PDA

View Full Version : BIG glitch with the epic bosses...

Mr.Grumpy
10-20-2012, 11:59 AM
if the boss appears when the unit you're attacking is supposed to drop loot, sometimes the loot isn't dropped.

i was on the last attack of "ghyslian anselme" ($5.8 mil - $17.4 mil) in the "hidden missile base" and when i attacked, the epic boss appeared and no loot.

so frustrating. to kill this unit it takes 21,000 energy which takes days!!

this has been going on since the first epic boss. when are they going to fix it?

Dry
10-20-2012, 12:01 PM
It happen to me every time I attack

Fl@sh
10-20-2012, 12:07 PM
When are we going to learn to not hit map bosses during a boss event? Granted, it's crappy we have to modify our gameplay because of programming missteps, but when will we learn? A new thread is started about this during every boss event.

Wdigeorge
10-20-2012, 12:09 PM
This happened to me more times than I can count

Ryans67
10-20-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm with Flash.... It's easier for me to learn how to avoid known problems then to expect Gree to fix them.

Send a ticket, describe what happened, and make sure you tell them that you swear for a slight second you saw something called an orbital hammer, but you could not find it in your inventory. lol.

Dry
10-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Hahaha nice one ,,

jay_usher
10-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Ha gd luck with this! I got the big f u when I sent a ticket on this one!

Mr.Grumpy
10-20-2012, 12:18 PM
they should at least say "WARNING, you just got screwed" an then "WARNING, epic boss approaching".

sorry for the new thread. flash, good advice about adjusting gameplay.

i always forget about the bosses, because normally i don't get very far with them. so even though the events last for a week, i've gone as far as i can go in the first hour or so.

Arizona
10-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Yeah seriously, if I was onto a PvE with that much hard work involved, I'd be more careful what I did to trigger a boss.
Learn to have a boss triggering map only.
I always go to Insurgent map for boss triggers.
Perhaps most of all, before you hit something, take a good look in the top left of your screen, no warning triangle clearly means "Warning" and it's time for you to trigger a boss in another map.

I'm not with the send a ticket crowd on this, but hey, go ahead. The last time I expressed my opinion on being more careful, CCM disagreed with me and sided with the player. Maybe you will get some positive feedback. No harm in trying.

Dr. Dengus
10-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Can maybe send a polite ticket, then PM CJ54 or CCM w/ your ticket number. Might lead you nowhere but worth a try.

Mr.Grumpy
10-20-2012, 12:34 PM
nah, i'm not going to send a ticket. lesson learned. and they obviously know about it.

Blackstone
10-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Yep. Known issue, don't do PVE before triggering a boss.

General Soviet
10-20-2012, 01:40 PM
This has always happened to me, so try activating the boss beforehand.

Fl@sh
10-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Once I beat the boss, I always trigger the boss at the first map before doing any PvE bosses. I would definitely send in a ticket because that couple million is a lot of time invested, and time is one thing I always want to get compensated for.

Col.34w
10-20-2012, 06:05 PM
The first time I gotten ripped off I sent a ticket and was compensated a few million, but that was many bosses ago. Now when I send a ticket I get the same answer. "the glitch is deep in the code and we are working on it." no compensation and a survey..
How deep could the code be? Why not delay the boss a few seconds after an action? I can't understand how this has not been resolved by now. Ok, I can!

CJ54
10-21-2012, 12:04 AM
It took us awhile to find out what was causing this because it was buried in the basic way that jobs are triggered (which is code as old as Crime City). It required a client update to fix (the kind you have to download from the app store), and that fix is going out in the next update.

Feng1234
10-21-2012, 12:07 AM
It took us awhile to find out what was causing this because it was buried in the basic way that jobs are triggered (which is code as old as Crime City). It required a client update to fix (the kind you have to download from the app store), and that fix is going out in the next update.

Wile you are at it, could you please fix the issue where you can only see 50 requests at a time. If its intentional, could you please add a way for us to how many requests we have in total? Support have no idea.

I have also sent you a Pm about this issue. Thanks.

jimb0b
10-22-2012, 09:02 AM
this might seem like a stupid question but what bosses?

I have never come across any bosses and I am now level 62?

First time I have heard of 'bosses'

Is there a glitch where I do not face them or I am missing something obvious

Cheers
Jim