PDA

View Full Version : New metrics and unit value trends

Speed ump
10-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Anyone else notice the more recent trends? The newer units are weaker than what we used to be able to get, and are rarely high in the deffense values. Also players are noticing the ability to attack much higher up than they what they have been able to in the past. The simple results are the it can be very difficult to defend yourself from attacks, while it becomes easier to attack. It seems gree wants more attacks to happen, as this results in more spending to tey to defend yourself from these attacks. They have a plan, they know exactly waht they are doing when you see these thpes of changes. In the past there have been so many campers. I hate th idea that some so far below me can hit me, but i do love having that instant access back with speed dial. This may instigate moe spending as players may realize what they can do by just spending that little bit extra. Who they can get back at. Well, we did sign up for a war game didnt we, so cant really complain too much.

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I have noticed a change in the stats of crate units. Not sure of the swing from defense to attack, but i know overall they are lower. I think the same is true for the boss units.

doesn't bode well for the trinket collectors who rely on them for their only indesctrables.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 04:15 PM
There is another anomaly that recently appeared. How can someone today attack and win against a player with defense stats 150,000 north of the attacker's?We used to hear of players with 50,000 stats whining because a player with 125,000 stats hit them. Now we hear of players with 150,000 stats beating the vinegar out of a player with 300,000 stats. What has changed?My belief is that the attack/defense metric has been tweaked to allow the litte guy to raid the big guy. There's a flaw in that strategy. An all gold player with 100/110 stats is attacked by an all gold player with 200/250 stats. It'll still be a draw. In this game, gold can't beat gold. If that's true, nothing else will either. Now, you get yourself 100%, good Gree gold, stay under ten million, collect your money makers (or cloak them); no one can harm you my child, no one.

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 04:34 PM
Wonder if they tinkered with the attack skill multiplier used in the defeat the elite events and it ended up being applied in the PVP game?

Or maybe as per the official answer to the casualty glitch......"some people are just really, really lucky".....

bigflan
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
Yup okay sure no maybe so

Hondo
10-17-2012, 04:36 PM
My experience with similar games to modern war is that skill points have always been the most valuable assets. If a player was to place all of their skill points into attack, it would increase their chances of winning against a stronger player tremendously. They would however lose every battle, but most of these types of players don't care about losses.

Does anyone know if modern war is the same? Do skill points factor in that much?
Has anyone tested this, if not maybe I will with my LLP.

Warfiend
10-17-2012, 04:45 PM
My experience with similar games to modern war is that skill points have always been the most valuable assets. If a player was to place all of their skill points into attack, it would increase their chances of winning against a stronger player tremendously. They would however lose every battle, but most of these types of players don't care about losses.

Does anyone know if modern war is the same? Do skill points factor in that much?
Has anyone tested this, if not maybe I will with my LLP.

I've had people with notably stronger attack than my defense attack and raid me repeatedly to no avail. I believe that was due to my very high defense skill points. The only fights I've lost were against people with substantially lower defense than my attack, I suspect those were skill points also.

McDoc has been talking up skill points for a long time and I took his advice early on and have had great results.

Hondo
10-17-2012, 04:48 PM
I too have been using my points on defense as well, and haven't lost a battle for months. I worry about my attack, but there are so many crappy accounts that I think I can find someone to whip up on.

JohnnyR
10-17-2012, 07:10 PM
My skill point allocation for attack and defense is 155/50, so I did a little test. In the past I've been able to hit guys about 15% stronger than me in raids and attack, so I have been there, done that. At 37k attack (don't laugh, truly it works), I bumped it up on a raid-hit a guy with 60k defense twice and no go. Lost both and some BPs... Not sure if this is playimg out like you say it is Stephen, maybe it was chance for those losses on high stat guys. I'll do some more testing and get a bigger sample though. If it does come to pass that metrics are changing, I would welcome that with wide open arms.

By the way, my skill point allotment is backwards to a lot of guys here, but it's working for me. Defense to me is vaulted money, collected buildings, levelled up composites and BIG VISIBLE defense stats. I use my skill points on attack to go on the prowl and knock some big bases around, fun stuff. No strategy is superior, but there are options to consider.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 07:31 PM
That strategy works to a point. Then you hit a wall. How do I know?I've tried. Eventually, you'll get it from above and below. It's a 3 pronged problem. The one that will get you, your level. Until you hit the wall, I wish you much success.
My skill point allocation for attack and defense is 155/50, so I did a little test. In the past I've been able to hit guys about 15% stronger than me in raids and attack, so I have been there, done that. At 37k attack (don't laugh, truly it works), I bumped it up on a raid-hit a guy with 60k defense twice and no go. Lost both and some BPs... Not sure if this is playimg out like you say it is Stephen, maybe it was chance for those losses on high stat guys. I'll do some more testing and get a bigger sample though. If it does come to pass that metrics are changing, I would welcome that with wide open arms.By the way, my skill point allotment is backwards to a lot of guys here, but it's working for me. Defense to me is vaulted money, collected buildings, levelled up composites and BIG VISIBLE defense stats. I use my skill points on attack to go on the prowl and knock some big bases around, fun stuff. No strategy is superior, but there are options to consider.

Mcdoc
10-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Johnny - my skills points are 85/280 - and I chose to go that route because I can pick and choose my targets based solely on skill points and win every battle (my way of overcoming high casualties).

However, I can not control who comes to attack me when I am AFK. So - my defense acts like an extra money source for me as these over vaulted players with high attack skill points come in and don't see my invisible razor wire defense and end up leaving 30k a whack.

The funniest part is that they will look at my base in shock when they lose - take down my Level 10 Composite Factory assuming that was the source of my strength - and then proceed to hit me 2 or 3 more times leaving 30k a whack again.

I still stand by the logic that defense skills are your best weapon in this game since we are all venerable to attacks from far superior stats.

Think of it this way - a person with 150 attack points goes up against someone with 150 attack skill pints and its almost a mute point for the defender who has left themselves wide open for attack. So if 85% of the players stack their skill points like you do - then I know those 85% are more venerable to my attacks and in the long run those 85% can't touch me - so it's really a double benefit for me :)

But like you said, there is no "superior" strategy - just the one that fits your playing style - which for me is Passive Aggressive - but trust me - when it is time to lower the Boom - I got 30 powerful shots to take someone out with :)

Speed ump
10-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Warfiend, ill drop by and test that defense for you.lol

Warfiend
10-17-2012, 10:25 PM
Warfiend, ill drop by and test that defense for you.lol

Thank you for the very kind and generous offer, however, I'd rather not trouble you with such a tedious chore. I'm sure there are much stronger and more worthy players than I who are far more deserving of your time.

Perhaps at a later date when I've had the opportunity to expand and level up a bit. I'm thinking sometime towards the end of 2015, if that works for you?

cheiz
10-19-2012, 06:27 AM
What civilized articulation Warfiend. Respect! :D