PDA

View Full Version : The Boss and boosts

Arizona
10-19-2012, 05:35 AM
I'm aware I should know this but I've forgotten and it might be helpful for new players if someone can answer this.
Are any boosts used for attacking bosses? Thank:) you

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-19-2012, 05:54 AM
Yes, invisible boosts, which are activated after you chant the following: boost me up, boost me down, invisible boosts all around.

Arizona
10-19-2012, 06:18 AM
That's not the answer I was looking for, but if I do that, which invisible boosts are you saying will work? Also, does it matter when I do this so called "chant"? Before midnight, after midnight? Don't be so vague. I need answers.
Thank you again for any help.

Giedrybe
10-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Arizona, some events ago, I finished one boost building upgrade while fighting boss. No increase in hit spotted.

Regarding country boost - no idea as well. The percentage of my boosted attack vs boss hit value varies every time, even though I have not touched boost buildings since then.

Remembering Ferr vs CCM - I understood that boost units should work against boss, but majority/all of them don't.

BigD@wg
10-19-2012, 07:24 AM
To my knowledge, the only boost that works with boss is the faster health regeneration. I have seen no additional attack strength from boost buildings or units with invisible boosted attack strength.

albeezy
10-19-2012, 07:27 AM
The units with boosts that do not work on the boss, aka the invisible boosts, are the assault bear +20% attack from ground units, the Guerilla Striker + 20% attack from air units, and the Ragnarok Battlecruiser +20% attack from sea units. They do not work per CCMark. They are also supposed to work for PVP and allegedly work invisibly on the server. Thank goodness "It's being looked into!" LOL

Arizona
10-19-2012, 07:45 AM
Thanks all for your input. Looking at my spreadsheet of units, I get the feeling that the only boost added to your attack is the country one.
My LLP is pretty much dead on accurate with what I get and what I expect... it's actually out by 4 points always regardless of what I add, so I'm sure that's an input error on my behalf.
I only add the country boost (UK) to my LLP and the numbers seem to be, bar 4 points, pretty much there.

albeezy
10-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Thanks all for your input. Looking at my spreadsheet of units, I get the feeling that the only boost added to your attack is the country one.
My LLP is pretty much dead on accurate with what I get and what I expect... it's actually out by 4 points always regardless of what I add, so I'm sure that's an input error on my behalf.
I only add the country boost (UK) to my LLP and the numbers seem to be, bar 4 points, pretty much there.

In KA attack skill points add +4 attack damage to bosses...

Mcdoc
10-19-2012, 08:17 AM
I'm pretty sure for the Boss it is your Raw attack. I just looked at my HLP from my LLP (different nation boost) and my HLP Raw attack is 118,774k. I just did 115,729k attack on the Boss - so it looks like there are no boosts whatsoever unless somehow there is the invisible fairy dust boost if you own one of Tinkerbell's prizes.

Arizona
10-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Well I know the free hits are always around 66% of your raw attack. I've noticed as cash hits get used, they start off around par with your raw attack (+country boost?), then over time increase. I'm quite sure the last attack I made in the previous boss event was way above my raw attack.

On a slightly different matter, what I think, is the boss "toughness" seems to rise exponentially or in a parabolic manner. If you bother to plot the damage numbers per boss and keep as many things as possible constant, you'll see as you get to the higher boss numbers, a graph of your kills starts to rise very steeply. In simple words, you're lured in thinking you can beat the boss; fail but think what the hell, use gold and get closer. Use gold, not close enough, buy more.... and you know where this is going! Not a criticism, just an observation.

Blackstone
10-19-2012, 09:18 AM
I agree with the above sentiment. No boosts what so ever used for a boss. I'm also pretty sure your nation boost is not even included.

Fun
10-19-2012, 09:35 AM
My boss attack stats show up as 2k more than what my profile says, I have 100 skill points on attack, I don't understand how that makes 2k+ more

Ferr
10-19-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm aware I should know this but I've forgotten and it might be helpful for new players if someone can answer this.
Are any boosts used for attacking bosses? Thank:) you
If you send in a ticket you will receive confirmation that the boosts do not work on the boss and that they do work in pvp. As to the boss gree finally tells the truth
As to pvp they are still telling lies, proven by the bp- test. Gree says that the pvp test is invalid as the bp would be determined only by level. We know for a fact that this is not true which you can test yourself. Attack various players with the same level and you will see a difference in bp. My conclusion: invisible boosts do not work at all, nor for bosses nor in pvp.
By the way, even if invisible boosts do work i have not spend money for invisible cloths.
Yours,
Ferr