PDA

View Full Version : What is a single Attack Skill point worth?

Burn
10-23-2012, 07:03 AM
Scenario thus...

At level 200, Respect items and most farmable loot adds nada, the only incomplete part of the game is Storyline.

Storyline offers a single skill point for Map Mastery x 5.

Assume the following... 115K attack, 270 skill points in attack.

What is each additional single skill point invested into attack actually worth in real terms?

dudeman
10-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Judging by the way my skills get added in a boss fight, I'd say each skill point is worth about half an M4A1.

I think that's a pretty good comparison. Assuming you were farming those guns at regular firepower 10-11 months ago, and each new drop replaced one of the worst guns you ever owned, they each gave close to 20 attack.

Each attack skill appears to give 10 attack, so about half an old m4.

Pretty rewarding for only a week's worth of energy per point, right? :cool:

Trevor b. Trollin
10-23-2012, 07:59 AM
^^^ what he said. 10 pts was always my understanding.

kitzune
10-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Those skill points are worth it as you will still have the attack even if you get a better boss item to replace one or more items those attack points from skill will not get replaced.

Of course given state of game and not spending gold it;s probably next to impossible to get close to a lot of the long term players.

Burn
10-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Duder, i can harvest a few cheap points, I haven't even mastered Canal Street yet ;)

Left storyline a long time ago, thinking might as well complete it, I'll soon have nothing else to do anyway - currently Homemade TNT worth 6 attack, no defense, and only dropping about 3 per day from Aaren Pierce.

dudeman
10-23-2012, 08:21 AM
If you can get cheap skill points I'd go for it.

I think mastering Canal Street was the first thing I did in this game. It only took me two minutes though because when I first downloaded CC my energy would refill every time I banked. I couldn't do anything to prevent it, and I was 2 minutes fresh into the game so didn't know it was a glitch until it stopped happening.

kitzune
10-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Burn I'm not certain but I think there might be story line goals that award skill points too. Reason I think this is I cannot account for all of the extra points I have from the maps I've mastered. I don't know if it was PVP or thug life goals that awarded them or if it was story line.

dudeman
10-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Burn I'm not certain but I think there might be story line goals that award skill points too. Reason I think this is I cannot account for all of the extra points I have from the maps I've mastered. I don't know if it was PVP or thug life goals that awarded them or if it was story line.

What about level gains and +attack skill modifiers?

I don't recall ever receiving skill points for goal completion, and I'm almost positive that I can determine where all my attack skills were obtained.

kitzune
10-23-2012, 12:48 PM
What about level gains and +attack skill modifiers?

I don't recall ever receiving skill points for goal completion, and I'm almost positive that I can determine where all my attack skills were obtained.

well you start with 1 attack and defense, 50 energy and 5 stamina right? Then you gain 3 points with stamina costing 2 points and 1 point giving 10 energy. Givne that I know how many points I have spent. Checking my map I can see how many maps I've mastered. Remaining points (5) must have come from goals be they PVP, Thug life, story line, stat increases or other.

It's just like I've noticed from a PVP goal and a stat goal I've received two Exeleros so far which are respect purchasable at level 115 and beyond.

for spreadsheet I'm using a modified CC_All_Stats V101

dudeman
10-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Do you have a Hardened Shotgun?

I'm guessing you have only 1. Each one came with +5 attack skill.

kitzune
10-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Do you have a Hardened Shotgun?

I'm guessing you have only 1. Each one came with +5 attack skill.

I have a lot of different shotguns but not the hardened shotgun. I wasn't playing Crime city when that was offered. I thik it was mid Aug 2012 that I started so it would be close to a year after a lot of the old timers in the game.

dudeman
10-23-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't remember, do we start with some skill points on hand at level 1?

I'm starting to feel like my numbers are not adding up too when I do the math... But I don't remember everything you start with on a fresh account, so maybe my math is wrong.

Edit: Are you sure it's 50 energy we started with and not 100?

kitzune
10-23-2012, 03:30 PM
fairly certain.

Has anyone started a secondary account recently?

KizbotBro
10-24-2012, 02:07 AM
start with 100. definite.

dudeman
10-24-2012, 11:15 AM
start with 100. definite.

Thanks, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure.