PDA

View Full Version : My little conundrum...

JohnnyR
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I've asked in a few threads and have actively searched to no avail for the solution, so figured a thread would help me, and possibly others.

Some of you might know my strategy of running 70-80% meatshields and the rest high power valor units. I do is to raid and attack with profit, and so far it has worked. The unfortunate thing is no good thing lasts forever, and I'm buttng up against whale territory. I'm gonna feel pretty naked using Sea Scouts and Global Hawk Drones for defense. The problem is that I cannot support anything better than those mediocre units for defense without killing my bank and tossing my strategy. As it is, I can raid level 2 Oil Rigs effectively and with profit by using A10 Warthogs as meatshields, even if I lose 2 per raid hit. If however I decide to switch to SEALs, which cost over twice as much, I can't raid level 2, or even 3 Oil Rigs withouth hemmhoraging units and cash. SEALs are the cheapest thing I can use to bring in my Stealth Surveilance Drone though.

Is there a better way? I'd love to upgrade everything, but there is not enough high level buildings I can raid to make it worthwhile to up the meatshields to let me bring SS Drones.... Hitting a dead end. :-(

Thief
10-17-2012, 12:09 PM
Yea i built my Army With Seals to protect my SSD's (although since then i don't even bring Seals into battle anymore) Now it's Demolitions and Commandos which both die quicker than you can imagine...and frankly make attacking not viable. However i would imagine that Seals still make attacking worthwhile.

John Snow
10-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Camping or massive buying of gold units are options. An L10 Infirmary might help. (I have one but it doesn't seem to do much.) Spending $$$ the next time they offer a casualty reduction unit in a box event. The casualty rate has definitely made MW less fun than CC or KA.

BigD@wg
10-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Wouldn't my suggestion for the rivals list make your current problem a non-issue? With only one to two levels of visibility you wouldn't have to worry about getting decimated by the whales until later. Might have time to grow your own economy through buildings and upgrades.

But I would imagine you only have three options as it stands currently:
1. Buy tons of gold to make your army stronger
2. Ask Gree to delete current game and start over (camp next time)
3. Continue your current strategy and eventually become one of those "graveyard" bases

Dr. Dengus
10-17-2012, 01:02 PM
What is your IPH JohnnyR? Idk a whole lot about your game strategy, but considering your OP I'd assume it's relatively low. That'd be my suggestion though, build IPH to afford hundreds and hundreds of SSD's as your defense-backbone.

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Work out what your lowest attack and Defence number units are.
Put all the units with higher scores into an Excel sheet with the following columns Unit, Attack, Defence, "Strong against" if there is one, unit cost. Remember to factor in any country or building bonuses into the attack and Defence scores.

In the first cell of the next two columns, put in your lowest attack unit score MINUS 0.1 (just to avoid divide by zeroes) and one with your lowest Defence unit score, again subtracting 0.01 from it. Use a formula to subtract the base attack/Defence value from the unit's values, best to use an if statement so you can return blanks when it would be a negative number. This gives you the increase in your attack/Defence for each unit.

Next column divide the unit cost by the increase it provides and you get the dollar cost per point of attack/Defence.

Now you are in a better position to analyze a cost effective means of transition to SSD's. Might be surprised at what you find. Hovercraft and cruisers are good units because they are hardy, use a solid base of those and as your stats improve update the minimum attack/Defence number in your excel sheet so you can get an idea of what the most economical units Are for your current situation.

Also include the valor units in the sheet, again you might find that the 150 Valor unit has an interim place in your attack. If so, set up a plan to have a base of those (say100) and as they drop away you replace that u it when it is more economical to do so, replace it with a higher stat unit (SH, SF or the cruiser) if not.

You do not need a huge economy to do this (though it would make things easier). I did all this on an IPH of around 30k per hour. Set up a couple of PVE bosses to get a decent cash boost to start you off. After this Keep a decent cash base vaulted to cover setbacks and off ya go.......

Ajk
10-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I am also right up against the whales. I would suggest camping (I know its hard, but should be done) to build your iph. I'm not sure if my strategy is good but, I have been buying aircraft carriers and destroyers in between money building upgrades. I buy one carrier a day minimum, and try to camp as much as possible. They are very expensive but the defense is excellent for a cash unit and they are "strong against air" and a very low casualty rating. But i also get the sea bonus for UK.

JohnnyR
10-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey Q- thanks for the reply and help. I guess it's time to make a hardcore spreadsheet, heh. Gonna re-read and apply your post tonight. Actually started my Amphib Hovercraft buildup a little while ago, love these things.

Regarding my economy, my IPH is pretty decent at 362k with mostly 12/24/48 hour collections. Not gonna camp tho. Be back for more, thanks for themfeedback guys.

Q Raider
10-17-2012, 03:54 PM
:-) 362k
Crikey, you will have no issues transitioning.

I am currently level 170 and still under 100k.Only started building my economy up cause I won the build time reduction unit (cash only opens) and figured I might as well use it as wasn't playing the auction events and the elite events are over first day.

Hivesy
10-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Hey Johnny as Russia forget the hovercraft. Stock up on Comanche helicopters instead. Similar cost but higher stats 18 instead of 16 and you get your country boost. Cas rate means jack. Honestly, been there, done it.

I used to lose as many units as you but a tip JMC gave me ages a go has virtually stopped me losing any units at all now, be more selective.

Unfortunately it's a pain in the arse and it takes longer to go raiding and attacking but you will stop losing units. Only raid or attack people below your safe threshold of stats. My sweet spot is about 14k defence. If I hit someone at that number or lower I won't lose any units. You can raid all the level 2 and 3 oilrigs you like! Stop hitting just anyone with lower stats than you as although you'll win you know full well you actually lose.

Find your own sweet spot, then stick to it. No more casualties.

Mcdoc
10-17-2012, 07:49 PM
@ Hivesy - a quicker way to select prime targets that won't result in a casualty loss for me is to simply look at their BP rank. I am halfway though Colonel & level 173 right now so I scroll down and only attack LT's or below at my level - and when my rivals list pops up with a bunch in the 120 level - then I target Majors. So with that strategy - I lose a unit in like one in 120 battles - and I can speed through my attacks without even having to glance at their stats.

Lawyer
10-17-2012, 08:19 PM
After hearing about the whale zone, I switched to camping... I am now at level 52 with 523k iph .. It is not that hard to build yourself up.

Chris1324
10-17-2012, 10:51 PM
Building up IPH just spendy on time and money, im working on lowering cost for upgrade/building and I even have geothermal plants but sometimes I switch my tactics up. One week im working on expanding/ upgrading, the next I worry about missions and raiding, but oh well, my base is in decent shape I suppose.

iWar
10-18-2012, 02:49 AM
im entering whale zone any moment now aswell. just leveled up to 129. Been leveling verrrrry slowly for months now, but recently decided to do missions which give a buttload of xp. Just think its been fun semicamping and really would like to complete the boss missions for high payouts and units.

Baraka
10-18-2012, 05:19 AM
It might be against what you do. But I would camp a bit build a high IPH then you can afford better units.

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 05:23 AM
You here also, Bron? It's all tents and marshmallows....

Bronson
10-18-2012, 05:26 AM
You here also, Bron? It's all tents and marshmallows....

Yep tents up campfire blazing and we are all singing Eazy-E songs

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 05:28 AM
Yep tents up campfire blazing and we are all singing Eazy-E songsWithout Marvin Gai(don)?

Bronson
10-18-2012, 05:30 AM
Without Marvin Gai(don)?

He got banned, everytime I went to the bushes he was asking if I needed a hand! Very unpleasant!

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Pheasant? Pleasant pheasant plucker?

Baraka
10-18-2012, 05:37 AM
Lol are you guys just running around every thread talking bout Aidens sexuality.

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Lol are you guys just running around every thread talking bout Aidens sexuality.Don't know what you mean! Talking about some Irish chap named Gaidan!

Baraka
10-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Don't know what you mean! Talking about some Irish chap named Gaidan!o yeah I heard about him. Nice guy. !!

Bronson
10-18-2012, 05:49 AM
o yeah I heard about him. Nice guy. !!

Been offering you a hand in the bushes has he??

Baraka
10-18-2012, 05:51 AM
Been offering you a hand in the bushes has he??It was more than just a hand !!!

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 05:53 AM
It was more than just a hand !!!A new amigo!

Bronson
10-18-2012, 05:54 AM
It was more than just a hand !!!

Just looked at your sig, is "Auction Events" your pet name for him?

Aidan
10-18-2012, 05:57 AM
o yeah I heard about him. Nice guy. !!

Been offering you a hand in the bushes has he??

It was more than just a hand !!!

Don't know what you mean! Talking about some Irish chap named Gaidan!

*Fck me if I'm wrong but i think you all wanna have sx with me?

Baraka
10-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Just looked at your sig, is "Auction Events" your pet name for him?very good lol. I never thought anyone would work that out. He says your no longer his favourite !!

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Finally! Was beginning to pull my own short and curlies....

Bronson
10-18-2012, 05:59 AM
He's finally came!

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 06:01 AM
He's finally came!D- .... Grammar needs some work!

Aidan
10-18-2012, 06:02 AM
Finally! Was beginning to pull my own short and curlies....

Cant stay but i wont miss this fr a world mate. Now did you bring the lube tc?

He's finally came!

Was doubting myself earlier but whn i saw you in tht tight leather pants with tc on top, i just did. N cm i did. A LOT!

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 06:04 AM
Cant stay but i wont miss this fr a world mate. Now did you bring the lube tc?Was doubting myself earlier but whn i saw you in tht tight leather pants with tc on top, i just did. N cm i did. A LOT!Awesome that you came.....

Baraka
10-18-2012, 06:04 AM
TC,tight leather pants, Aidan and a tub of lube. Wat a lovely thought. Haha.

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 06:05 AM
TC,tight leather pants, Aidan and a tub of lube. Wat a lovely thought. Haha.How dd I get stuck in that sandwich?

Baraka
10-18-2012, 06:07 AM
How dd I get stuck in that sandwich?you always seem to be in there or there abouts wen this sort of stuff goes down lol.

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Guess I wrote the book... Co-authored in Wales.... Graphically illustrated in Ireland..... Sold worldwide!

Baraka
10-18-2012, 06:13 AM
Sounds good think you should get "Prestige Worldwide" to publish it for you. Sure there one of Dr Ds favourite with his avatars.

Aidan
10-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Got to go mate. Fecking work 😔
Its good to see you guys doing each other with baraka as a fluffer. ✊💦

Adios amigos!

Baraka
10-18-2012, 06:15 AM
Got to go mate. Fecking work 😔
Its good to see you guys doing each other with baraka as a fluffer. ✊💦

Adios amigos!sweet, L8a man.

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 06:22 AM
Got to go mate. Fecking work Its good to see you guys doing each other with baraka as a fluffer. ✊Adios amigos!Until next time, big fella!

Good to have you on board, Baraka!

I'm gone, too....

Bronson
10-18-2012, 06:24 AM
Time for me to zip up and leave as well, cya later fellas!

Thunder Child
10-18-2012, 06:26 AM
Time for me to zip up and leave as well, cya later fellas!Aweome multijack! Later fella!

Baraka
10-18-2012, 06:28 AM
Was a super multijack, nice to see ya both. L8az

Ajk
10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Was a super multijack, nice to see ya both. L8az
If there was a contest for thread hijacking, my money would be on these guys. It's like they just come out of thin air and BAM!! Too funny.

Maverick50727
10-19-2012, 10:04 AM
I've asked in a few threads and have actively searched to no avail for the solution, so figured a thread would help me, and possibly others.

Some of you might know my strategy of running 70-80% meatshields and the rest high power valor units. I do is to raid and attack with profit, and so far it has worked. The unfortunate thing is no good thing lasts forever, and I'm buttng up against whale territory. I'm gonna feel pretty naked using Sea Scouts and Global Hawk Drones for defense. The problem is that I cannot support anything better than those mediocre units for defense without killing my bank and tossing my strategy. As it is, I can raid level 2 Oil Rigs effectively and with profit by using A10 Warthogs as meatshields, even if I lose 2 per raid hit. If however I decide to switch to SEALs, which cost over twice as much, I can't raid level 2, or even 3 Oil Rigs withouth hemmhoraging units and cash. SEALs are the cheapest thing I can use to bring in my Stealth Surveilance Drone though.

Is there a better way? I'd love to upgrade everything, but there is not enough high level buildings I can raid to make it worthwhile to up the meatshields to let me bring SS Drones.... Hitting a dead end. :-(

Drop me PM when you can. I have some unproven theories that might help you. I won't post them publically as they are radical and go against the grain. TTYL when I can.