PDA

View Full Version : We want Gunshop to Buy Weapon Upgrades

Burn
10-18-2012, 04:42 PM
This fusing gig on new Monster Quest game, bring it here to Crime City and call it Weapon Upgrade, allow us to...

Fuse/upgrade obsolete inventory items to upgrade to Common level.

Fuse/upgrade Common items to create Uncommon/Rare items.

Fuse/upgrade Uncommon items to create Rare items.

Game money, Respect and Gold options. All give upgrades of varying strength.

Sorted, by this time next week, get on with it.

dudeman
10-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Plus one gazillion!

:cool:

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 04:48 PM
As much as I like the idea...I feel like the rare rate has been tinkered with to a point that allows them a substantial profit margin...

...This feature would be cutting into said profit margin, so I doubt this would be a very inviting feature for them to implement.

mxz
10-18-2012, 04:53 PM
As much as I like the idea...I feel like the rare rate has been tinkered with to a point that allows them a substantial profit margin...

...This feature would be cutting into said profit margin, so I doubt this would be a very inviting feature for them to implement.Word on the street is MW is implementing something similar. Heck, they might even be beta-ing it right now. I DON'T EVEN KNOW, THEY'RE CAAARAZZZY.

So, if it makes money and enriches the game play for those folks it's not crazy to think they'd bring it to CC at some point.

chbranch
10-18-2012, 04:56 PM
Not a bad idea....

HenryVIII
10-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I actually submitted something like this idea during that survey thing they did.

Steve0
10-18-2012, 05:04 PM
Up Grade the Rusty M4A1 to regular ones. There I said it before any one else. would be cool. Mabe a gold building. Something I can use my TJ gold for.

Vile Lynn
10-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Up Grade the Rusty M4A1 to regular ones. There I said it before any one else.

Upgrade the rusty ones?? lol, the old M4s need an upgrade! I don't think I use them anymore... Or maybe 15-20 of my 420+ farmed.

Burn - good idea, but this is a very, very old suggestion & obviously never implemented.

Mikecore
10-18-2012, 05:50 PM
If this is going to happen, I will upgrade all my butterfly knives to lion-o's swords. true story!

KemoKidd
10-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Billionaire had a similiar idea where there would be a "bomb factory" to build non consumable bombs. Here is a list of our ideas that he sent to ccm to which ccm said he presented to his bosses:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36751-SUMMARY-What-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City-so-far........

The sad thing is only 5 of the many things on this list have seen a change!

Jian Carlo
10-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Good suggestion Burn and one that should be beneficial to players of all levels and also to Gree if they aren't too Greedy.

Zendfrim
10-18-2012, 08:44 PM
This fusing gig on new Monster Quest game, bring it here to Crime City and call it Weapon Upgrade, allow us to...

Fuse/upgrade obsolete inventory items to upgrade to Common level.

Fuse/upgrade Common items to create Uncommon/Rare items.

Fuse/upgrade Uncommon items to create Rare items.

Game money, Respect and Gold options. All give upgrades of varying strength.

Sorted, by this time next week, get on with it.This is the first time i have ever agreed with burn on anything.

Cricket
10-18-2012, 10:00 PM
Great idea

there would have to be basic limits on what a gun can be upgraded to based on cost or else people might keep fusing the cheapest guns they have to the best ones many times over until it had ridiculous stats for a relatively cheap cost.
That would be my one concern.

DenZ1
10-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Great idea. Will bring some new strategies and fun back into the game. Will keep players busy given the level of inventories accumulated over time.

Bring it on!!!!! Mark, can you please throw this idea to business analysts and developers?

TruthHurts
10-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Good idea! Now good luck getting them to do it!

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Should be here around the time they fix the Cobra Roadster :p

dudeman
10-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Should be here around the time they fix the Cobra Roadster :p

There are a few "ifs" involved, but that modifier might (finally) be working as early as next week.

Patrick616
10-18-2012, 11:04 PM
They need to do something! I as well as many others have many items that are obsolete including respect items. What good is gaining respect points if you cant use them on anything! Sure a large amount looks nice to have but they need to figure out a way to allow us to either upgrade weapons with gold or with respect! Gree created the dilemma by continually adding powerful weapons to the point many of the limited gold items from 1 year ago are not relevant!

Heck my first upgrade will be my low rider to the new "golden lowrider" I think a golden lowrider is worth 2x the value of the lowrider! So, 12A, 12D!

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Heck my first upgrade will be my low rider to the new "golden lowrider" I think a golden lowrider is worth 2x the value of the lowrider! So, 12A, 12D!

Even in the days of Funzio...item names made NO sense. :p My main argument is that the police baton (3/8) is stronger than the reinforced police baton (1/3). Must have been reinforced with confetti. Or cheese.

They'll make a golden lowrider with 4/4 stat's just because :D

Burn
10-19-2012, 12:03 AM
This is the first time i have ever agreed with burn on anything.

That comment says far more about you than it does about me ;)

Patrick616
10-19-2012, 12:41 AM
I submitted an idea of a weapon exchange. One could post items they don't want or need for sale and others can browse and either accept your offer or counter offer! I don't see why this would be an issue with Gree!

Player A buys an item for 60 gold! It is no longer useful so they put it up for sale! They sell it to player B for 40 Gold. I fail to see how EVERYONE involved in the transaction would not be happy!

Player A now has 40 gold for an item that was useless to him/het

Player B has an item that boosts his/her stats for a reasonable price

Gree has now gotten 100 gold for an item they sold for 60.

honeybadger
10-19-2012, 03:15 AM
Just to expand on that idea...I think there needs to be an Airport.

I'd like to buy a dirt strip airfield and uprgrading it to the size of LAX or Heathrow. Some new private and commercial jets to buy and use them to run my weapons to Sierra Leonne essentially maybe trade weapons for diamonds, or to Colombia for cocaine. From there create a whole new class of weapons/vehicles/buildings that can be purchased with drugs/diamonds etc.

Throw in a Marina so we can run used vehicles to Nigeria or wherever and in return we get humans being trafficked back to us that we can use towards purchases as well - store em in the warehouse (making that useful). Maybe integrate oil into as well.

Just throwing out ideas. Haven't thought them through. If we can sell buildings we should be able to sell anything. I'd rather see a process that makes the game more interesting as opposed to just being able to hit 'sell'.

Coldjoey
10-19-2012, 05:20 AM
Sell anything? What do you think I could see my henchmen for, or could I combine two or more to make a big hulk of a man capable of carrying extra weapons. Or fuse a henchman with the captains sharp shooter and make a Robocop, eh eh you now it makes senses.

Patrick616
10-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Sell anything? What do you think I could see my henchmen for, or could I combine two or more to make a big hulk of a man capable of carrying extra weapons. Or fuse a henchman with the captains sharp shooter and make a Robocop, eh eh you now it makes senses.

LMAO! That would be great to enter someones hood and see The Hulk as their avatar!

Too add upon the whole henchman thing it just seems like an incomplete idea to even have them. Henchman serve virtually no purpose at all. It is simple to add mafia. Henchman should carry some weight. I can't recall who made the comment about buying henchman for your defensive buildings (got a good laugh) but that would be an idea. Or you can carry up to 25 henchman as extra mafia above the 500. Overall they just need to complete the idea of the henchman.