PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play with significantly less than full mob?

Luciferianism
10-18-2012, 10:32 AM
What's it like having a lot less than 500 mafia?
How many do you have?
My stats are 51674 attack and it's not so great up in shark tank, was considering lowering mafia count.

Olly1
10-18-2012, 10:44 AM
I yo-yo from ~300 to 500. Very boring down low but easy to no bank and save money. 500 is to have a little more fun and challenge your player. You'll rarely lose anything at low mafia.

P.s at 15 mafia it's a massive sea of no bankers, great way to earn shed loads of cash ;)

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 10:45 AM
How many do you have?
My stats are 51674 attack and it's not so great up in shark tank, was considering lowering mafia count.

I'm sitting on 345 right now. I'm trying to fill in respect items and farmable so my stats truly grow instead of just throwing more 10/10 items into the mix. If anyone remembers the study I did, adding lots of mafia made significantly less and less impact if you weren't adding in items to bolster your mafia. So before I go into the shark tank, I want to make sure I'm ready with enough weapons to support me :)

Gaming Will
10-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Ditto to the other 2 replies. I was at 350 mafia for awhile and no banked. Saved lots of dough with occasional hits from equal stat players. I've been at 500 + mafia for some time, held my own but I had to bank my money for security. It really depends on your goal/motive for doing so.

Coldjoey
10-18-2012, 11:07 AM
How many do you have?
WARNING!!!
If you are going to drop mafia, stop all robberies and attacks for at least a few days. You don't want someone tracking you via thier news page after you drop defence.

dudeman
10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm sitting on 345 right now. I'm trying to fill in respect items and farmable so my stats truly grow instead of just throwing more 10/10 items into the mix. If anyone remembers the study I did, adding lots of mafia made significantly less and less impact if you weren't adding in items to bolster your mafia. So before I go into the shark tank, I want to make sure I'm ready with enough weapons to support me :)

I tried to do that, way back when. My rivals ist threw a curveball at me though and kept putting me up against full mobs when I was sitting around 300, so I just said forget it, mobbed up, and never looked back.

Using 10/10 items is better than using 1/1 or nothing at all. The items fill in over time.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but speaking of items filling in over time, does anyone else with 400+ M4A1s still use them? I'm not sorting through that mess of an inventory list, but I'm pretty sure most if not all of my M4A1s are collecting dust.

kitzune
10-18-2012, 11:16 AM
WARNING!!!
If you are going to drop mafia, stop all robberies and attacks for at least a few days. You don't want someone tracking you via thier news page after you drop defence.

depending on how much activity you can stay on someone's news feed for a month or plus or maybe only a week.

Gaming Will
10-18-2012, 11:19 AM
WARNING!!!

Valid point!

TRAZ
10-18-2012, 11:31 AM
I routinely play the drop mafia game. :)

murf
10-18-2012, 11:38 AM
I tried to do that, way back when. My rivals ist threw a curveball at me though and kept putting me up against full mobs when I was sitting around 300, so I just said forget it, mobbed up, and never looked back.

Using 10/10 items is better than using 1/1 or nothing at all. The items fill in over time.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but speaking of items filling in over time, does anyone else with 400+ M4A1s still use them? I'm not sorting through that mess of an inventory list, but I'm pretty sure most if not all of my M4A1s are collecting dust.

of my 362 M4-A1s, I use all for defense and 137 for attack

mxz
10-18-2012, 11:39 AM
From a game dynamic standpoint, people revenge attacking/robbing you after dropping mafia don't necessarily have better odds of beating you. Depending on how you two are equipped you may actually have an easier time winning those attacks.

Luciferianism
10-18-2012, 11:50 AM
What is the effect on boss events of having 300 or 350 mafia? Does it become harder then?

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 12:22 PM

I use all 46 of mine :p I was too late D:

The boss events...well I never have "trouble" but making it to 15 is about what I hit with my mafia. I still need to fill in with explosives and such but it won't exactly be the most difficult time either. It took a level up to finish 15 with my stats.

Auxilium
10-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I have 312 and using 225 of them. My strategy is also to keep it around this number untill level 100 and if i do good and have enough fun i keep it that way. But, since i'm a crawler on events that will take a long time and i might even have enough good items to go for 500. Maybe added with some good money items if my I.P.H. lets me.

Tomatoneverdie
10-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Just out of my curiosity, what is the average atk/def in the shark pool? And what is the cutoff for Top 10%?

Tomatoneverdie
10-18-2012, 12:41 PM
What is the effect on boss events of having 300 or 350 mafia? Does it become harder then?

I would think the Boss Event solely look at the total attack stat, so more mafia is always better, assuming you have enough equipment for each mafia....please correct if I am wrong.

Auxilium
10-18-2012, 01:01 PM
I would think the Boss Event solely look at the total attack stat, so more mafia is always better, assuming you have enough equipment for each mafia....please correct if I am wrong.
You're right.

kitzune
10-18-2012, 01:02 PM

part of that depends on level and what your attack and attack stat is given your mafia size. Check this thread by Billionaire (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40705-The-Billionaires-Guide-to-Boss-Events). Hopefully that threads gets stickied or added to best of best or updated best of best guides.

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Just out of my curiosity, what is the average atk/def in the shark pool? And what is the cutoff for Top 10%?

The last time I saw anybody enter was at level 175 there was a person posting about it...

Hopefully that threads gets stickied or added to best of best or updated best of best guides.

There's no chance of it getting added to the best of the best; Syn, the creator of that post, left us a long time ago.

CitrineMondeoRSi
10-18-2012, 01:40 PM
I roll with 298 mafia, stats of 28/24k (all free) at level 127 - usually get to level 13 on the bosses, successful robs/attacks against are thankfully fairly rare and no banking is an option but I have to watch who I annoy.... Last boss event I went back up to 500 and added approx 4k to stats, beat 15 bosses but instantly became massively weaker with regards to PvP. Didn't rob for a couple of days and dropped straight back down to sub 300 as soon as I was done with the boss event. If a quick trip up to 500 land is anything to go by, I'm not looking forward to the shark tank lol...

kitzune
10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
There's no chance of it getting added to the best of the best; Syn, the creator of that post, left us a long time ago.

CCM made a comment of adding a thread recently to Best of Best Guide. The thread was Ramshutu's Forum glossary (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40719-Crime-City-Forums-Beginners-Glossary)

Marth
10-18-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm just a bit over 200 mob right now. A couple weeks ago I tried to mass add over 100 requests at once and got my mob wiped due to some glitch. It's been difficult getting my mob back but I'm getting there.

PawnXIIX
10-18-2012, 03:39 PM
CCM made a comment of adding a thread recently to Best of Best Guide. The thread was Ramshutu's Forum glossary (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40719-Crime-City-Forums-Beginners-Glossary)

I wonder where he got that idea from... :p