PDA

View Full Version : Crime City Forums: Beginners Glossary

Ramshutu
10-15-2012, 01:29 PM
There have been current set of threads posting various different guides, and as I like to follow trends, I thought I'd add the following: A glossary of terms that those outside the forum, or who are visiting it for the first time may not understand:

+1, +1000, +N
Frequently used by forum members to denote pleasure or agreement with a given post. Used throughout the internet, but it seems to have caught on more here than anywhere else.

A/D, Atk, Def
Attack/Defense statistics.

Auction Event
An event where the goal is to be the player with the most XXXX items.

Best of The Best Guide
A sticked thread that contains links to useful guides for all players.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15506-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

BLNT
Better Luck Next Time... This abbreviation is used to describe an unsuccessful attempt to open a box in a box event. Used in a number of threads tracking progress. (See Sorry... and Box Events...)

Boss Event
An event where the goal is to kill a specific "boss" character XXX times. These events have not yet been made available to Android users.

Box Event
This is an event that follows a pattern of having to collect "Boxes" from PvP, or PvE, and then open them for a reward. These can be either an Auction (See Auction Event) or a Collect 10 Event in the case of Android (See collect 10)

Bracket
The other players that are around the same level, and mafia count as you. Your bracket is the typical range of players that you see, and can see you in your attack list.

Camping/Camper
This is a person who builds their economy, performing no tasks, or actions that earn XP, staying at a low level.

CCM
Crime City Mark. The main representative from Gree in the forums. Avatar looks like a retired lawyer explaining a skin condition.

Collect 10 Event
An event (now retired on iOS, but still active in Android), where the aim is to obtain 10 of a given item. As you gain more items, the next becomes more difficult to find. Most players who play for free will end the event with 8 or 9 items, with it being next to impossible to collect all 10 without gold.

CK
Cold Karma Mafia. This is a formal group of players, formed from a merger between the Cold Mafia, and the Karma group.

Crates
A gold-purchased item in the game, that yeilds a chance of getting common,uncommon or rare items. Used to be really good stats, but have been slowly getting lower stats.

Crawling
See Tortoise.

CW
Chain Whip: Respect unlocked Melee item. First unlocked item of the highest tier of RP Items.

DD
Double Decker, An older item that was often farmed by players on several maps. The drop rate has been significantly lowered,

ECB
Empire Central Bus. A commonly farmed vehicle. Drops from Red Cascade in the Red Light District mid level map area.

Fair Chance
For a box Event, this is a small chance of opening the box, sometimes between 20-60%, but generally < 40%.

Farming
Trying to earn multiple items of a given type by repeatedly carrying out a particular PvE mission.

FCG
Full Combat Gear. Respect point purchased armour item. It is in the highest tear of items.

GFI
Gain For Investment: Used when Discussing your economy and describes the amount of income per hour gain you will get per hour for a given building, including the time it takes to save for the upgrade.

GT
Gattling Turret: Mid level Defense building, best known for it's small footprint.

Indian(s)
A formal "group" of players, mostly high stat gold players at the top end of the game. So named as they have TeePees in their hood.

IPH
Income Per hour. Measure of a persons economy.

Hatter
Uber Troll. Probably still here in the forums, under a pseudonym, but the original name has faded into memory.

Henchman
An Extra mafia member that is awarded within the game, either as a the result of completing missions, from events are purchased. Trolls in the forum often to suggest to new players to "spend gold on Mafia members." This is used as an in-joke, as the henchmen have almost no value.

HL
High Level. A higher level player. Normally used in relative terms to denote someone above around 170. See Shark Tank.

LLP
Low Level Player, normally referring to a main players secondary account (on an iPad, or iPod);

M4A1 / M4 / M1
A Gun/Weapon that originally had high stats, but was replaced with a Rusty equivalent on the maps where it appears, as it was assumed to be overpowered.

Medium Chance
The chance of opening an box in a box event. While this may vary from player to player, this is normally around 50%.

MT
1.) Movie Theature: Income Building.
2.) Missile Turret, a higher level defense building.

NC
Night Club: Income Building, the biggest income per hour building in the game.

Necro
Bumping a REALLY old thread. This has normally been done by either new people, or trolls. It is one of CCM's pet hates, and will at the least result in the lock of the thread, but can end up with a ban if done repeatedly.

Nicholost
Former forumite and player. Contributed a number of mathematical analysis of the game. Including, No-banking analysis, cash per hit, and mafia bracketing. Still, no one took him seriously due to his avatar consisting of the Crime City Guy picking his nose.

No Banking
Not using the games bank. Used by players who have higher stats for their level, and whose banking losses would be more than their PvP losses.

NVB
Night Vision Binocular: Respect purchased Armour item.

OP
Original Poster. The person who started the thread. Normally used after page 104 of a given thread to get the thread way back onto topic.

OT
1.) Off Topic. Used to denote a post in a thread that deviates from the original topic (normally because of trolling), or the off topic forum itself.

2.) Overtime. Used to denote the period after a Box event ends but before the user closes the game. In this period, a user may continue to open boxes (although in auction events they can no longer affect their chances of getting into the top event tiers.

Payam
A now(?) retired member at the highest levels, had high stats, and regularly baited other players. Was at war with the Indians, and pretty much everyone else.

PT
Pirate Tavern: A Gold Purchased Income building.

PvE
Player Vs Environment. This is part of the game where a player performs tasks in one of the map areas.

PvP
Player Vs Player. This is part of the game where a player will attack, Rob or otherwise try and destroy another player.

QPR
A Player, now known as WestLondon. The only person in the world to actually like Joey Barton. Including Joey Barton.

RC
Rock Cafe: A Gold Purchased Income Building.

ROI
Return on Investment: Used in economy discussion, and refers to the amount of time it takes for a building to pay for itself.

RP
Respect Points

Sawn off Shotgun
Gun: A mid tier Respect item.

Shark Tank/Shark Pool
The top levels in the game. Above a particular level, you are visible by everyone up to level 200. It is called the shark tank, as the moment you hit it, you are visible to people with massive stats.

Sorry...
Message you receive when attempting to open an item from a box event, but failing through random chance. Normally used regularly in the "track your progress" threads.

Tapjoy
For iOS users, this is a services that is vaguely affiliated with Crime City, that allows you to earn free gold by playing or installing games. It can normally be found through the "Earn Free Gold" option that sometimes appears underneath the purchase gold screen.

Ticket
This is the term for a support email (or set of support an email). When you email the support team, a "ticket" is opened.

TL;DR
Too long; Didn't read. Normally preceeded by a wall of text complaining about a collect ten event, or a post outlining a new theory of how vector calculus using the Reimann tensor appropriately calculates how many times a day you can collect a laundromat. See LM, See Collect 10 event, See Nicholost.

TLC
The Last Call. A Non-consumable explosive that can be obtained as a loot item on a map area that NO ONE will tell me.

Tortoise
Also known as Crawling. Similar to camping, a Tortoise is someone who simply levels very slowly, engaging in some of the official events, and attacks in order to level up occasionally.

Tramp Stamp
Former player who contributed significantly to Economy discussions.

Troll
Deviates somewhat from the typical term. Mainly used in reference to a swaythe of fake accounts that have been generated in order to create havok in the forms. Also used in relation to Dravak and Dipstik, who regularly incite new members to buy henchmen with gold. (See Henchmen).

UC
Upscale Club: Income Building.

UWV
Urban Warfare Vest. A loot item that is farmed from some of the medium tier map areas.

Vault
Vault of gold, the biggest unit of Gold that can be purchased in Game.

YAM
Yamaha Race Bike: A mid tier RP Purchased vehicle

G Wiz
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Awesome!

Illuminati

TonySpaghetti
10-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Considering your writing skills, you should have written this in Iambic Pentameter. :)

Might want to add OP and OT.

Olly1
10-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Brilliant thread, great idea Ram. Maybe things like UWV and ECB'S could get added in? Having said that I'm sure there's an abbreviation for every phrase used on this forum that could eventually get added! Nice work

PawnXIIX
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
HL - High Level?

That's what I've been calling it :p

G Wiz
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
...and TLC's

Ramshutu
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
For the record, what is all that crap you guys just said? I know Urban Warfare Vest, but I cant remember the others:

Olly1
10-15-2012, 01:41 PM
How did we forget Troll as well! I'm sure one will be along any minute ...

Edit: Empire Central Bus ;)

TonySpaghetti
10-15-2012, 01:49 PM
TLC is The Last Call. Non-consumable explosive.

mxz
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
Box Event: Event where the primary goal is to collect boxes for opening. Currently there are two types: Auction Events, which replaced Collect 10 Event on iOS (Collect 10 still active for Android).

chbranch
10-15-2012, 02:10 PM
I noticed for the term "henchman" in the definition it is stated that they have no value. Can anyone clarify that? For example...When I receive a "mafia member" opening a crate or if I added mxz using his mafia code, they are not the same thing? Att/def both go up when adding either.

Ramshutu
10-15-2012, 02:13 PM
I noticed for the term "henchman" in the definition it is stated that they have no value. Can anyone clarify that? For example...When I receive a "mafia member" opening a crate or if I added mxz using his mafia code, they are not the same thing? Att/def both go up when adding either.

"Henchmen", generally refer to the non-invited Mafia. Being as it is generally very easy to invite mafia, up to the maximum "500" mafia, they generally have no value. It is a general "in-joke" of the forums that it is ridiculous that these are both rewards for events, and are purchasable using gold.

Euchred
10-15-2012, 02:15 PM
Lol for some reason I always thought PvE was player versus energy.

Ramshutu
10-15-2012, 02:16 PM
Lol for some reason I always thought PvE was player versus energy.

Have you also spent a Vault on henchmen? :)

Euchred
10-15-2012, 02:20 PM
Have you also spent a Vault on henchmen? :)

No but I've spent more for less.

Ramshutu
10-15-2012, 02:27 PM
I want to also add PIBCAK. Which denotes a type of issue or problem experienced by new users.

Problem exists between chair and keyboard.

Idiokus
10-15-2012, 02:38 PM
Well done Ramshuto! Very funny and informative...this should be a sticky or found somewhere on FAQ:-)

Honey Boo Boo
10-15-2012, 06:08 PM
I need to add vehicles bad. Do u know when ECBs open up?

SiennaSharpe
10-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Great post !

Burn
10-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Excellent thread, maybe Nicholost should get an honorable mention.

Ghost818
10-16-2012, 08:33 AM
^ true, and Nose Picker was his alias named by yours truly.

kitzune
10-16-2012, 09:14 AM
I want to also add PIBCAK. Which denotes a type of issue or problem experienced by new users.

Problem exists between chair and keyboard.

I usually see that as PEBCAK given the second is exists, though saying it might sound like PIBCAK

Also there's the Updated best of Best Guides thread. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides

Solarcaine
10-16-2012, 10:12 AM
CK LLP Camping 2 Farm TLC'S 4 HL A/d. Make sense?

mxz
10-16-2012, 10:37 AM
CK LLP Camping 2 Farm TLC'S 4 HL A/d. Make sense?Camping and farming TLCs (or anything, really) are fundamentally at odds, as are LLPs farming TLCs. So, no. Idkmybffjill?

Solarcaine
10-16-2012, 11:42 AM
Darn, I will get this some day

Ramshutu
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Quick bump, as I have added a few more items.

In order to fulfill posting guidelines, I am supposed to provide some additional "contribution" to the thread. Therefore:

Boobies.

kitzune
10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
"fair chance" - based on box or crate open events somewhere between 20-60% chance of opening a box with cash option.
SOS - Sawn off shotgun
TLDR - too long didn't read

Ramshutu
10-17-2012, 01:20 PM
"fair chance" - based on box or crate open events somewhere between 20-60% chance of opening a box with cash option.
SOS - Sawn off shotgun
TLDR - too long didn't read

I've added those, but was a bit wary about TLDR, as I don't want to make a specific habit of adding internetisms. However, as there are a LOT of long posts, I thought it bearing mention (plus it was easy to put something funny in!)

Crime City Mark
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM
Added this to the best of the best guides.

Ramshutu
10-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Feeling the love <3

String-Girl
10-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Thanks Ramshutu, very helpful to a n00b.

Joeycool
10-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Awesome thread Ramshutu... I read this and decided to the forum. You have reminded me whats good about this place! And why I like it around here so much!

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/yessssss.gif

TruthHurts
10-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Awesome thread Ramshutu... I read this and decided to the forum. You have reminded me whats good about this place! And why I like it around here so much!

Welcome back JC!

the_dude
10-17-2012, 10:11 PM
Very nice Ram, much appreciated!

Ramshutu
10-18-2012, 12:55 AM

i think I might get banned now for Necroing Joey.

Dreno33
12-04-2012, 01:49 PM
How the heII was this thread added to the BoB sticky and the sticky's last update was in January?!?!?!?!?!?

Dipstik
12-04-2012, 02:32 PM
"Don't necro threads" - Santa

Noahc
12-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Helped me thxs

Boom
12-04-2012, 04:39 PM
All I see is nothing

gunny22
12-08-2012, 04:16 PM
CCM
Crime City Mark. The main representative from Gree in the forums. Avatar looks like a retired lawyer explaining a skin condition.

Perhaps you should add to this text:
Got Fired in december 2012.

tedomedo
05-25-2014, 03:51 AM
Can you explain ltq and stlq?

Ntggamer
05-26-2014, 05:57 PM
Low is limited time quest and SLTQ is syndicate limited time quest also LTB is limited time building

Ntggamer
05-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Whoops LTQ

Miss Soprano
05-26-2014, 09:12 PM
No Noodles?

Sleazy_P_Martini
05-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Shark Tank/Shark Pool
The top levels in the game. Above a particular level, you are visible by everyone up to level 200. It is called the shark tank, as the moment you hit it, you are visible to people with massive stats.

the shark tank is a myth. a fairy tale. i went for a swim in it. buncha minows. I pee'd in it. nothing.

oh, and nice necro!

Captain Torgue
05-27-2014, 01:59 AM
the shark tank is a myth. a fairy tale. i went for a swim in it. buncha minows. I pee'd in it. nothing.

oh, and nice necro!

These days the shark tank is a joke, but back in the day it was something you wanted to avoid at all costs.

Vile Lynn
07-22-2014, 06:17 AM
I never thought the shark tank was so bad... but then I had almost a full arsenal of M4s :p and not the rusty ones!

The new shark tank: L250 (swim with GREE's EB)

Great thread! :::memories:::

Dipstik
07-22-2014, 06:29 AM
These days the shark tank is a joke, but back in the day it was something you wanted to avoid at all costs.

No, it's always been a joke.

_Raven_
07-22-2014, 08:40 AM
Two thumbs up! Nice work Ram!