PDA

View Full Version : COOL! Another Problem!

dudeman
10-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Okay, this isn't actually THAT cool.. This game is literally becoming one issue after another, so the fact that there is another problem occurring comes as no surprise. I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this problem too, or if my account is just being effed up again.

This new problem can be summed up pretty quickly. The cash I win from blind PvP disappears instantly. I see the amount won in the fight screen, but nothing is added to my cash on hand total. I'm not in the rival's hood when I blind attack, obviously, so there's nowhere to check "on the ground" for cash icons to pick up.

After the fight it doesn't matter if I tap "rob" to travel to their hood or simply exit the fight screen by tapping the "x", the cash is nowhere to be found. It's not "invisibly" on hand because when I open the bank is still says "0" and when I try to deposit zero dollars it tells me the minimum is $10. (duh!)

Anyone else experiencing this new problem? Just me again?

Edit: RP is affected too. None of the in game currencies earned from blind PvP are being credited.

PawnXIIX
10-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Are you getting the respect or getting absolutely nothing completely?

EDIT: You just fixed it. I see.

Ghost818
10-23-2012, 11:31 PM
See my thread too.

dudeman
10-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Are you getting the respect or getting absolutely nothing completely?

EDIT: You just fixed it. I see.

I hadn't noticed about the RP before, but I just saw Ghost's thread and it looks like nothing earned from blind PvP is being credited.

PawnXIIX
10-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I hadn't noticed about the RP before, but I just saw Ghost's thread and it looks like nothing earned from blind PvP is being credited.

Yeah I was going to be like "Go see Ghosts thread if that's the case" but i've been beaten to that again ._.

When my respect doesn't immediately update I restart it and it's back, so I don't even know what I get or don't get from fights/robs :/

SevenO9
10-24-2012, 01:04 AM
It is not only blind attacking. Just attacked a guy via his hood and took 9 times 30k but got only 30k total credited. Wtf?

SiennaSharpe
10-24-2012, 04:45 AM
It is not only blind attacking. Just attacked a guy via his hood and took 9 times 30k but got only 30k total credited. Wtf?

Same thing happened to me yesterday. Attacked a player with over a million in the bank, won 4 times in a row, only got $30k actually credited. I stopped after that.

Luke 3457
10-24-2012, 04:49 AM
O man!!! This sh*t is comical ! I'm really passed the point of getting mad 😂.not taking about this issue per-say. Just waiting for the next issue to ....😫😫

Sandukan
10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
Maybe their money is from the federal reserve.
Imaginary.

BOS
10-24-2012, 05:32 AM
Yesterday while attacking a rival, I noticed my attack and defense scores were 10k lower each... Also, some of my top 50 attack items, were missing, and in their place were the "spinning wheels of mystery". A simple restart fixed the problem. I have not paid attention to RP or cash from blind attacks, will do so and see what happens.

Edit: No cash or RP is being collected for fights unless I "pick up" the RP or Cash from the ground.... I wonder how much RP I've missed out on...

murf
10-24-2012, 07:21 AM
I can confirm this is happening to me as well. I need to also 'pick up' the cash or RP from the ground.

Jao
10-24-2012, 07:47 AM
I just come to forum to start thread on this
Only get ¥ if you attack at their hood
Not in screen.

I am missing millions after this morning!

mxz
10-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Can someone test to see if when they log back in after this if they have the previously displayed amount of money/RP or the expected money/RP? Could be a client-server update issue.

SevenO9
10-24-2012, 08:15 AM
No cash after login either. Good idea mxz but sadly wrong.

DenZ1
10-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Same crap here. Its a server mess I think.

mxz
10-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Hmm, tough to tell why attacking through the rivals list rather than rob/attacking would change something in the server.

From what I understand about attacks, the client sends an attack call to the server with your mafia id, some other info (cash, attack stats, skill points - most of this isn't even used) and their mafia id, the server calculates the battle result and any loot drops (items, money, RP) and returns a message saying what happened. The client should then process that info, collect the loot/money/RP (if you're in an attack screen) or show the loot/money/RP (if you're in their hood), and show the fight result screen.

So, my guess is there's some bug in the client that doesn't handle the return packet properly in that specific case (why, I have no idea). If I can trigger it I'll do some more research and send in a formal bug report. Would be nice to have CJ weigh in, first, though since it may be a known problem.

My wild guess is the client tries to put the cash/RP down somewhere, but it doesn't display since you're in your own hood (or someone else's). When the client is attempting to put it down in the victim's hood and you're not there to collect it, it disappears.

mxz
10-24-2012, 08:56 AM
New question: does this happen only when you're in your own hood, only when you're in a player who you're not attacking's hood (3rd party hood), or both scenarios? Does it ever happen in the victim's hood (i.e. you go to rob them, then attack from the rivals list)?

Johnny70
10-24-2012, 09:04 AM
this is just a guess but attacks got somehow changed, it used to be attack wait a minute in a guys hood attack again and it would report two attacks and fill up the guys news feed, now they stack into one even if you wait up two atleast twenty min. so it is my assumption they changed that in this last server down for thirty min deal and the loss of respect pts and money looks to me as if it is also stacking and only paying out once?

RijilV
10-24-2012, 09:15 AM
sweet, also happening here too. Whats the point gree?

BOS
10-24-2012, 09:16 AM
New question: does this happen only when you're in your own hood, only when you're in a player who you're not attacking's hood (3rd party hood), or both scenarios? Does it ever happen in the victim's hood (i.e. you go to rob them, then attack from the rivals list)?

Happens in all scenarios, my hood, their hood, another's hood... If I don't attack the actual "walking" avatar of the rival, I get no RP. :mad:

CJ54
10-24-2012, 09:17 AM
We've got people on it right now, this'll be fixed as soon as we figure out what's causing it.

dudeman
10-24-2012, 09:23 AM

This issue is still occurring for me. I have not had any good robberies available since this started happening, so I don't know if robs are also affected in any way.

As for fights, here's what I can tell so far. It doesn't matter where you are fighting from, this problem will happen anyways. That means your hood, rival's hood, or random 3rd party's hood.

The rival's list isn't the problem.

If I visit a player's hood to attack them instead of attacking blindly from the rival's list, the first hit does not award cash or RP because I'm in the fight screen. If I continue to fight through the fight screen no cash or RP are awarded. I'm level 200 and can't verify this, but it makes sense that this would extend to any XP earned in a fight screen. I guess it also makes sense that any loot dropped in the fight would also not be credited, but I haven't bothered to check because that loot is as useful to me as a dirty diaper.

However, after the first hit on a rival in their own hood, if you exit the fight screen by pressing the "x" (pressing rob has always caused issues for me, so o don't ever do it under any circumstances) you can continue to fight by tapping on your rival and cash, RP, and loot won from the fight will drop in their hood. You can then pick it up and be credited with whatever you won.

CJ54
10-24-2012, 09:38 AM
We've deployed a fix, can you guys try logging out/back in to the game and let me know if this is still going on?

Ghost818
10-24-2012, 09:43 AM
We've deployed a fix, can you guys try logging out/back in to the game and let me know if this is still going on?

Its fixed.

What was the issue CJ, if of course its not confidential?

dudeman
10-24-2012, 10:02 AM
RP is being credited once again, so that much is fixed. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume cash, XP, and loot are all fixed too.

CJ54
10-24-2012, 10:13 AM
Its fixed.

What was the issue CJ, if of course its not confidential?

Unexpected server weirdness. I don't have more details because not everyone had their coffee yet, so the emails going back and forth are rather to-the-point. In any case, it seems to be back to normal.

BOS
10-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Unexpected server weirdness. I don't have more details because not everyone had their coffee yet, so the emails going back and forth are rather to-the-point. In any case, it seems to be back to normal.

Thanks CJ, great job as usual :cool:

Giedrius
10-24-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks CJ, I think it was CK conspiracy to keep them at low levels :)

mxz
10-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Unexpected server weirdness. I don't have more details because not everyone had their coffee yet, so the emails going back and forth are rather to-the-point. In any case, it seems to be back to normal.Samsonite? I was way off!

BOS
10-24-2012, 11:26 AM
Samsonite? I was way off!

Big gulps huh?..... Well, see you later :p

dudeman
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Samsonite? I was way off!

It's all right dude. Here, have some hot chocolate.

http://content6.flixster.com/question/56/95/49/5695496_std.jpg