PDA

View Full Version : Scratchers will kill the game

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 11:41 AM
I've just spent the last 5 days glued to my Ipad and I finally managed to finish within the top 250 finalists of the shipping crates event.
This morning I wake up and discover that scratchers are now available in MW. So, I've decided to take a look to the scratchers payout table and discovered that some prizes are ridiculous.

Took a look to the Forum and discovered that the prizes are the same for every players (regardless of their level).

This doesn't make sense at all and it's unfair. From now on any lucky player can win a prize that would take months to other players to match/save. A lucky LLP can become a god within a second and then use his prize to crush is opponents.

While some prizes are obviously too big for LLP, some prizes are not significant for HLP.

GREE, if you want to keep these scratchers in the game that's fine but make sure to be fair! The prizes should depend on your level (as they are in the boss events).

I'm very disappointed. My brand new Hawker Attack Chopper now looks like a toy. You are killing the game!

EnjoyLife
10-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Isn't the price 30 gold per ticket, with a free ticket daily?

Jhenry02
10-29-2012, 11:56 AM
Insert the word prize instead of price to understand fully.

General Soviet
10-29-2012, 11:56 AM
I've just spent the last 5 days glued to my Ipad and I finally managed to finish within the top 250 finalists of the shipping crates event.
This morning I wake up and discover that scratchers are now available in MW. So, I've decided to take a look to the scratchers payout table and discovered that some prices are ridiculous.

Took a look to the Forum and discovered that the prices are the same for every players (regardless of their level).

This doesn't make sense at all and it's unfair. From now on any lucky player can win a price that would take months to other players to match/save. A lucky LLP can become a god within a second and then use his price to crush is opponents.

While some prices are obviously too big for LLP, some prices are not significant for HLP.

GREE, if you want to keep these scratchers in the game that's fine but make sure to be fair! The prices should depend on your level (as they are in the boss events).

I'm very disappointed. My brand new Hawker Attack Chopper now looks like a toy. You are killing the game!
Yeah, maybe making unit stats and cash bonuses lower for LLPs. Then again, the chances of getting 5 or 6 matches isn't too high. I've only seen a few forum members saying they have gotten 5 matches. Also, 1 billion cash is a lot, maybe too much. You could amass a powerful army quickly and beat out the other LLPs.

asdfg12345
10-29-2012, 11:57 AM
yea and the chance of winning the top prize is next to impossible.

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 12:01 PM
Insert the word prize instead of price to understand fully.Thanks Jhenry02 !

Jhenry02
10-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I got your back Vador...

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 12:43 PM
I got your back Vador...

Always nice to have a senior member watching over you!

BigD@wg
10-29-2012, 01:01 PM
@cvader -

I agree with some of your points but the match 5 and 6 are very rare. No one will acquire enough them to become a "god" (except hackers). The 1 billion cash could make an LLP very untouchable in the low levels. Ive been playing CC daily for months and haven't gotten a 5 or 6 match yet. I think it will be ok. Hey it's free stuff for a change :)

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-29-2012, 01:03 PM
I agree that scratcher's should absolutely be tiered to level just as everything else is...

P.S. Gree - They should be on every device as well.

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 01:11 PM
@cvader -

I agree with some of your points but the match 5 and 6 are very rare. No one will acquire enough them to become a "god" (except hackers). The 1 billion cash could make an LLP very untouchable in the low levels. Ive been playing CC daily for months and haven't gotten a 5 or 6 match yet. I think it will be ok. Hey it's free stuff for a change :)
Sorry but take a look to the thread entitled Scratchers and you will see that in 3 days some players had 5/6 matches. Also, if it's so rare to get a good match that makes the advantage even greater. No that's not fair.
Prizes should go to the real player not the loto winners.

BigD@wg
10-29-2012, 01:28 PM
Sorry but take a look to the thread entitled Scratchers and you will see that in 3 days some players had 5/6 matches. Also, if it's so rare to get a good match that makes the advantage even greater. No that's not fair.

I understand your point. I feel that some of this "luck" with the first few days of scratchers is deliberate.....to entice spending gold for additional scratchers. I don't know. Just my opinion.

General Soviet
10-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Exactly. People who have been playing for a week shouldn't win better stuff then players who have been on for months. It's just like the boss events before they were nerfed for levels 100+.

Thief
10-29-2012, 01:33 PM

This was my exact Concern. I don't mind the Scratchers (although i don't think they add much to the game other than trying to help balance the Free/Gold Players but you have to make it Tiered. In Fact don't even offer the Scratchers until level 50? 75? 100? Give an incentive for players to level instead of Camp. I understand that we all like to get free items but esentially all of the commons "3 pairs or less" won't make it into my army anyways. While i think it would be nice if a player was level 100 and realized that he leveled too quickly this would allow him to potentially stay in the game?

Fl@sh
10-29-2012, 01:41 PM
I totally disagree. I don't believe in tiered prizes. Think of it this way: everyone that keeps playing will eventually top out at level 200. Some players it takes 1 month, some players it takes 1 year. Now, if I win a prize at level 149 and a player level 150 wins the same prize but with 25% better stats, it puts me at a disadvantage when I reach the next tier of prizes(could only be a handful of xp points). I could have been playing the game months longer than the other player, yet they have an advantage just because they advanced quicker than I did. If someone is lucky enough to win multiple match 5 or 6 prizes, then I will invite them on my next trip to Monaco.

albeezy
10-29-2012, 01:44 PM
I totally disagree. I don't believe in tiered prizes. Think of it this way: everyone that keeps playing will eventually top out at level 200. Some players it takes 1 month, some players it takes 1 year. Now, if I win a prize at level 149 and a player level 150 wins the same prize but with 25% better stats, it puts me at a disadvantage when I reach the next tier of prizes(could only be a handful of xp points). I could have been playing the game months longer than the other player, yet they have an advantage just because they advanced quicker than I did. If someone is lucky enough to win multiple match 5 or 6 prizes, then I will invite them on my next trip to Monaco.

Invitation accepted...now to just match 5 or 6 items multiple times!

Ramshutu
10-29-2012, 01:50 PM
If the broken casualty rates that mean its impossible to employ a PvP centric playstyle as a free, or small gold player, this isn't going to even touch the sides.

Realistically, it is just going to raise the bottom line stats, it is not really going to change the relative power of anyone more than a tiny percentage. It's not going to make a free player competitive with a gold player.

Dr. Dengus
10-29-2012, 01:54 PM
For those of you wondering, here are the odds for each of the possibilities.

6 of a kind: 0.0129% ( 6 out of 46,656)
5 of a kind: 0.3858% ( 180 out of 46,656)
4 of a kind: 4.8225% ( 2,250 out of 46,656)
3 of a kind: 31.5072% (14,700 out of 46,656)
2 of a kind: 61.7284% (28,800 out of 46,656)
1 of a kind: 1.5432% ( 720 out of 46,656)

As you can see, 93% of the time you will only get a 2 or 3 of a kind prize. Scratchers will, on average, benefit the lower level players more than those at a higher level. But that's also understandable from business perspective, because it helps GREE give an incentive to newer players to stick around. The people who have already matched 4+ will be hard-pressed to see those results again anytime soon. Gaining a 15/15 unit or 250 valor everyday, with the occasional lucky prize, isn't going to ruin the game. Crime City has had scratchers for a couple months now, and the only downside is that it gives cheaters new prizes to hack. But their lifespan is short-lived, as they are easily and quickly reported then banned.

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 01:58 PM

I do respect your opinion but doesn't agree. Every player decides if they want to advance quickly or not. Actually it's a choice the player makes. It can be a dangerous choice too. If someone is ready to enter the whales zone with a A/D score of 5k/5k I'm not too sure that he will be advantaged (even if he gets a 6/6 match)

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 02:09 PM
As you can see, 93% of the time you will only get a 2 or 3 of a kind prize. Scratchers will, on average, benefit the lower level players more than those at a higher level. But that's also understandable from business perspective, because it helps GREE give an incentive to newer players to stick around. The people who have already matched 4+ will be hard-pressed to see those results again anytime soon. Gaining a 15/15 unit or 250 valor everyday, with the occasional lucky prize, isn't going to ruin the game. Crime City has had scratchers for a couple months now, and the only downside is that it gives cheaters new prizes to hack. But their lifespan is short-lived, as they are easily and quickly reported then banned.
If Gree is looking for incentive, why don't they give prizes to the players that play X consecutive days or anything else. A lucky LLP that wins a strong unit will find pretty boring the following level since he will have to pile up weak troops for weeks. I remember how happy I was when I've managed to obtain my first indestructible unit (a 13/3 sub) in a crate event. Same yesterday when I've finished in the top 250. You have to deserved your stuff. That's what teach my kids!

Guderian40
10-29-2012, 02:41 PM
As you can see, 93% of the time you will only get a 2 or 3 of a kind prize. Gaining a 15/15 unit or 250 valor everyday, with the occasional lucky prize, isn't going to ruin the game.

Dengus, I agree. I think it is a nice small feature, it won't influence the balance much though. In average, a player needs about 30 years to get a 6... if he playes every day...

It favours the non- and light-gold players a bit, most of the received units you can only use for a few levels. Yes, the prizes should depend on your levels or tiers, of course. But nothing serious.

It's a small step to help balance the game a bit and market the game for new players. It will definitely not solve the three main issues of the game:
- the question of balance (time, money, camping, units etc.)
- the question of long-time motivation ("strategic" "war" game instead of just adding and comparing two simple figures for attack and defense and becoming a virtual picure collector, sorry have forgotten the crazy boosts which single units bring to the hole game)
- the question of social interacting (compare some other apps) - but the forum makes up for at least that point... :cool:

bigflan
10-29-2012, 03:02 PM
Just for lols I was level 2 and I won the 10 mil prize and I still have it

Arizona
10-29-2012, 03:06 PM
Scratchers.
It's a lottery. Designed to give you prizes based on luck, nothing else. So long as you look at it that way, there's nothing to be upset about. It's just a bit of fun to get people to play on. A good biz idea I'd say.

So what if a LLP wins big. It's going to encourage them to stay in the game, perhaps even buy more tickets. There is nothing stopping anyone buying more.

I really don't care that some other player might gain a powerful unit. I have to play my game and do the best I can and not be bothered by someone elses luck.

This isn't a game changer. There's so many different strategies to follow that this isn't going to make a bit of difference in the long run to anyones opponent.

If you think about how many people in the world are playing MW; the better players are probably already forum members, that leaves tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands out there that haven't a clue about strategy. If they win a big prize, it's not the end of the world for us.

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 03:09 PM
Just for lols I was level 2 and I won the 10 mil prize and I still have it

That's because everyone fear you man!

bigflan
10-29-2012, 03:11 PM
That's because everyone fear you man!

If you want it come get it

I'm getting a b 52 army and it's lols

Don't diss scratchers its a way to get overpowered at lower levels without tapping anything

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Scratchers.
It's a lottery. Designed to give you prizes based on luck, nothing else. So long as you look at it that way, there's nothing to be upset about. It's just a bit of fun to get people to play on. A good biz idea I'd say.

So what if a LLP wins big. It's going to encourage them to stay in the game, perhaps even buy more tickets. There is nothing stopping anyone buying more.

I really don't care that some other player might gain a powerful unit. I have to play my game and do the best I can and not be bothered by someone elses luck.

This isn't a game changer. There's so many different strategies to follow that this isn't going to make a bit of difference in the long run to anyones opponent.

If you think about how many people in the world are playing MW; the better players are probably already forum members, that leaves tens of thousands, maybe hundreds of thousands out there that haven't a clue about strategy. If they win a big prize, it's not the end of the world for us.
Ok you see that has an incentive for LLP. What about a LLP that's pilling up money for days that get attacked by another LLP loto winner. Do you realy think he will not quit the game. Just take a look to KA where weak players get crushed in the lower level because everyone do camping. Have you seen how many dead account there is?

Ryans67
10-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I hit 5/6 on KA today, for $250,000. I was almost excited, until I remembered its KA, which is just a filler game for me. I was able to buy the highest money building, but it definately didn't change the game at all.

And to answer your question, I have yet to quit the game when I lost a battle. In fact, I don't even respond because I don't want someone to have a shortcut to my base. The scratchers could help a low level camper, but so could a couple vaults of gold. Weaker players just have to deal with it, but atleast now they have a shot as a free player to even the odds a bit.

Thief
10-29-2012, 03:39 PM

While i respect your opinion Flash i Disagree. I'm a Mid level (Free) player and i calculate the risk component that while i can get higher stat units if i'm higher level i can also choose to simply play at the lower level. Come January I will have played this game for 1 year and i will probably be level 70 by that time (As right now i'm only leveling on average 1 per month because i have no incentive to level more outside of participating in the boss battles. If i level up my character i will get stronger units in the tier 75 but i'll be able to beat less bosses in the long run. It's my choice to level at this rate currently (and it will change sometime in the future) but i want to see incentives to level not MORE incentives to stay the same level

Scratchers.

It certainly doesn't impact my personal Game to be honest however i do believe it can make a LLP if you are awarded 5/6 item which could hurt other LLP's. But as i've mentioned i really want their to be actual incentives in this game for leveling and this is going in the opposite direction i think.

FromAfar
10-29-2012, 03:48 PM
imho, i don't think it will skew the game any more then a 10 item event.

someone may get a good or very good unit. at certain levels, this will or could make someone a pretty hard person to beat, but as the person rises in level/allies/rank the benefits of a small number of units would be averaged out.

my V-LLP got a big prize on the auction event. it makes me pretty tough at that level (below 25), but as i advance, the 90/90 (appx) stats of one unit will be absorbed as it was in my other higher level games.

so, will it be a game changer / ruiner, in the long run, i dont think so.

then again... i could be mistaken.

Arizona
10-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Ok you see that has an incentive for LLP. What about a LLP that's pilling up money for days that get attacked by another LLP loto winner. Do you realy think he will not quit the game. Just take a look to KA where weak players get crushed in the lower level because everyone do camping. Have you seen how many dead account there is?
That's a possibility, unfortunate for the player stockpiling $$$ over vault. The game does give every player an opportunity to play the game to the best of their ability and using many different methods. It's up to the player to choose how to play. You can always buy more scratchers. It's not dissimilar to using gold to open a box. You're doing something to increase your chances of getting a better prize.
It's up to the individual to prepare themselves for those sh!tty days when a scratcher comes along and does their best to do a number on you. Also if a player gives up the game because of a bad beating, then I wonder how long they would last further up the levels.
Finally, what's to stop a gold player from decimating the lower levels. I have a LLP that isn't doing too bad, but I'm still aware a gold bug can come along and beat me up. It's just one of those things. Yeah it's a bit of luck but it's also fun:cool:

Commander Vador
10-29-2012, 04:01 PM
There is only real incentive...Gold. Once you've feel its power....
If Gree would give an increasing amount of gold each time a player level up it would solved many problems. Think of it for a minute. There would be less campers, a real incentive for every player (regardless of their level) and a strategic challenge (should I invest my gold on buildings, weak or powerfull units?)

chbranch
10-29-2012, 04:18 PM
I think the scratchers are a great idea for MW as they have been for CC. It will not create a game imbalance no more than a gold spender creates a game imbalance. Its a free prize for ALL to win, nothing wrong with that. We should be happy for new content if you are a active player. Android players should be the only players upset as THAT and the boss events gives IOS players a game advantage. Having a tiered scratcher is like having a tiered state lottery where only the rich get the 50 million prize and out-of-work guy gets $50. Last time I checked, the factory worker who won a 200 million lottery prize didn't create a world imbalance.

Fl@sh
10-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Why tier one thing but not the other? Imagine the available cash units being tiered, your B-52 bombers only providing 20 attack. Imagine the cash buildings being tiered, your level 1 Nano only providing $100,000 every 12 hours. It is an even playing field for ALL levels, unlike the boss events in the past.

vaporeon
10-29-2012, 04:28 PM
I agree that scratcher's should absolutely be tiered to level just as everything else is...

P.S. Gree - They should be on every device as well.

I second that.

Blackstone
10-29-2012, 04:44 PM
I think I saw one guy one time post a top prize win. Usually you will get a 2,3 or sometimes 4 prize. 5 and 6 matches are near impossible as others have stated.

asdfg12345
10-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I think I saw one guy one time post a top prize win. Usually you will get a 2,3 or sometimes 4 prize. 5 and 6 matches are near impossible as others have stated.
So far i got one 5 match prize in KA. 4 match is pretty common though and the rewards are pretty good for that.

jeffrey
10-29-2012, 07:14 PM
This morning I wake up and discover that scratchers are now available in MW. So, I've decided to take a look to the scratchers payout table and discovered that some prizes are ridiculous.

Took a look to the Forum and discovered that the prizes are the same for every players (regardless of their level).

This doesn't make sense at all and it's unfair. From now on any lucky player can win a prize that would take months to other players to match/save. A lucky LLP can become a god within a second and then use his prize to crush is opponents.

While some prizes are obviously too big for LLP, some prizes are not significant for HLP.

GREE, if you want to keep these scratchers in the game that's fine but make sure to be fair! The prizes should depend on your level (as they are in the boss events).

Oh, c'mon, Vador, the daily scratcher is leveling the play field for all players. We need this to remotely stand a chance again the pirates or whales. The odd of winning the top unit is not that great anyway, and the units are destructible.

c'mon, let it rest, or Gree will nerf it soon.

People, let this thread die and sink to the bottom quick, don't chime in here again. :mad:

Xzmd
10-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Oh, c'mon, Vador, the daily scratcher is leveling the play field for all players. We need this to remotely stand a chance again the pirates or whales. The odd of winning the top unit is not that great anyway, and the units are destructible.

c'mon, let it rest, or Gree will nerf it soon.

People, let this thread die and sink to the bottom quick, don't chime in here again. :mad:

They are indestructible units.

Thief
10-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Why tier one thing but not the other? Imagine the available cash units being tiered, your B-52 bombers only providing 20 attack. Imagine the cash buildings being tiered, your level 1 Nano only providing $100,000 every 12 hours. It is an even playing field for ALL levels, unlike the boss events in the past.

Sorry Flash but i see that as comparing Apples and Oranges...but i think the majority side with you.

Boss Event is Already Tiered Except for the Last Item, 10-Crate Event Same story, I assume the same is true for Auction.

The Bombers Die. Therefore i don't see them falling under the same category. I can only go so long before it dying or being replaced anyways by a better unit. This is a mechanic of the game that balances.

Cash Buildings are a little Different as a level 25 player can't buy a Nano anyways so by default they are already Tiered. Obviously this maxes at 60 (and while they should have released more buildings to bring the new requirements to 100 that is another story) Regardless Comparing a 60 vs 200 then perhaps they should? The level 60 has an easier chance of saving the money to get to that point (but then you would have to make the argument that they would then be cheaper which we are greatly changing the mechanics of the game now)

Finally Boss Events are still Tiered and make my argument they just have made it easier for higher level players to make it further in defeating the bosses (which i'm in favor of) not in favor of making the bosses equal strenth for level 1 and 200 though as it wouldn't be realistic

Anyways probably one of the more intellectual debates i've had on the forums thanks!

Fun
10-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I was on the lucky side of this in cc I was a level 9 with 10m cash, it has made my income solid and have earned and spent over 30m approx so it's a real game changer, so if it happens to you well done, if not keep trying

WhoAmI
10-30-2012, 04:16 PM
no scratcher for android yet

manbeast
10-30-2012, 04:22 PM
i love scratchers. agree they are a game changer for someone in the really low levels.

my solution-

only players over lvl 100 get scratchers.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-30-2012, 04:30 PM
If no one spent money on scratchers, I bet they'd be gone.

If it doesn't make money, they'd kill it, as if it were a fuzzy bunny.

Arizona
10-30-2012, 04:53 PM
i love scratchers. agree they are a game changer for someone in the really low levels.

my solution-

only players over lvl 100 get scratchers.
Love scratchers, but nah I disagree MB bout the LLP's.
I don't think they game change for LLP's. Someone who don't know how to play MW with any strategy will get a short term bonus from a decent unit, but they'll eventually get beaten out by smarter players.
A smarter player will already be building a good income with good units. A good scratch is just a helping hand.
They might also encourage new players to stick with the game or purchase gold, but I don't see a big change. Very few LLP's will get a great unit, and only a few of those will recognise what a prize they have.
All good clean fun though. First thing I do every morning is have a scratch...LOL:rolleyes:

toby2b2
12-19-2012, 10:49 AM
The odds are higher than you think to get 5 of 6 on the scratchers. I have done it 3 times in the past month!

Lou Sir
12-19-2012, 10:53 AM
:confused:Scratch my head :confused:
@ Toby, would you share your luck :o

Thief
12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
The odds are higher than you think to get 5 of 6 on the scratchers. I have done it 3 times in the past month!

I've not gotten more than 3 (and only a couple of that) since the start of Scratchers on MW. I just don't have much luck with that. Would love to match a 5/6 or 6/6 though.

andy_xyz2004
12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
I want Massacre Gunner or 1 billion
I see someone got 1 billion, and he's still at level 12, WTH....

BigBassTurd
12-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Dude campers ruin the game more then anything, plus it's boring.How fun would the game be if everybody did it, just look at KA(as mentioned before). The scratchers are cool because it is an extra little perk to play the game everyday. The best I got so far is $10mil on MW thats how I got my first Nano.

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 05:36 PM
Lol. Someone leveled too fast and got all beaten up. Sad face. Campers don't ruin the game, we make it more interesting. If they properly incentivized levelling, there wouldn't be campers. Instead, there's nothing but punishment up there from people with more money than sense.

Idea for a game: don't give access to the best buildings at less than a third of maximum level, hmm? Silly game designers.

BigBassTurd
12-19-2012, 06:15 PM
Lol. Someone leveled too fast and got all beaten up. Sad face. Campers don't ruin the game, we make it more interesting. If they properly incentivized levelling, there wouldn't be campers. Instead, there's nothing but punishment up there from people with more money than sense.
Nope I rarely get attacked/raided maybe once a week and 99% time I win. I was just wondering how campers make the game interesring? Campers are like the kid at school that only picked on kids littler then him because he knew he would get his arse whooped if he tried to scrap with the big boys:) More or less a bully with little man complex who picks on the weak. Level 108 A:54k D:46K Not high at all, but not scared to take an ass whoopin either!

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Lol. You vote blue don't you. Want everything to be "fair" no matter how much time and money someone has poured into it.

If someone is "littler" than me it's because they spent less time and effort developing their base. Not because genetics said you grew 2 more inches in height and 20 more pounds than me this year.

I suspect the main reason don't get attacked is because you have nothing worth taking. For those of us that do, I see no reason to donate it to someone that spent some bucks.

BigBassTurd
12-19-2012, 07:10 PM
Lol. You vote blue don't you. Want everything to be "fair" no matter how much time and money someone has poured into it.

If someone is "littler" than me it's because they spent less time and effort developing their base. Not because genetics said you grew 2 more inches in height and 20 more pounds than me this year.

I suspect the main reason don't get attacked is because you have nothing worth taking. For those of us that do, I see no reason to donate it to someone that spent some bucks.
Yep real high money building get you attacked so you might as well stay down low forever. And liberals are ruining this country, if they want to help everyone let them donate from their own pocket not the country's. You can keep your change! I'll keep my Dollars! Sorry this got off topic fast.

Dutchie
12-20-2012, 01:29 AM
If I get another Military Patrol Ship, I will scream until I faint!

I really cannot see scratchers killing the game even if the odd lucky LLP gets a bingo. Of course they will get a boost but I seriously doubt it has that much of an effect to kill off the game.

Kiss Of Death
12-20-2012, 02:17 AM

Serious? Never mind that most of the time your $3 per scratch will get you cash thats free anyway, Honor thats free anyway, and units that are indestructible that are lower than your cash and honor units so never get used anyway... you play for the GAMBLE of getting that insane rare prize and if your damn lucky you get it for free as can anyone else. If you want to spend hundreds of gold vying for an item you're no smarter than those using scratchies and paying for them. No guarantees for any of you. So choose... a random chance at a tiny % of getting something powerful, or lots of gold spent opening boxes for a random small chance of getting the parts... me, I'll take my free crappy scratchy and I'll open box events in hopes of getting a few free indestructibles... but cash... I'll spend my gold on boss events where I know the exact odds of getting what I want, I'll spend it on bulk tripple crates as well.... they are not level based so are they unfair for LLP? or LE's sets... lets not let LLP buy LE's becuase that would be unfair...

Seriously ??

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 03:15 AM
If I get another Military Patrol Ship, I will scream until I faint!

I really cannot see scratchers killing the game even if the odd lucky LLP gets a bingo. Of course they will get a boost but I seriously doubt it has that much of an effect to kill off the game.

Lol...a little frustrated are we?

Funny, I've never paid much attention to scratchers. I open my free one every day, look at the unit, and keep it moving. Never even occurred to me to spend gold to open another one. Just never thought it was worth it. I know the chances of me getting the top prize of the day are nil, so I just concentrate on what I can control (at least to an extent in a game like this)

Dutchie
12-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Lol...a little frustrated are we?

Funny, I've never paid much attention to scratchers. I open my free one every day, look at the unit, and keep it moving. Never even occurred to me to spend gold to open another one. Just never thought it was worth it. I know the chances of me getting the top prize of the day are nil, so I just concentrate on what I can control (at least to an extent in a game like this)

I have never spent and will never spend gold on the scratchers. Every morning I am like a kid at Xmas hoping that Santa brought me my dream present only to receive the same pair of bloody socks. :)

I got 4 out of 6 on CC this morning and got a nice gun but all I seem to get is these bloody Military Patrol ships in MW. I did get one nice unit, the Hardened Mauler when I first started playing MW but it has been a disappointment since, but then again, it is to be expected. I just wish they would change the crappy units around once in a while. Oh well, here is to hoping!

I still get a micro buzz even after 6 months on CC prior to opening... a case of little things please little minds ;)

Ho ho ho... Merry (hic) Xmas!

dads
12-20-2012, 04:05 AM
At level 40( wheni first got them) all the way up I've not had one scratcher that's made any odds to my army
As for five & six i would be amazed if I ever got one.
I think that table does not repesent what you actally get from a scratcher.
Not for me anyway a 12/14 unit is my norm that's no game changer for me.
As for cash the highest I ever got was 1m & that's when I was high enough for it to be pocket change.
I need more luck if others are getting 3 six scratchers,witch I don't think must be many.
Mabye to morrow my luck will change after posting here.

aether100
12-20-2012, 05:58 AM
1 I think scratchers are a good balance for the free players . They give the free player a chance to get some nice prizes without spending $
2 They are fun and add to the game experience
3. I don't see how scratches can make people decide to leave the game or destroy the game . I see them more as a nice extra that adds to the playing experience that keeps people playing. Its Christmas every morning for me
4 are real life scratchers fair? hell no; these are not either

Force10JC
12-20-2012, 06:56 AM
I think if you start to view some of these things like a business instead of from your own personal point-of-view as a player, you won't get so annoyed about it. You can make an issue about almost any aspect of the way this game is played depending on your personal experience with it. I find it best for myself not to dwell on such things or the game won't be fun anymore.