PDA

View Full Version : The paradox of higher levels and higher stats

Canoehead
10-16-2012, 09:28 PM
Once you get attack/defense above 100k some significant game dynamics change. Weapons you can buy with in game cash no longer help you. The same is true for respect weapons, most of which you already have in abundance. The only useful things left to farm are non consumable explosives, and once you have loaded up on TLCs, the only way to get stronger is with the credit card

It's now a pure auction, and the skill and planning that were needed at the lower levels, and the fun that came with them, are gone. On top of that, scratchers and boss events have created a stat inflation that further diminishes the value of farmed, in game cash and respect items and shifts the focus to buying gold just to stay even

The effect this has on fighting, robbing and revenge is significant. The only place to spend high income per hour is on upgrades that get you more income per hour. Thug life, hardcore hit man and respect are irrelevant, so there is no benefit in winning attacks. Similarly there is nothing you can do to deter the 0 economy, high stat attacker who has no defensive explosives. In other words a lot of the incentives as well as the checks and balances which made the game work at lower levels and stats are gone. What is the end game?

That's why, even though my gang is anti war and focused on economy building and other aspects of smart game play, I really appreciated Burn's thread on incorporating gang war options into the game. I don't know if that's the answer, but it is productive brain storming. Gree should be engaged in this with us, because cc has to evolve or it will end.

The Billionaire
10-16-2012, 09:45 PM
Nice discussion mate.

I'm sure Gree were aware of this and are laughing all the way to the bank knowing that a number of players will want to continue increasing their stats.

Get your credit cards out! pmsl

Steve0
10-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice discussion mate.

I'm sure Gree were aware of this and are laughing all the way to the bank knowing that a number of players will want to continue increasing their stats.

Get your credit cards out! pmslCan't and won't do it.

Luke 3457
10-17-2012, 06:32 AM
Yes I'd also like to add when crates are weak even rares have minimal effect on stats... So to grow in strength u either buy your 500 non consumable's or buy high level limited edition items. I really noticed this once I passed the 120k attack mark! That was also when weak crates became the trend. So now I'm building nons and le items that are best possible value. I'd really like to see more high level d weapons! Everything is 95% solely for attack increase.