PDA

View Full Version : Worth spending gold for toilet paper? Haha

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 09:07 PM
So... Thoughts on whether its worthwhile to buy and spend gold on accumulating toilet paper?

If so, how much toilet paper?

All comments welcome.

Dipstik
10-26-2012, 09:15 PM
If the developers aren't crazy, the TP will disappear after the event. Even as consumables, these are game warping if they're more than just a crazy weekend event.

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Very true. Imagine the outburst if they did take it away. Would they risk it?

mxz
10-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Not sure if this was a serious thread, but of course not. You'll acquire it via normal gameplay and the PVP tourney and you'll most likely be out of it a few days after it stops dropping (unless you're a low level camper vastly stronger than your peers or a CC-God like Sam).

PawnXIIX
10-26-2012, 10:02 PM
I lose a napalm on an average of 1 per month at my current rate. The only time my explosives get consumed is when I try to take somebody on who is about 10000 defense higher than me.

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Not sure if this was a serious thread, but of course not. You'll acquire it via normal gameplay and the PVP tourney and you'll most likely be out of it a few days after it stops dropping (unless you're a low level camper vastly stronger than your peers or a CC-God like Sam).

Exactly my situation. So that's why I'm tempered to get alot

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
I lose a napalm on an average of 1 per month at my current rate. The only time my explosives get consumed is when I try to take somebody on who is about 10000 defense higher than me.

Would you spend gold to get more of them?

Dipstik
10-26-2012, 10:07 PM
Napalms aren't consumed on defense... Different story. That said, they aren't free, and they aren't stronger than everything else currently in the game except top end event items. They say this is a weekend pvp event, and no one was promised they get to keep them. MAYBE it would be different if I were one of the people who wasn't going to lose them immediately, but I won't be using my tapjoy gold on stamina.

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 10:12 PM
Napalms aren't consumed on defense... Different story. That said, they aren't free, and they aren't stronger than everything else currently in the game except top end event items. They say this is a weekend pvp event, and no one was promised they get to keep them. MAYBE it would be different if I were one of the people who wasn't going to lose them immediately, but I won't be using my tapjoy gold on stamina.

Very good point. But would you regret it if no action was taken to remove them? We will be in a serious disadvantage.

dthfrmabv
10-26-2012, 10:12 PM

Your right to say that. I just started a low level account actually it was level 2 yesterday now its level 10, got lucky with toilet papers and now a proud owner of 12 of them. Got lucky with the boss and got myself 3 rares and 2 uncommon out of 10 tries, with an ally count of 15 I think a stat of 7K/6K is pretty good.

With the Haunted House Lvl 6 (hope gree reimburse me for the 1 gold upgrade debacle) I have an income already of 15K IPH. I think I am good for now and time to resetup tent.

Dipstik
10-26-2012, 10:22 PM
Your right to say that. I just started a low level account actually it was level 2 yesterday now its level 10, got lucky with toilet papers and now a proud owner of 12 of them. Got lucky with the boss and got myself 3 rares and 2 uncommon out of 10 tries, with an ally count of 15 I think a stat of 7K/6K is pretty good.

With the Haunted House Lvl 6 (hope gree reimburse me for the 1 gold upgrade debacle) I have an income already of 15K IPH. I think I am good for now and time to resetup tent.

See, this is the situation where it will be stupid if they stay around. 90% of his attack is in these things.

dthfrmabv
10-26-2012, 10:24 PM
How would this stay around? I have fought other players as low as 500 defense and lost TP's. This wont last long... this is perishable unit and will in time deplete. Looks like the consume rate is very high.

I think the inflated stats is just a smoke screen that will disappear in time...

Dipstik
10-26-2012, 10:26 PM
I haven't lost one on attack yet.

Dr. Dengus
10-26-2012, 10:31 PM
I was attacked, won, and still lost a TP roll lol. Returned the favor and stole it back. But then someone with 100k stats rolled on me and stole all 7 I was carrying.

dthfrmabv
10-26-2012, 10:32 PM
I haven't lost one on attack yet.

Maybe there is some randomness on it I lost 3 in a row but won the fight got 1 on my fourth... all loses where against players with under 500D vs my 7K A...

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 10:35 PM
How would this stay around? I have fought other players as low as 500 defense and lost TP's. This wont last long... this is perishable unit and will in time deplete. Looks like the consume rate is very high.

I think the inflated stats is just a smoke screen that will disappear in time...

Look at murfs theory on explosive consumption. It will make more sense.

But on topic, from different perspectives, this is a once a year opportunity for some of the CC gods and strong low level campers.

Would you buy gold to get some explosives? If so why and how much?

mxz
10-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Maybe there is some randomness on it I lost 3 in a row but won the fight got 1 on my fourth... all loses where against players with under 500D vs my 7K A...What are you actual (non-explosive) stats?

dthfrmabv
10-26-2012, 10:37 PM
Look at murfs theory on explosive consumption. It will make more sense.

But on topic, from different perspectives, this is a once a year opportunity for some of the CC gods and strong low level campers.

Would you buy gold to get some explosives? If so why and how much?

IMO Wont spend on consumables... like I said "this wont last long... this is perishable unit and will in time deplete". I'd rather buy that car that they mispriced! It will be in my inventory for a long time!

Tomatoneverdie
10-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Come on, there is no way Gree would let us keep the toilet paper after the event....

dthfrmabv
10-26-2012, 10:41 PM
What are you actual (non-explosive) stats?

as of yesterday and prior to getting the TPs I had 1.7K attack at level 2

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Come on, there is no way Gree would let us keep the toilet paper after the event....

As mxz said, GREE have a pretty track record of not damaging good will and holds up its promises fairly well (e.g. M4a1, and recently monster rampage and spiked armor issues etc). Based on this, I have a feeling they will let it run its course.

After all, the aim is to encourage gold expenditure and part of that deal is for gold players to get lots of explosives. So if GREE do take it back, they are really hurting their rep by pissing off gold and free players.

dthfrmabv
10-26-2012, 10:46 PM
@Feng can you direct me to the "explosive theory" you mentioned in your prior post.. thanks

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 11:00 PM
[QUOTE=dthfrmabv;462802]@Feng can you direct me to the "explosive theory" you mentioned in your prior post..

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32897-My-new-theory-on-explosives&highlight=Explosive+theory

SevenO9
10-26-2012, 11:09 PM
as of yesterday and prior to getting the TPs I had 1.7K attack at level 2

Are we seriously discussing game mechanics based on a level 2 account? For those in the shark pool the TP is a very volatile thing. I had 26 yesterday, went to sleep and woke up with zero. I lost over 20 to some idiot who constantly failed but burned only TP.

Hotlips
10-26-2012, 11:28 PM
forget about holding on to this TP.
you should utilize it for bosses event as much possible while you can.

this will "disappear" after the deadline when some one stronger come visit you.

as for the stronger player, they are eventual winner cos it's too strong & unlikely to be able to taken away.

John Teller
10-26-2012, 11:32 PM
I had the toilet paper but it got consumed ina fight. I thought this would be like a gold explosive that doesn't disappear, but that is not the case. How do I keep from using my toilet paper?

The Billionaire
10-26-2012, 11:37 PM
If the developers aren't crazy, the TP will disappear after the event. Even as consumables, these are game warping if they're more than just a crazy weekend event.

The developers aren't crazy, this is exactly what they want. The TPs are dropping as quickly as they're being consumed sending Crime City into a frenzy like piranhas in a lake full of humans. They've also added an event to make sure the majority of the players get involved.

With everybody leveling up it closes that Shark Tank gap a little bit more whilst also making a little bit of money from refills and the gold sale.

Same as me, The Billionaire loses one explosive per month if that! Avon has never lost. Those who are extra strong for their level will gradually lose the TPs over a period of months. I don't think Gree will take them away at the end of the event because it's also a reward for free players who have done extremely well, they will also lose them over a long period of time.

I was attacked, won, and still lost a TP roll lol. Returned the favor and stole it back. But then someone with 100k stats rolled on me and stole all 7 I was carrying.

You can't steal them back, it's consumed. It just so happens they are dropping as quickly as they're being consumed hence why you thought you might of stolen it back.

IMO Wont spend on consumables... like I said "this wont last long... this is perishable unit and will in time deplete". I'd rather buy that car that they mispriced! It will be in my inventory for a long time!

If your stats are able to hold onto it for quite a while, it's worth a couple of stamina refills, surely? The car was a steal, Avon got 2 of them.

They will, so grab them while you can. Has anyone completed a couple more boss level using them? Bill got another 2 levels for free. Didn't get a rare though.

I had the toilet paper but it got consumed ina fight. I thought this would be like a gold explosive that doesn't disappear, but that is not the case. How do I keep from using my toilet paper?

You can't stop them being consumed unless you buy 20 vaults of gold and spend it all on crates, even then it might not work lol

Feng1234
10-26-2012, 11:43 PM
The developers aren't crazy, this is exactly what they want. The TPs are dropping as quickly as they're being consumed sending Crime City into a frenzy like piranhas in a lake full of humans. They've also added an event to make sure the majority of the players get involved.

With everybody leveling up it closes that Shark Tank gap a little bit more whilst also making a little bit of money from refills and the gold sale.

Same as me, The Billionaire loses one explosive per month if that! Avon has never lost. Those who are extra strong for their level will gradually lose the TPs over a period of months. I don't think Gree will take them away at the end of the event because it's also a reward for free players who have done extremely well, they will also lose them over a long period of time.

You can't steal them back, it's consumed. It just so happens they are dropping as quickly as they're being consumed hence why you thought you might of stolen it back.

If your stats are able to hold onto it for quite a while, it's worth a couple of stamina refills, surely? The car was a steal, Avon got 2 of them.

They will, so grab them while you can. Has anyone completed a couple more boss level using them? Bill got another 2 levels for free. Didn't get a rare though.

You can't stop them being consumed unless you buy 20 vaults of gold and spend it all on crates, even then it might not work lol

Exactly my thoughts. It's dropping about 1 per 10-15 hits so if our accounts are well positioned and can hold onto them, it might be worth a few refills and get those golden weapons more easier.

I got one more level and got a rare car so pretty damned happy with GREE for their work so far. Really getting some action into this game with these stuff.

SevenO9
10-26-2012, 11:52 PM
How do I keep from using my toilet paper?

Some options:

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/picture/tjr18/NoToiletPaper.png

NTM
10-27-2012, 01:20 AM
anyway that for all i don't see any problem, except some golg kevin who cry again :=

NTM
10-27-2012, 01:21 AM

develper or u ? :)

anyway we can see gold player cry and cry, no players just spender !

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Are we seriously discussing game mechanics based on a level 2 account? For those in the shark pool the TP is a very volatile thing. I had 26 yesterday, went to sleep and woke up with zero. I lost over 20 to some idiot who constantly failed but burned only TP.

How much lower was that idiot his/her attack?

And if someone knows, do you also get them from robbing?

The Billionaire
10-27-2012, 01:42 AM
And if someone knows, do you also get them from robbing?

Haven't received any from robbing, i made about 50 attempts

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 01:47 AM
Haven't received any from robbing, i made about 50 attempts

Thanks for the info.

I'm a crawler and you might know i want to go for boss 40 with the cash attempts and some TJ gold. This is a huge boost and no-one on my level can beat me for now.. I just need to know on what rate i might lose the toilet rolls on wins to other people. If i even lose a roll to someone with 10k lower stats it's not worth it to stock them up, but if it's a close call and i only lose them to someone with simular stats i will stock them up because i won't lose them in a very long time..

archambeau
10-27-2012, 02:36 AM
I didn't buy these with gold. I have three in my inventory. Where do you get them. And how?

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 02:42 AM
You can get them from attacking other players. You don't take them from a player, you just receive them.

The Billionaire
10-27-2012, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the info.

I'm a crawler and you might know i want to go for boss 40 with the cash attempts and some TJ gold. This is a huge boost and no-one on my level can beat me for now.. I just need to know on what rate i might lose the toilet rolls on wins to other people. If i even lose a roll to someone with 10k lower stats it's not worth it to stock them up, but if it's a close call and i only lose them to someone with simular stats i will stock them up because i won't lose them in a very long time..

I can't really answer that because neither of my accounts have lost a fight for ages so i wouldn't know how likely they are to be consumed. If you're rarely getting beaten by anyone then its well worth stocking up on them and they definitely increase your chances of reaching boss 40, you'd better hurry though.

Feng1234
10-27-2012, 03:26 AM
I somehow get a feeling that Gree have increases the rate of consumption for toilet papers. Lol...

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 04:07 AM
I can't really answer that because neither of my accounts have lost a fight for ages so i wouldn't know how likely they are to be consumed. If you're rarely getting beaten by anyone then its well worth stocking up on them and they definitely increase your chances of reaching boss 40, you'd better hurry though.

Thanks again. I have a feeling that once i stocked them up and i am around 49 i will still lose them to people with stats far below mine.. I haven't lost a explosive in my entire newsfeed now.

What i will do now, get 1 and see what happens if someone attacks me. If i win and keep it i will get more :)

I somehow get a feeling that Gree have increases the rate of consumption for toilet papers. Lol...
Why is that?

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 04:15 AM
Haven't received a roll in 15 attacks. Did obtain 2 event boxes.. But not going for the items.

NTM
10-27-2012, 04:32 AM
u can drop 100 toilet papers, they gone just in 2 min nd u got 1 or 0....

stop complaint for nothing..

Feng1234
10-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Thanks again. I have a feeling that once i stocked them up and i am around 49 i will still lose them to people with stats far below mine.. I haven't lost a explosive in my entire newsfeed now.

What i will do now, get 1 and see what happens if someone attacks me. If i win and keep it i will get more :)

Why is that?

They are just disappearing way too easily.

dthfrmabv
10-27-2012, 06:42 AM

I was not discussing specifically my Lvl 2 accounts I was simply using it as an example to pacify Dipsticks concerns about the possibility of too many campers (like me) or lower leveled players accumulating it and making the game unbalance... as I pointed out to in my earlier posts the TP consumption rate is very high. As in continued with my PVP's while I had an inflated stats against other players because of the TP - I was explaining that I was still losing them with with and at a rate of 1 to 4 even against players at very low Defense stat. SO it will in time deplete. ( at this point MXZ was simply asking me what was my pre-explosive attack stats)

Before I begun accumulating it at level 2 there was no chance I can do the boss but with the TP it provided my with the artificial boost to at least do 10 boss round ( got 3 rares and 2 uncolmmon).

As I said this TP things is just a smoke screen it will disappear soon...

I think Billionaire and others also reiterated my point...

By the way this account is not any more at level 2 its at level 12 now but all in all its worth the activity.

cheers

Feng1234
10-27-2012, 06:48 AM
I was not discussing specifically my Lvl 2 accounts I was simply using it as an example to pacify Dipsticks concerns about the possibility of too many campers (like me) or lower leveled players accumulating it and making the game unbalance... as I pointed out to in my earlier posts the TP consumption rate is very high. Before I begun accumulating it at level 2 and when I had enough it gave me the chance to play the boss. As in continued with my PVP's while I had an inflated stats against other players because of the TP - I was explaining that I was still losing them with with and at a rate of 1 to 4 even against players at very low Defense stat. SO it will in time deplete. ( at this point MXZ was simply asking me what was my pre-explosive attack stats)

I think Billionaire and others also reiterated my point...

By the way this account is not any more at level 2 its at level 12 now but all in all its worth the activity.

cheers

True. I just want to hit 40k stats for attack and defence. Just for fun lol.

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 06:52 AM
u can drop 100 toilet papers, they gone just in 2 min nd u got 1 or 0....

stop complaint for nothing..
No-one complains here. There's just not enough info to know if it fits in someone strategy so questions are born and we are on the forum to get them answered.

They are just disappearing way too easily.
Are you losing them at each lost fight or on some of the fights? Are the people that you lose them to close to your stats?

Feng1234
10-27-2012, 06:55 AM
No-one complains here. There's just not enough info to know if it fits in someone strategy so questions are born and we are on the forum to get them answered.

Are you losing them at each lost fight or on some of the fights? Are the people that you lose them to close to your stats?

Very randomly. Most are much weaker without explosives. The trigger point is pretty high for toilet papers. Lol.

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 07:02 AM
Very randomly. Most are much weaker without explosives. The trigger point is pretty high for toilet papers. Lol.
Then i decide to leave it for what it is. Thanks for the answer!

dthfrmabv
10-27-2012, 07:09 AM
True. I just want to hit 40k stats for attack and defence. Just for fun lol.

I was feeling the same way - imagine a for a low-gold player at level 3 to see their stats go from 500A to 7K Attack in 1 day - I was shaking with joy LOL!

dthfrmabv
10-27-2012, 07:13 AM
Then i decide to leave it for what it is. Thanks for the answer!

Here is my response @ Dip's question which is similar to what Fend said:

See, this is the situation where it will be stupid if they stay around. 90% of his attack is in these things. ... in reference to my inflated llp account.

Maybe there is some randomness on it I lost 3 in a row but won the fight got 1 on my fourth... all loses where against players with under 500D vs my 7K A...

Auxilium
10-27-2012, 08:19 AM
Seems like a random progress, fun for the moment it lasted:) Anyone knows how many of those rolls Sam has?

Cricket
10-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I agree with dthfrmabv on low levels. I'm lvl 21 and built up a small stockpile of 5 just to keep my unbeaten record going. otherwise it's been great for the mr. chen events and getting me through another 2 lvls.

Giedrius
10-27-2012, 06:37 PM
I was feeling the same way - imagine a for a low-gold player at level 3 to see their stats go from 500A to 7K Attack in 1 day - I was shaking with joy LOL!Or imagine mid level guy who's attack goes from 100k to 250k :) I'm having fun while it lasts...

name
10-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Stupid observation, but I seem to lose the rolls by attacking players with way lower stats (because of the high attack value) at a pretty fast rate. So campers will only keep them for a long time if they do not attack other players, right?

Kissnight
10-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Or imagine mid level guy who's attack goes from 100k to 250k :) I'm having fun while it lasts...

Or imagine LL players with 150K stats farm every boss event 50 times more...

the_dude
10-27-2012, 07:31 PM
You have to attack players with defence lower than your non explosive attack stats. This has been explained before. I usually go 1k attack lower and dont loose tp.

Feng1234
10-27-2012, 07:50 PM
You have to attack players with defence lower than your non explosive attack stats. This has been explained before. I usually go 1k attack lower and dont loose tp.

Generally but not very true in this case. The trigger point is sigficantly higher.

Poopenshire
10-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I cleared 26 bosses between this morning and this evening. All because of the TP. At peak i had 11, I am now at 5. I went from level 11 to 20 and racked up 200 PVP over the course of the day.

Dipstik
10-27-2012, 09:31 PM
This explosive is probably the dumbest idea ever...

Vito Corleone
10-28-2012, 12:10 AM
It seems you loose TPs when people robbing you. Even though the robbery isn't successful you can still loose them

PawnXIIX
10-28-2012, 12:18 AM
It seems you loose TPs when people robbing you. Even though the robbery isn't successful you can still loose them

Yeah, you can lose explosives on robberies. It happens to me a lot actually :p

NTM
10-28-2012, 12:44 AM

if players dont see that don't tell us.

they can't play, just buying :D

anyway not hard for don't loose consumable, don't attack more than ur real atk/def and u keep it.

when i see the number of guy/gal who have cry about a simple consumable..

PawnXIIX
10-28-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm only attacking players that I could win 10/10 without the explosives, so far I've lost none.

I was attacking with 5k less defense than actual attack to be extremely sure. :) It's working :D

Jian Carlo
10-28-2012, 01:21 AM
What are your thoughts on the number to reach the top 10. If I remember correctly Sam had over 10k on the last pvp vent but was the timeframe not longer than this event. Can't remember.

Anyway would 6000 get you into the top 10?

Munch on it
10-28-2012, 01:26 AM
I had 50500 attack before explosives and lost a couple to people with 27000 defense
But they are cool either way I got to have 90k stats for a couple of hours

PawnXIIX
10-28-2012, 01:35 AM
I had 50500 attack before explosives and lost a couple to people with 27000 defense

Well, sounds like you just hit a few people with a skill point hack then :/

Kissnight
10-28-2012, 01:40 AM
Without explosives 31K, with TP 70K, my safe hit line is 12K.

Munch on it
10-28-2012, 02:05 AM
Well, sounds like you just hit a few people with a skill point hack then :/

Na cos I'm still losing atleast one everytime I attack someone that isn't under 27k defense but I'm not worried they were never going to last long with my stats anyway

Feng1234
10-28-2012, 02:06 AM
I'm only attacking players that I could win 10/10 without the explosives, so far I've lost none.

I was attacking with 5k less defense than actual attack to be extremely sure. :) It's working :D

Funny that my loss of tp explosives have increased over the last few days vs gains.i seem to lose as much as gains even though I was building up tps real fast on the first day.

GREE must have changed something recently...

kykboxr
10-28-2012, 08:15 AM

Lol, that's funny yet sad for you. Farm away!

mxz
10-28-2012, 09:09 AM
GREE must have changed something recently...I'm not sure they have. There's a chance they lowered the drop rate, but that would require working the weekend.

kykboxr
10-29-2012, 03:04 PM
I think there is a new algorithm on how they are consumed. Example, I'm at L69, have 49 mafia and an attack of 35K. Just fought some bloke with 1.8K stats and he made me consume two explosives. Comical, but whatever.