PDA

View Full Version : Question for Free/Tapjoy players - AirCraft Carriers and Stealth Bombers

Maverick50727
10-22-2012, 10:04 AM
This is for people who haven't bought their economy without spending ANY real $ on the the game.

I just crossed a threshold last week when I bought my 100th Aircraft Carrier 5.4 mill each. (also have 60 Nuclear Subs 6.2 mil each) L178 690K IPH

I was just wonder how many people out there have been able to do the same being a free player and only using tapjoy gold? If you have, post your accomplishment and your level and IPH. I'm sure many campers have been able to do this. But I wonder how many free players above L150 there are that have been able to as they probably haven't camped much in their history.

I myself have olny spent $1 and a $15 gift card to get my composites. My 2 solar arrays came from tapjoy and also the composites if I hadn't accidentally spent some gold on opens and rapid expansions. But I didn't want to bother tech support for my stupidity and not paying attention. The amount I spent replaced what lost unintentionally, so I still consider myself a 100% free player. But it allowed me to make a small donation to Funzio/Gree for the game and enjoyment I had got thus far from playing.

Fun
10-22-2012, 10:45 AM
I have only opened a couple of tapjoy single crates
Heres my stats and stuff

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/Markzehh/9b3fe84040eac436364d6ded75fb4b95.jpg

EnjoyLife
10-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Free player here.
1.3 million IPH
Level 82
60 Aircraft Carriers

Ryans67
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm a gold player, 850K income per hour, and I still don't have a single aircraft carrier!!!! Definately have to appreciate your accomplishment, even more so doing it without gold. I find it tough to choose between upgrading my IPH, or upgrading my army. Building an army in these tough economic times is tough to do. :D

Fl@sh
10-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Hey! We're not supposed to start threads with the intent of excluding others... hahaha

JohnnyR
10-22-2012, 11:14 AM
I have six more upgrades to my Advanced Air Base before I can buy a single SB, lol. And I'm RU!

Poopenshire
10-22-2012, 11:16 AM
I purchased a total of 4 vaults, most of which went to buildings, and a few crates. I had started down the path of ACs and SBs with my current IPH of 810K. I have about 43 ACs right now in all honesty I am not seeing the benefit of those units. At max of 2000 of each my max raw score would be 100K, and with the right boost might reach 130K.

First the expense of attaining this, then throw on the cost of maintaining that seems like no matter how much your IPH is you cannot survive a long protracted battle soley based on these units.

Before my last camping session I was starting to build a group of loot units for my army. This will be backed up by cash units and as well event loot, but a pure cash army does not seem reasonable nor effective with the units that are available in the current PVP environment.

Maverick50727
10-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Free player here.
1.3 million IPH
Level 82
60 Aircraft Carriers

LOL Your are like a king among campers. You should be able to afford an army of them by the time you level up. By then, maybe they will have added some better cash units.

Poopenshire
10-22-2012, 11:43 AM
As a follow up, in just defense I lose atleast 1 AC a week usually 2 or 3, now that is easily funded by my income, but I am starting to get the point all my upgrades will cost a pretty penny. I have not even touched on the notion of attacking with those units. Someone like who loses on average 4 units per attack, and I attacked 10 times per day, this is really low, would lose 40 units in just 10 attacks. thats 24 million in units lost just in those 10 little attacks. it goes up significantly from there.

Maverick50727
10-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I purchased a total of 4 vaults, most of which went to buildings, and a few crates. I had started down the path of ACs and SBs with my current IPH of 810K. I have about 43 ACs right now in all honesty I am not seeing the benefit of those units. At max of 2000 of each my max raw score would be 100K, and with the right boost might reach 130K.

First the expense of attaining this, then throw on the cost of maintaining that seems like no matter how much your IPH is you cannot survive a long protracted battle soley based on these units.

Before my last camping session I was starting to build a group of loot units for my army. This will be backed up by cash units and as well event loot, but a pure cash army does not seem reasonable nor effective with the units that are available in the current PVP environment.
I hear you and understand. I also farm high end loot to increase my stats too. Kicker to spend 5-6mil for a unit to only go +10 or so in stats, when I can get 3-4 Brigands a day which have doulbe the stats.

On the other side, consumption rates of them are really low. I have 100AC and can't remmebr the last time I lost one. While I have 200 Brigands and 70% of the time I lose a unit it is a Brigand.

Jhenry02
10-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Where is the best place to farm a brigand lightning? I got one from the Inner Sea Canal Advanced Destroyer on 4 hits of like 160 each. Tried farming it again and got no drops. Is there a place that has a higher drop % for the BL?

-Jason

bernz8
10-22-2012, 03:24 PM
100% free player, level 104, 605K IPH, and currently have 56 aircraft carriers.

I've used tapjoy gold for a composites factory (which I've upgraded to level 10), some crates and a geothermal plant.

Thief
10-22-2012, 04:00 PM
Yea you guys are a little out of my league.... Im only level 67 right now with just over 900kIPH but i want to buy 500-750 B-52's (Currently have 100) and 500-750 SSD (Currently have 165) before i start buying those.

My goal was to hit 1 Million IPH before i even tried to buy either AC or SD and Hit 1.5 Million IPH when im reaching 500 of AC and SD. (And thus probably start hitting whale territory)

I do completely agree that those units are not reasonable to reach 2000 of each (and actually attack in the game) but at the same time it's the only variable we can control.

Poopenshire
10-22-2012, 04:04 PM
Where is the best place to farm a brigand lightning? I got one from the Inner Sea Canal Advanced Destroyer on 4 hits of like 160 each. Tried farming it again and got no drops. Is there a place that has a higher drop % for the BL?

-Jason

Thats the best place. I get one about every 3 completions. PM me for other stuff you can "farm"

commandNconquer
10-22-2012, 05:01 PM
i have ;
23,8k fights won
1,1M income
50 AC and 30 SB but don't use them
10$ spent

about to hit whale territory!

General Soviet
10-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Since my meatshield engineers are being torn apart as we speak, I should get to work buying more carriers. I have 47 SSDs right now, since I used 10 million plus on them alone.

Poopenshire
10-22-2012, 05:18 PM
I currently have 800 SSD. They form the meatshield portion of my defense. I csn easily buy them if they die.

Thunder Child
10-22-2012, 05:49 PM
I'm not sure what I am - I have bought gold in the past but stopped several months ago; I used Tapjoy mercilessly until offers dried up in Korea; and I move from camping to playing modes depending on events and my strategic needs...

Aircraft carriers? I have 145... I try to add one a day if I'm not using my cash elsewhere (actually started buying more building plots recently in the expectation of fresh buildings around the corner).

Stealth bombers? No plans to buy any while I'm successfully farming other more powerful air units...

Товарищ
10-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Below 140k IPH here, lvl53, 13 allies (11 effing grunts!), A/D about 1800/1700, country.. you can guess... ;)
Saving for 2x Space centers atm and then 2nd nuclear PP, as I'm in no big need of more def the AC will have to wait until after that (got the drydocks at lvl3 though), as for the SB, they'll have to wait until I need the extra attack.

What does SSD stand for?

Col.34w
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
I have 48 Aircraft Carriers, 260 Mine Launchers, hundreds of Sea Scouts and Cruisers. My strategy has been built on a strong defensive fleet and a decent IPH. Playing as UK with a level 8 naval boost. 200+ def skill points. I have my tap joy composite at level ten. Level 117 682k. iPH. 46k att. 5ok def. I have spent about 20$. I finally got around to finding some great loot and have been kicking myself for not taking advantage of some of the high level maps that are available to me. The BL takes 688 energy to drop every time and clearly has better stats than what I can buy with game cash.

Tanner
10-23-2012, 05:38 AM
For your consideration:
There is a cost that is occasionally forgotten, EXPERIENCE POINTS. If you're in NO hurry to join the whales, leave the BLs alone or you will soon find yourself swimming in the deep end. Interesting that instead of releasing any new units greeD introduced higher stat loot items that cause people to level up. Clever, I'd say.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-23-2012, 05:51 AM
What does SSD stand for?

Stealth Surveillance Drone

manbeast
10-23-2012, 08:13 AM
still cant bring myself to buy aircraft carriers. i only have 1 lol. can't stop working on economy. around 1.1 million now

Thief
10-23-2012, 08:55 AM
still cant bring myself to buy aircraft carriers. i only have 1 lol. can't stop working on economy. around 1.1 million now

It's a Disease Manbeast! I told myself i would focus on something else when i reached 1 million but it will be so hard to do so (and should reach that point in another 2 weeks) I have no need to upgrade anything but Money buildings at the moment as the Boosts are minimal in comparison to simply buying a few troops and time is valuable (Its the one factor i'm learning to balance well...with the exception of last night when i had a 4 hour dead zone due to a dinner party) I know you are going for level 10 oil Rigs too which is awesome...but good lord they are going to be expensive!

Chimera
10-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I am saving my Tapjoy gold for the Composite bldg. I'm level 11 with $400k iph. Currently, I have 80 AC's and 80 SB's. I keep $10 mil in the vault so when I accumulate $46 mil I purchase 4 AC's and 4 SB's then I add 1 ally. Currently, I have 20 allies, 80 AC's and 80 SB's. All my income bldgs are at 10. I'm upgrading my airbase to 9 at a cost just over $20 mil. So, the money I accumulate goes either to upgrades or unit purchases in sets of 4. No "purchased" gold.

Thief
10-24-2012, 08:59 AM
I am saving my Tapjoy gold for the Composite bldg. I'm level 11 with $400k iph. Currently, I have 80 AC's and 80 SB's. I keep $10 mil in the vault so when I accumulate $46 mil I purchase 4 AC's and 4 SB's then I add 1 ally. Currently, I have 20 allies, 80 AC's and 80 SB's. All my income bldgs are at 10. I'm upgrading my airbase to 9 at a cost just over $20 mil. So, the money I accumulate goes either to upgrades or unit purchases in sets of 4. No "purchased" gold.

Wow and here i thought Dreno was the ultimate Camper! That means you've been playing since at least march (i believe it was around that time that they changed level req. for second Tier Unit Buildings) Do you plan on trying to participate in any of the Boss events? With stats like that i'm assuming you could make it pretty far (although beating 35 bosses would make you level 6? times since your such a low level so you would need to account for the influx of troops you need ahead of time.

Maverick50727
10-24-2012, 09:58 AM
For your consideration:
There is a cost that is occasionally forgotten, EXPERIENCE POINTS. If you're in NO hurry to join the whales, leave the BLs alone or you will soon find yourself swimming in the deep end. Interesting that instead of releasing any new units greeD introduced higher stat loot items that cause people to level up. Clever, I'd say.

Caught on to that did you? I saw the same thing back when they first came out with the Central America map way back when. Notice how the A/D of the top boss had been trending slowly increasing points in A/D, both or better consumption. Then they tripled suddenly between the Aerospace Osprey 24A/16D North American West\Space Command Center\Blake Sheppard unlocked at L85 to the Brigand Lightning 99A/80D Central America\The Peninsula\Pedro Casimiro unlocked at L87 when the new area maps were introduced. L90 was start of the whale zone then and they had been complaining about not having people/victims in their Rivals, coincidence?

LOL now everyone won't level up trying to get those TR's and BL's. Yes there is always a cost of getting those units and doing so quick. BL are best farmed at a cost of 276-296 total energy and requires a player to be L97 or L115 which puts them already in whale land, so they can also be a defense.

Force10JC
10-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Can the FREE Tapjoy gold be accessed with a Kindle Fire or are they strictly phone apps?

obi
10-24-2012, 11:09 AM
I've never spent a single thin dime on MW.
Lvl 92. 46.7k A, 56.1k D.
96 Aircraft Carriers

Something that I don't get - my def no longer goes up when I add a new AC. I bumped my ally count by 50, and still no love from the carrier.

Any thoughts?

EnjoyLife
10-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I just bought another 30 aircraft carriers last night. I now have 90 of them.

Ryans67
10-24-2012, 12:20 PM
I've never spent a single thin dime on MW.
Lvl 92. 46.7k A, 56.1k D.
96 Aircraft Carriers

Something that I don't get - my def no longer goes up when I add a new AC. I bumped my ally count by 50, and still no love from the carrier.

Any thoughts?

On the Ipad, the stats are updated instantly. On the iphone, the stats aren't updated until you restart the app. It will also update after a couple minutes, but I don't like to wait. Try it out.