PDA

View Full Version : 6 months into the game...My Experience thus far

kykboxr
10-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Gentlemen, hope all is well. Wanted to share my experiences with everyone as we all play the game differently and to possibly share some useful information. Before starting, I was a fan of the Storm8 games, however, the games though similar, play out very differently. While starting, I was big into defense and then economy. Once I got into the forums, I read a lot, stayed on top of the best of the best guides and looked over a bevy of models and economic projections/guides. I got to a point where I was 50 and 80 in win loss and frustrated. Didn't know WTF was happening. Took a step back, built a weaponry foundation, spent some gold, and suddenly I was fending off every attack. I was slowly crawling while building my economy. Didn't understand the first few events that took place ad lost the chance for a few weapons. As I started to read more, I was able to build a hood I was happy with, though, aesthetically it is too crowed with buildings on top of buildings. As I approached the game differently, I was able to build ad buy weapons to fend off everyone, however, my mafia size was around 150. I was too involved with building the economy that I let my mafia go weak as it expanded. When I accumulated $40M unbanked, I got to 300 mafia and built my first Nightclub (before I was making $90K an hour but played sparingly). Built the NC, and shortly after, for the first time in several months, I lost. At 300 mafia at Level 65 I was at 22000 attack and 25000 defense, though, I had 50 Gattling guns so my real defense was less. Suddenly, I lost again. Both of these people had a full mafia fully equipped, obviously with gold spent, but they were there ready to pounce. Instead of buying more weapons, I dropped my mafia to 249 and am sitting here as I'm at 36M ready for my second NC. Truth be told, if you have a solid mafia defense, at low levels you won't lose, however, you become very vulnerable at the high levels. I was naive thinking that I would fend off everyone. Not the case, became humbled after that experience. Now I have an L2 NC and will be building a second NC soon. As soon as its built, I'm dropping all mafia to under 50 and will build up my team. At low levels I'm well over 100 attack and defense PER mafia member.

The best thing that has happened for ME, is the boss events. Without trying, though leveling, you're pretty much guaranteed 12 free items. Regardless, I know all strategies are different, but that's sort if my game play. Feel free to add, will need to get to 300 mafia in the next few days.

nopenopenope
10-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Paragraphs son...

TonySpaghetti
10-18-2012, 08:35 AM
TLDR: seems like you went through a bit of analysis paralysis. I don't understand how you could have not understood the events.

Dipstik
10-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Click buildings, rob people. Try to get stronger, but don't worry about being the strongest. If you're trying to hover at a low level so you can be unbeatable, you're doing it wrong.

mxz
10-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Click buildings, rob people. Try to get stronger, but don't worry about being the strongest. If you're trying to hover at a low level so you can be unbeatable, you're doing it wrong.Actual legit strategy out of you?

F%#^& it, I quit.

Dhusagar
10-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Click buildings, rob people. Try to get stronger, but don't worry about being the strongest. If you're trying to hover at a low level so you can be unbeatable, you're doing it wrong.

Play your own game: work your own strategy. There is only one basic strategy - enjoy yourself doing what you do.

Oh, unless you meet Dippy - then blow the hell out of him and use all your explosives to do so!

Dipstik
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Oh yeah... and be sure you buy henchmen if you don't have enough. I see so many n00bs with defense buildings all over the place and no henchmen to maintain them. If you don't have at least one henchman for each defense building, you run into a problem where your actual defense isn't what shows up on your profile.

Edit: Sorry... forgot to point out where to get them. If you don't earn enough in game by completing jobs or opening event boxes, you can buy them under Store -> Special.

TonySpaghetti
10-18-2012, 09:37 AM
Oh yeah... and be sure you buy henchmen if you don't have enough. I see so many n00bs with defense buildings all over the place and no henchmen to maintain them. If you don't have at least one henchman for each defense building, you run into a problem where your actual defense isn't what shows up on your profile.

Sweet! That means that MXZ won't quit now.

kitzune
10-18-2012, 11:02 AM

Edit: Sorry... forgot to point out where to get them. If you don't earn enough in game by completing jobs or opening event boxes, you can buy them under Store -> Special.

I'm surprised with how much Dipstik praises the henchmen he hasn't stuck that into his signature.

Wait, never mind, then he wouldn't have as much to post........

Dipstik
10-18-2012, 11:11 AM
If I thought people looking for game advice would read my signature, then I would put my helpful hints there. Instead, when people make posts looking for game advice, I'm happy to help!

Tomatoneverdie
10-18-2012, 11:55 AM
My experience is somewhat similar to yours except the dropping mafia to stay under the radar part (not judging, like Dhusagar said, you play the game the way you choose to play)

Tips from this forum allows me to stay invincible amoung the free players and competitive among the big gold spenders. It also allows me to make friends that stays the hell out of my real life. We communicate regularly and share our preys. The best part, it doesnt take away my precious time with family because we do all the "hang out" in Crime City!

Auxilium
10-18-2012, 12:56 PM

I just bought 6 henchman for my 6 turrets but the defense hasn't changed.. Is it only for buildings? Tought turrets also needed to be occupied :mad:

Dipstik
10-18-2012, 01:14 PM
No, your stated defense won't change, but your ACTUAL defense goes up. You've heard of the problem with inflated defense stats? There's been plenty written about it here. It's because your defense buildings aren't fully staffed with henchmen! Now that your defense buildings are manned, your actual defense will be higher!

Chips
10-18-2012, 01:45 PM
If that's true, why don't you see them in the windows, or standing behind the guns or cannons? I don't think... Wait a sec, who the hell busted out the windows of my Sniper's Den? Sorry I doubted you, I was about to give you hell for making me waste gold.

Tomatoneverdie
10-18-2012, 02:21 PM
No, your stated defense won't change, but your ACTUAL defense goes up. You've heard of the problem with inflated defense stats? There's been plenty written about it here. It's because your defense buildings aren't fully staffed with henchmen! Now that your defense buildings are manned, your actual defense will be higher!

99% of me is calling this BS, but the other 1% is actually convinced!

kykboxr
10-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Now that your defense buildings are manned, your actual defense will be higher!

Best quote ever!!!

Beardy
10-18-2012, 03:41 PM
I just bought 6 henchman for my 6 turrets but the defense hasn't changed.. Is it only for buildings? Tought turrets also needed to be occupied :mad:

Are you for real?

nopenopenope
10-18-2012, 03:48 PM
I asked support to drop all my "real" mafia and replace them with henchmen so there will only be 1 dictator in this army!! BOW DOWN MINION SHEEPLE

Paulio
10-18-2012, 04:13 PM

Are you for real?

You guys are kidding, right? Dippy's posts are fun to read, but don't EVER take his advice. He's BSing you.

Dipstik
10-18-2012, 04:15 PM
Not true, about half the time I offer really good advice just to keep you guessing.

Tomatoneverdie
10-18-2012, 05:22 PM
You guys are kidding, right? Dippy's posts are fun to read, but don't EVER take his advice. He's BSing you.

I knew it! Thank God I'm 99% smart, 1% dumb A S S....

Beardy
10-18-2012, 07:35 PM

I know that, what kind of fool do you take me for? I was checking if Auxilium knows it. Shocked if he doesn't..

Steve0
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
This has to be the best thread ever. Great work dip. Keep it coming.

Paulio
10-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Not true, about half the time I offer really good advice just to keep you guessing.

Ok, in all fairness, you do give good advice when you tell people to quit b!tching and play the game however they enjoy it.

Zendfrim
10-18-2012, 09:48 PM
*falls over laughing* DAMN it dipstik... I work with some people that have your type of sarcastic personality and I can never stop laughing at them or you, because everything said by you or them continuously creates hilarity.

Auxilium
10-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Don't worry guys i wasn't serious;) Just trolling the troll and lure out some fun reactions. I've seen this joke a couple of times already PLUS i already have 50 henchman and almost no defense buildings. So every floor is occupied!

Coldjoey
10-19-2012, 05:31 AM
True Story.
I hate it when you offer good advice and I don't take it thinking it mut be b/s only to have it confirmed.

Side note: you once adviced to get reduce mafia to 15, how do you get your mafia down to 15 when you have 100 henchmen?

kykboxr
10-19-2012, 05:35 AM
True Story.
I hate it when you offer good advice and I don't take it thinking it mut be b/s only to have it confirmed.

Side note: you once adviced to get reduce mafia to 15, how do you get your mafia down to 15 when you have 100 henchmen?

Send a ticket into support. They will remove them.