PDA

View Full Version : Hadn't thought about that damn it

Hivesy
10-21-2012, 02:59 PM
OK so like most of the rest of you I virtually wet my pants that I could beat more than 10 bosses on this event as usually I dont get too far being over level 100. 15 came and went and I was starting to weigh up how much gold I was going to have to spend to finish off the last couple of bosses. Finally I was going to beat an event and get a top prize!

Erm, nah. As I approached boss 20 it started to dawn on me that medi packs or not it was costing me huge sums of cash per hit, and as the hit numbers went up I was running low on cash. Boss 20 came and went, I even got to 25 (my personal record) and had used maybe 5 medi packs but at £230k per hit I just didn't have enough cash to carry on!

I could have done the super hit for gold I suppose, or I could have bought more cash with gold also, but that wasn't ever going to happen for a light gold spender like me. I would have medi packed it through to 35 potentially but I can't afford extra gold on top of that.

Such a shame.

I want to say thanks to GREE for finally listening to us on this. I've had more fun on this boss event than all the others added together, I even spent some gold which I haven't done before, so job done there for you guys I suppose. I just hadn't factored in the cash needed to beat the bosses also.

I think boss 35 for me would be £330k x approx 25 hits = nearly £8mil. So between 25 where I stopped and 35 to win I think I would need approx £45mil.

I have NEVER had that kind of cash on hand. How on earth have any of you lot done this? Do you save up cash before events? Do you just have that kind of cash on hand? At higher levels it must be even more expensive!

Poopenshire
10-21-2012, 03:02 PM
This was discussed about 4 bosses ago. Some of us were talking about how much to save and we decided to try to never go below vault for the bosses to ensure we get the most out of them. I got a personal best 24 bosses this time. Gave me 3 rares and 6 uncommon.

Hivesy
10-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Nice going poop, ha beat you by one :)

Did you use any medi packs or is that 24 with no gold at all? I could do a few more bosses with only one medi pack each but my point is that it's the cash stopping me progressing now not gold. Seems crazy as normally I feel in game cash is almost disposable with its unimportance when going for gold units.

Zoltarov
10-21-2012, 03:30 PM
You have to go as long as possible on free hits. This will give you lots of extra cash to use in higher bosses.

Fl@sh
10-21-2012, 03:34 PM
The last events boss 35 cost well over 18 million for me. Total cost for all bosses was well over 70 million.

Hivesy
10-21-2012, 04:11 PM
The last events boss 35 cost well over 18 million for me. Total cost for all bosses was well over 70 million.

Wow Flash just wow. I know you're a higher level but I'm never going to have that kind of cash available.

Tctiger
10-21-2012, 04:48 PM
Its crazy having to pay this much cash plus gold just to play an event, and a real pain when you get distracted and mess up.

Poopenshire
10-21-2012, 04:49 PM
Mine was comoletely no gold. I use cash hits from the start so i can trend my stats and project the final boss for event. At some point each new boss ends up being 1 additional cash hit till I max out.

Tctiger
10-21-2012, 04:58 PM
That's what I do too , I get to about 12 for free then do mainly free hits with couple cash hits ,then about 7 free hits rest cash , then all cash with about 4 free hits at end then all cash for last few levels , last few cost me over 1m a boss it's very expensive higher up .

Zoltarov
10-21-2012, 05:00 PM
For me in the end the boss event brings me more money than it cost me in total cash hits, but I am lvl 93.
The last boss cost me 2,7M in cash hits, but the reward for boss 35 was 2,1M. So the actual cost was 600k.

Over all bosses I spend 20,7M in cash hits. I think my total reward for defeating each boss was more than that.

Jhenry02
10-21-2012, 05:12 PM
I made it to 16 on no gold, got 2 rares and 2 or 3 uncommons. I just can't deal enough damage to get beyond that. But it was nice, usually atopped at boss 7.

Ryans67
10-21-2012, 06:44 PM
I've got like $80 million if you really need some hivesy... Just let me know if you can still see level 129.

Hivesy
10-22-2012, 04:14 AM
ha ha stop showing off Ryan :)

I'm happy stopping at 25, just a bit frustrating/weird that it should be cash stopping me from progressing rather than lack of gold. GREE might want to address that because they are kind of shooting themselves in the foot. I know you win cash for killing bosses but unlike others it doesn't seem to cover my outgoings and it doesn't help me saving up the cash in the first place. I can't see the point/benefit of making the boss require so much in game cash, it just seems to get in the way of people using gold and earning GREE real money....

My final numbers were 6 rares, 2 of each kind. 6 uncommon, at least 1 of each kind. 13 commons. Bloody good couple of day's work.

MadManDK
10-22-2012, 05:39 AM
Anybody remember the formula to calculate what you get in cash from killing a boss?

Ryans67
10-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Well I might be in the same situation as you now. I was nervous leveling to 130, so I spent everything to get me under vault. I have $9 million to finish 8 more bosses. You'll know when I run out, buildings will be missing...:D

Vballmadam
10-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Ryan you should have waited until after the boss

Ryans67
10-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Yea definately should have. All these whale stories made nervous, and of course nobody has bothered me! Boss 28 is taking $280k per hit, and 19 hits. I'll get through boss 30 before I start selling buildings. It's a nice problem to have, considering the boss used to take 2-3,000 gold, and now itll take 400ish.

Miner
10-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah - I posted a thread about the differences between the boss even prior to level 101 and the event after level 101. My main point was that the cash requirements doubled -- and no one had really talked about that very much. Boss 35 costs $360k per cash hit in the level 101-150 tier.

On this past boss event, I made it to boss #30 before I needed medpacks. I still needed $60,820,000 in cash to deliver all the cash attacks. Fortunately, I went into the event with around $50mil on hand and can collected around $12mil a day without doing any PvP or PvE so I could support myself.