style or level as a player or to try to "over-think" the event never works! Just play and try to enjoy the event with a free prize given to you.

BigD@wg
10-30-2012, 01:34 PM
He's CRIMECITYmark. Therefore, he always uses crime city terms to describe things in MW. Will someone who plays CC post a screen shot explaining that jobs are like the map missions in MW!

I play CC and you are absolutely correct. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't have to guess. It should be spelled out clearly by the one hosting the event. I was also stating my opinion that it shouldn't be based on PVE.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:37 PM
I play CC and you are absolutely correct. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't have to guess. It should be spelled out clearly by the one hosting the event. I was also stating my opinion that it shouldn't be based on PVE.

What if it was only for the "jobs/missions" that appeared in your goals screen?

Fl@sh
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
The 10 people who complete the most jobs (multi-click jobs count as a single job) will win another unit.
Come on people, THINK!

chbranch
10-30-2012, 01:43 PM
@albeezy.....And that could be true. But that may be a disadvantage for players who have been playing for awhile who do not have that many open goals left. There was just an anniversary event on CC with a weapon being handed out for "the most jobs completed" along with other categories. I didn't participate in that one category, so I'm not sure how it was scored or tallied. But people who did participate, didn't seem to have a problem with who ended up in the top 25.

Thief
10-30-2012, 01:44 PM

Aww and you made me go to the dark side to check....hahaha

Yea i have to agree but just a new event would be nice. (As long as it addresses the possiblity of being broken) Perhaps the next one will be PVP?

Note: Note sure if it can be tracked this way but perhaps a player can only complete each "job" once and then has to move on to the next "job". The only note is that some players would be complete. (in which case you need to decide to award them a "top" unit or allow them to go through it again.)

manbeast
10-30-2012, 01:46 PM
i believe the prize simply for participating should be higher than 140 combined. monster hunter was cool but i was disappointed. didnt even notice a difference in my stats. it should be at least 200 combined and probably closer to 300. the other prize is only given to top 10.. good luck getting it

Lt. Falcon
10-30-2012, 01:47 PM
PvE or PvP, it doesn't really matter to me what it is. "Jobs" though is the Crime City equivalent to Modern War map missions. Also, it was stated earlier that the Monster Hunter heli with the 5% increase in cash payout from "jobs" was changed to "missions" Also, I don't think it should be based on the amount of energy used as how can someone low level compete with a high level player who has used many skill points on energy. My hlp at lvl 89 has 1500 energy, my llp at 42 has 400, there is no way the 2 players would be able to compete with each other.

As for this event, I think it is a great idea by CC MArk to have a forum only event with good prizes as this would intice other MW players to visit forums and offer up and share some of their MW expierences and strategies. I think this forum would benefit from some new members and thir perspectives.

BigD@wg
10-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Come on people, THINK!

So does it mean I can add another 10,000 desert leaders to my army and win a prize? :)

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 01:49 PM

Nope. I don't have that technology yet. This is 100% run by me.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:50 PM
i believe the prize simply for participating should be higher than 140 combined. monster hunter was cool but i was disappointed. didnt even notice a difference in my stats. it should be at least 200 combined and probably closer to 300. the other prize is only given to top 10.. good luck getting it
You have to do 1 stinking mission to get it. make it 100 or 200 missions and then maybe 200 combined stats.

Better yet, make it have stats equivalent to the number of missions you complete 50%/50%. If you do 100 missions you a unit with 50/50 stats. If you do 1000 missions, 500/500 stats. Now you are talking!

Alternatively +1 energy per tick per 250 missions completed with 10/10 stats - I'd take that too

Lt. Falcon
10-30-2012, 01:51 PM
So does it mean I can add another 10,000 desert leaders to my army and win a prize? :)

That was my plan.

Fl@sh
10-30-2012, 01:53 PM
You have to do 1 stinking mission to get it. make it 100 or 200 missions and then maybe 200 combined stats.

Better yet, make it have stats equivalent to the number of missions you complete 50%/50%. If you do 100 missions you a unit with 50/50 stats. If you do 1000 missions, 500/500 stats. Now you are talking!

Alternatively +1 energy per tick per 250 missions completed with 10/10 stats - I'd take that tooThat would be dozens/ hundreds of different units.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:54 PM
@albeezy.....And that could be true. But that may be a disadvantage for players who have been playing for awhile who do not have that many open goals left. There was just an anniversary event on CC with a weapon being handed out for "the most jobs completed" along with other categories. I didn't participate in that one category, so I'm not sure how it was scored or tallied. But people who did participate, didn't seem to have a problem with who ended up in the top 25.

I was just seeing why he didn't want a PVE tourney. A mission is a mission to me!

Fl@sh
10-30-2012, 01:55 PM

That was my plan.
This is why I suggested a limit per job through a PM to CCM, was/ is my plan as well.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:55 PM
That would be dozens/ hundreds of different units.

I will wait to get mine until last then! LOL

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:57 PM

Winner top prize could be an elite desert leader or a global defense desert leader!

albeezy
10-30-2012, 01:59 PM
CCMark is offering to do a special tournament BY HIMSELF WITHOUT ENGINEERING SUPPORT and we should be grateful regardless of the stats of the unit or how the winner is calculated. Ferr will get wind of this tourney, add 10,000 skirmish soldiers by defeating the squid squadron schooner at infidel aresenal map for use in testing the top 50 prize from the last auction to event and win the thing anyways. I like free stuff!

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:03 PM
You're right, it's PVE missions. I'll go back and make it more clear.

To clarify a few other things, this is being run by me with my extremely limited programming knowledge. Things like custom units based on what types of jobs you did are simply out of my league. This is a forum appreciation event since you all put so much time into the game, and I'm doing what I can to give you a good run.

For the people saying this is a gold grab; I'd be lying if I said I didn't want you to buy gold. Of course I do. That said, I made this tournament so buying gold isn't required. You will get a prize if you do a single job, and it's going to be a unit that at the very least contributes to your stats. I'll try to get it made indestructible, but at the very least it's going to be low casualty. If we get a ton of participants I'll start opening up the winner brackets and adding more brackets, like 1,000/500/100/1 or something.

Please keep sending in your feedback and I'll respond as much as I can. I'm going to submit the unit requests tonight for the prizes.

Fl@sh
10-30-2012, 02:04 PM
CCMark is offering to do a special tournament BY HIMSELF WITHOUT ENGINEERING SUPPORT and we should be grateful regardless of the stats of the unit or how the winner is calculated. Ferr will get wind of this tourney, add 10,000 skirmish soldiers to his infantry to test the top 50 prize from the last auction to event and win the thing anyways. I like free stuff! I have something up my sleeve for Ferr, besides, there is no leaderboard for Ferr to check... ;)

Dockman
10-30-2012, 02:04 PM
This sounds like a great event. My wife will be having surgery Thursday so I should have lots of spare time to play.

I'm a level 114 with 76455a/73498d stats and 545IPH. I read the forums quite a bit but have never posted much. I will be looking for a team to play with. If anyone would be interested in taking me in their group, please let me know. Let's see first how many members will be needed on each team, first, though.

This sounds like a blast!! Thanks CCM.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
This sounds like a great event. My wife will be having surgery Thursday so I should have lots of spare time to play.

I'm a level 114 with 76455a/73498d stats and 545IPH. I read the forums quite a bit but have never posted much. I will be looking for a team to play with. If anyone would be interested in taking me in their group, please let me know. Let's see first how many members will be needed on each team, first, though.

This sounds like a blast!! Thanks CCM.

Teams? I am pretty sure this is an individual event and not a medley relay. If you are looking to add allies though my code is 167169946!

Commander Vador
10-30-2012, 02:07 PM
CCM should I understand that the players who have invested their skill points in the attack, defense or stamina skills (instead of energy) will be out of the race if they don't spend gold?

Jhenry02
10-30-2012, 02:09 PM
So ccm, in other words go back and camp level one map one, and use gold to refill stamina?

No thanks, I'll play my game, good luck to you all.

-Jason

albeezy
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
So ccm, in other words go back and camp level one map one, and use gold to refill stamina?

No thanks, I'll play my game, good luck to you all.

-Jason

Don't even lie! You konw you will do at least one hit on the Insurgent Leader. You better PM a thank you note to CCMark after you do also!

Bronson
10-30-2012, 02:11 PM
I lose my phone and a contest is set up to do one mission.....motherf*****!!!!!!

Fun
10-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Great CCM, This should be great thanks!

I lose my phone and a contest is set up to do one mission.....motherf*****!!!!!!

Poor bron is there no one you know that you can get a shot of and iPhone/iPod/iPad from?

Fl@sh
10-30-2012, 02:15 PM
@ Dockman - Best of luck to your wife in surgery and recovery. As beezy said, this is more likely an individual event. Perhaps in the future, a team event will occur.

@ CCM -
Participation unit: Infantry unit 86 attack/ 74 defense
Top 10 unit - Air unit 283 attack/ 217 Defense
Top 1 unit - Sea unit 685 attack/ 365 Defense

Perhaps a top 25 ground unit 170 attack/ 130 defense

Bronson
10-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Great CCM, This should be great thanks!

Poor bron is there no one you know that you can get a shot of and iPhone/iPod/iPad from?

The problem would be getting the game transferred, but I may have something in the pipe line

albeezy
10-30-2012, 02:18 PM

You have gone from Bonson to Bron-King (then I dethrOWNED you during the last poetry wednesday) and you went to Bronsizzle and now you have turned into BronFIZZLE...Sorry broson! I will PM you a pic of my PVE Tourney Prize when I receive it!

Just kidding Bronsizzle. That really stinks! Hit up a Wal-Mart or Target or UK equivalent and snag yourself an iSOMETHING and get back in the game!

Oh and noone will FFN me in KA despite having at least 170k overvault and counting!

Fun
10-30-2012, 02:22 PM
The problem would be getting the game transferred, but I may have something in the pipe line well good luck with that bron!

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Hey all,

I'm working on some new formats for forum events. I've added some fields to your profile for you to place your invite codes; these fields will be used to determine participants in these events. Only registered forum users who have added their invite codes to their profiles will qualify for the events. These fields are hidden, so you shouldn't have to worry about people spamming you with invites.

The first event I do will be this Friday-Monday, and will be a job completion event. Everyone who is registered and has filled in their invite codes who does even a single job in MW during that period will get an unit. The 10 people who complete the most jobs (multi-click jobs count as a single job) will win another unit. The player who completes the absolute most number of jobs will get a unit that increases your energy regeneration.

You gotta do your mission goal job not the map 1 job, right..? map 1 job is for Level 1 player only...

My suggestion prizes:

1. Participation prize unit, stats is around 150A/75D
2. Top 10 Prize unit is around 390A/250D
3. #1 Prize will be around 750A/500D

Bronson
10-30-2012, 02:35 PM
You have gone from Bonson to Bron-King (then I dethrOWNED you during the last poetry wednesday) and you went to Bronsizzle and now you have turned into BronFIZZLE...Sorry broson! I will PM you a pic of my PVE Tourney Prize when I receive it!

Just kidding Bronsizzle. That really stinks! Hit up a Wal-Mart or Target or UK equivalent and snag yourself an iSOMETHING and get back in the game!

Oh and noone will FFN me in KA despite having at least 170k overvault and counting!

Oh please everyone said I owned your Perry Mason ass on the poetry thread lol

manbeast
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM

Alternatively +1 energy per tick per 250 missions completed with 10/10 stats - I'd take that too

that is an awesome idea, but the engineers couldnt figure out how to make that event work even if u gave them 10 yrs haha but what sucks is you either participate (1 mission) and get a unit that you wont even notice, or you try for top 10, lvl up 20 lvls, dont make it, still just get the 1 unit. i really like what mark said:

adding more brackets, like 1,000/500/100/1 or something.

Please keep sending in your feedback and I'll respond as much as I can. I'm going to submit the unit requests tonight for the prizes.

this way we have a chance to get a worthwhile unit by spending a little gold. i'm not spending gold or doing any more than 1 mission if its just the top 10. no hope.

boardgames rule
10-30-2012, 02:38 PM
this is great thanks CCM.

manbeast
10-30-2012, 02:40 PM
You gotta do your mission goal job not the map 1 job, right..? map 1 job is for Level 1 player only...

i hope not. i dont have time to upgrade all my unit buildings to buy the required units. everyone is just going to go to map 1 and click the same missions a million times

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:41 PM
CCM should I understand that the players who have invested their skill points in the attack, defense or stamina skills (instead of energy) will be out of the race if they don't spend gold?

They won't be out of the race, but it will be more difficult.

albeezy
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
that is an awesome idea, but the engineers couldnt figure out how to make that event work even if u gave them 10 yrs haha but what sucks is you either participate (1 mission) and get a unit that you wont even notice, or you try for top 10, lvl up 20 lvls, dont make it, still just get the 1 unit. i really like what mark said:

this way we have a chance to get a worthwhile unit by spending a little gold. i'm not spending gold or doing any more than 1 mission if its just the top 10. no hope.

But it is the top 10 from us forum members. You have a shot. At least a better shot than if it was all 2 million MW players!

bigflan
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Hey is registration closed I want a free stuff

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:43 PM

If more people join up I'll be adding more tiers for future events. It's already locked down for this one, but the sky is the limit in the future.

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey is registration closed I want a free stuff

Registration is never closed. Edit your profile and fill in your invite codes.

Fun
10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
CCM has this started as of now or are you just giving a heads up?

chbranch
10-30-2012, 02:47 PM
C'mon people join up and participate so we can get some more cool stuff coming down the pipeline.......That bracketed/tiered idea sounds very familiar......

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Nice one CCM love the idea, love anything that spices things up a bit.

For the strength of unit I would aim at the auction event units for 25 opens, top 250 and top 50 for the single job, top 10 and top eventer.

Otherwise players at high levels never actually get to use any unit that is won this way. The black panther was a nice thought but about as useful as a chocolate fire guard.

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:50 PM
CCM has this started as of now or are you just giving a heads up?

It's going to start Friday night.

Gambit12
If more people join up I'll be adding more tiers for future events. It's already locked down for this one, but the sky is the limit in the future.

What time you will show the unit looks like tonight..??

Edit: Friday at midnight pacific right..

Jhenry02
Bronson, I may have an old iphone edge or 3g s laying around

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Okay, so how about 80/80 for the participation unit, 250/250 for top 10, and 1000/1000 for #1 with 1 extra energy per tick?

Fun
10-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Okay, so how about 80/80 for the participation unit, 250/250 for top 10, and 1000/1000 for #1 with 1 extra energy per tick? sounds great I think the #1 should get the unit name choice if it's possible old be pretty cool

Jhenry02
I've already added my code and defeated some nuclear plant in Bom Bahia, do i get the participation unit? And did you ever give them the definition of "job"?

Crime City Mark
What time you will show the unit looks like tonight..??

Edit: Friday at midnight pacific right..

It's going to be recycled art, so it won't be super cool.

It will start at 5pm PST, and go until 5pm PST on Monday. I'll put up the official event post when the items are set.

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
I've already added my code and defeated some nuclear plant in Bom Bahia, do i get the participation unit? And did you ever give them the definition of "job"?

The event hasn't started yet.

bigflan
10-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Okay, so how about 80/80 for the participation unit, 250/250 for top 10, and 1000/1000 for #1 with 1 extra energy per tick?That's good

Good haul for only a few xp

thizznation2169420
10-30-2012, 02:58 PM
is this event going to be for all 4 games cc ka mq mw?

Jhenry02
So official rules and such will be posted then?

Hello Kitty
Hey CCM! Very cool of you to do this on your own. I'm happy with consensus or your choice for best unit. I vote PvP for next time too. Thank you!

Fl@sh
10-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Okay, so how about 80/80 for the participation unit, 250/250 for top 10, and 1000/1000 for #1 with 1 extra energy per tick?Units with those stats will look like hacked/ fake units. How about 85/70 participation(Infantry unit named "Ferr") Top 10 325/215 (ground unit bike named "Speedbumps Bike" And a #1 1125/900 (Sea unit named "AdmirAL Beezy's Destroyer)?

Lt. Falcon
10-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Okay, so how about 80/80 for the participation unit, 250/250 for top 10, and 1000/1000 for #1 with 1 extra energy per tick?

This sounds good, do you have an idea of what type of units (i.e air, infantry, sea or gorund) for those units yet?

It's going to be recycled art, so it won't be super cool.

It will start at 5pm PST, and go until 5pm PST on Monday. I'll put up the official event post when the items are set.

Thanks again CC Mark, it's pretty cool of you to put something like this in the pipeline. Could you possibly get the devs to add more buildings to the game as well?

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 03:01 PM
is this event going to be for all 4 games cc ka mq mw?

We're launching this for MW, but it will move to all games.

Crime City Mark
So official rules and such will be posted then?

Yes, that is correct.

Gambit12

120/90 on participation with 5% bonus, 400/175 with 10% bonus for top 10, & #1 is good to go...

Fun
10-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Don't know if you skimmed past this in my other post but would it be possible for the #1 getting to pick the unit name?

bigflan
10-30-2012, 03:05 PM
So of can just beat the desert leader and get the unit

Is it indestructible

I hope it's a air unit for participation

Crime City Mark
Units with those stats will look like hacked/ fake units. How about 85/70 participation(Infantry unit named "Ferr") Top 10 325/215 (ground unit bike named "Speedbumps Bike" And a #1 1125/900 (Sea unit named "AdmirAL Beezy's Destroyer)?

They won't be fake because they're going to have lame names like "Forum Participant" "Forum Leader" and "Forum Champion" for this first round. That way if people report them we'll know.

Crime City Mark
120/90 on participation with 5% bonus, 400/175 with 10% bonus for top 10, & #1 is good to go...

I think you're shooting too high.

albeezy
Units with those stats will look like hacked/ fake units. How about 85/70 participation(Infantry unit named "Ferr") Top 10 325/215 (ground unit bike named "Speedbumps Bike" And a #1 1125/900 (Sea unit named "AdmirAL Beezy's Destroyer)?

This is by far the best idea so far!

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 03:06 PM
Don't know if you skimmed past this in my other post but would it be possible for the #1 getting to pick the unit name?

For future events, yes.

qqqq
10-30-2012, 03:08 PM
That's ok IMO

Fl@sh
They won't be fake because they're going to have lame names like "Forum Participant" "Forum Leader" and "Forum Champion" for this first round. That way if people report them we'll know.That is lame...:D

Jhenry02
I want an infantry unit named Backdoor Smuggler, and it can look like the loot item from Inner Sea Canal.

Poopenshire
10-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Just updated my info to be included.

Poopenshire
10-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I do want to add this is an amazing idea, I just request that we get to rub it in to others when we win.

boardgames rule
10-30-2012, 03:12 PM
added my info cant wait for it to start

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Ccm sorry if I missed it but do we have to complete any PVE missions or do they have to be the ones from our goals? Big difference and I don't want to be levelling up loads when others might just be hitting the desert leader 1000 times.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 03:15 PM
I think you're shooting too high.

i think its to low for those elite players like Fl@sh, albeezy, flan, maverick, poop, miner, corsair, Dr. dengus, MB, SP, & many others...participation unit will only help cleaning your base...no offense CCark...

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Ccm sorry if I missed it but do we have to complete any PVE missions or do they have to be the ones from our goals? Big difference and I don't want to be levelling up loads when others might just be hitting the desert leader 1000 times.

Please clarify. Thanks.

Any PVE Mission.

Corsair
10-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Come on people, THINK!No kidding. Good grief...some of you, if a guy handed you a million bucks in a suitcase you'd complain that he didn't give you a cart to wheel it off in. And if you got home and found it was only $999,900 you'd be PO'ed for a month about that missing $100.

Anyway...I think this is a good idea. It may not be perfect but it'll be fun to see what happens. I do agree that there probably needs to be an XP component to the ranking measure, otherwise it'll just turn into a contest of who can hit the insurgent gunman the most times (i.e. those who have the fewest life commitments over the weekend). But that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world either, if that's the best that can be done.

Participant unit = 150 - 200 total stats (monster hunter level), maybe a 5% boost to energy
Top 10 unit = 9th item/top 250 level, maybe a 15-25% boost to energy
Top unit = 10th item/top 25 level, 50-60% boost to energy

Thanks CCM!

ETA: OK, it took me way too long to write that, there were about 20 posts added...I'm fine with the suggested stats, I think they fit generally into what I suggested. 80/80 will work for me for quite a while. I take it that percentages don't work for the energy boosts, the units need to be "ticks", or whatever you want to call the unit, per minute of recharge time. IOW, you can't speed up the regeneration time window. Too bad as that does make it difficult to give out incremental boosts. Oh well.

Commander Vador
10-30-2012, 03:19 PM
They won't be out of the race, but it will be more difficult.

Sad indeed.
Thanks for the answer CCM

manbeast
10-30-2012, 03:20 PM
i think its to low for those elite players like Fl@sh, albeezy, flan, maverick, poop, miner, corsair, Dr. dengus, MB, SP, & many others...participation unit will only help cleaning your base...no offense CCark...

i made the list!! but flan? haha

Any PVE Mission.

excellent. thank you for all the info and replies. this first one will be fun, but i'm really looking forward to the future forum events with more tiers and possibly units with a boost. also thank you for informing us ahead of time and not throwing it at us last minute

bigflan
10-30-2012, 03:22 PM
i made the list!! but flan? haha

excellent. thank you for all the info and replies. this first one will be fun, but i'm really looking forward to the future forum events with more tiers and possibly units with a boost. also thank you for informing us ahead of time and not throwing it at us last minute

Dude I'm pro look at me I'm the strongest level 2 out there

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Just doing some cursory player pulls I can see that it would provide a bonus to Fl@sh, albeezy, and yourself. I didn't pull the other ones, but I think I make my point. 80 attack is enough to provide at least a small bonus to the vast majority of players, if not 100% of them.

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Top 10 unit = 9th item/top 250 level, maybe a 15-25% boost to energy!

FYI: 9th item stats is not equal to top 250 stats...

albeezy
10-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Just doing some cursory player pulls I can see that it would provide a bonus to Fl@sh, albeezy, and yourself. I didn't pull the other ones, but I think I make my point. 80 attack is enough to provide at least a small bonus to the vast majority of players, if not 100% of them.

You are correct CCMark, the Monster Hunter is in my top 45. An energy boost is desperately needed and always welcome at my base! Can't wait to see what you come up with and thanks for actually getting around to doing something like this!

bigflan
10-30-2012, 03:28 PM
I thank cc mark for putting the time into this forum event

Dr. Dengus
10-30-2012, 03:30 PM
Thanks CCM for taking the time to set this up, looking forward to my "Forum Participant".

Corsair
10-30-2012, 03:32 PM
FYI: 9th item stats is not equal to top 250 stats...I honestly couldn't remember for sure as I don't play the auction events and don't remember the box events well...I guess the top 250 is probably higher eh? That's more like what I was aiming for, and sounds like that is where CCM is too. :D

Jhenry02
10-30-2012, 03:34 PM
I think I am still going to abstain from playing this event. If I get a participation prize awesome, but I am not going to camp map one level one, or go all out raiding and attacking because I know I can't keep up with you hardcores and goldies. Good luck

-jason

bigflan
Thanks CCM for taking the time to set this up, looking forward to my "Forum Participant".Me too I want it to be a air unit with the wasp helicopter avatar

manbeast
I honestly couldn't remember for sure as I don't play the auction events and don't remember the box events well...I guess the top 250 is probably higher eh? That's more like what I was aiming for, and sounds like that is where CCM is too. :D

yea the top 250 unit is actually better than most of the top prizes from the 10 item events

Harry Tuttle
10-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Yep, thanks CCM. I added my codes to my profile. Hope it goes smoothly.

Ssne
10-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Great idea ccm. Sadly I need flamethrowers to do the latest round of missions and I've been slack about upgrading to get them so I might not be able to do much of anything.

General Soviet
10-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Just set up my info. Can't wait to compete, I can't turn down free stuff.

qqqq
10-30-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks CCM, ideas for new challenges are always welcome!

albeezy
10-30-2012, 03:44 PM
Great idea ccm. Sadly I need flamethrowers to do the latest round of missions and I've been slack about upgrading to get them so I might not be able to do much of anything.

just do another mission!

Dr. Dengus
10-30-2012, 03:45 PM
Me too I want it to be a air unit with the wasp helicopter avatar

Haha. Already have a Wasp Fighter unit from a previous boss event. Would you take suggestions on what images to use as prizes CCM? I vote for the Robot Walker image as the "Forum Participant" lol.

bigflan
10-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Haha. Already have a Wasp Fighter unit from a previous boss event. Would you take suggestions on what images to use as prizes CCM? I vote for the Robot Walker image as the "Forum Participant" lol. I would go with the avatar of the super hind that looks nice
http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/store/items_2x/SuperHind.png

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 03:48 PM
Haha. Already have a Wasp Fighter unit from a previous boss event. Would you take suggestions on what images to use as prizes CCM? I vote for the Robot Walker image as the "Forum Participant" lol.

Lets go for Robot Walker...that sounds good!

bigflan
10-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Lets go for Robot Walker...that sounds good! nope go super hind

andy_xyz2004
Thanks CCM, thats great idea, just updated my profile

manbeast
robot walker would definitely get noticed and get people more people coming to the forum

andy_xyz2004
10-30-2012, 03:53 PM

How about 100/100 for the participation unit, so it makes different from other events

Poopenshire
10-30-2012, 03:58 PM
ok so if i win, I get a 2nd energy boost. now tack on that I have a high energy level I might actually have a chance. I can clears hundreds of small missions.

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
robot walker would definitely get noticed and get people more people coming to the forum

You in sales manbeast? :) Good point well made.

Thanks for all your personal effort and replies on this ccm, just like the old days.....

Mad
10-30-2012, 04:00 PM
If 80/80 is acceptable, could we skewer it a bit -- 100A 60D. It still has a total count of a 160, but just broken up differently. This would help the higher level players a bit more.

Poopenshire
10-30-2012, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't mind another Flan unit. it would be a great time for a turret operator!!!!!!!

Poopenshire
10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
If 80/80 is acceptable, could we skewer it a bit -- 100A 60D. It still has a total count of a 160, but just broken up differently. This would help the higher level players a bit more.

Either or for me, both would enter my battlefield, I just am tired of the units where the stats are below 50.

bigflan
10-30-2012, 04:02 PM
I wouldn't mind another Flan unit. it would be a great time for a turret operator!!!!!!! I like super hind more

Good stats for the unit should be like

45/115 that's cooler

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't mind another Flan unit. it would be a great time for a turret operator!!!!!!!

How about a Poopenshire chooper or something...

Poopenshire
How about a Poopenshire chooper or something...

Make it a Pooper Trooper and you got a deal!

Baraka
CCM that's just what we need. Bravo man. Not got any ideas yet but just wanted to say thanks.

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 04:04 PM
You in sales manbeast? :) Good point well made.

Thanks for all your personal effort and replies on this ccm, just like the old days.....

Yeah, but I'd like it to be good on defense as well.

Capt Dan DevGru
10-30-2012, 04:07 PM
When the fields start poping up?

Crime City Mark
10-30-2012, 04:08 PM
When the fields start poping up?

They should already be there if you go to your profile.

Bob_55
10-30-2012, 04:08 PM
Very good idea CCM, thanks for making this!!!!!!!

Capt Dan DevGru
10-30-2012, 04:09 PM
Ohh found them :/ thanks!

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but I'd like it to be good on defense as well.

True, if the point of this is to get more people joining the forum then a unit mentioning the forum that also looks dead sexy and is used on defence so more people see it is ideal.

The forum participant, in a chrome robot walker suit, with 50/150 stats it is then. Done. PS when I say chrome I mean like the mirrored plate in KA. Sexy as you like.

bigflan
10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
True, if the point of this is to get more people joining the forum then a unit mentioning the forum that also looks dead sexy and is used on defence so more people see it is ideal.

The forum participant, in a chrome robot walker suit, with 50/150 stats it is then. Done. PS when I say chrome I mean like the mirrored plate in KA. Sexy as you like.

Come one let's have the forum participant with 45/115 stats and have it look like
http://static-cdn.modernwar-game.com/mwios/images/store/items_2x/SuperHind.png

When people see the robot walker they think scratchers

manbeast
10-30-2012, 04:17 PM
They should already be there if you go to your profile.

i've been getting attacked more frequently the last couple weeks so i'm all about defense. and it will get noticed by everyone attacking us. hivsey's idea sounds perfect to me

Mad
10-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Well, as long as its a sea unit, I will be happy with it.

Why should just Russia get the bonus lol?

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 04:21 PM
Stop being greedy flan, youve already got a whole unit called after you, I dont want to think of you very time I look at my shiny new prize. I already have to face that every time I fight a sucker that bought the flan canoe.

bigflan
10-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Stop being greedy flan, youve already got a whole unit called after you, I dont want to think of you very time I look at my shiny new prize. I already have to face that every time I fight a sucker that bought the flan canoe.

Take a brake, we are using a recycled image so your idea does not work and robot walker is thought as a scratcher item

+ super hind has a avatar used one as a LE bonus rare

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Make the top 10 prize stats at 300/300 & it looks like the Enhanced Tactical Fighter...

http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/3BD3B40F-1AA9-4754-BA1B-C657B8F217DF-7519-0000056C13E1B991_zpse4344955.jpg

Sugarymama
10-30-2012, 04:29 PM
Hey all,

The first event I do will be this Friday-Monday, and will be a mission completion event. Everyone who is registered and has filled in their invite codes who does even a single mission in MW during that period will get an unit. The 10 people who complete the most mission (multi-click mission count as a single mission) will win another unit. The player who completes the absolute most number of mission will get a unit that increases your energy regeneration.

This sounds like a cool event, and I want to participate. Maybe I'm missing something here; I found the fields on my profile, but where do I get the codes?

Jhenry02
10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
It's your game code mama, 817 094 831

Oh and Flan Canoe! Bahahaha

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Well, as long as its a sea unit, I will be happy with it.

Why should just Russia get the bonus lol?

Maybe It could be the first multi boost unit :) An amphibious truck with wings and a rock hard driver. 10% boost for sea, ground, air and infantry.......

Or a sea plane with wheels and a gunner hanging out the back. All 4 bases covered. Maybe we're getting in to the monter age fusion idea here.......

A trooper with a motorbike and a gyro pack on his back? Erm and with a canoe in his back pocket.

manbeast
10-30-2012, 04:36 PM
this thread reminds me of the phrase

"give us an inch, we'll take a mile"

haha, i'm sure mark loves the enthusiasm, but it probably feeling overwhelmed at the same time

Hivesy
10-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Make the top 10 prize stats at 300/300 & looks like the Enhance Tactical Fighter...

Nice one gambit that is one cool ass unit. Or the green jet At a Jaunty angle, is it the preying mantis fighter.

Fun
10-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Make it a Pooper Trooper and you got a deal!

+100000

Too bad my name has no sence to be in a war game :(

Gambit12
10-30-2012, 04:53 PM

haha, i'm sure mark loves the enthusiasm, but it probably feeling overwhelmed at the same time

Superman Mcdoc haven't showed up yet...maybe he's lurking as usual...& also miner...

vaporeon
10-30-2012, 05:08 PM
when is this going to be started?

Jhoemel
10-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Nice one, i already formulated my strategy, haha.

Can you guys tell me what time will it start in the philippines? Im not good with timezones stuff

BigD@wg
10-30-2012, 05:23 PM
Thx CCM for the new contest and the clarification of the rules.

Jhenry02
10-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Would start for you 8 am Saturday and end 8 am Tuesday in The Philippines.

Jhoemel
10-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Would start for you 8 am Saturday and end 8 am Tuesday in The Philippines.

I see,thanks

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-30-2012, 06:03 PM

Lol I was thinkin the same. The posts in this thread have been quite funny tho.
I'm fine with whatever the stats end up being. Using existing art is totally fine by me, I would choose to use the art from grand prize of the leaderboard events the echo leader and the battleship one! :)

Thanks for putting this together CCM!

Baraka
10-30-2012, 06:09 PM
So It doesn't have to be a mission from my goals. I can go to any map. Any target and that's a mission completed.

boardgames rule
10-30-2012, 06:20 PM
So bacically campers will just do the desert insufgent. Right and they get the unit if i understand.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-30-2012, 06:21 PM
So It doesn't have to be a mission from my goals. I can go to any map. Any target and that's a mission completed.

I believe that is the interpretation.

Baller
10-30-2012, 06:25 PM
I can't find the field to fill out on my iPad..help?

Eraleth
10-30-2012, 06:29 PM
I can't find the field to fill out on my iPad..help?
Forum Actions > Edit Profile

Baraka
10-30-2012, 06:36 PM
So bacically campers will just do the desert insufgent. Right and they get the unit if i understand.My point exactly.

Baller
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Forum Actions > Edit Profile
Thanks dude

Procyon
10-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Nice idea CCM. Thanks for thinking of some new concepts.

Sugarymama
10-30-2012, 07:27 PM
It's your game code mama, 817 094 831

Oh and Flan Canoe! Bahahaha

Thanks Jhenry. Didn't realize that...

SoO
10-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Where do we find the form to input our Id?

General Soviet
10-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Where do we find the form to input our Id?
Go to "Forum Actions", then "Edit Profile". Scroll down, and it will say "Modern War Invite Code". Type it in there.

Damosan
10-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Thanks for that

Ryans67
10-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Well looks like its good to have the 60% more energy boost from a while back. And I have 1,800 energy. ;)

Auspex
10-30-2012, 11:43 PM
Great Idea, now I'm forced to stop lurking and actually register. It's nice that it's forum based, now I have a reason to join and no excuse to not post any more.

MadManDK
10-31-2012, 03:20 AM
@CCM: This is really cool and the units you describe are very nice indeed (except for the names ;-)). I might not go for more than one myself, but the fact that you are doing something for the Forum and the game like this is really awesome.

Guderian40
10-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Good idea . Only issue would be. Will units actually make it to their owners. I still never got the black panther and I'm sure ill never see it.

CCM, good idea! Does not change much in the game, but ok. Gained units should be usable for at least five more levels, even the lowest of it.

AND: I am also still waiting for my Black Panther for contributing to the last survey. If you promise something, please keep it.

marebear
10-31-2012, 04:46 AM
Thanks ccmark!!!!

Thanos
10-31-2012, 05:24 AM
I'm lovin the forum events!
But I just thought that if its a forum event- how does that bring people to the forum?
Since the only people who know about it are the people in the forums already?

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-31-2012, 05:31 AM
I'm lovin the forum events!
But I just thought that if its a forum event- how does that bring people to the forum?
Since the only people who know about it are the people in the forums already?

I think he is figuring with the prize unit names having Forum in them that when non forum members playing the game attack us or we attack them and see the units they will know where we got them from. Of course they would also have to look through our inventory to see it lol. I dunno, cool event and basically at least one free unit for us so SCORE! lol

Thanos
10-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Ok that makes a little more sense. Lol
I like the concept as well. I'm going to let you all fight over the unit because I will be happy with whatever I get.
Although, a nice ship unit would be cool. Hint Hint.....Hahahahahha

Force10JC
10-31-2012, 05:56 AM
I'm still a camping NOOB but I look forward to receiving my participation unit in my first MW Event. Thanks, CCM.

Giedrybe
10-31-2012, 07:01 AM
CCM, nice and logical idea. Such game as MW needs Forum, and Forum needs members to keep it alive. There are honorable forum members who contributed a lot to this community. So thumbs up for this idea.
Stats of the units in your post seems reasonable for me. But I assume they should be indestructable ones.

Another thing is to encourage people to contribute to forum further. I think this forum, as all other websites, needs to be active, giving some value for the visitor in terms of knowledge, social part etc. What if you and other moderators of the forum could have the option to highlight/mark the post, which you feel was valuable for community? This could be done only by Gree persons (or some senior forum members, who you trust and who would be secretely asigned to this task). The idea is that you can give out prizes every month to the group of forum members, who got the highest score per month. Like best 10 contributors to the forum. Sharing game knowledge, supporting newcomers with answers, positive thinking and acting, sharing and creating ideas for future development, no trolling etc - could be factors for "scoring". I know this will be subjective nature, but it woud clearly show what is expected from the active forum member.

This could be a good way to develop the core community in the forum. Interesting forum, good community would increase loyalty to the game, even during times, when you feel a bit of bored with ingame action. Then you still have not boring forum.

Idiokus
10-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Wow wonderful sounds great!! Me too added needed info codes thanks CCM looking forwards to this forum event...great
Idea PVE event can't wait:-)

JohnnyR
10-31-2012, 08:12 AM
Meshing game and forum-wonderful! Sounds like the beginning of something great. :)

For unit prizes, my suggestion for the forum participation events and the regular in game events is to have tiered boosts. All the time I see the prize like +30% ground attack boost, but how many players actually win those? So few, and it's discouraging to see the same big spenders fighting for units, only 50 in the leaderboard events. How about keeping that as the top prize, and adding +20% to the top 250, and giving alll who collect the last part for the last unit a +10% boost?

Bronson
10-31-2012, 08:33 AM
If you really wanted to get peoples attention you should just give one prize to everyone who participates.

Make it a contest like 100 PVP & 100 PVE & completion of the profile ID to qualify, then award those players an infantry unit called the Forum Fighter with stats 1000/1000!

That way when someone attacks you the first unit they see on the battle screen would be the Forum Fighter and you would get wall posts galore asking where you got it from.

cheiz
10-31-2012, 09:00 AM
Great idea CCM, but I vote for Bronson's... lol!

If you really wanted to get peoples attention you should just give one prize to everyone who participates.

Make it a contest like 100 PVP & 100 PVE & completion of the profile ID to qualify, then award those players an infantry unit called the Forum Fighter with stats 1000/1000!

That way when someone attacks you the first unit they see on the battle screen would be the Forum Fighter and you would get wall posts galore asking where you got it from.

kevbme
10-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Free building upgrade would be a cool prize to win.

Thief
10-31-2012, 09:38 AM

I love this idea! Forces individuals to actually Compete but not agaisnt each other where there are too many unknowns. Just exactly what Bronson Listed. Forces people to attack and be active gaining experience but being rewarded with a great unit for completing the competition. If you can't do it this time around CCM i would certainly love to see it in the future.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-31-2012, 09:48 AM

I love this idea! Forces individuals to actually Compete but not agaisnt each other where there are too many unknowns. Just exactly what Bronson Listed. Forces people to attack and be active gaining experience but being rewarded with a great unit for completing the competition. If you can't do it this time around CCM i would certainly love to see it in the future.
Love it! That would absolutely get a lot of peoples attention for sure

Guderian40
10-31-2012, 10:37 AM
CCM, nice and logical idea. Such game as MW needs Forum, and Forum needs members to keep it alive. Another thing is to encourage people to contribute to forum further. I think this forum, as all other websites, needs to be active, giving some value for the visitor in terms of knowledge, social part etc.

This could be a good way to develop the core community in the forum. Interesting forum, good community would increase loyalty to the game, even during times, when you feel a bit of bored with ingame action. Then you still have not boring forum.

Giedriby, some really good and valuable thoughts and ideas. Thanks for that, I completely agree.
Social interaction (if not in the game, here in the forum) is key next to continous improvement and new ideas to the gameplay.

I also appreciate CCM's contribution. Hopefully GREE is investing more menpower in programming, gameplay enhancement and marketing, not making it a one man show. By the way: If there are more players and visitors in the forum, you need at least some headcount to structure the threads and keep it ongoing.... I think it's worth it.

JF5522
10-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks CCM, its a great idea. I hv just updated my profile and all set to go. Though I hv one suggestion: Can u provide multiple invite code fields for each game? I have other LLP account (android based) but am maintaining a single forum membership. My two cents.

Thanos
10-31-2012, 10:43 AM

I agree,fantastic idea. The only thing i could add is - how about making it a unit that doesn't get affected by class?
Like a nucular bomb, or a missile or something. That way it is fair for all forumites.

Hapl0
10-31-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks CCM!

Harry Tuttle
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
This thread kills me. Basically, CCM says "I'm having some people over, we'll hang out and grill some burgers" and SO MANY PEOPLE come back with "Sounds great! Thank you! You know what's be better? You could rent a floor at the hotel and get them to serve prime rib."

Thanks CCM, burgers sound great. I'll be there.

albeezy
10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks CCM, its a great idea. I hv just updated my profile and all set to go. Though I hv one suggestion: Can u provide multiple invite code fields for each game? I have other LLP account (android based) but am maintaining a single forum membership. My two cents.

Why not just create a second forum profile associated with your LLP? Save CCMark some legwork! I had 8 or 9 of them at one point for a specific and undisclosed task...your welcome GoldFive, but I have since forgot the names and passwords.

chbranch
10-31-2012, 12:46 PM
This thread kills me. Basically, CCM says "I'm having some people over, we'll hang out and grill some burgers" and SO MANY PEOPLE come back with "Sounds great! Thank you! You know what's be better? You could rent a floor at the hotel and get them to serve prime rib."

Thanks CCM, burgers sound great. I'll be there.

Couldn't agree more with ya.

negotiator
10-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Love the idea and thanks for putting it together CCM. No complaints or suggestions simply a THANK YOU !!!

Thanos
10-31-2012, 01:13 PM

Harry did you even read this part?

Harry Tuttle
10-31-2012, 01:30 PM
I did, and I went back and reread it after my post. I still think it's getting out of hand, don't you?

Thanos
10-31-2012, 01:31 PM
It always does,or it seems. However, sometimes good things come from crazy ideas.
Doesn't mean CCM is going to do it. Lol

ArthurWellsley
10-31-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the idea CCmark.

The thread is also very funny with the ideas that people come up with.

For images, I am forced to suggest a Winston Churchill figure in a hat holding a Thompson machine gun and smoking a cigar.

Or the Earl of Uxbridge on a horse - minus his leg of course (CF http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Paget,_1st_Marquess_of_Anglesey)

Crime City Mark
10-31-2012, 02:08 PM

That would be a bit of a recordkeeping nightmare. We have to label the fields so we know what game it's for, and then we'd just have to keep adding more and more fields as new players appeared who had x y z alt accounts.

Lt. Falcon
10-31-2012, 02:15 PM
That would be a bit of a recordkeeping nightmare. We have to label the fields so we know what game it's for, and then we'd just have to keep adding more and more fields as new players appeared who had x y z alt accounts.

Or they could create a seperate account for there LLP. I did this using Lt. Falcon for my HLP and Lift Ticket for my LLP and entered the invite codes for both user ID's

Scabbyfeet
10-31-2012, 02:19 PM
This is a great idea ! I haven't had a chance to read all the pages , but how will this work along side the current boss event ? Doing the missions will trigger unwanted bosses making it extremely hard to finish the boss event .

CCmark , did you get my pm ? :)

Xela
10-31-2012, 10:48 PM
Thnx CCM......I'm in!
Hello everyone....I'm new!

Harry Tuttle
10-31-2012, 11:32 PM
Welcome, new :) Keep your head down.... here come the bullets :)

Angel 2
11-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Great idea to add a bit of excitement back into things. Just look at the number and quality of responses in this thread! Thanks for putting yourself in the firing line CCM...

manbeast
11-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Why not just create a second forum profile associated with your LLP? Save CCMark some legwork! I had 8 or 9 of them at one point for a specific and undisclosed task...your welcome GoldFive, but I have since forgot the names and passwords.

i'm guessing it was to win a naming competition... did you win??

This is a great idea ! I haven't had a chance to read all the pages , but how will this work along side the current boss event ? Doing the missions will trigger unwanted bosses making it extremely hard to finish the boss event .

CCmark , did you get my pm ? :)

trigger a boss and then spend your energy. the most downtown you need between bosses is 2 hrs. just let your energy regenerate during that time.

Great idea to add a bit of excitement back into things. Just look at the number and quality of responses in this thread! Thanks for putting yourself in the firing line CCM...

yes very exciting. thanks again ccm

HunterHawk
11-01-2012, 07:27 AM
Participation Prize- Forum Freedom Fighter (Infantry) - 250/250
Top 10 - Forum Flight Hawk (Air) - 800/500
#1- Forum Frigate (Sea) or Forum Foxtrot (Ground) - 1500/1000 5% time reduction bonus on buildings.

Just my suggestion. Thought I would give it a shot.

albeezy
11-01-2012, 11:30 AM
i'm guessing it was to win a naming competition... did you win??
I can neither confirm nor deny that it was for the naming competition and no I did not win and have never won a naming competition!

Halo
11-01-2012, 01:45 PM
I think there should be a participation at 50/50 or 100/100
Then a prize for doin like 100 pvp and 100 Pve missions and the stats should be something like 100/100 or 250/250
Then you have a top 10: 599/599
And no.1 : 1000/1000

The names should be:
Forum fighter - Participation prize - Air
Forum extremist - 100 pvp and Pve missions - inf
Forum warrior - Top 10 - ground
Forum superior - Number 1 - Sea

Feel free to change the names or the type of unit. This is just my view!

Obama4Pres
11-01-2012, 03:10 PM
Nice one CCM. Made me create a forum profile

Mcdoc
11-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Any PVE Mission.

So to be even MORE clear:

1) since once I complete a "mission" - it disappears in my goal. So if I go back to a map I had already competed for the goal - will just killing ANY PVE target count towards this contest?

2) Also - when you say multi click equals one - I interpret that to mean If it takes 5 attacks to "kill" the PvE item that counts as one kill - but it's ok to farm that same single PvE item over and over and over again?

And

3) couldn't everyone just go back to map one & work their way through or is their any stipulation on which missions / levels count? Seriously - what's to stop someone from killing the insurgent leader from map one 6,000 times?

We appreciate your clarity on this.

Crime City Mark
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
So to be even MORE clear:

1) since once I complete a "mission" - it disappears in my goal. So if I go back to a map I had already competed for the goal - will just killing ANY PVE target count towards this contest?

2) Also - when you say multi click equals one - I interpret that to mean If it takes 5 attacks to "kill" the PvE item that counts as one kill - but it's ok to farm that same single PvE item over and over and over again?

And

3) couldn't everyone just go back to map one & work their way through or is their any stipulation on which missions / levels count? Seriously - what's to stop someone from killing the insurgent leader from map one 6,000 times?

We appreciate your clarity on this.

1) Any PVE target is fine.

2) Yes, that is correct.

3) Absolutely nothing stops them and I assume a lot of people will do that (incredibly boring) choice.

This event is primarily a test. Are you all interested in doing events like this? How many people end up participating? How far does word of mouth reach? How far do people deviate in their standard actions over the period of the event?

Remember, at the end of the day I need to prove that the things I do work, and that sometimes means running tests. I have bosses that I report to.

General Soviet
11-01-2012, 04:34 PM
There are going to be piles of dead Insurgent Leaders when the event is done. Haha, but it's a great idea for an event. Probably will attract some new people to the forums, too.

Mad
11-01-2012, 05:47 PM
1) Any PVE target is fine.

2) Yes, that is correct.

3) Absolutely nothing stops them and I assume a lot of people will do that (incredibly boring) choice.

This event is primarily a test. Are you all interested in doing events like this? How many people end up participating? How far does word of mouth reach? How far do people deviate in their standard actions over the period of the event?

Remember, at the end of the day I need to prove that the things I do work, and that sometimes means running tests. I have bosses that I report to.

How do we verify, that we have completed a goal. Will this be done automatically by MW or is there something we need to do?

Xela
11-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Welcome, new :) Keep your head down.... here come the bullets :)

Thnx Harry Tuttle...but have I done something wrong already?

Monteverdi
11-01-2012, 06:34 PM
Can somebody explain from where I would get an invite and wher I would have to enter it ?? I checked my profile page in the forum from my ipad and I just cannot figure it.
Thanks.

Ferr
11-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Some suggestions
- shut off the xp for this event
- make leaderboard
All relax, i wont participate
Yours

Gambit12
11-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Some suggestions
- make leaderboard
Yours

Why not? i know you will win again all the way as usual...

negotiator
11-01-2012, 07:19 PM
I have already passed on the word to a few people I know in game that are not forum members. I also Like Ferr's idea about suspending xp points as I am fast getting to the whale zone.

andy_xyz2004
11-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Some suggestions
- make leaderboard
Yours

+100.... 👍

Joe Brown1
11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
Very cool CCM! All signed up. thanks for supporting the forum like this:)

Krondor
11-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks CCM!

Angel 2
11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Can somebody explain from where I would get an invite and wher I would have to enter it ?? I checked my profile page in the forum from my ipad and I just cannot figure it.
Thanks.

Select the Allies option from any of the game menus - your alliance ID should then show at the top of the screen

MSH
11-01-2012, 10:54 PM
Have missed the right post somehow, but were/how could I sign up for the event?

Paddy89
11-02-2012, 03:29 AM
Im all in for the contest to get a free unit - but I'm camping big time & this will kill me with the XP :/

Harry Tuttle
11-02-2012, 04:02 AM
Thnx Harry Tuttle...but have I done something wrong already?
Nah, not in this thread anyway :) You're good. Welcome to the forum :D

atretes1
11-02-2012, 06:03 AM
I am guessing that this event has started?

Gambit12
11-02-2012, 06:11 AM
I am guessing that this event has started?

it will start this evening at 5 pm pacific standard time zone...

Force10JC
11-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Have missed the right post somehow, but were/how could I sign up for the event?See the OP by CCM. You just need to enter your MW code into your forum profile as instructed in the first post of this thread. Then it is automatic once you participate.

MSH
11-02-2012, 06:38 AM
Thanks! Will do.

albeezy
11-02-2012, 07:23 AM
So I have seen a few posts with times when this thing is going to start, but none of them are from CCMark. Where are you guys getting the start time from?

Thanos
11-02-2012, 07:28 AM

Here ya go Post #81

jay_usher
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
so what are the winning units to be given and the brackets that they will be given out?

Thanos
11-02-2012, 08:01 AM
so what are the winning units to be given and the brackets that they will be given out?

To be announced later when the event starts I bet. He's waiting for the units to be ready then he will put up an event thread.

jay_usher
11-02-2012, 08:04 AM
To be announced later when the event starts I bet. He's waiting for the units to be ready then he will put up an event thread.
thanks thanos

albeezy
11-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Thanks THANOS!

Thanos
11-02-2012, 08:12 AM
No prob guys! I really hope it runs smoothly for the first forum event. That way they really want to do more of them.
CCM we are countin on ya buddy. Lets rock this event!

I think I will post something on my wall about the forum event in case visitors or my revengers come by and know where to come scream at me.... Hahahahahah
I know it's PVE so revenges would just be my regulars on this one.

This is what I put on my wall to help promote.

There is a Forum Event PVE for those interested!
Starts Fri. 5pm PST / Ends Mon. 5pm PST
Join the forum to participate!
Hope to see you there!

Ferr
11-02-2012, 08:40 AM
Why not? i know you will win again all the way as usual...
I think the nice part of this event is that it is not just gold. It is in fact more about dedication to the game by spending hours and hours to complete missions. You can not really buy your way out of it. Even though energy can be bought, the real competition will be on map 1 where the energy amount is low and time spending is more important than gold spending. Further, out of solidarity to the free players, i will refrain from competing. However, demand a leaderboard. without it the event would be a shady gree event again. Good luck to you all
Yours

chbranch
11-02-2012, 08:45 AM
That's a good idea to advertise on your wall. Good call. If it was a PvP, the wall idea would be classic to post on people you robbed or beat up.

jay_usher
11-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I think the nice part of this event is that it is not just gold. It is in fact more about dedication to the game by spending hours and hours to complete missions. You can not really buy your way out of it. Even though energy can be bought, the real competition will be on map 1 where the energy amount is low and time spending is more important than gold spending. Further, out of solidarity to the free players, i will refrain from competing. However, demand a leaderboard. without it the event would be a shady gree event again. Good luck to you all
Yours
of course u can buy this.. energy only regenerates so quickly... so u can have a full bar use it all and have to wait.. so who ever has the regeneration units who spent money already are better off and they will also spend more gold on the energy reboost.. guess what it really comes to is who is willing to lvl up because of it..
choices choices

Ferr
11-02-2012, 09:47 AM
of course u can buy this.. energy only regenerates so quickly... so u can have a full bar use it all and have to wait.. so who ever has the regeneration units who spent money already are better off and they will also spend more gold on the energy reboost.. guess what it really comes to is who is willing to lvl up because of it..
choices choices
To some extend you are right but its far far less than the auction spending. Anyways, i wont compete and ask the big spenders to do the same

Thanos
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
That's a good idea to advertise on your wall. Good call. If it was a PvP, the wall idea would be classic to post on people you robbed or beat up. Hahahaha I'm dying laughing at that one! I could see it now- "I just beat u down, now come hangout in the forum with us!"Lmaoooooo!

albeezy
11-02-2012, 09:51 AM
To some extend you are right but its far far less than the auction spending. Anyways, i wont compete and ask the big spenders to do the same
make sure you do at least one PVE mission to get the participation prize for your collection! Enjoy your weekend FERR!