PDA

View Full Version : It's not all that bad!

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 10:52 AM
There is so much negativity on this board but there are positives as well. Let's start a positive thread!

I started playing because it was new and fun.
I continue playing because of the relationships I've formed and continue to form.
I love the boss events and the 10 crate event.
I love that I can escape from real problems.
I love the quiet time i spend on my ipad without interruptions.
I love watching my iph grow.

I hope that we can remember back to the good times and move forward!

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
I agree (with some extra characters).

Poopenshire
10-16-2012, 10:59 AM
I am having more fun with my LLP than anything right now. I do admitt, seeing my IPH go up is really fun. I am at 771K right now and I like that alot.

Fun
10-16-2012, 11:06 AM
This is so true all I needed was someone to say it to realise

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 11:08 AM
Haven't started an llp but hopefully for Christmas I'll get an iphone and start one then! If many of you are like me, I didn't know what I was doing when I started and would love to go back with the knowledge I've gained and play much smarter. Can you imagine the competition if we all did that? Not only would be strong but all of us would have very similar stats and it would be interesting to see the battles results. I say that because we really don't know what the hidden boosts and the x factor they talk about will factor in.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 11:16 AM
There is so much negativity on this board but there are positives as well. Let's start a positive thread!

I started playing because it was new and fun.
I continue playing because of the relationships I've formed and continue to form.
I love the boss events and the 10 crate event.
I love that I can escape from real problems.
I love the quiet time i spend on my ipad without interruptions.
I love watching my iph grow.

Truth is not negative or positive.

Truth is just that, truth.

Ignore truth at your own peril.

You can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear, anymore than you can find truth inside a lie.

You're a very smart person.

Don't allow yourself to be bamboozled.

I spend hours volunteering my time offering free legal advice to posters on an online forum.

I know the enjoyment received form doing something that makes others happy.

Even if this game were perfect, you'd never know that joy here.

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 11:19 AM
I don't believe that anything can be perfect! People on earth either!

Baraka
10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Great Idea for a thread Vball. I still very much enjoy the game especially the boss event. I don't like watching my IPH grow.....aargh yeah I do lol, I'm an IPH junkie lol. The best part of the game is this forum. Have made some great friends on here and like you just like to kick back on here.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't believe that anything can be perfect! People on earth either!

Okay, I'll try it this way.

Say you went into your local green grocer, meat market, fish monger, or most any other merchant.

You bought a peck of apples, a pound of halibut, or a two pound roast.

The apples were perfect.

The halibut was divine.

The roast was delectable.

However, the peck basket was only half full.

The pound of halibut was only eight ounces, not sixteen.

The two pound roast weighed only one pound.

Yet, you paid for the alleged proper amounts or quantities.

The items were perfect, yet their container wasn't.

In essence, the merchant was cheating you and every other customer.

Would you be pleased that you procured such fine products, or upset that you were cheated?

You asked the merchant why, and they ignored you.

Or, you paid for something costing $55 with a $100 bill.

The merchant gave the something and only $5 change.

You asked why, and the merchant said, "Its a great thing isn't it. And, you got a great buy, it only cost you $55. You're a smart shopper, you are."

albeezy
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM

Say you went into your local green grocer, meat market, fish monger, or most any other merchant.

The apples were perfect.

The halibut was divine.

Would you be pleased that you procured such fine products, or upset that you were cheated?

You asked the merchant why, and they ignored you.

Or, you paid for something costing $55 with a $100 bill.

The merchant gave the something and only $5 change.

You asked why, and the merchant said, "Its a great thing isn't it. And, you got a great buy, it only cost you $55. You're a smart shopper, you are."
Well if you complained to the particular merchant they would at least offer to give you half your money back and take the items you purchased back...what's not to be happy about?

@VBall Glad I got 2 rares and an uncommon in a 3 pack of crates! Holla! The forum is still one fo the best parts of the game, especially with PUN in here with all the riddlespeak! I will decipher him one day. Until then I will be confused.

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 11:57 AM

The apples were perfect.

The halibut was divine.

Funny...that's happened to me. Truthfully , it's my fault for not checking to make sure that I was getting what I paid for before leaving the establishment. I've learned from that experience and now if it's important to me I make sure to check things out in their presence before I leave.

If I am not satisfied I would chalk it up to lesson learned and I would change my behavior, store, relationship whatever.

In this game ...if I become disatisfied to the point that I begin resenting the game or Gree...then I would leave quietly not expecting anything from them because it was my choice to play or not. If I lose money then I loose money. I am not wealthy...middle class...but I choose to forgive and move on! You are only responsible for yourself. Everything else is outside your boundaries.

PJ, you are an excellent writer and I really enjoy your thoughts, poems and posts. You truly have a gift!

In the end Each person has to make their own choices and I choose to play in spite of all the problems until I no longer find the game and its people(the forum) enjoyable.

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 12:07 PM
@ beezy...Great luck on the crates! My day is coming! Once, i purchased many and never got a rare! Never had a rare with the LE's either. Like I said....my day is coming!

Tctiger
10-16-2012, 12:22 PM
I could be wrong but pun sounded like he was saying you could start the game again but would it really make much difference ? For example you could save all valor up until you unlock say the ships but you are still going to end up losing it all again . I wouldnt like to start over .

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 12:27 PM
Funny...that's happened to me. Truthfully , it's my fault for not checking to make sure that I was getting what I paid for before leaving the establishment. I've learned from that experience and now if it's important to me I make sure to check things out in their presence before I leave.

If I am not satisfied I would chalk it up to lesson learned and I would change my behavior, store, relationship whatever.

In this game ...if I become disatisfied to the point that I begin resenting the game or Gree...then I would leave quietly not expecting anything from them because it was my choice to play or not. If I lose money then I loose money. I am not wealthy...middle class...but I choose to forgive and move on! You are only responsible for yourself. Everything else is outside your boundaries.

PJ, you are an excellent writer and I really enjoy your thoughts, poems and posts. You truly have a gift!

In the end Each person has to make their own choices and I choose to play in spite of all the problems until I no longer find the game and its people(the forum) enjoyable.

I knew you'd get it.

The high value crate trinkets, pretty much luck, I've found.

However, I use this technique.

It only seems to work when i buy 10 items sequentially.
I buy 10 of one type, one at a time.
I buy 10 of another type, one at a time.
I but 10 of the third type, one at a time.
Now, this is my little trick.
I buy the final item, one at a time.
I've gotten as many as seven rares using this technique.
I've got no less than two using this technique.
Don't know why it seems to work, but it does work.
It also works if I do it in increments of five, too.

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 12:35 PM
I knew you'd get it.

The high value crate trinkets, pretty much luck, I've found.

However, I use this technique.

It only seems to work when i buy 10 items sequentially.
I buy 10 of one type, one at a time.
I buy 10 of another type, one at a time.
I but 10 of the third type, one at a time.
Now, this is my little trick.
I buy the final item, one at a time.
I've gotten as many as seven rares using this technique.
I've got no less than two using this technique.
Don't know why it seems to work, but it does work.
It also works if I do it in increments of five, too.

I'll have to try your method. Can't lose anything for trying.

Off to play with the girls for a few hours! Be nice while I'm gone...hahaha

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
I'll have to try your method. Can't lose anything for trying.

Off to play with the girls for a few hours! Be nice while I'm gone...hahaha

Well, I wouldn't say you couldn't lose anything.

If you do the technique using my multiple of five tactic, you'll be out of 7,000 gold or so.

LOL

Anyway, have fun.

inmansgod
10-16-2012, 01:09 PM
hello,

I have been reading through yall's threads on the forum trying to figure out what i am missisng out on in the game. I have recently started a few weeks ago and after i finally purchased my android. I see individuals speaking about special events and such. Any tips or suggestions to be had? if so please share.

Thanks

Baraka
10-16-2012, 01:13 PM
hello,

I have been reading through yall's threads on the forum trying to figure out what i am missisng out on in the game. I have recently started a few weeks ago and after i finally purchased my android. I see individuals speaking about special events and such. Any tips or suggestions to be had? if so please share.

Thankswell stay low level don't level up too fast or you will get destroyed. If your doing events then the ten item and auctions you will only get anything if you want to spend real money and lots of it. If you don't boss event is the way to go. You can get some good units for free. Apart from that just keep on the forum and see what we all have to say. Any questions just stick here. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36394-RANDOM-quot-quickie-quot-QUESTIONS

inmansgod
10-16-2012, 01:23 PM
i have really no interest in spending money, I just want to play to enjoy and as a break from work. So far i have just been completing the goals that so up and clearing each map site through level 5 befor emoving to the next location. What do you mean by boss events? as of right now I am working towards level 40.

Baraka
10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Beat the boss it's an event where you attack a boss's to get a unit. It gets harder each time.well as a free player then stay low lol.you will get boss if you over level 5. Just play your game and see how it goes. I would do the PVP events rather than maps to get valor units. Just my choice though. Post in the thread I gave you see what pll say.

Xzmd
10-16-2012, 01:35 PM
hello,

Thanks
Start slowly. Either start with Germany, Britain or Russia. When you level up, put at least two skill points
into defense. Do not do missions. Doing missions makes you level up too fast. Just do raid and PVP. Using the money from raiding to grow you IPH. Also purchase more defensive units. Buying the composite building is a must.

I have over 2000 wins in PVP and raids and only lost 16 times. I am constantly over the vault and only lost money twice.

In my previous account, I follow the instructions of gree and did lots of missions and leveled up too fast. It was very hard to find someone to raid and I lost over 10,000 battles because my defense was weak. In my new account, it is easy to win battles because most of the players' ratings are lower than mine.

Mcdoc
10-16-2012, 01:39 PM
i have really no interest in spending money, I just want to play to enjoy and as a break from work. So far i have just been completing the goals that so up and clearing each map site through level 5 befor emoving to the next location. What do you mean by boss events? as of right now I am working towards level 40.

You're WAY to high already for only playing a couple of weeks.

Seriously - slow down - don't follow the missions - they lead you right into a Shark tank full of Big plAyers who will destroy you if you haven't taken the time to build up a good force.

I started a second account 3 months ago and am only level 18 and I bet you couldn't touch him with an attack.

You should plan to go up one level every 3 weeks from where you are right now. Build every Money building there is - upgrade them constantly and expand your vault constantly until you get to 10 million - expand your land constantly until it cost you 14 million to do your next expansion.

SLOW DOWN & camp for a while - so to slow down - you won't be doing ANY more missions for a very long time & you won't go on the attack for a very long time. If you must attack someone - only attack their Original command center - it gives you 1 XP point

Oh - one last Golden nugget - don't put any skill points on attack - virtually worthless - but if you put EVERY SINGLE POINT into defense until you reach 300 points - very few people will be able to touch you & you will enjoy the game more by not getting pummeled by 20 players every time you log into your game. Instead - you will see player after player leaving you 30,000 because they can't see the invisible razor wire around your base with such a high defense.

Good luck and be thankful you've found the forum to help you enjoy the game more and avoid the mistakes that cause a lot of people to abandon the game at level 120.

chimera69
10-16-2012, 01:48 PM
Android users don't get the boss event, unfortunately (same thing happening with those playing CC on droid).

As others have suggested... Slow way, way down for a while. Read thru the great how-to threads in the forum's stickied threads. It'll help you a ton.

BigD@wg
10-16-2012, 01:51 PM
On topic -

1. I like the Collect 10 events.
2. Being a renewed free player (no more purchases after gold stockpile is depleted)
3. My LLP Death Eagle (much more fun than my HLP and I only open it only once or twice a day)
4. All the helpful responses I get from support (oh wait that hasn't happened yet). Sorry couldn't resist on that one! :p

I was at least at least positive on my thoughts for #1-3 :)

chimera69
10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
New boss event started, & I do like them alot

(i know that's likely to change eventually, but while I'm still under level 101... :)

mikebarth1955
10-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I just added a LLP about a week ago -- It is now at Level 15. I am enjoying the fun of building it all up again from scratch. My HLP is at Level 128, and that one is just killing time until the IPH is up to snuff. Those words of wisdom from McDoc and Xzmd are very timely!

Selfproclaimed
10-16-2012, 04:43 PM
I think pirate justice is none of than Christopher Walken.

General Soviet
10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
I really like the boss events, especially when I get a powerful unit from it. It's also fun when you have all your buildings waiting to be collected, and you just get so much cash from getting them all at once.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 05:32 PM
I think pirate justice is none of than Christopher Walken.

That made me smile.

Sorry, I can say that I am not CW, but I have made his acquaintance.

hushsway
10-16-2012, 05:54 PM
I love when I don't get a splash screen or the boss fails to trigger.

Most of all I love when Copenhagen has completed the boss event and I still cannot get a splash screen or the boss to trigger :p

Really not that bad (more comical) I play for the fun.

inmansgod
10-16-2012, 06:24 PM
thanks for the help tips, i will slow down and re-evaluate my strategy. just a couple of questions, what is PVP and do you have multiple games running via the same phone?

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-16-2012, 06:32 PM
thanks for the help tips, i will slow down and re-evaluate my strategy. just a couple of questions, what is PVP and do you have multiple games running via the same phone?

Player vs Player.
When members have multiple accounts they will have one on say an iPhone, and one on an iPad or an iPod, or an android. One account per device.

inmansgod
10-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Player vs Player, where is this an option or where can i ind out more about this

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
PVP ( player vs player) means you attack another player
PVE ( player vs environment) means you attack something on a map

Lokk under Modern War FAQ on the top of your forum page. It will give you invaluable information and will answer most all of your questions. It helped me with terms, strategy, money buildings, events etc.

inmansgod
10-16-2012, 07:23 PM
Thanks for pointing the link out to me, just scimmed over a couple and that helps out alot to understand what everyone is referring to. Thanks again

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Thanks for pointing the link out to me, just scimmed over a couple and that helps out alot to understand what everyone is referring to. Thanks again

My pleasure!

albeezy
10-16-2012, 08:28 PM
Sorry to quote this on your thread VBALL, but as I said earlier, the FORUM is one of the best parts of the game. I mean where else can you post stuff like this out of context:

I haven't tried with my nipple. But I've had good luck with my wife's. Not when it comes to the game though.

Vballmadam
10-16-2012, 08:31 PM
Sorry to quote this on your thread VBALL, but as I said earlier, the FORUM is one of the best parts of the game. I mean where else can you post stuff like this out of context:

I remember that! I 'd better try if I keep getting commons!

Guderian40
10-16-2012, 11:14 PM

Yes, I completely agree with you, good idea this thread.
It (still) is a great gime, far ahead from its competitors, addictive, I enjoy playing.
That is why I think of how to make it better and enhance it. It is worth it, even when I think GREE will not invest much time and money anymore on it, but developing new apps - unfortunatelly....

hushsway
10-17-2012, 03:38 AM
I retract a portion of my statement about Copenhagen completing the event before me recieving a boss splash screen. Appartently his post only showed he completed the event. I did get my boss splash screen though.
But I spent all my cash on a new space center.

Vballmadam
10-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Lucky for you hushway that there were problems last night. Now you'll have money again when the boss returns!

hushsway
10-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Lucky for you hushway that there were problems last night. Now you'll have money again when the boss returns!

I have 2.7M, but I cannot seem to make the boss trigger :(. I play on my I touch and I do not have Wifi at work. However, I read a post the other day about bring a device to work even thought there was no connectivity. The poster noted that so long as he did not close the app he could still collect money. Woot, thats money in the bank!

Lou Sir
10-17-2012, 04:32 PM
You're WAY to high already for only playing a couple of weeks.

Seriously - slow down - don't follow the missions - they lead you right into a Shark tank full of Big plAyers who will destroy you if you haven't taken the time to build up a good force.

I started a second account 3 months ago and am only level 18 and I bet you couldn't touch him with an attack.

You should plan to go up one level every 3 weeks from where you are right now. Build every Money building there is - upgrade them constantly and expand your vault constantly until you get to 10 million - expand your land constantly until it cost you 14 million to do your next expansion.

SLOW DOWN & camp for a while - so to slow down - you won't be doing ANY more missions for a very long time & you won't go on the attack for a very long time. If you must attack someone - only attack their Original command center - it gives you 1 XP point

Oh - one last Golden nugget - don't put any skill points on attack - virtually worthless - but if you put EVERY SINGLE POINT into defense until you reach 300 points - very few people will be able to touch you & you will enjoy the game more by not getting pummeled by 20 players every time you log into your game. Instead - you will see player after player leaving you 30,000 because they can't see the invisible razor wire around your base with such a high defense.

Good luck and be thankful you've found the forum to help you enjoy the game more and avoid the mistakes that cause a lot of people to abandon the game at level 120.

I guess Im on the same boat getting ready to sink. few question if you don't mind.
1 Im lvl 32 with 42 allies. If i go camping do I need to reduce allies # too?
2 Is it oK to still Raid/Attack others or do nothing but upgrade and expand?
3 Should I buy units or just stack up $$$ .... I rarely brought units most of currently units are from looting

thnk and have fun

hushsway
10-17-2012, 05:57 PM
@ Lou sir

I'm new and not an expert. However, your not near the whales. As for saving cash, I'd say do not save unless you can vault it. I pvp and when I find a juicey prey, I pounce. But I'm level 71 so don't worry about me.

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 05:59 PM
Myself I just made level 128 after beating boss 15, working on 18 now. I am near the whales.

Vballmadam
10-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Myself I just made level 128 after beating boss 15, working on 18 now. I am near the whales.

You'll be fine Poop! It's really not that bad up here. Now they've fixed the boss...it should be even better!

Poopenshire
10-17-2012, 06:28 PM
I know i will be fine. I amd just have fun here.

-JAY-THE-ROBBER-
10-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Cant trigger the boss either.

Morphlingman
10-17-2012, 06:32 PM
I like the 10 crate events
I like the boss events
I enjoy building up my income and putting info on to spreadsheets, analyzing the data, to see which units to build and buildings to upgrade.
And I enjoy this forum, it continuously keeps me informed and entertained.
Thank You all forum members

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-17-2012, 08:41 PM
I guess Im on the same boat getting ready to sink. few question if you don't mind.
1 Im lvl 32 with 42 allies. If i go camping do I need to reduce allies # too?
2 Is it oK to still Raid/Attack others or do nothing but upgrade and expand?
3 Should I buy units or just stack up $$$ .... I rarely brought units most of currently units are from looting

You are not getting ready to sink. You have plenty of time. You can raid and attack, try to stay away from missions if possible cuz you gain a lot of xp and can level up quickly if you not careful. Check out the FAQ thread. TONS of valuable info in there. Check out the random quickie question thread, it's a long read, but there is a lot of info there too. Always vault $, always be upgrading vault. when you go over vault buy units. Always have something being upgraded.
Good luck and welcome to the forum! Coming to the forum is by far the best thing I ever did to improve my game and make it more enjoyable. Cheers