PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Improvements

Guderian40
10-16-2012, 08:49 AM
After following different threats in the forum I thought it could make sense to collect some ideas for improvements here. As I am now able to open a separate threat for that, here you go.
WARNING: Lots of text, extended reading required…

As I mentioned in one of my last posts, MW is the leading war strategy app so far for me, one year ahead of its competitors, but it should be continuously improved and enhanced – and I am strongly uncertain if this might happen.
It is not enough to do some cheap 30 seconds surveys, it is also not enough to hold meetings discussing how to reward players who spend 10,000 $ a month. And it is a funny idea to spend some T-Shirts and do a poetry competition – but it does not enhance the game.
But unfortunately I think GREE will concentrate on new apps (first copying the model of the old ones like CC, MW etc.) and the next upgrades will more or less be bug fixes only. Hope to be proven wrong though.

Here some ideas for improvement, I added some more compared to the last post and ordered it differently. Manyof these ideas were already posted or mentioned somehow, but never as a kind of collection.

Please feel free to add your own ideas (add numbers) and tell the others which you support, dislike or think it’s just crap ;-)

-------------------------

Complexity vs. easy to play and start
Like other games MW was easy to start with, but still demanding, interesting and addictive in the beginning. But after some levels you discover that it is just about adding points for attack and defense, like all the others. I find this quite boring.

1. A wild mixture of unit or class names from WW1, WW2, after war, phantasy. The real history of war and technology have nothing to do with it. But even in reality there exist more than 50.000 units and names if you only count the big powers in the last 100 years and add the prototypes.

2. In the middle of the game you notice, that all is just only an adding and comparison of two figures (A/D). How can a submarine attack infantry and vice versa? An idea is to have specific attack and defense rates agains Inf, Ground, Air and Sea (GREE was working in this way by adding “strong against...”, ok, but not sufficient.) So a submarine works only against sea units and can only attacked by some of them and some air forces. Compare early war strategy games like Panzer General. That’s the most crucial point for me to make the game kind of “strategic”!

3. Another idea is to have country specific units like the Sherman tank for the US – with individual attack and def. values against enemy Inf. Ground, Air and Sea.

No social interactions
GREE is advertising on their homepage with bringing the world together. But apart from so-called alleys (which number most of us even hold low in the beginning of the game) and visiting their bases (pocket money, irrelevant from level 5 onwards), there is no social interaction in the game. I think this is better solved in Global war (which is apart from that much more boring), where you can gain gifts to your (small and active) army members and have a chat room between them. This would also provide some financial benefits for GREE as there is a motivation amongst players to buy units to get gifts.

4. Improve social interactions: small personal armies, chats, gifts for members, INTERACTION!

Punishing for level up – exp. points
This is common to almost all app strategy games I saw so far: If you do a lot of missions or fights (which should be the central and for me most exciting thing in a war game) you get “punished” by experience points and fast leveling up. So most players (apart from the very heavy gold players) are sooner or later camping, idling and building up a massive economy. This has nothing to do with strategy. How to solve this? Difficult, just two quick ideas:

5. You could also give exp. points for new buildings, upgrading buildings or camping per day

6. You could increase the no. of points for leveling up (they did that for the higher levels, same as Global war) or give optional exp. points (like the money) after doing missions.

--------------------------

A “War” Game
It makes no sense to raid or even attack in the medium to higher levels. Even if you win, you will lose more units (and gain too much exp. in the lower levels) than you win money, enemy units or battle points. It is not worth it. But what are you doing then – collecting nice virtual pictures of phantasy units?

7. Make battling and raiding more rewarding, more money, more battle points, more enemy units, more fun – less obligatory exp. points

8. The Boss…
There should be the same chances to get the loot from the boss event for low and high levels independent of your current tier. It should be even simpler to get it in the higher levels, also for light and non-gold players.

9. The Boss loot
I agree with some others who mentioned the “inflation” of the loots for the boss and other events over the time. That leads to an imbalance of the game and should be stopped.

-----------------------

Free players vs. gold players
Also this is common in games like MW, but some have solved it in a better way or are at least trying to do so. As a free or even light gold player it does not make sense to play past level 100-150 even with full economic power. No solution, but I saw some good ideas in this forum which even take into account the financial interest of GREE, some of them:

10. Limit of gold units to each player (e.g. 70%)

11. Not only levels, but also A/D values, iph among others (combination) should be taken into account when choosing the rival lists – so new classes can be defined

12. You can attack all players above your levels, but only few lower than your own if not attacked

13. No. of attacks and raids to inferior enemies could be restricted, so there are no “sudden desserts” any more…

----------------------

Other points
14. The “nation balance” in the game does not work. It only makes sense to play Russia or the Union Jack in the long term or even from the beginning. To play the US or Iran is never ever a benefit, Ground forces and Infantry (Germany, China) have much lower values, even the ones bought with valor are inferior now. And GREE is serving the high players with more planes and ships anyway.

15. Your vault should be filled up automatically when earning money till you reach the limit. It does not really make sense to do that manually, does it?

16. Inventory – get a clear structure
Just order the different units according to their attack or def. strengths (or gold, indestructables first) – even better if we could see which units were brought to battle (I know, difficult because of the “strong against”)

17. Decorations – give them sense
I visited at least 1.000 friendly or enemy bases – haven’t found any of them yet. Why? Just because they are of no use. Even the girls do not spend 8 gold for a red ugly tree. A possible solution would be to give building which are surrounded by a fence a 1% plus on defense, by sand sacks +2%, by concrete walls +3% and by a gate (bought by gold) by +4 %. Anyway, give them some sense…

18. Defense building – make them a real benefit
Up to now they do not make any difference. There defense values should be at least 5-10 times higher. Even the gold defense buildings make no difference. But it is not worth raiding anyway at that levels.

I wanted to stop before reaching 20 – so I do not mention topics like Support, Bugs, “Magic” box events, silly “Boosts” (some of them are by far too high, unbalancing the game even more, some are not working…) I shut up now.

Lt. Falcon
10-16-2012, 09:23 AM
This is common to almost all app strategy games I saw so far: If you do a lot of missions or fights (which should be the central and for me most exciting thing in a war game) you get “punished” by experience points and fast leveling up. So most players (apart from the very heavy gold players) are sooner or later camping, idling and building up a massive economy. This has nothing to do with strategy. How to solve this? Difficult, just two quick ideas:

5. You could also give exp. points for new buildings, upgrading buildings or camping per day

I applaud your suggestions but have to disagree with you one these.

Camping is a Strategy, maybe not for you. It may not be as exciting as plowing through the rivals list or completing missions, but none the less it provides a level of excitement to see how far over vault you can go for upgrades that are virtually unobtainable in the higher levels. Camping helps you build a solid economy, so you can purchase the high end units to take to battles. How does a free player compete with a gold player if their economy is weak? The answer is they don't!

Guderian40
10-16-2012, 10:07 AM
I applaud your suggestions but have to disagree with you one these.

Camping is a Strategy, maybe not for you. It may not be as exciting as plowing through the rivals list or completing missions, but none the less it provides a level of excitement to see how far over vault you can go for upgrades that are virtually unobtainable in the higher levels. Camping helps you build a solid economy, so you can purchase the high end units to take to battles. How does a free player compete with a gold player if their economy is weak? The answer is they don't!

I do almost completely agree with you, Falcon, on that. My wording was bad though and missleading.

I am a medium camper myself and I also think it is the only strategy for non and light gold players. That is also one reason why US and Iran make no sense to choose. I just wouldn' call it a "full strategy" for a war game though. And I saw several player exaggerating that (500k to 1 Million iph). I also lose somehow fun while doing that, but that is individually different. I am also sure from my experience in other games and many post here, that even the best economy does not help both of us when thrown in the sharks bassin, reaching level 150...

Apart from that i totally agree that this is the only kind of strategy or rahter "method" that can help - at least to survive longer. I recommend to read the post of Mad in the "What is the best strategy" threat about his exit strategy.

Lt. Falcon
10-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Some of the other suggestions that I have offered up in the past include.....

1. Add a new unit building called a "Hybrid Facility". This building as you level it up unlocks new units (cash & gold) such as a Robotic Exoskeleton (infantry-ground), Ambibious Tank (Sea-Ground), Armed Hovercraft (Sea-Ground) and S.H.I.E.L.D Heli-Carrier (sea-air).

2. Add a new boost building called "Army Core of Engineers" (I stole the name from someone else, don't know who) which would decrease upgrade times and at lvl 10 allow player to upgrade 2 buildings at once.

3. Add a new boost building called "Situation Room" or "War Room" which unlike the composites factory this building would increase alliance attack. (I like this idea, but then again I do have my doubts about it)

4. Add new defense buildings (not really a building) for the sea like an "Underwater Minefield" to better protect Naval Research Center, Oil Rigs and Desal. Plants.

5. More cash buildings like the infamous hacker buildings like "Global Satellite Arrays", "Explosive Depots" and "Reinforced Bunkers" (the last two I would like to see what they looked like as I saw these in a thread title).

6. More cash units to fill in gaps on the unit building upgrades. i.e. lvl 4& 5 Advanced Airbase

7. Add a new boost building called the "Military Treasury" which as you upgrade it would allow you to increase you vault size. (increments of 10% to Maximum Vault $20mil)

Just ideas that I have had or read from others

Baraka
10-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Wow too much reading for me. New buildings and more Insentives for free and light gold players.

JohnnyR
10-16-2012, 08:48 PM
I think each nation still has it's pros and cons, enough so that I am still tempted every now and again to switch to USA to get a stamina boost and raid more or Iran to be able to get more energy and acquire more boss loots. Even China has a great allure to me as an endgame choice, as my long term plan is to carry about 1500 meatshields (SEALs) and the rest split between Elite Ops Heli, Super Hornet, and Stealth Bomber.

My suggestion:
1) Missile silo, a new building giving players 5 missile strike "shots" per 24 hour period at anyone's vault of any size. Gold building, costing 250 with option of "refilling" for an additional 5 "shots" at 100 gold per refill. The effectiveness will be random, however each upgrade will raise the amount won in a strike from 10% of vault to 20% in 2% increments.
-Missile Defense Array, a building designed to protect against rival missile strikes. Starts off at 10% effectiveness, and raises 10% at each upgrade up to 60% strikes stopped.
-in lieu of this new added feature, raise vault limit to 20 million, and cap all damage to 10 million per day. This will protect at the same level as before, and giving savvy players a way to upgrade more buildings. A max single strike against a person's vault will be 4 million, however the max taken per 24 hour period will be 10 million.

I think this will solve the jammed up upper levels where nobody has any money out of vault and there are so few buildings to raid. What this will do is allow players to save up more in their vaults to upgrade cash buildings and have more reward for attackers to take!

albeezy
10-16-2012, 08:56 PM
There is only one STRATEGY in this game and it does not involve playing the actual game...I'll let yall guess at what it is before I reveal it...Happy guessing!

DKLennarth
10-17-2012, 06:31 AM
I have about 140 friends now and I would like to have a button to tap on if I like tap on to collect every money with my friends when I visit them. I did do it when I had 24 friends and collect my money, but now to do it 140 times, Puuhhh! But to have a button to tap on every day can make my thumb happy would be a great idea for many of us if they have also 100 friends.

I wisit them very often to see how they are doing..

With kindest regards, DKLennarth in Sweden

andy_xyz2004
10-17-2012, 06:42 AM
I have about 140 friends now and I would like to have a button to tap on if I like tap on to collect every money with my friends when I visit them. I did do it when I had 24 friends and collect my money, but now to do it 140 times, Puuhhh! But to have a button to tap on every day can make my thumb happy would be a great idea for many of us if they have also 100 friends.

I wisit them very often to see how they are doing..

With kindest regards, DKLennarth in Sweden

140k/day, thats awesome ..lol
So far i know, only 25k/day or 25 allies/day...

Whiskey Brother
10-19-2012, 07:22 PM
Every Military Base in the World has A Flag pole flying that Nations Banner.
Exept this game...
How about a Flag pole, and maybe even custom Flags?
Part of the fun for me is designing my base. Using trees to camoflauge SAM emplacements for example. I also think that a small "blacktop" icon to make roads would be neat. Just stacking buildings two by two facing the same direction looks fake...
I've been fairly creative with what's given, but the addition of these two things would be great!

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I think each nation still has it's pros and cons, enough so that I am still tempted every now and again to switch to USA to get a stamina boost and raid more or Iran to be able to get more energy and acquire more boss loots. Even China has a great allure to me as an endgame choice, as my long term plan is to carry about 1500 meatshields (SEALs) and the rest split between Elite Ops Heli, Super Hornet, and Stealth Bomber.

My suggestion:
1) Missile silo, a new building giving players 5 missile strike "shots" per 24 hour period at anyone's vault of any size. Gold building, costing 250 with option of "refilling" for an additional 5 "shots" at 100 gold per refill. The effectiveness will be random, however each upgrade will raise the amount won in a strike from 10% of vault to 20% in 2% increments.
-Missile Defense Array, a building designed to protect against rival missile strikes. Starts off at 10% effectiveness, and raises 10% at each upgrade up to 60% strikes stopped.
-in lieu of this new added feature, raise vault limit to 20 million, and cap all damage to 10 million per day. This will protect at the same level as before, and giving savvy players a way to upgrade more buildings. A max single strike against a person's vault will be 4 million, however the max taken per 24 hour period will be 10 million.

I think this will solve the jammed up upper levels where nobody has any money out of vault and there are so few buildings to raid. What this will do is allow players to save up more in their vaults to upgrade cash buildings and have more reward for attackers to take!
Intriguing ideas! That could definitely shoot new life into the game for everyone especially high level players.

Dreno33
10-19-2012, 09:22 PM
...most players are sooner or later camping, idling and building up a massive economy. This has nothing to do with strategy.

you're right. Who needs expensive and strong units? Slap me plz, Ive wasted all this time when I could have already been lvl 200!! :D

15. Your vault should be filled up automatically when earning money till you reach the limit. It does not really make sense to do that manually, does it?

should GREE wipe your a$$ too while playing MW on the sh!tter?

17. Decorations – give them sense
I visited at least 1.000 friendly or enemy bases – haven’t found any of them yet. Why? Just because they are of no use.

or b/c only androids can only seem them? or you know everything, puh-tae-toes puh-tah-toes.

Up to now they do not make any difference.

like i said, you seem to know everything. I agree, they are USELESS.

...I guess i will go sell my 5 lvl 10 guard towers after I post this....

I shut up now.
Grazie, and nice read soon-to-be "Senior Member" (:

Whiskey Brother
10-19-2012, 09:39 PM
Part of the fun for me is designing a base that looks like real base. Real military bases have trees. They also have fences and walls. Defensive emplacements are actually placed to defend. Not just crammed all together, all facing the same way, like I see in 95% of the bases I've seen. The different color barrels can be used to make Flags, pictures, etc. The trees also camoflage SAM emplacements and turrets. Making it SEEM like your base has no defenses in place, suckering in attackers who leave their shredded remains all over my wire... (I can see them fine on my Droid)
You can also use them as a sort of vault. Sure there is a 50% loss, but if you are over your vault limit and need the cash fast, there it is.

JohnnyR
10-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Whiskey Brother, you are right in the intent of all those pieces, however iOS users (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc...) are unable to view the decorations. Android users CAN see the decorations, but they are a relatively new set of players, for which decoration strategy might not be worth the time. I wish GREE would spend some time sorting out the problems trees cause and finding a work around, but that would probably not gain them any profit long or short run, so I don't expect it.

Fun
10-19-2012, 11:30 PM
you're right. Who needs expensive and strong units? Slap me plz, Ive wasted all this time when I could have already been lvl 200!! :D

should GREE wipe your a$$ too while playing MW on the sh!tter?

or b/c only androids can only seem them? or you know everything, puh-tae-toes puh-tah-toes.

Up to now they do not make any difference.

like i said, you seem to know everything. I agree, they are USELESS.

Grazie, and nice read soon-to-be "Senior Member" (:[/QUOTE]

Dreno when did you start being funny, I like it

Whiskey Brother
10-20-2012, 07:51 AM
Whiskey Brother, you are right in the intent of all those pieces, however iOS users (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc...) are unable to view the decorations. Android users CAN see the decorations, but they are a relatively new set of players, for which decoration strategy might not be worth the time. I wish GREE would spend some time sorting out the problems trees cause and
finding a work around, but that would probably not gain them any profit long or short run, so I don't expect it.

Wow.... I was not aware Ipad users could not see my trees and stuff... Im on a fairly new Droid, and I've always been able to see the trees, mine and other players. Now you have got me thinking how bare my base must look to some people, because I've got literally hundreds of trees and barrels, streetlights and. telephone poles, etc. around my base. My Elite training facility is literally surrounded by a forest, just as you would see on a real base.
Well.... It pleases me anyway...

Guderian40
10-21-2012, 08:31 AM

No, just keep it as - visible - decoration...

Guderian40
10-21-2012, 09:03 AM

If others cannot see them - does that make it better?

like i said, you seem to know everything.
Yes, I know. ;-)

Thanks to all users posting their ideas and suggestions so far! Some were partially implemented at least, eg. Boss level 100+, easier attack, more difficult defense, less inflation of units/loots

andypandy2
10-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I think we need an Officers Club. Our commanders need a place to unwind after a tough battle. A level 10 O Club would rebuild stamina faster (and have a nice buffet).

JohnnyR
10-21-2012, 12:56 PM
I think we need an Officers Club. Our commanders need a place to unwind after a tough battle. A level 10 O Club would rebuild stamina faster (and have a nice buffet).

Haven't seen this one before-awesome idea.

-JAY-THE-ROBBER-
10-21-2012, 12:59 PM
If others cannot see them - does that make it better?

Yes, I know. ;-)

Thanks to all users posting their ideas and suggestions so far! Some were partially implemented at least, eg. Boss level 100+, easier attack, more difficult defense, less inflation of units/loots

That is some real contributing to the game. And a great thread "not threat". I admire your willingness to contribute to the game. Wish more people cared as much. This forum could be so much more. I would like to acomplish what you have. But i spend my time trying to get rid of the trash here. Great job. Keep it up..and. Thanks..