PDA

View Full Version : Bring ModernQuest fusion to Modern War

Mad
10-26-2012, 01:00 PM
Well, I downloaded Modern Quest in effort to get the unit promised in MW if we did. Like many I never received the splash screen, so I downloaded MQ and sent in a ticket to support asking for the MW unit. I am still waiting.

One of the things I wanted to try out in MQ was the fusion. This allows you to merge two monsters together to form a new monster.

So far I have liked what I have seen. I have only done two and both have been successful. One monster ended up being much more powerful than the combined stats of the other two, while the second one was more powerful than either of the two used to create it, but not more powerful than the two units combined.

Another nice feature is once you fuse a monster it can be used for future fusions, so you could keep increasing the power.

There is an income feature for Gree, fair enough. It takes time to fuse a monster and you can quicken the time with our equivalent of gold (diamonds). I noticed that each time you fuse a monsters it takes a bit more time than the previous one. So I could see it ending up like our upgrade times for buildings.

You can also use our equivalent of gold to fuse the monster which offers a better chance of a superior monster. Note it also has a free and cash feature. I used cash in both of my fusions.

I have noticed reading the forums that not everyone has been as lucky, some have actually ended up with a monster weaker than either of the stats of the two used to create it.

But I think it would be a great addition to MW. It would give players something to do between and during events. Many of us have units that no longer go into battle this would be a great way to give them new life.

I would like, for example, to be able to add jets and increase the firepower of my Aircraft carriers. Or combine a bunch of snipers. They are just taking up space anyway.

I realize others may disagree. I have only fused two, others who have done more my want to share their experiences.

Poopenshire
10-26-2012, 01:16 PM
its almost 2 days after i sent my ticket and no response as well

Mad
10-26-2012, 01:21 PM
its almost 2 days after i sent my ticket and no response as well

Yeah, I am a bit concerned about that. Others seemed to get a positive response fairly quickly. You and I seem to be on a very special list of players. So what did you do to get on this very special list????

Thief
10-26-2012, 01:28 PM
To me i would like to see it however i don't want it to break the mechanics of the game. Make sure its thematic and not unrealistic (in many cases we might need 10x troops to make a combination and not just 2)

With that being said i'm not sure it will make it way over? I see little incentive for Gree to include it and it has alot of bugs to work out first.

Vballmadam
10-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I would not like to see it here!

Maverick50727
10-26-2012, 02:19 PM
I will neither confirm nor deny that they have had something called recipes for units in the data file since Sept. Formulas for 10 units only the last time a I looked. I have no official information on this, thus I have never mentioned it until now. But I recommend asking CCM or Gree for more information. I won't release any unit information related to recipes until Gree comes forward with an official statement and release. What I have seen may be beta only for testers which I'm not. But I do expect this to be some type of new content in the future.

Ryans67
10-26-2012, 02:29 PM
I like the idea that they are working on....Solves both problems, and fits within the general dynamics of a war game.

Mad
10-26-2012, 02:44 PM
I would not like to see it here!

That's interesting. So what don't you like about it? What negatives do you see?

vaporeon
10-26-2012, 03:15 PM
I sent them a message as well about it and I got the same response everyone else received.

Tate
10-26-2012, 04:33 PM
I like the idea Mav. As you say it would help to recycle some of the redundant units that many of us carry in our inventory and offer a chance to increase the overall stats. I thibnk that it would be very helpful to non-gold players if set up like MQ. You can fuse rare monsters that would normally cost real money "gems".
Something like a "training Facility" rather than Fusion....
Makes for an interesting discussion.
As for MQ, I downloaded it about 5 weeks ago and the average fusion comes out pretty much like you say, either the att or the def of the new monster will be usually higher than either of the original 2. Common+ fused with a Common+ will usually give a stronger Common+ or an Uncommon. FisK has a data sheet for perusal in the groups page for everyone to see.

Warfiend
10-26-2012, 06:07 PM
I was thinking that the moment I tried fusion in MQ. Advanced Research Projects Agency building would be a good MW version IMO. It would reward patient free players and those with money to burn. Really enhance the game play for everyone.

Agent Orange
10-26-2012, 08:14 PM
Probably a good idea that will turn into a money grab. The only way to fuse and get good monsters is to buy diamonds with real money. So far fusion with just free or cash options is pretty bad in that you can get monsters that can be worse than what you started with.

Q Raider
10-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Probably a good idea that will turn into a money grab. The only way to fuse and get good monsters is to buy diamonds with real money. So far fusion with just free or cash options is pretty bad in that you can get monsters that can be worse than what you started with.

Your MQ game is broken AO.
Playing two games as free player and using just the "free" option for the fusion outcomes On one game and "Gold" the other have created "Rares" in both games.

manbeast
10-27-2012, 04:54 AM
I started playing MQ a couple days ago. Camping pretty hard and only at lvl 3. I have only done one fusion. Used middle option and had a horrible result. Monster was half the strength of either monster used in the process. Haven't tried again cause of weak economy.

Would love to see it in modern war. I'd be fusing all day err day

Mad
10-27-2012, 09:52 AM
I started playing MQ a couple days ago. Camping pretty hard and only at lvl 3. I have only done one fusion. Used middle option and had a horrible result. Monster was half the strength of either monster used in the process. Haven't tried again cause of weak economy.

Would love to see it in modern war. I'd be fusing all day err day

I have now done three fusions, all winners in my estimation and I used their equivalent of a cash option in each case.

In one case, the new monster's stats were clearly higher than the combined stats of the two monsters used to create it. In the other two instances, the monsters were better than the individual stats of the monsters used to create it and in one of these the new monster almost matched the combined stats of the two creating it.

I know there are instances where monsters are actually lower, but in MW I have a number of gold and cash units that no longer go into battle and I would like a chance to upgrade them and see if they can again become part of my army in battle. Even if the new stats go down, so what they weren't being used anyway.

Like you Manbeast I would be fusing all day lol. I might even risk some gold, if I found the right combination.

Vballmadam
10-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Monster Quest is fantasy...I can see the fusion.
Modern War is based on reality...I think there's another way to sell or trade units that would mirror real life.

bigflan
10-27-2012, 10:25 AM
I just want free units

Mad
10-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Monster Quest is fantasy...I can see the fusion.
Modern War is based on reality...I think there's another way to sell or trade units that would mirror real life.

Very valid point. I like the realistic theme of MW and don't want to see that change. What I had envisioned was more along creating platoons.

For example, you could combine snipers with say engineers, scouts, demolitions, infantry etc and create a platoon or unit with a stronger combined power than individually. Or adding jets, super hornets etc to Air Craft carriers to increase the carriers firepower..

General Soviet
10-27-2012, 11:50 AM
It would work well, but it shouldn't be unrealistic. A light gunner combined with an SSD would be very strange.

bigflan
10-27-2012, 11:51 AM
It would work well, but it shouldn't be unrealistic. A light gunner combined with an SSD would be very strange.It's should be like you scrap the unit for materials and you combine them to make a better unit or a worse one

manbeast
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
PLEASE BRING FUSION TO MODERN WAR!!! It solves so many problems with the game. For instance, I've been building my economy for months now. Finally made it to a million dollars an hour. Now I'm left wondering... Why? There's nothing to really spend cash on besides money buildings! Cash units are a joke really. Even with a million dollars an hour you can't buy enough units to compete with valor units. Give us fusion and I'll fuse aircraft carriers with rail gun destroyers with stealth bombers and make something worth my money!!! And it will be fun!! Top prizes could be the units in the scratchers or it could be like high loot items (siege tank).

Vball- I respect where you are coming from but I have to disagree. Modern war really isn't that realistic. I mean how could a speed bike be stronger than 8 aircraft carriers combined? Cash units suck in mw and fusion is the best solution out there IMO

bigflan
10-27-2012, 09:00 PM
I say don't bring it

I think its useless + it eliminates the purpose of events and everyone will camp
It would bring down sales no one would buy anymore

NOT A GOOD IDEA