PDA

View Full Version : Hacked Accounts...??

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 05:24 AM
A handful of in-game friends have reported that their accounts had been hacked. Their hoods wiped out and avatar changed and leaving themselves a message on their own wall saying 'I am a cheater'.
These are all mid-stat guys who clearly are not cheaters. Do any of the nerd-types :) know how this can happen? Their common thread is all being a part of the same gang. I have pissed off a lot of people myself because they do not like losing and then the more they run their mouth, the more i live in their hood, so i am a little worried as this seems like it would be a nightmare to fix...
Any thoughts? Similar experiences, etc?

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Sounds like support doing its job if you ask me... Cheaters suck.

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 05:55 AM
Sounds like support doing its job if you ask me... Cheaters suck.

Yes they do. But were talking people with 30/30 stats so hardly the image of a cheater and, thus, likely has nothing to do with support.

mxz
10-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Sure, someone else could fake their UDID if they knew it - log into their CC account and then transfer it to another UDID. Don't ever forward your support emails to anyone or tell someone your UDID.

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 06:01 AM
Sure, someone else could fake their UDID if they knew it - log into their CC account and then transfer it to another UDID. Don't ever forward your support emails to anyone or tell someone your UDID.

Good point! What about without UDID? And one specific player in question can still access his account and has been watching his cash on hand amount fluctuate...

Kissnight
10-17-2012, 06:02 AM
I have seen someone with crazy stats with only 10 mafia and he posted on my wall said he can give me some free staff but need my UDID. Just dont do that.

mxz
10-17-2012, 06:09 AM
Good point! What about without UDID? And one specific player in question can still access his account and has been watching his cash on hand amount fluctuate...More likely bugged than hacked. My advice is to send in a ticket explaining exactly what he's seeing and noting some of his gang-members have been locked out of their accounts and to take a look at the IPs accessing his account.

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Must be quite a bug to make them write "I'm a cheater" on their own wall :)

mxz
10-17-2012, 06:28 AM
Must be quite a bug to make them write "I'm a cheater" on their own wall :)Now known as the truth serum bug.

Would be funny if this is how the new cheat prevention software works. "Hey guys, we fixed the problem!"

Solarcaine
10-17-2012, 06:32 AM
I wonder if buying gold from a hacker is coming back to bit some players? when you sell your soul, someone expects to get paid.

Gaming Will
10-17-2012, 06:33 AM
My first game was hacked about 10 months ago. Only they helped my account and made all my buildings level 10 (I was level 70's at the time). They left a message on my wall saying they were crime city angel and to be nice to other players, yada yada yada. I was just a noob and hadn't joined the forum or anything like it. I had no idea how it happened but left the message on my wall. My account got shut down and support didn try to find out how the game was hacked (I didn't know what a udid was or that there were different IP addresses to prove I didn't do those changes). I started a new game and found the forum... Support never helped out on trying to find out how or who ruined my first game.

I don't know how to help your friends but I hope they have a better outcome than I did.

SinSir
10-17-2012, 07:18 AM
Firstly what is the point of this thread.

Any technical problem should go direct to support.

Sound like they were cheaters if they used you as a voice on the forum.
How is anyone going to guess, let alone know what udid a next person has unless they used a random one with a jailbroken phone.

I myself can do some magic to restore there hood, but I take Chinese gold only.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Firstly what is the point of this thread.

Any technical problem should go direct to support.

Sound like they were cheaters if they used you as a voice on the forum.
How is anyone going to guess, let alone know what udid a next person has unless they used a random one with a jailbroken phone.

I myself can do some magic to restore there hood, but I take Chinese gold only.

I say good riddance to bad rubbish.

Thanks for being the first idiot to have nothing worthwhile to say! Someone has to fill that role!
The point of this thread is stated in my original post...can you read? I asked if anyone else had same experience...is this common...if so how is it resolved...things like that.
See i have received some helpful feedback and that is what i was looking for.
Additionally, do not make assumptions. No one used me as their voice. I took it upon myself to use their example to determine if others had similar issues at any point. Why? Because i have a lot of time and money into my game and would hate for this to happen to me.
You dont even deserve a response but there you have it, now shut up.

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Well it's a bit early for popcorn... but whatever.

*munches popcorn*

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 07:38 AM

*munches popcorn*

You notice how i moved past you and marked him the first person to post with nothing worthwhile...? Ive come to embrace you :)

Dipstik
10-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Yeah! I DID notice that! I almost complained about it, but I haven't had enough coffee to come up with anything worthwhile to say... I was POSITIVE that I had nothing constructive to add to this thread!

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Yeah! I DID notice that! I almost complained about it, but I haven't had enough coffee to come up with anything worthwhile to say... I was POSITIVE that I had nothing constructive to add to this thread!

I struggled between 'embraced' and 'ignored' but the the latter would be a lie because, lets be honest, you are quite entertaining.
*sorry in advance to everyone that says not to feed the trolls :)

Dhusagar
10-17-2012, 07:47 AM
I struggled between 'embraced' and 'ignored' but the the latter would be a lie because, lets be honest, you are quite entertaining.
*sorry in advance to everyone that says not to feed the trolls :)

If you ARE going to feed them, make sure it is popcorn you use! Lol

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 07:50 AM
If you ARE going to feed them, make sure it is popcorn you use! Lol

The way to dippy's heart, eh? Lol

SinSir
10-17-2012, 08:02 AM
I tell you why to me the thread is pointless.

First it's not a problem happening to you.
Second you want reason of why it happened, let me explain.

The the udid has fallen into the wrong hands resulting in account being tampered.
(support can deal with that)
You've used a udid faker to play the game.
As you've used a method, anyone else can also randomly get the same account.
(Serves you right)

So if you're playing on the device udid then it's so easy to send support a ticket & send a computer screenshot of itune, click on device on summery click serial number & your udid number shows up easy as 1, 2, 3.

sexkitteh
10-17-2012, 08:03 AM
I started reading this thread with a straight face and a mildly concerned look on my face and finished lmfaorofl! :D

The hacking issue sounds crazy though... How would ANYONE get someone's phone info?!

that's kind of freaky...

Deluxe
10-17-2012, 08:34 AM
I tell you why to me the thread is pointless.

First it's not a problem happening to you.
Second you want reason of why it happened, let me explain.

The the udid has fallen into the wrong hands resulting in account being tampered.
(support can deal with that)
You've used a udid faker to play the game.
As you've used a method, anyone else can also randomly get the same account.
(Serves you right)

So if you're playing on the device udid then it's so easy to send support a ticket & send a computer screenshot of itune, click on device on summery click serial number & your udid number shows up easy as 1, 2, 3.

Still worthless input because, had i not started this thread to inquire, i would not know how this happens (thanks mxz for helpful insight).
And you still need to go away. How many times do people have to tell others...if the thread is of no use to you then bug off.

The Billionaire
10-17-2012, 09:44 AM

*munches popcorn*

Lmfao......