PDA

View Full Version : Wanna play a game?

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 12:28 PM
I will be cryptic by design.

The current problems being experienced in Modern War may soon yield a very positive result.

A complete explanation will be forthcoming AFTER the problems have been rectified.

Do you think there is something more than you can see going on behind the scenes?

Will it be positive or negative in the end?

Frankly, I'm hoping we'll soon see a very positive change.

Vballmadam
10-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Great things are coming!

Mad
10-17-2012, 12:41 PM
I hope you are right, I think lol. I enjoy playing MW.

PS are you talking about the current problem related to the Boss and the dataset?

Front Runner NL
10-17-2012, 12:42 PM
I guess they fixed some boost problems server-side but forgot to do a proper deployment to the production servers

Dr. Dengus
10-17-2012, 12:45 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7p8wlBcnE1qclebqo2_1280.jpg

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Many people happy will be very happy when Gree details what they have done.

The boss fix is but a small part of what I think Gree is doing.

Goodness gracious, I do hope I'm right.

Front Runner NL
10-17-2012, 12:54 PM
I assume only little changes now, bigger changes when a new client update follows.

BigD@wg
10-17-2012, 12:55 PM
@PJ

So riddle me this riddler ...Which is it this time... a joke, a cloak, or a hoax? :) lol

Honestly, Do you know something we don't know?

BigD@wg
10-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Unless you are providing the complete explanation then we will not get one. I have not gotten a straightforward, helpful response from Funzio/Gree yet!

Fl@sh
10-17-2012, 01:04 PM
So all the other times you are cryptic, but not by design...lol
I think positive changes are always in the works, sometimes subtle, sometimes not so subtle.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 01:13 PM
@PJ

So riddle me this riddler ...Which is it this time... a joke, a cloak, or a hoax? :) lol

Honestly, Do you know something we don't know?

No joke, no hoax, I'm not in anyone's loop.

I am just guessing and/or speculating.

Selfproclaimed
10-17-2012, 01:18 PM
its because hes a genie. he makes things happen.

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b614/curbside313/walken.gif

MadManDK
10-17-2012, 01:20 PM
@PJ

I hope you are right, that this is not yet another typical f...up, which we have had plenty off, but that this is an unfortunate mistake due to major positive change.

However you don't strike me as the naive optimist, so what's up?

albeezy
10-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Did they finally realize people are hacking the game? That the boosts aren't working server side? That someone forgot a decimal point and that is why the bosses are more difficult at high levels? I won't be holding my breath

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Pure supposition, but there is an intriguing comment from CJ in one of his posts....Relating to builds.

Along with other current game issues mayhap we will soon see the end of the supposedly non-existent "no casualty" glitch...

One can hope..

albeezy
10-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Pure supposition, but there is an intriguing comment from CJ in one of his posts....Relating to builds.

Along with other current game issues mayhap we will soon see the end of the supposedly non-existent "no casualty" glitch...

One can hope..
What makes you say this?

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 02:04 PM
What makes you say this?

Just cause he said he didn't know why that build should be coming up at all.

I always wondered if the reason some people got no casualties was due to an error on the players game side software. Something along the lines of the loss comes in, an acceptance is returned to the server but the actual event (unit loss) is nulled out and fails to do the reduction on the players device.

albeezy
10-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Just cause he said he didn't know why that build should be coming up at all.

I always wondered if the reason some people got no casualties was due to an error on the players game side software. Something along the lines of the loss comes in, an acceptance is returned to the server but the actual event (unit loss) is nulled out and fails to do the reduction on the players device.
But wouldnt you eventually run out of units on the server side and start losing since all battles are calculated server side?

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Did they finally realize people are hacking the game? That the boosts aren't working server side? That someone forgot a decimal point and that is why the bosses are more difficult at high levels? I won't be holding my breath

Bingo....Bingo.......Bingo....Bingo......Bingo.... Bingo......Bingo....Bingo......

I do believe its one or more of the aforementioned.

I also believe an element of the famous ROPE-A-DOPE is involved.

albeezy
10-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Bingo....Bingo.......Bingo....Bingo......Bingo.... Bingo......Bingo....Bingo......

I do believe its one or more of the aforementioned.

I also believe an element of the famous ROPE-A-DOPE is involved.

I need to stop posting things that make you go BINGO PJ! People will start thinking we are one in the same...wordsmiths we may be, but the Pirates Life ain't for me!

EDIT: Which of the three do you think it most likely to be? Just curious.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
I need to stop posting things that make you go BINGO PJ! People will start thinking we are one in the same...wordsmiths we may be, but the Pirates Life ain't for me!

EDIT: Which of the three do you think it most likely to be? Just curious.

I don't want to tip off anyone.

In fact, less is more at the moment.

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 02:35 PM
But wouldnt you eventually run out of units on the server side and start losing since all battles are calculated server side?

Not if the "get" function takes the info from the players side each time...

Example:
Server asks for and receives information.
Server calculates you lost three units and tells the player side this.
Player side says ok, but never actually removes the units as that command ends up in a null sector.
Next time the server asks, it gets the info from the player side but those "lost" units are still there and are accepted as valid.

albeezy
10-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Not if the "get" function takes the info from the players side each time...

Example:
Server asks for and receives information.
Server calculates you lost three units and tells the player side this.
Player side says ok, but never actually removes the units as that command ends up in a null sector.
Next time the server asks, it gets the info from the player side but those "lost" units are still there and are accepted as valid.

CJ "said" even though the units do not show in your inventory, the server will account for them during battles. Seems to contradict your theory, but you would have to believe the server "accounts" for them first...

Ajk
10-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I don't want to tip off anyone.

In fact, less is more at the moment.
Who is this guy? Just when people start to doubt his authenticity, he comes in and regains his posture. I suppose time will tell when the update makes it to market if he is legitimatly on the forum's side or not.

albeezy
10-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Who is this guy? Just when people start to doubt his authenticity, he comes in and regains his posture. I suppose time will tell when the update makes it to market if he is legitimatly on the forum's side or not.
I thought he was on the Pirates Side???

Ajk
10-17-2012, 03:04 PM
I thought he was on the Pirates Side???
But he proffesses in many threads to be with the whole of the modern war community. Just wish he would be more straight forward rather than elusive in his comments. Again, time will tell if he knows anything.

albeezy
10-17-2012, 03:08 PM
But he proffesses in many threads to be with the whole of the modern war community. Just wish he would be more straight forward rather than elusive in his comments. Again, time will tell if he knows anything.

He's (er) in disguise! Ooops. Cat's out of the bag. Sorry JP!

Ajk
10-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh hell, not another alter ego!
Think we've had enough of that lately.

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Perhaps just as the great majority of players in the game provide the "entertainment" for the higher level spenders within the game that this is a case of "Quid Pro Quo"...

Pirate Justice Is just returning the favor, keeping you entertained whilst the dev's are trying to fix the problems there end of things.

Then again.......he is a Pirate.....so he might just be playing with your mind and distracting you while "his crew" sneaks in and nicks all your Wavebreakers....

albeezy
10-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Oh hell, not another alter ego!
Think we've had enough of that lately.
I was kidding!

Corsair
10-17-2012, 03:21 PM
A new client app build is imminent since they would need it for deploying the scratchers. If this issue relates to that it's hard to say. But I am definitely looking forward to that (free stuff is good).

albeezy
10-17-2012, 03:23 PM
A new client app build is imminent since they would need it for deploying the scratchers. If this issue relates to that it's hard to say. But I am definitely looking forward to that (free stuff is good).
Hope the highest unit for scratchers if they ever make it to MW is a fortified tree sniper!

Ajk
10-17-2012, 03:28 PM
Perhaps just as the great majority of players in the game provide the "entertainment" for the higher level spenders within the game that this is a case of "Quid Pro Quo"...

Pirate Justice Is just returning the favor, keeping you entertained whilst the dev's are trying to fix the problems there end of things.

Then again.......he is a Pirate.....so he might just be playing with your mind and distracting you while "his crew" sneaks in and nicks all your Wavebreakers....WHOA WHoa... Im not talking him down , or at least its not my intention. I'm merely stating my opinion. Pirate Justice is a intregal part of this game. I'm only trying to figure " why now". Thats all. I have the utmost respect for the pirates. They, and Ferr are the ones who keep the wheels turning on this game. I only wish he wasn't so cryptive in his speakings. I just find it wierd that all the sudden he is making himself available on these forums as of late.

Speed ump
10-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Q i doubt they will fix the no loss glitch, but i would love that dearly. It would be PARTY time at a few bases if that happened. Damn, id pay 100k gold just for that to happen. Shouldnt have to, but id do it in a heartbeat. I can just imagine all the bleating we would hear too, music to my ears.

Ajk
10-17-2012, 03:32 PM
A new client app build is imminent since they would need it for deploying the scratchers. If this issue relates to that it's hard to say. But I am definitely looking forward to that (free stuff is good). Crime city's scratchers are great. Kingdom age's are not that good. I have a feeling MW's are gonna be lackluster also.

Hivesy
10-17-2012, 03:38 PM

Hey beezy, what on earth did ever happen to the great ER???? We have a huge intro, a couple of poetry contests and then nothing. He was the great saviour of the forums for about a week there.

When the going got tough.......

albeezy
10-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Was wondering about that too the other day. Maybe it has something to do with the tweets about the 40% off good sale...

Hivesy
10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
PS for what it's worth my PJ style 'guess' at what's going on is a new client update with scratchers (winning vote on the black panther survey) and nothing more. It's fcuked with the boss event somehow and oooops up side yer head.

I'd love for an unhackable, easy bosses for level 100+, no cas glitch free, working boosts game but let's be honest it ain't ever gonna happen.

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 03:42 PM
Q i doubt they will fix the no loss glitch, but i would love that dearly. It would be PARTY time at a few bases if that happened. Damn, id pay 100k gold just for that to happen. Shouldnt have to, but id do it in a heartbeat. I can just imagine all the bleating we would hear too, music to my ears.

I live in hope Speedump :-)

If they came out and said it was an issue and now confirmed as resolved I would join you, not in your league but would certainly spend a vault or three "visiting some old friends". Best bit is they would all be sitting on a lot of Valor so you could keep going back lots of times before that got exhausted.....

Speed ump
10-17-2012, 03:43 PM
Ajk, its easy to figure out why hes spending more time here. For months and months we have been working as hard as anyone for changes. Not just hanges we would like for ourselves, but the same issues that evryone has complained about. We usually see and understand the ramifications of different issues right away, and voice our concerns to the powers that be. As we all know that can be very drustrating with the level of results that we have seen over time. The more visual and louder we are, the more people involved, the stronger our voice is. I think we have donr our part in proving our long term commitment to the game, and its only fair that we should be able to ask for and recieve solutions to long standing problems, and to also ask for new ideas to be implemented. Everyone wants something difefrent, but most of us agree on a good many things too, and those are the ones that should be of primary concern. I get the impression that some things are happening, and they will be ood things, will they fix everything, i seriously doubt it, will gree be any more forthcomming in the future? Dont expect major changes there either. My personal button at the moment os the no loss glitch ,and many players who are cheating. Im not saying the hackers, im saying tthe cheaters. There are many ways to scam itunes for money to buy things in these kind of games. Just google it. The havkers are easier to spot and get rid of.

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 03:47 PM
There is not a single one of us who has not had a run in with glitchers. They really burn me the wrong way. I can beat them everytime but pay such a huge price for it. Millions in cash units and tens of thousands in Valor units. I know quite a few I want to go back to just to pummel becuase they have no economy and no real strategy and no real plans. Just shoot as much as possible becusae you never lose units.

bobsmith
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
so who is this PJ guy? why would he want to play a game in a game? why talk in riddles too, I mean really, did your parents not love you enough?

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 04:09 PM
so who is this PJ guy? why would he want to play a game in a game? why talk in riddles too, I mean really, did your parents not love you enough?

http://postlikeapirate.com/

bobsmith
10-17-2012, 04:11 PM
AAAARRRGGGGHHHH, Matey.

I love pirates, they are so silly.

Do all the people dress up and pretend here?

Ascent
10-17-2012, 04:27 PM
Wait... wait... don't tell me!!!

They are going to refund all our money and apologize for all the inconveniances?

:D:D:D

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 04:28 PM
AAAARRRGGGGHHHH, Matey.

I love pirates, they are so silly.

Do all the people dress up and pretend here?

Don't know answer to the dress up bit, as for the pretend bit.....

If you like I can P.M. You a few names so you can visit some in the game and either post the "fake gold" spam message, or multi message their board so that you "reset" their speed dials.

When they "pop in" to say "thank you" you can ask them about that. :-)

...They would probably even be "nice enough" to "assist" in the relocation of your tree snipers.....

Speed ump
10-17-2012, 04:39 PM
Ill do anythi g to lend a hand. Rearrange your unit mix and all, no charge. Just send me an invite

Fl@sh
10-17-2012, 05:03 PM
Just start posting the word "crap" on people's boards. The game engine stars it out (*****). It's a great way to make new "friends"...

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Just start posting the word "crap" on people's boards. The game engine stars it out (*****). It's a great way to make new "friends"...

Wait wait wait. I post my name on others walls and I had better not get reprisals.

FYI there is nothing wrong with poop.

Thunder Child
10-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Wait wait wait. I post my name on others walls and I had better not get reprisals.

FYI there is nothing wrong with poop.I love a bit of poop, I do!

bobsmith
10-17-2012, 07:09 PM
Ooooh an umpire. You must be very big baseball fan.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Ooooh an umpire. You must be very big baseball fan. Zilch, nada, nothing. The more things change, the more they stay the same. SIGH :( SSDD

bobsmith
10-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Zilch, nada, nothing. The more things change, the more they stay the same. SIGH :( SSDD

How rude.
And you named yourself Justice.
I guess the standards of justice are very low.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-17-2012, 08:16 PM
How rude.And you named yourself Justice.I guess the standards of justice are very low.How ego filled. The post was about the game, not about you.

Tanner
10-17-2012, 08:37 PM

FYI there is nothing wrong with poop.

Poop, I have been meaning to post this for literally months now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZWoxVr05mk

Dr. Dengus
10-17-2012, 09:05 PM

Lmao! I've been doing this pooping thing wrong all these years ... in the potty? Absurd.

Baraka
10-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Many people happy will be very happy when Gree details what they have done.

The boss fix is but a small part of what I think Gree is doing.

Goodness gracious, I do hope I'm right.we all hope your right. We need big things.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-18-2012, 01:48 AM
I was wrong, SIGH. It's so hard to trust, isn't it? Why do others always let me down? It's a very cruel world.

Hondo
10-18-2012, 04:01 AM
The only changes I see coming is an increase in levels.

Procyon
10-20-2012, 11:37 AM

Hilarious!

I've been away from this forum for a couple months now and I'm kicking myself for how many other gems like this I've missed out on.

And d*** if that song isn't stuck in my head now.

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-20-2012, 06:32 PM
What does any of that mean... are you drunk?
do you need attention?

Speed ump
10-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Depends who you are asking that question. Pirates are always drunk. I thought we had already established that