PDA

View Full Version : Money Building Timers keep resetting - Please help!

snuke
10-15-2012, 03:27 PM
I'm having a problem with my money buildings resetting to max time without giving any money. At first it was just the lowest timers, like laundromats (no big deal) and arcades - basically anything 3 hours or less. I would open the app, see that there was about an hour left on my Italian restaurant, log out. I'd then open the app maybe 15 minutes later and my Italian restaurants would be reset back to 3 hours! And this usually happens with the laundromats, arcades nearly every other time I log in.

Well now it's happening with other higher $$$ buildings such as my Movie Theaters, Lofts, etc.

Has anyone experienced this issue before? I'm playing on a Galaxy Nexus, Android version 4.1.1. It's starting to really annoy me since I'm getting screwed out of money I've been waiting for, in some cases 24 hour money buildings.

I let Funzio know about it but they had no answer and simply said they'd "Look into it". Does anyone have any suggestions? I got rid of a battery saver app that I thought might have been screwing with it but that didn't help.

mxz
10-15-2012, 03:30 PM
Interesting. Anything else funky going on with your phone's clock? For instance, if you set a 3 hour timer on it does it go off in 3 hours? Check your date/time settings, are they correct?

What region are you in? (US, Australia, UK, EU, Thailand, etc...)

I'm a little shaky on Android OS versions - is that the newest one available for your phone?

kidpresentable
10-15-2012, 03:47 PM
This happens quite often with my Laundromats, it should always be awaiting collection if I haven't been on for a while, but I sometimes log in and find it's counting down from just over 4 minutes.

snuke
10-15-2012, 03:49 PM
Interesting. Anything else funky going on with your phone's clock? For instance, if you set a 3 hour timer on it does it go off in 3 hours? Check your date/time settings, are they correct?

What region are you in? (US, Australia, UK, EU, Thailand, etc...)

I'm a little shaky on Android OS versions - is that the newest one available for your phone?

Thanks for the reply, mxz. My clock is working perfectly fine. No issues with timers or alarms and date settings are good too. I'm in the US, east coast.

Yeah, I'm all updated with the latest OS too (although I must say I wish they'd do another update since I've had my issues with it in other areas).

It's odd because the problem isn't regular. I notice it a lot when I switch in and out of wifi, but again, even when I'm home on my own network it happens. I'm just guessing, but i feel as though the problem happens when the app loads up - like it just resets the timers on some of the buildings because it can't save the data from the last time I exited.

Oddly enough I DON'T have this problem with Modern Warfare at all.

snuke
10-15-2012, 03:53 PM
This happens quite often with my Laundromats, it should always be awaiting collection if I haven't been on for a while, but I sometimes log in and find it's counting down from just over 4 minutes.

Yes, exactly. For a while it was just the laundromats giving me this problem. Now I'm losing serious $$$ on other buildings doing it. What could be causing this?

Deluxe
10-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Someone snuck a snuke up your snizz!!!

Euchred
10-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Someone snuck a snuke up your snizz!!!

Watched that episode last night. True story

mxz
10-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Do you bank in CC?
Do you use the vault in MW?

Another problem I could see is if you're no-banking in CC you may not be syncing your hood to the server (usually this isn't a problem, but it could be). Since vaulting is free more players tend to do it, and consequently end up syncing their hood.

If no-banking might be the problem try adding or removing $1 to/from your bank after collections, see if it changes anything.

snuke
10-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Watched that episode last night. True story

"I'm in charge here."
"Not anymore you're not."

snuke
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Do you bank in CC?
Do you use the vault in MW?

Another problem I could see is if you're no-banking in CC you may not be syncing your hood to the server (usually this isn't a problem, but it could be). Since vaulting is free more players tend to do it, and consequently end up syncing their hood.

If no-banking might be the problem try adding or removing $1 to/from your bank after collections, see if it changes anything.
Huh, interesting idea. I do bank in both MW and CC, but I haven't added much to my CC bank in a while. So maybe I'll try taking out a dollar or adding one? See if that does anything?

Also, I don't have alerts on. Think turning that on might keep some buildings from resetting?

mxz
10-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Alerts are broken anyway...not sure they'd help either way, but if futzing with the banking doesn't work it's worth a try.

Let us know how it goes.

snuke
10-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Alerts are broken anyway...not sure they'd help either way, but if futzing with the banking doesn't work it's worth a try.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks again, mxz. I took out a dollar from my bank just to try what you mentioned - loaded it up a bunch of times since and so far no resets from any of my buildings. But it's only been about two hours, so small sample size.

When you exit CC, do you hit back or whatever button on your phone and bring up the "do you wish to exit" screen? For a while, I was just hitting the 'Home" button on my phone to get me out of the app. I'm not sure if either way could cause problems.

HenryVIII
10-15-2012, 05:47 PM
My buddy had the same deal happen to him on his Android. I think he just sent in a ticket, he has not complained of it happening anymore.

snuke
10-15-2012, 05:49 PM
My buddy had the same deal happen to him on his Android. I think he just sent in a ticket, he has not complained of it happening anymore.

Hmm, I've already sent two tickets (once when it was just my laundromats and now again with nearly every other building). Maybe I'll send one more.

Well, I spoke too soon in my last post. Just opened it up again and my laundromats and arcade were reset back to max time. Ugh. Wish I could nail down what the heck is doing it.

the_dude
10-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Hey snuke, download titanium backup from google play (if you haven't already). Do a full backup of your crime city app. Uninstall your app and reinstall it from the play store and see if this fixes it. If you loose your data just reinstall it from titanium.

Its important to back up your data before upgrading and reinstalling because ive had that corrupt my data and revert to the default Alex before.

mxz
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
@the_dude, that shouldn't happen as the game is tied to your UDID, not any soft data on the device. Many others have deleted and reinstalled without problems. Backing up is unnecessary and a waste of time.

That said, if you're screwing around and faking/changing your UDID you will have problems.

snuke
10-15-2012, 06:18 PM
Hey snuke, download titanium backup from google play (if you haven't already). Do a full backup of your crime city app. Uninstall your app and reinstall it from the play store and see if this fixes it. If you loose your data just reinstall it from titanium.

Its important to back up your data before upgrading and reinstalling because ive had that corrupt my data and revert to the default Alex before.

OK, couldn't I also back it up through Funzio? Or is that only when transferring to another phone?

the_dude
10-15-2012, 06:24 PM
@the_dude, that shouldn't happen as the game is tied to your UDID, not any actual data on the device. Many others have deleted and reinstalled without problems. Backing up is unnecessary and a waste of time.

That said, if you're screwing around and faking/changing your UDID you will have problems.

I agree that shouldn't happen ;)

The android version is buggy as hell though and ive had the app corrupt my data twice when upgrading. Luckily i had backups.

@snuke, titanium backup is free and probably the best piece of software on google play. All is backed up user side not on the cloud. I'm using ICS btw.

snuke
10-15-2012, 06:30 PM
@snuke, titanium backup is free and probably the best piece of software on google play. All is backed up user side not on the cloud. I'm using ICS btw.
Do I have to root my phone? 'Cause I have no idea where to start there.

the_dude
10-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Do I have to root my phone? 'Cause I have no idea where to start there.

OK, you're right that piece of software does require root. I didn't think of that. I'm sure there are other non root backup programs but i have no experience with them.

Either way, as long as you write down your friend code, if something goes wrong support should be able to fix the problem. Also since you contacted support, the email you sent them has device specific details such as device id # and player id# that only you would have.

iteachem
10-15-2012, 07:20 PM
Two points... I have a camper android as well and have seen my account become an Alex when loading..l deleted the app and reinstalled and everything was fine...

Secondly I have seen the same non reset a few times... I think it is due to a certain game sequence as it happens frequently enough to annoy me (only low level buildings) and but not enough for me to remember the exact sequence that occurs after I collect.

I will watch for it, but I am pretty sure there is a workaround...

the_dude
10-15-2012, 07:32 PM
Something strange i've noticed is if you loose wifi connection sometimes you miss collections. Also sometimes when you collect buildings with bad wifi it will restart the app and you get to collect them again. Very strange random occurrance. I wonder if this is only with android.

@snuke reinstalling is worth a shot imo

the_dude
10-15-2012, 11:24 PM
Another reason i back up the game data before upgrading or reinstalling the app, is if there was an event going on i would lose the event and my progress. So if you're committed to this event, id wait till it is over just to be safe.

Ghost818
10-16-2012, 12:33 AM
This actually used to happen on iOS also, but a long long time ago and ONLY with laundromats. However this was fixed in later builds/updates.

tower
10-16-2012, 02:07 AM
Happens to me ALL the time. I'm on android as well, 4.1.1 but it's been happening since before Jelly Bean.

No rhyme or reason, the buildings just reset timer with no collect. I noticed a couple higher end buildings did it for the first noticeable time the other day. I have all buildings available at my level 85, with exception to magic things and nightclubs, and it happens mostly to the lower end ones, ESPECIALLY Laundromats.

Anyway, you're not the only one and it's nothing you're doing specifically. Maybe one day we'll get an update for it but we just seem to be getting New! Scratchers!! over and over for now.

snuke
10-20-2012, 11:59 AM
@snuke reinstalling is worth a shot imo

I actually did that a while back, but maybe it's worth a shot again.

So Gree support actually reset all my buildings to see if that did anything. Actually, what it did was turn all my timers down to zero - so when I loaded the game up on Friday afternoon EVERY building had a payout, even ones that should not have yielded money for another 20+ hours.

BUT, alas, this did not solve the problem either. Judging by what others have said, I guess its just something that I'll have to wait for an update. I'm guessing its an issue with my phone and not the app itself.

the_dude
10-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Nice, they synched all your buildings you. I'll have to try that.

Oh and btw ES file explorer can back up your apps and doesnt require root. That is another good program for file browsing on android.

daware
10-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Snuke,

I will answer a few things from my point of view. I'm an Android user with a Galaxy Nexus as well. For Crime City, you don't need to back up anything with Titanium Backup or any other root access apps because data is stored on their server. All you have to do is make sure you're signed in with your funzio ID and you can always transfer the data. The only time you'd need to do this is if you're switching phones, or factory resetting/completely wiping your phone. You can safely uninstall and re-install the app without losing anything.

As for your issue with buildings not collecting, the only problem I ever had was with Laundromats a couple times. Myself being a banking player (I'm a free player and not strong enough), I always bank all my money and withdraw $1. To leave the app, I hit the back button, and say yes to "Really leave Crime City?" I'm not sure if some people just hit home, but this is what I do and I can't remember the last time a building of mine didn't collect including Laundromats.

I will note that my friend who has a Galaxy S III cannot always collect his Laundromats, but he's camping and not banking. It leads me to believe the issue deals with a player's banking.

Long story short (too late), if you bank, just withdraw $1 before you exit like mxz mentioned.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it makes sense and helps you.

snuke
10-25-2012, 07:41 PM
Snuke,

As for your issue with buildings not collecting, the only problem I ever had was with Laundromats a couple times. Myself being a banking player (I'm a free player and not strong enough), I always bank all my money and withdraw $1. To leave the app, I hit the back button, and say yes to "Really leave Crime City?" I'm not sure if some people just hit home, but this is what I do and I can't remember the last time a building of mine didn't collect including Laundromats.

I will note that my friend who has a Galaxy S III cannot always collect his Laundromats, but he's camping and not banking. It leads me to believe the issue deals with a player's banking.

Long story short (too late), if you bank, just withdraw $1 before you exit like mxz mentioned.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it makes sense and helps you.

Totally works! Thanks a ton MXZ and daware! I have been withdrawing $1 before closing out the app (even though I don't really bank a lot of money) and every time I reload, my buildings are in their correct time, no resets to max. It's kind of annoying to have to do it - I would rather just quickly close the app whenever I want. But this seems to get the job done. So for the time being, I'll keep doing it.

Thanks again!

TeflonDog
12-27-2012, 08:12 PM
I have been getting this problem for a couple months as well... except usually only with Laundromats. I have always been banking. However, this week I tried no-banking and I got the problem with MT and Lofts. This happened when I had around $900k in cash.

Euchred
12-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I have been getting this problem for a couple months as well... except usually only with Laundromats. I have always been banking. However, this week I tried no-banking and I got the problem with MT and Lofts. This happened when I had around $900k in cash.

It's best to withdraw 1$ from your bank after you collect while no banking to allow the server to communicate with your account and keep everything in order.

mxz
12-27-2012, 10:57 PM
It's best to withdraw 1$ from your bank after you collect while no banking to allow the server to communicate with your account and keep everything in order.I've started to port to my loot map of choice for PVE and then to back to my hood. You normally force an client-server sync that way.

name
12-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Banking 10 (the minimum allowed) also does the synch.
I've read somewhere refreshing your player list also forces the synch, but haven't tried that one.

AK-47
12-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Banking 10 (the minimum allowed) also does the synch.
I've read somewhere refreshing your player list also forces the synch, but haven't tried that one.
^^^This^^^
I too had this problem for awhile. Many months ago however. My 2 cents on resolving the issue:
If I am running around PvP-ing, I just log out whenever/wherever. This seems to always keep me in touch with the CC servers.
If I am just logging in to collect, I ALWAYS deposit $10 to the bank, and refresh my rivals list 3 or 4 times before I log back out. Been doing this for months(now that I no bank), and can't remember ever seeing the timer issue in that time.

I too was frustrated with the timer resets and this was the solution that works best for me. Hope all Android players can use this info, because lets face it... IOS probably doesn't have this problem.

Steve0
12-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Since i no bank, I will just go to the rivals list and hit refresh, works for me. I made the mistake of hitting deposit once lost multi millions. I found a different way.