PDA

View Full Version : Crate opening shenanigans?

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 03:04 AM
A certain person stated on this forum that he/she was in possession of 3,250 unopened crates in case someone wanted to contest the latest event.

In order to open enough crates in the last 3 hours of the event to surpass the previous leader, how many crates would one have to open if one had about 450 crates when they started trying to catch up to the prior leader?

I saw a total of 1596 for this player as the clock ticked down, and the person still appeared to be padding the lead.

Assume a player opens 2,800 crates (after admitting she/he had stashed away 3200+), how would you manage to get over 1,000 sprockets to end up with > 1,600 sprockets?

According to my math, and the math of a good friend, isn't that BETTER than a 1 in 3 drop rate?

If you started with > 400 sprockets, and ended with > 1,600 sprockets, a person would have needed > 1,200 sprockets in 3 hours.

Mind you, the 1,200 sprockets magically appeared just in time, that's what wizards and leprechauns do, isn't it?

Who cares how much this would have cost, it's only money.

What I'm trying to determine is if such a feat was humanly possible in 180 minutes?

Yeah, someone claims it happened, did it?

By my calculations that's 400 sprockets in an hour, with a BETTER than 1 in 3 drop rate.

By the way, there happens to be just 60 minutes in every hour.

That means I'm opening 6.7 crates every 60 seconds.

Odd, isn't it?

Or, is it impossible?

Do we have a genie, a leprechaun, a warlock, a witch, a sorcerer, or a wizard expert on the forum?

I'm just a simple, old, retired, country lawyer.

Maybe some of you geniuses can help a dummy like me make sense of this.

jay_usher
10-16-2012, 03:26 AM
I have spoken to field marshal Paul about this too

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 03:40 AM
It also poses another question.

If no high value trinket, to date, has never worked as advertised; isn't it counterintuitive to think the latest one offered would work?

By the way, no one knew what the grand prize trinket would be.

Furthermore, there was confusion that a special, high value trinket would even be awarded to the 1st place finisher.

Don't think the conspicuous absence of a certain, well know, very powerful competitor was by accident, either.

So, why would someone be so gracious to PROVE something that only THAT person has observed?

Not that I doubt it doesn't work, but wouldn't the prospect of an independent competitor getting the trinket be a problem for a certain corporation?

In fairness, one trinket did finally do as advertised.

That was the one that allows dual upgrades of your shacks and buildings.

That trinket was released as inoperable.

A few days later it worked for some odd days.

However, it failed a few weeks after it had been released.

Complaints flooded in, and eventually it began working as advertised.

Sam @
10-16-2012, 05:17 AM
That person had to have in possession the 3000+ crates for it to work obviously. As money is not an issue, assume you open 3000 crates, that would cost 90k gold! 😱 (3000*(15 reset+15 gold open))

The question is how many seconds does it take to reset the timer and open a crate? Roughly 5-6 seconds total (about 2-3 seconds reset and 2-3 to open?) ⏰⌛⌚

Time wise it is possible, but that means for 3 straight hours you would have to keep pressing reset/open without rest! 😳

I was amazed myself, but technically it is possible.

I play both Crime City and MW auctions and the highest I've seen the top prize for CC was just over 600 successful opens. I've won the top prize with only 425 opens. I can't keep up with you guys lol. 🙈🏃🏃🏃

GRW
10-16-2012, 05:17 AM
3,250 crates cached for the final push? That must mean that "the" player must have massively attacked rivals who literally must have been leaking red boxes. The most I ever got was 5...and then they had to be left alone for 2 hours to "recuperate". As to the 1 in 3 drop rate...I received variously....an ally which was no good to me, valour, which again is no good to me, fortified snipers, again no good to me, supply frigates, ditto, some stupid little buggy that can't even sit 4 people and...oh yes, a sprocket...so that is 1,2,3,4,5,6, yes 6 units at least that have to cycle around. I will use myself as representative, I opened enough boxes and ws at the top end of the leaderboard. I received enough junk allies to realise that it was around one sixth of the total number of sprockets I managed to successfully receive. If that were to be consistent across all the prize groups a 1 in 3 drop rate is pretty good going...just a thought

GRW
10-16-2012, 05:46 AM
Actually Sam it is more than that...you have assumed that every "open" is successful...by my calculations and using my above post, if you have a one in six drop rate and you received 1596 "succesful" sprocket openings, you will have opened 9576 boxes....now times that by 30, as you say re-set timer, try again, so 9576 boxes times 30 gold equals 287,280 gold bars to open all of the boxes, remember I am using one in six. Now divide 287280 by 1500 (the amount of gold in a Gree vault) which will give you the number of "refills" of gold required just to open the boxes...not reload stamina etc..that figure then becomes 191.52 100 dolar ITunes cards (or their equivalent)...grand total spent on this event alone over $19,200

Selfproclaimed
10-16-2012, 06:10 AM
Idk but I watched him climb up from 460 in the last few hours, he didnt just pop on the mass, he actually worked its way up pretty fast.

Tctiger
10-16-2012, 06:21 AM
You two should get together and buy gree , take the gold out and see who can get to the top with skill not cash it would be more fun. Or just come to an agreement on winning one event each every week it would work out a lot cheaper , if ferr wants to win every week you may as well save your cash.

44mag
10-16-2012, 06:24 AM
I agree with you!..

My drop rate for sprockets was 1 in 10 to 15 at the most
The last 2 hours it went to 1 in 8 at best.

Magic it's all around us you know!

Your mathematical equation and insight are right on!

Enjoy the good life bro. I saw Crown Royal for all...at least we can see what's in the bottle!.

44Mag your brother in MW

Q Raider
10-16-2012, 06:29 AM
And the front runner at that time was alerted on their in game message board Selfproclaimed.

Even though the term used was "Weasel" it was patently obvious as to whom the message referred and to what the matter was about.

As for getting the required number of crates, PVE in the higher maps in the last day or two gives drops very regularly, easily one in two for me.

Opening rate success on the sprockets, unknown as to if the success rate varies or not. We know it did with the old collect ten events, but with these events, who really knows. Perhaps someone who can read the game files will be able to work out what the game percentages indicate.

Fl@sh
10-16-2012, 06:50 AM
I opened about 60 crates with 2 hours left, took me about 20 minutes to obtain and open all crates. I received about 30 (+/- 2) sprockets out of the 60 opens. That have me a 50% success rate. In the first two events, I have noticed around a 40% success rate in the last few hours. The third auction event I was a complete non-participant.

Ryans67
10-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Success rate goes up at the end, as does the box drop rate. I'll spend a couple days getting to 10, and then could jump to 25 for under 600 gold doing resets. Very crooked.

GRW
10-16-2012, 07:04 AM
Well guys..you had a lot better drop rate than I could manage!

Fl@sh
10-16-2012, 07:14 AM
The first few events the drop rate slowed dramatically in the middle of the event, toward the end, there were times I would get 3 or 4 in a row. Self proclaimed can tell you his story about the last 10 crate event. I got the 10th item in 22 minutes, SP started before me and never received it.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 09:12 AM
So, it seems the consensus is that an average human could open 400 crates every hour for three hours.

Very interesting.

P. T. Barnum was right.

Selfproclaimed
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
If I had the crates already on hand.. I think a person could easily open a lot more than 400 in an hr...

rrnj6890
10-16-2012, 09:21 AM
So, it seems the consensus is that an average human could open 400 crates every hour for three hours.

Very interesting.

P. T. Barnum was right.

Your right Pirate , something stinks....

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 09:32 AM
"Move along people, just move along", said Officer Friendly, "Nothing to see here, those aren't dead bodies, they're only drunks sleeping one off!"

Baraka
10-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah nothing stinks Ferr is a legend. He's your Forum hero I could easily do like a 1000 an hour easily.

Poopenshire
10-16-2012, 09:53 AM
between the lag in the leaderboards the lag in the game and lag in Gree(d) doing anything about all of the above, does it really matter. How can we tell how many Ferr had opened or even consider had opened when someone refreshed the leaderboard, especally when we don't know how old that leaderboard data is. I think this is all a red herring.

Gambit12
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
A certain person stated on this forum that he/she was in possession of 3,250 unopened crates in case someone wanted to contest the latest event.

In order to open enough crates in the last 3 hours of the event to surpass the previous leader, how many crates would one have to open if one had about 450 crates when they started trying to catch up to the prior leader?

I saw a total of 1596 for this player as the clock ticked down, and the person still appeared to be padding the lead.

Assume a player opens 2,800 crates (after admitting she/he had stashed away 3200+), how would you manage to get over 1,000 sprockets to end up with > 1,600 sprockets?

According to my math, and the math of a good friend, isn't that BETTER than a 1 in 3 drop rate?

If you started with > 400 sprockets, and ended with > 1,600 sprockets, a person would have needed > 1,200 sprockets in 3 hours.

Mind you, the 1,200 sprockets magically appeared just in time, that's what wizards and leprechauns do, isn't it?

Who cares how much this would have cost, it's only money.

What I'm trying to determine is if such a feat was humanly possible in 180 minutes?

Yeah, someone claims it happened, did it?

By my calculations that's 400 sprockets in an hour, with a BETTER than 1 in 3 drop rate.

By the way, there happens to be just 60 minutes in every hour.

That means I'm opening 6.7 crates every 60 seconds.

Odd, isn't it?

Or, is it impossible?

Do we have a genie, a leprechaun, a warlock, a witch, a sorcerer, or a wizard expert on the forum?

I'm just a simple, old, retired, country lawyer.

Maybe some of you geniuses can help a dummy like me make sense of this.

The bottom line is you lost it big time. You were ahead like 410 sprockets, the guy is sitting at 351 & your were at 761. 3 hrs later before the event ends, he turned it around big time. Where were you in the last 3 hrs of the event, 'Sleeping?'

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 10:16 AM
The bottom line is you lose it big time. You were ahead like 410 sprockets, the guy is sitting at 351 & your were at 761. 3 hrs later before the event ends, he turned it around big time. Where were you in the last 3 hrs of the event, 'Sleeping?'

My goodness, you never fail to surprise me.

I wasn't competing for the top prize.

You're confusing me with another player.

No worries, I'll drop by and introduce myself.

That way you will remember me.

I'm thinking "deep sixXxy" or "blazing saddles number six", your choice, my treat!!!!

In fact, I'll bring my pals.

How about tonight about 2100 hours CSDST?

albeezy
10-16-2012, 10:17 AM
So I guess the lesson learned is stockpile boxes till the last 3-5 hours and make a surprise finish?

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 10:19 AM
So I guess the lesson learned is stockpile boxes till the last 3-5 hours and make a surprise finish?

The lesson learned hasn't been learned.

Its been taught for the last six months.

Few have learned it.

albeezy
10-16-2012, 10:41 AM

Few have learned it.
That is why I play mostly for free. I promised myself no more school when I graduated...But I learned a lot in school when I was in it!

Corsair
10-16-2012, 10:44 AM

Few have learned it.It's hard to take you seriously with this -- "The cloak was not a joke, it was a HOAX! Hail PUN!" -- as your signature. It sounds like you are just trying to rile people up. If speedump/stephen or WDIGeorge were bringing this up, it might register a bit differently.

Poopenshire
10-16-2012, 10:47 AM
This is something everyone is either going to get or not going to get on their own. I doubt it can be taught.

albeezy
10-16-2012, 10:49 AM
This is something everyone is either going to get or not going to get on their own. I doubt it can be taught.
Agree, especially when no one wants to just put it down in plain words for everyone to evaulate FERR themselves!

Gambit12
10-16-2012, 10:56 AM
My goodness, you never fail to surprise me.

I wasn't competing for the top prize.

You're confusing me with another player.

No worries, I'll drop by and introduce myself.

That way you will remember me.

I'm thinking "deep sixXxy" or "blazing saddles number six", your choice, my treat!!!!

In fact, I'll bring my pals.

How about tonight about 2100 hours CSDST?

You talk so much during the event & now you say your not competing for the grand prize. C'mon now!

If your confuse, its still me the same in game name that you raid & get only one crates per at least 12 shots of stamina...i don't keep them only one at a time...

Are you threatening me & my base...Go ahead you can party there all you want. & you can bring all your fraternity brothers with you & your thousand of LE units there too if you want...

The blazing saddles you said, i think i seen that before in one of ghost rider movie...I think that's ghost rider friend or something...

i'll wait for you in 2100 hrs no less or no more...Just don't be late, okey!

Speed ump
10-16-2012, 10:58 AM
They still would not understand if what was said in the simplest of terms, and/ or would argue or pick apart what was said.

Poopenshire
10-16-2012, 11:00 AM
They still would not understand if what was said in the simplest of terms, and/ or would argue or pick apart what was said.

I hate to say it, and please don't you dare start to rub it in, but you might be right on a few more things than I will admit in public.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 11:05 AM
It's hard to take you seriously with this -- "The cloak was not a joke, it was a HOAX! Hail PUN!" -- as your signature. It sounds like you are just trying to rile people up. If speedump/stephen or WDIGeorge were bringing this up, it might register a bit differently.

You, as is anyone, are free to conclude whatever they wish.

I don't post to be popular.

I post because I am free to do so.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Flies have an innate ability to locate feces.

Flies probably think bees are inferior.

Bees have an innate ability to locate nectar, from which they produce honey.

Flies regurgitate the feces they consume, and ingest it to continue their digestive process.

Flies and bees both be buzzin,

But no bee would claim a fly as its cousin.

JohnnyR
10-16-2012, 11:24 AM
There are many cheaters and hackers in this game.
The one you encountered was NOT a leprechaun, a warlock, a witch, a sorcerer, or a wizard
He continues to play this game.
He continues to spend real money to play this game.
You will continue to encounter other players with great strategy.
However, you need to refine your skills of discernment and improve your ability to determine HIM from a GENIE.
What you encountered was Ferr.
We encounter HIM, too.
We aggressively work with the Gree authorities and report THEM, when we encounter THEM.
Gree does ban THEM.
I suggest that in game reporting is far more effective in shutting THEM down, than anonymous forum posting.
Hail FERR!

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Imitation, the sincerest form of flattery and adulation.

Thank God Almighty, I got me a "fan boy"!!!!

Heck, I got me a "flock of fan boys".

Gambit12
10-16-2012, 11:30 AM
Flies have an innate ability to locate feces.

Flies probably think bees are inferior.

Bees have an innate ability to locate nectar, from which they produce honey.

Flies regurgitate the feces they consume, and ingest it to continue their digestive process.

Flies and bees both be buzzin,

But no bee would claim a fly as its cousin.

Your good in poetry & i think nobody beats you in poetry...I think your the winner in the poetry weekend & probably every weekend you'll win, no doubt...

Jhenry02
10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Where I am from fairies like poetry.

Sam @
10-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Actually Sam it is more than that...you have assumed that every "open" is successful...by my calculations and using my above post, if you have a one in six drop rate and you received 1596 "succesful" sprocket openings, you will have opened 9576 boxes....now times that by 30, as you say re-set timer, try again, so 9576 boxes times 30 gold equals 287,280 gold bars to open all of the boxes, remember I am using one in six. Now divide 287280 by 1500 (the amount of gold in a Gree vault) which will give you the number of "refills" of gold required just to open the boxes...not reload stamina etc..that figure then becomes 191.52 100 dolar ITunes cards (or their equivalent)...grand total spent on this event alone over $19,200

No, it was 3000 crates and it was 1000 success opens in the last few hours, so it sounds right. I did find that the drop rate did increase near the end. Either way if you were sitting on 3000 crates and opened them all in 3 hours, it would cost 90k gold.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 11:41 AM
Where I am from fairies like poetry.

So, you DO believe in fairies, huh?

I've never seen a fairy, or even associated with one.

I'll bet they're pretty cool, though.

I liked that one portrayed in Peter Pan, Tinkerbell.

She was pretty helpful to Peter and his pals.

Nothing wrong in liking many things.

Heck, CCM must like poetry, too.

People need to be well rounded, its the sign of an educated person.

Sam @
10-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Every month, I think there's about 3 of these auction type events, 2 boss events and maybe 1 ten item event? So there's going to be 36-40 of the auction leader board events in a year.

For Cc, what I usually do is I look at the leader boards and the top prize. If it's worth it, I will go for it. For example, there was a top prize I wanted but my buddy was going for it, so I asked he was serious. He said yes, so I backed off. I didn't want to make him spend more gold than necessary although I was sitting on 100k gold and could of easily won the event. In the end, he did win with minimal gold.

The next event, he did the same and I ended up winning the top prize.

I do have to say, you MW guys have some deep pockets! I will just stick with the top 50 prize. 

Gambit12
10-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Every month, I think there's about 3 of these auction type events, 2 boss events and maybe 1 ten item event? So there's going to be 36-40 of the auction leader board events in a year.

For Cc, what I usually do is I look at the leader boards and the top prize. If it's worth it, I will go for it. For example, there was a top prize I wanted but my buddy was going for it, so I asked he was serious. He said yes, so I backed off. I didn't want to make him spend more gold than necessary although I was sitting on 100k gold and could of easily won the event. In the end, he did win with minimal gold.

The next event, he did the same and I ended up winning the top prize.

I do have to say, you MW guys have some deep pockets! I will just stick with the top 50 prize. 

what's your in game name sam?

Sam @
10-16-2012, 01:05 PM
For Cc it's Sam, yours?

Mcdoc
10-16-2012, 02:48 PM
I was sometimes getting 3 sprockets in a row - then 2 or 3 junk prizes and 1 or 2 more sprockets. The drop rate for those sprockets was way better on the last day -IM SURE BY DESIGN- to get more people to compete.

This whole "Auction" setup is designed to create panic & competition & to have you break your own self limits when it seems the prize is just a few more opens away - then the target gets moved ever so slightly to entice you to spend another $100.

I was sure I could have stayed in the top 50 with $300 to $400 - I'm sure $400 was more accurate. So if $400 was the minimum to be in the top 50 - that's $20,000 between 50 players - but the top 2 probably spent more than that combined.

Regardless of all that - this is a war game - and sometimes a strategy in war is to appear defeated in order to lure your opponent into lowering their guard just enough to let you regain the element of surprise - I think Ferr mastered that strategy and PUN fell for it and got * PWND! Sitting back to collect 3500 crates without opening them takes discipline & a master strategy.

to PUN - I got much respect for you - but you got outsmarted and out spent on this one - and in the words of the Governator - Stop Whining (even though it may or may not be PUN who is the big whiner)

All Hail Ferr - LoL

* I don't know where PWND came from other than when people used to say "you got owned" - I started seeing PWND in posts - so somehow it seems to increase the insult.

EDIT: because I AM a fan of conspiracy theories - I will admit one inconsistency I have observed on this matter. I just popped over to begin to read Ferr's thread about how (Surprise) the Sea Boost on the New unit did not work and right there in s own words he stated that he relentlessly attacked several rivals over and over in the last half hour of the contest to document the results . . . . . . .but that seems to contradict with the amount of time it would take to relentlessly open crates during the last 3 hours of the event.

Just an intriguing observation from someone who doesn't believe Jet planes can cause 101 story concrete & steel building to crumble like a controlled explosive demolition.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-16-2012, 03:33 PM
There are none so blind as those who choose not to see.

Hondo
10-16-2012, 05:53 PM
It is better to be thought of as an idiot, rather than open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

FromAfar
10-16-2012, 09:48 PM
guys, you folks are arguing about a stupid game that you're spending real money on (some of ya) and wow. that's blasted silly.

seeing guys spend REAL money here, the arguing about it here, just makes me laugh. it's a game, it ain't worth money. the people here (gree) are taking in money. if they had to live in an audited environ, the would be out of business for all the monetary things that are busted!

take a chill pill, or bottle, whatever your preference, and relax. stop spending money on it.

oh well. sorry to interrupt. go back to bashing. good night.