PDA

View Full Version : Nothing to raid, nothing to attack, $$$ vaulted....what to do?

JohnnyR
10-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Didn't have this problem a few months ago, but now I might have to pull a Pirate Justice and sit out the MW attack thing. My sig gives an idea where I'm at. It seemed in the past I was tortured by my stamina limit and having to wait a whole 3 minutes to punch another attack through....now, going through 30 points can take 2 hours... I raid for cash because valor comes and goes too quickly. Cash will fill my defense with SSDs-there is no cash to grab though! Everyone is collected and vaulted.

Should I drop allies, am I not in a good bracket, or what?

JohnnyR
10-23-2012, 10:20 PM
'course now I mention it and along comes 2.2 mill hanging out of the vault. Thanks kind stranger, lol. Seriously though, having a tough time with the cash flow lately, save a few exceptions....

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Didn't have this problem a few months ago, but now I might have to pull a Pirate Justice and sit out the MW attack thing. My sig gives an idea where I'm at. It seemed in the past I was tortured by my stamina limit and having to wait a whole 3 minutes to punch another attack through....now, going through 30 points can take 2 hours... I raid for cash because valor comes and goes too quickly. Cash will fill my defense with SSDs-there is no cash to grab though! Everyone is collected and vaulted.

Should I drop allies, am I not in a good bracket, or what?

It would seem from my casual observation that the entire MW landscape has seen a massive shift recently.

The attack metric has recently been tweaked.

The tweak allows rivals with stats 200K (I argue 300K) lower than yours to attack, if they are persistent.

This means that NO one is safe.

Nothing I do in this game is without thought.

I don't care about building, only about raiding.

That said, if you are above level 125 and don't have stats at least 1,000 times your level, you are headed for annihilation.

There has always seemed to me a focus on building, but this is a war game.

My philosophy has been and remains, if you can't PROTECT it, you're a fool for owning it.

Why?

Because someone will take it!

So, as you reach level 100, consider a new paradigm.

Kerplunk goes the junk, or you'll get the level 125 funk.

I say 1,000 times your level, but you'd be wise to make it 2,000 times your level.

When I hit 100,000 (way back when), I thought that was the gold standard.

Not bloody likely anymore.

Today inflation has set in, and its 250,000 at least.

That won't make you beast, but you can be competitive.

Furthermore, if you aren't ALL GOLD, you'll be eaten alive.

You can't swim with these sharks, you gotta become a shark beyond level 125-130.

JohnnyR
10-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I have to say that my experiences are opposite in regards to the attacking. I've been throttled. Where once I could pull 270-300 BPs from rivals with nary a loss, these days 250 is tough to get without losses in between. I have 155 in attack skill points, and had planned on pouring more in till this change happened. I don't know the situation up there, but this is how it is for me. Perhaps skill point hacks are on the rise with those mondo differences, I honestly can't fathom beating guys 100, 200, 300k higher stats than mine-sounds like hackers at work.

Regarding protection? No need. I collect. Also, I get my income from others, or try to at least. It is much more rewarding to finangle millions with a rag tag free army and thousands of meatshields. My stats are sh-t, but I raid and attack like a mother and scrap for my dimes when everyone's building monster armies. It used to be this way. Now I gotta loot farm like everyone else. Now I can't find buildings or unvaulted cash. Now my system is obsolete.

I'm a small fish here, gold guys can swallow me up, but I'll pass through fine. Sharks and whales ain't my problem, the game is...

Khimsoo
10-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Not sure if 2000 times is enough or who are your war buddies is more impt.
The top players have at least 2.5k to 3k times their level (raw stats). When they come, hope(less) and/or surrender.

Hope for a quick death and they will ignore your presence.

albeezy
10-23-2012, 11:03 PM
It would seem from my casual observation that the entire MW landscape has seen a massive shift recently. The attack metric has recently been tweaked. The tweak allows rivals with stats 200K (I argue 300K) lower than yours to attack, if they are persistent. This means that NO one is safe. Nothing I do in this game is without thought. I don't care about building, only about raiding. That said, if you are above level 125 and don't have stats at least 1,000 times your level, you are headed for annihilation. There has always seemed to me a focus on building, but this is a war game. My philosophy has been and remains, if you can't PROTECT it, you're a fool for owning it. Why? Because someone will take it! So, as you reach level 100, consider a new paradigm. Kerplunk goes the junk, or you'll get the level 125 funk. I say 1,000 times your level, but you'd be wise to make it 2,000 times your level. When I hit 100,000 (way back when), I thought that was the gold standard. Not bloody likely anymore. Today inflation has set in, and its 250,000 at least. That won't make you beast, but you can be competitive. Furthermore, if you aren't ALL GOLD, you'll be eaten alive. You can't swim with these sharks, you gotta become a shark beyond level 125-130.

You are starting to sound like this guy PJ

You mean the weak and unloyal , always happens , no am not CK .
But all that recruiting and don't rob me or else my clan will come and kick you .

Bleh Childishe if you can't fight your own battles , you are worthless !
Pftt next one showing hot stuff beter show 250k gold , then we are talking !

Not some peanuts 15k ok , then you get the footsoldiers ! who drop off as soon as things look bad.

pfttt you start spending then kitteh , show me atleast 250 k gold !
or 200 k stats , before starting these kind of garbage threads again !

So people who like these put the money where the mouth is .
Form a new gang make us quiver with fear ! , less then 250k gold or 200k starting stats is not acceptable anymore !
Yeah welcome to the big leagues :p

JohnnyR
10-23-2012, 11:12 PM
Sharks and whales can have their dinner parties up at the penthouse, no skin off my nose. Whatever happened to war? Waging it is torturous. It's absolutely barren right now. Am I the only one feeling it? Some guys have gold, some build IPH-I attack. My stats are bottom barrel here in the forum, but most every base I visit is attackable, 90% of rivals (in my rival list) have stats below mine, so even if I was whale status I'm screwed.... What is there to do but farm units and wait for buildings to finish upgrading?

albeezy
10-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Sharks and whales can have their dinner parties up at the penthouse, no skin off my nose. Whatever happened to war? Waging it is torturous. It's absolutely barren right now. Am I the only one feeling it? Some guys have gold, some build IPH-I attack. My stats are bottom barrel here in the forum, but most every base I visit is attackable, 90% of rivals (in my rival list) have stats below mine, so even if I was whale status I'm screwed.... What is there to do but farm units and wait for buildings to finish upgrading?

Messing around on the forum!

JohnnyR
10-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Messing around on the forum!

Lol, see-now that's rewarding. Man, I could use a Bron/Thunderchild/Aidan threadjack bout now!

Ryans67
10-23-2012, 11:27 PM
Start an LLP, one account to watch IPH grow, and one to play around on. I care most about my IPH account camping, but have fun on the other.

JohnnyR
10-23-2012, 11:39 PM
Just went over to the CC forums. Everytime it gets boring for me in MW, there's like a five threads of problems going on in CC. Never fails. Problem solved, night all.

Hivesy
10-24-2012, 07:21 AM
Feel your pain Johnny boy, thanks for the pm.

I struggle also getting any plump targets. Try attacking am UK time so middle of the night US time, I actually find that when I have the least amount of time to play is actually when I get the most success. So in our house that's about 7.30am - 8.30am trying to get up and ready for work and the kids up and ready for school.

I'm expert and turning on the coffee machine, overlooking kids teeth brushing and balancing the ipad on my arm at the same time. And it's always then that I start finding the level 3 and 4 oil rigs sitting there ready for plucking.

I am late for work virtually every day.........

JohnnyR
10-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Ten minutes behind myself Hivesy, lol. Gonna log this, see where the patterns are.

Maverick50727
10-24-2012, 08:46 AM
Do what YOU see fit and how to play the game. Do what you CAN and ENJOY.

I say it like this to stress the importance. Everyone has different strategies, opinions and theories. However, choose the play style that fits you or that you can do. The decision is yours in the end. What works for one might not for another.

Examples:
People are all about Russia being the strongest for attack, but if you are playing defense and not being aggressive attacking, wouldn't UK be better for you?

PJ's statement of being all gold and no economy, just raid. (I love his single L1 command center and 416 IPH). While that flies for him and people who can afford to spend $20,000 on a phone app game, this won't work for 99.9% of the players out there. Not wrong, just won't fly unless you can afford it. We all know this isn't a strategy game and the more you can spend the stronger you can be, but that is the way it was designed (to make money).

It is a war game, but also has economy aspects built in. If you enjoy Modern Base Builder and camp, that is entirely up to you and your choice of enjoyment. How you play is up to you and only you can decide what works best for you to reach your end goals.

With the last comment (your end goals), set some if you haven't. They make things more enjoyable when you meet personal goals you set out to do. If you want to be #1 player in the game and didn't win the lottery, just quit now. If you want to play by your own rules, enjoy the game and compete with the majority of the players in the game you still can whether you be a free player, low spender or high spender.

If you really get bored, PUN has found ways to make games within the game to find enjoyment. I personally go to the forum and choose to help others improve their game, for betterment of the whole, add challenge and enjoyment.

JohnyR, Drop me another PM later to let me know how you progress with some of my suggestions I sent you.

Baraka
10-24-2012, 10:14 AM
Build a massive IPH. All is solved. Lol.

JohnnyR
10-24-2012, 11:07 AM
Build a massive IPH. All is solved. Lol.

For what though?! To buy units a fraction of the strength I can loot for? I love building up, don't get me wrong, but what happens when ya got the level 10 OR, Nanos, etc... I wanna have a reason to bank a hundred mil beside pouring it into buildings that'll let me build the next 100 mil a little faster. What the heck is the point of it all?! I'm having my MW existemtial crisis here guys, sorry. Thanks for the replies. :-)

albeezy
10-24-2012, 11:27 AM
For what though?! To buy units a fraction of the strength I can loot for? I love building up, don't get me wrong, but what happens when ya got the level 10 OR, Nanos, etc... I wanna have a reason to bank a hundred mil beside pouring it into buildings that'll let me build the next 100 mil a little faster. What the heck is the point of it all?! I'm having my MW existemtial crisis here guys, sorry. Thanks for the replies. :-)

HAHA I smiled when I read this. Modern IPH War! I have resigned myself to the fact that if you want to fight you need gold and lots of it. I am personally just trying to see how high I can get my attack and defense and IPH knowing that I am always going to be weaker than the big guys who have gold (and gals).

I think Maverick said it best. Find a way to play that fits who you are and just go on. For me that is devising strategies to get the next big money building upgrade done. Definitely puts the strategy into the game for me as I am at level 160.

Ryans67
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM

You need that $100mil to play the boss events. lol.

Tctiger
10-24-2012, 12:26 PM
You either play for free or light gold because you enjoy the stratigy game or you spend big to try and be the best , either way unless you are number 1 you are going to get attacked . Maybe less people above you with an all gold army but if you got an all gold army there is no need to attack or raid for cash , so for me the end game is to get an all gold army for free . I got a couple hundred gold units so 1800 more and I'm there! Yes I know it won't be the best army but who cares that's my game and it is what you make it , just remember the fun is buying and upgrading if you had it all you would be bored and quit !

Baraka
10-24-2012, 12:29 PM
You need that $100mil to play the boss events. lol.how many buildings did you sell again lol.

@jonny, I was only joking. I gave up attacking and raiding because of so many casualties. You lost more than you gain. As for level 10 nano. Think that will be a while away.

Tctiger
10-24-2012, 12:43 PM
I would drop allies that may do the trick 5 at a time and see what shows up you can always add them again .