PDA

View Full Version : Why am I always 3 behind Top 250?

TZora
10-27-2012, 07:27 AM
this has been talked about earlier but the strange thing is that i'm "always" 3 or 4 behind the top 250. and as soon as i get a couple of boxes and get closer to the top 250, there goes "sorry try again" over and again?

Dipstik
10-27-2012, 07:28 AM
Because you're a lot luckier than I am

TZora
10-27-2012, 07:34 AM
i would be luckier if i ever get into the top 250 without spending gold lol

mxz
10-27-2012, 07:39 AM
i would be luckier if i ever get into the top 250 without spending gold lolSince the last iOS update this has become pretty much impossible.

Dipstik
10-27-2012, 07:42 AM
what does the ios update have to do with the game?

TZora
10-27-2012, 08:20 AM
same question. i don't think this has anything to do with any kind of update. its all in the hands of "u know who" ..

Beardy
10-27-2012, 11:54 AM
i would be luckier if i ever get into the top 250 without spending gold lol

Do you really expect that you deserve a place in the top 250 for free?

Think of the amount of people playing this game..

TZora
10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
i don't expect to be in the top 250 for free. but what i'm bothered about is the "always" being 3 or 4 behind. why not 10 to be in the top 250? why not 20 to be in the top 250? why the game "adjust" my game play so much that when i fall a little behind, all of a sudden i gain 2 or 3 and then again become 3 or 4 behind?

i'm bothered about "someone controlling" my gameplay to "push me" to buy gold... getting my point?

PawnXIIX
10-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm still on one :/

Kissnight
10-28-2012, 04:00 AM
i don't expect to be in the top 250 for free. but what i'm bothered about is the "always" being 3 or 4 behind. why not 10 to be in the top 250? why not 20 to be in the top 250? why the game "adjust" my game play so much that when i fall a little behind, all of a sudden i gain 2 or 3 and then again become 3 or 4 behind?

i'm bothered about "someone controlling" my gameplay to "push me" to buy gold... getting my point?

Which makes no difference as I see.
Coz the funniest part of auction event is always in the end.
Leader board frozen time.

TZora
10-28-2012, 04:21 AM
you are getting my point but for some reason don't wish to acknowledge it .. whatever happens in the end of the event is a different story altogether. i'm talking about the first few days when "very few people" are buying gold to be in the top 25 or top 250.

now please don't say that people buy gold right on the first day because thats when u have the chance to win maximum. i know those facts.

all i'm saying is that the gameplay does not feel normal because it looks like it is "controlled" at the backend ..

Coldjoey
10-28-2012, 12:30 PM
I think you have misunderstood, you are 2 or 3 boxes from the top 250. Say you need 8 for top 250 and you have 6, then you have bad luck (sorry try again blah blah) well those above you also have bad luck. It changes on the last day because those that THINK they are in with a chance start opening gold. Even if you finish top 250 who proberly, Won't win as its the first payers to reach the cut off figure ho get the prize. I E, if 222 players finish on 27 and above, and if you have 26 and so do 300 others only the 28 players that got 26 first will win.
If you think this makes no sence, I'm sorry but at least it's an attempt to explain. Which is more than can be said for GREE
BITTER, WHO ME. NO SIR (NOT MUCH)

Lonestoner
10-28-2012, 03:21 PM
all i'm saying is that the gameplay does not feel normal because it looks like it is "controlled" at the backend ..

It does seem like they drop in "packs" sometimes to me as well. My roommate gets one, I get one.. He fails, I fail.

Almost seems like the percentages go up at certain hours of the day or something.. Maybe certain minutes on the hour..

Some of the patterns just seem too constant to be coincidence.. Weird.

TZora
10-28-2012, 08:07 PM
I think you have misunderstood, you are 2 or 3 boxes from the top 250. Say you need 8 for top 250 and you have 6, then you have bad luck (sorry try again blah blah) well those above you also have bad luck. It changes on the last day because those that THINK they are in with a chance start opening gold. Even if you finish top 250 who proberly, Won't win as its the first payers to reach the cut off figure ho get the prize. I E, if 222 players finish on 27 and above, and if you have 26 and so do 300 others only the 28 players that got 26 first will win.
If you think this makes no sence, I'm sorry but at least it's an attempt to explain. Which is more than can be said for GREE
BITTER, WHO ME. NO SIR (NOT MUCH)
thanks for explaining joey, i understand what you are saying about players being in the top 250. i understand that there may be more than one player on one rank for the top 250. however, my point is different. ok, i will say it out openly whether gree kicks my butt for that lol.

each time i play these events (top 25/top 250), i begin opening the stuff and my screen says, you need 3 more to get into the top 250. as i open the boxes each hour, my gameplay is so controlled that i'm always 3 or 4 behind the last guys (i said "players" at the 250th spot).

here's what i'm trying to say. someone is like controlling the game from the backend for "masses" and makes you feel like you are just a little behind from "entering" (not winning) the top 250 winners. "BUY a little gold and get into the top 250"

Winning is a whole different thing. i'm talking about what the game makes you feel. it makes me feel that i need to apply just a little effort and win something cool and that little effort is spending money on GOLD.

this game is all about earning from the rich and pushing the "not so rich" to shell out some money. the rich will hardly hesitate in throwing money. but they want to push/lure the "not so rich" to shell out money as well.

all i'm trying to say is that the game "pushes" me to spend money during the events by keeping me a "certain" number behind the top 250. the top 250 spot is almost always 3 or 4 pumpkins away. whether i win or not, is a whole different story. i'm talking about the gameplay: how it handles a player to lure, push, etc.

lol not sure if i've done a good job at explaining, but i tried ...

Ganja
10-28-2012, 08:24 PM
While I don't agree with what you are implying I do know what you feel...

Just imagine there are hundreds of players out there competing in the top 250. Many of these players (free or gold) probably has the same number of items you have and I am not even thinking of 5 or 10 - I am talking about 20 to 50 players having the same numbers of items you have.

Each time you make a successful open another 2 or 3 players probably had successfully opened 3 or 4, while those on the top 250 had made 1 or 2 pushing the bar much higher... now those below had again fallen behind by at least 1 and the pool of people you are competing with (owning the same items) are probably getting bigger... that's why it feels like your always behind. If the pool of players playing the auction is small then your chances are much higher but as it becomes bigger your chances becomes exponentially lower by the number of players - minus you I'll be more worried if the 250th player did not change but the items needed to beat the 250th changed every time.

TZora
10-28-2012, 11:06 PM
but why only 3 or 4 behind? why not 5 behind? why not ten behind? why not 20 behind?
and why each time i'm 5 or 6 behind, i get pumpkins continuously until i'm again 3 or 4 behind? guess guess ..

and it is not only me .. there are other players who have spoken out about this in other threads. they feel the same way. i mean, it gets so monotonous in such events when the same thing repeats over and again and that's what bothers me.

for this event, i've stopped opening pumpkin boxes and now it is showing 9 to get in the top 250 bracket. i will now begin opening the boxes and see if i win pumpkins continuously.

i will report back if i'm wrong about whole of this "3/4 behind" thing. and yeah, i will be embarrassed to find i'm wrong but i will admit if i am wrong about this whole concept. guess we are going to learn something out of this, at least i will.

PawnXIIX
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM
but why only 3 or 4 behind? why not 5 behind? why not ten behind? why not 20 behind?
and why each time i'm 5 or 6 behind, i get pumpkins continuously until i'm again 3 or 4 behind? guess guess ..

I'm usually 3 or 4 behind, right now I'm 10 behind. Work has been crazy with everybody panicking about this storm coming in. I'm not saying they're insane but, it's definitely going to take the area for a ride :/

Getting some nice overtime though :) Just simply no time to open boxes, and when I have time to open them it's just constant bad news.

TZora
10-28-2012, 11:14 PM
I'm usually 3 or 4 behind, right now I'm 10 behind. Work has been crazy with everybody panicking about this storm coming in. I'm not saying they're insane but, it's definitely going to take the area for a ride :/

Getting some nice overtime though :) Just simply no time to open boxes, and when I have time to open them it's just constant bad news.

so u have 7 pumpkins :)
just get 3 more and u get that skully weapon, its good looking. i got 7 too and i'm trying to get 3 more and then i'm done for this event too ..

PawnXIIX
10-28-2012, 11:16 PM
so u have 7 pumpkins :)
just get 3 more and u get that skully weapon, its good looking. i got 7 too and i'm trying to get 3 more and then i'm done for this event too ..

Nope I have 6 :p

Right now I have 6 and it says I'm 10 behind the top 250.

...Nope now I'm 11 back...

TZora
10-28-2012, 11:20 PM
Nope I have 6 :p

Right now I have 6 and it says I'm 10 behind the top 250.

...Nope now I'm 11 back...
oh just the timing ..
i have 7 and i need 10 for the top 250
u have 6 and u need 11 for the top 250

TZora
10-28-2012, 11:22 PM
by the way, i'm relaxed a bit today. at least i don't have to be bothered about being 3 or 4 behind. this time i'm 10 behind and the next 12 hours will decide if there's something fishy and if my doubts were true ..
i'm going to open each hour for the next 12 hours .. got plenty of time to kill hehe

PawnXIIX
10-28-2012, 11:31 PM
by the way, i'm relaxed a bit today. at least i don't have to be bothered about being 3 or 4 behind. this time i'm 10 behind and the next 12 hours will decide if there's something fishy and if my doubts were true ..
i'm going to open each hour for the next 12 hours .. got plenty of time to kill hehe

Chalk up another fail...

chbranch
10-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Let me help you with your doubts........1 hitman rifle and 11 fails today.

TZora
10-29-2012, 12:08 AM
hehe going to open another box in 1 minute .. umm 38 seconds ..

TZora
10-29-2012, 12:08 AM
bloody racer z .. suckerrrrrrrr

PawnXIIX
10-29-2012, 01:44 AM
Let me help you with your doubts........1 hitman rifle and 11 fails today.

Started the event with 7 straight fails, got 1 box, then spent the next 10 on fails. D:

Coldjoey
10-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Bottom line is you always fill you are close to winning, as an android did you do the ten boxes? You could get to nine by day three and spend two days never getting ten, two hours to go, you spend your tapjoy only to find its not guaranteed but just a car or cash do you spend $5 resetting and opening, then a vault.... Then the event ends.... And you rant on the forum that you will never spend real money again, two months later you are on the fourm swearing this is defenetly the last time you spend gold. It not called Crack City for nothing.
I have two devises on one I open twice as many boxes as the other and get between 10 to 15 on one, and 5 to 10 on the other.

KizbotBro
10-29-2012, 06:34 AM
Bottom line is you always fill you are close to winning, as an android did you do the ten boxes? You could get to nine by day three and spend two days never getting ten, two hours to go, you spend your tapjoy only to find its not guaranteed but just a car or cash do you spend $5 resetting and opening, then a vault.... Then the event ends.... And you rant on the forum that you will never spend real money again, two months later you are on the fourm swearing this is defenetly the last time you spend gold. It not called Crack City for nothing.
I have two devises on one I open twice as many boxes as the other and get between 10 to 15 on one, and 5 to 10 on the other.

LOL, i believe we have all been there. There really should be a sticky thread warning people of this misconception. Just because you are only a few away doesnt mean that those few are simply waiting in the next few boxes you open. Reality is they are a few vaults away...

MWA
10-29-2012, 06:53 AM
I got 7 pumpkins the first day, 0 the next two days! (yesterday and today, so far) countless tryes.. Yes somebody want me to buy some gold! (Wich i will never do again, because of the lack of support from Gree after many ticket on the same case) They seem to just dont care about us avarage gold spending players.. Well **** them too! yes i said it..

TZora
10-30-2012, 01:37 AM
lol MWA, ur not alone at 7. i'm at 7 too since last 2 days. tried more than 20 times but sick of those sorry asses .. this thing is a bit annoying if u take it too seriously.

anyway, its just a game and i'm no longer spending on any of the events. for buildings, i may still spend a little ..

MWA
10-30-2012, 01:47 AM
lol MWA, ur not alone at 7. i'm at 7 too since last 2 days. tried more than 20 times but sick of those sorry asses .. this thing is a bit annoying if u take it too seriously.

anyway, its just a game and i'm no longer spending on any of the events. for buildings, i may still spend a little ..

And im STILL at 7.. lol, i have opened one almost each hour of the day since my last post and seriously, i havent got 1, not 1 ! (L)

I agree with you, best not take it too seriously its just a game.. But still, nobody likes to get FU**ED!! :P

TZora
10-30-2012, 08:52 AM
yeah agree .. finally after 30 opens I got 1 today and now I'm at 8. I just spent some on buying gold. got two gentlemen clubs and two rock cafe. will buy more to buy buildings. for the events, here's what i give ..

..l.,

TZora
10-30-2012, 08:55 AM
it is better to spend money on upgrades and buildings because no matter what u do, u have to spend good amount of gold. This is my conclusion, events are for gold spenders. u've got to be ddddddaaaaammmmnnnn lucky if u win something without spending gold.

i really wonder how much are the top 25 spending ...

SinSir
10-30-2012, 09:04 AM
This game has frustrated you.

Epic bosses will be nerfed next week to drop a weapon after every 5 levels completed.

Maybe gree need to personally use the toilet paper as the crap that's coming out stinks.

Beardy
10-30-2012, 09:08 AM

Epic bosses will be nerfed next week to drop a weapon after every 5 levels completed.

Maybe gree need to personally use the toilet paper as the crap that's coming out stinks.

Where did you hear about that about boss events? If its true it makes me livid..

mxz
10-30-2012, 09:14 AM
Where did you hear about that about boss events? If its true it makes me livid..Look at his track record and posting history - what makes you think he has any credibility in that department?

SinSir
10-30-2012, 09:20 AM
I didn't call it fact.

Anyway what's been proven wrong what I've stated in the past!

Ambition, clouding your vision.

TZora
10-30-2012, 09:23 AM
if that was directed to me .. naaw. no one can frustrate no one. it is what "we" choose to be, happy or frustrated. someone stalking u up in the game, gree playing greedy, people making beautiful hoods and decorating with gold, someone saying bad stuff to u, etc etc. if u promise urself not to be moved by anything, no one can frustrate u.

i play this game for little fun because i do not spend money on too many things but just some shopping, partying, going out with friends, eating food at good places, studying in the best university, buying expensive electronics and gadgets, etc lolol.

but truly, i enjoy getting in communication with like minded people so anything that gets up on my mind, i just talk it out and let go.

but one thing is for sure, i'm not spending a single cent on the events :rolleyes:

SinSir
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
@499

Cool, understood your point.

@Beardy

See my track record, he has nothing to say.

Dravak
10-30-2012, 09:53 AM
Look at his track record and posting history - what makes you think he has any credibility in that department?

He is fig , was here before you were MXZ , was right about a lot of things .
Including calling out people , who were so against cheating ... but being busted red handed by Gree for cheating .

sorry next event is the boss event , they can't crank out ladder events every week ...

SinSir
10-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Hi Drake.

I have no hard feeling whatsoever towards MXZ.

In truth I enjoy reading his post & do agree they are very informative.

Now as you'll know I do joke on the forum.

The post on the epic boss wasn't no way any factual comment, it was posted to show that anything is possible.
In truth as we know in the past they've nerfed a few good loot weapons, calling in a necessity as it broke the game balance.

So in the future a nerfing of the epic boss wouldn't surprise any senior poster.

So just posting something about my forum track record was a direct insult toward me (for whatever reason).

The game's fun & my mafia doing well.

@MXZ
Don't believe me add me 320 635 172.

DenZ1
10-30-2012, 10:50 AM
To make some feel better, I just did 12 resets and got only 1 freaking bomb o crap. I think I'm done spending. Wasted almost 3k in gold since all these events started, and my stat increase will be a very modest to speak optimistically :). Screw it. Not dropping another 2k unless I see big changes. There is just no breathing room for moderate spender. "Big guys" take it all and still want more :) let them have it.

I think Sam just wasted/spent over $2.5k for grand prize :) and it ain't over yet.
So being 3 behind for free is not a big deal at all.

mxz
10-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Now as you'll know I do joke on the forum.

The post on the epic boss wasn't no way any factual comment, it was posted to show that anything is possible.
In truth as we know in the past they've nerfed a few good loot weapons, calling in a necessity as it broke the game balance.

So in the future a nerfing of the epic boss wouldn't surprise any senior poster.

So just posting something about my forum track record was a direct insult toward me (for whatever reason).

The game's fun & my mafia doing well.

@MXZ
Don't believe me add me 320 635 172.Didn't mean it as insult, sorry if it came across that way - was trying to point out what you did more eloquently in the first part of your post. Some people are a little more literal and don't realize when people are being facetious - wanted to point out you were more than likely joking.

SinSir
10-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Now that just proved I misunderstood your reply to Beardy.

All is sweet.

Beardy
10-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Look at his track record and posting history - what makes you think he has any credibility in that department?

It's fig, so yeah I believe he has some credibility in that department. He was around in the days before you.

Didn't mean it as insult, sorry if it came across that way - was trying to point out what you did more eloquently in the first part of your post. Some people are a little more literal and don't realize when people are being facetious - wanted to point out you were more than likely joking.

I think I remember asking where he had heard this information... I realized he could be being facetious, so wanted the proof. I can tell a joke, but the way it was written didn't seem like it. If it was someone like sexkitteh, then I would have called BS right away.

SinSir
10-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Beardy, I got a bit deviated to your original question.

Once I read your post, below it was MXZ so I responded to that.

I was going to add it was me being pessimistic.

I don't trust them not to do a tweak on the epic boss.

TZora
10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
u all derailed my thread, now u all pay me 100 gold each ..
lol j/k .. go on, continue the love talk, i'm enjoying every bit of it :)

MWA
10-31-2012, 02:52 AM
yeah agree .. finally after 30 opens I got 1 today and now I'm at 8. I just spent some on buying gold. got two gentlemen clubs and two rock cafe. will buy more to buy buildings. for the events, here's what i give ..

..l.,

That is exactly what happened to me as well! not many hours after posting my last comment here i got 1, and offcourse, it stopped at 8.. deliberately you say, gree? :P

it is better to spend money on upgrades and buildings because no matter what u do, u have to spend good amount of gold. This is my conclusion, events are for gold spenders. u've got to be ddddddaaaaammmmnnnn lucky if u win something without spending gold.

i really wonder how much are the top 25 spending ...

Now that is actually insane to think about! i mean, 1500 gold is roughly about 120$, and for that you get maybe 3-4 gold bulidings or some weapons that add up maybe 500 in A and D.. Just imagine the amount of money spendt from the big ballers in this game(!) For 120$ i got fifa 13 and another PS3 game, hours, months, even years of fun, offline - online, trophys, recognition online if you want, so much for the money.. In this game you defenitely DONT get what you pay for.. :O

PawnXIIX
10-31-2012, 03:09 AM
Now that is actually insane to think about! i mean, 1500 gold is roughly about 120$, and for that you get maybe 3-4 gold bulidings or some weapons that add up maybe 500 in A and D.. Just imagine the amount of money spendt from the big ballers in this game(!) For 120$ i got fifa 13 and another PS3 game, hours, months, even years of fun, offline - online, trophys, recognition online if you want, so much for the money.. In this game you defenitely DONT get what you pay for.. :O

Gold bonus program, they get more free gold from GREE than you think :p

MrSpidey
10-31-2012, 05:59 AM
Well, it's a miracle!
At the end of this event I got my 10th pumpkin.
All crates opened with only ingame cash.
In no time I had 8 pumpkins and then the last few days 1 pumpkin and the rest nothing.
On the last day of the event I started to get all these other awards and finally the 10th!
I didn't expect to get it....