PDA

View Full Version : Defense

Dry
10-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I have like 11k in units ,and I don't see any different with my defens stat
Any one know why ?

jay_usher
10-14-2012, 05:18 PM
What units mostly make this up? If u have 11,000 scouts the it's nothing to 11,000 b52's is it? Also depends on raw stats with ally's etc

Mad
10-14-2012, 05:28 PM
If you are adding units with the same amount of Defense nothing will change.

Depending on how many allies you have you are allowed to take 4 units into battle. (Note you are allowed to add 5 allies for each level, so at level 4 you could have 20 allies). If you have 20 allies this means you can take 80 units into battle. When calculating your defensive stats, it looks at your 80 strongest defensive units. If you have 80 engineers with a D of 4, your defensive stats will be 4 X 80 which equals a total of 320.

Now if you buy another 5 engineers your defensive stats will not change because though you now own 85 engineers, you can still only take 80 into battle.

In this case, to increase your defensive stats you have to add units that have a higher Defensive stat than the 4 of the Engineer.

If you bought one medic with a Defensive stat of 10, your overall Defensive score would increase from 320 to 326. It doesn't go up ten. Why? Because you can only take 80 units into battle, though you have added a medic with 10 Defensive stat, an engineer with a Defensive stat of 4 drops off to make room, leaving an increase of 6.

Dry
10-14-2012, 05:39 PM
I have like 3000 scots .. So I can only use 80 ?

Dr. Dengus
10-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Max possible units you can use = (Level * 5 * 4) or 500, whichever is smaller.

Total possible units you can currently use = (Allies * 4)

Dry
10-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I am on level 126

Dr. Dengus
10-14-2012, 05:48 PM
Mad explained everything you need to know. Assuming you have 500+ allies, you only use the best 2,000 out of your 11,000 units.

dthfrmabv
10-14-2012, 07:48 PM
As Mad explained you need to calculate first your max allies which is 124X5=620 or 500 allies which ever the lower number is. In your case 500 is your max allies X 4 = 2,000 maximum units.

Now let say you have only 3 types of units A, B, and your 11K scouts which has a defense of 17. And for argument sake 500 of unit A with defense of 50 and 500 of unit B with defense of 30.

1) Your current defense (without taking boost in consideration) would be: Because unit A & B has a higher defense stat than Scouts you will bring all of them to battle total of 1,000 units. e.
500X50 + 500X30 = 25,000+15,000 = 40,000

2) And since the max unity to bring in to battle is only 2,000 you can only take in 1,000 more out of the 11K scouts and you wont bring the remaining 10K into battl
1,000X17=17,000

Your total Defense will now be 17K+40K=57K.

Now if you added 1 more unit A you will now have 501X50+500X30+999X17. But if you added another 1,000 scouts it will not change your total defense as the lowest defensive unit has already been maxed out.

In short, for you to see some change in your defensive score you need to add units with defensive score higher than the scout.

To see the amount of defense you will add to your current defensive score a quick check will be (New unit defense - 17) X # of new unit defense.

EDIT: MAD explained it I just redid his same thing! didn't read his complete post.

Dry
10-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Wow .. I am so lost .. I didn't get all of this ,but Ty
So make story short , I need to buy more units with more defens on them

dthfrmabv
10-14-2012, 08:02 PM

My suggestion would be to find out the lowest Defensive stat unit you bring to battle... if it is for example 20D then you have to buy or get units higher than 20D. If you get anything equal or lower than 20D it wont make an impact.

Also you have to consider that if you are replacing the lowest unit with a higher defense for example the lowest unit is 20 and you are replacing it with 21 your total defensive score will only increase by 1.

To see the amount of defense you will add to your current defensive score a quick check will be (New unit's defense - Replaced unit's defense) X # of new units added.

Lift Ticket
10-14-2012, 09:28 PM

Just upgrade your dry docks and start buying aircraft carriers...you will see your defense go up. If you don't have composite factory, get it and upgrade.

dimpleboy2
10-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know how defence buildings factor in? My questions are:
1) Are defence buildings included in Defence score?
2) Are they only useful when being raided
3) Do they take up a spot on your available units or do they add to your units defence when raided? For example if I have defence score of 1000, my defence building is 30, does it make it 1030?

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Does anyone know how defence buildings factor in? My questions are:
1) Are defence buildings included in Defence score?
3) Do they take up a spot on your available units or do they add to your units defence when raided? For example if I have defence score of 1000, my defence building is 30, does it make it 1030?

1. They are included in your defense score.
2. I believe they are useful when being raided, however it depends. For example: I raided 2 $ building's from a rival that was surrounded by 2 Detention Facilities and 2 Sams, and I didn't lose a single unit. The reason I didn't lose any units was because my A/D stats were approx 6000 points stronger than his (actually I think it was even higher). Now if his stats were more comparable to mine and I went to raid those same buildings again, I would surely possibly lose a couple to a few units. Other forum members will tell you when you get to the higher levels, that raiding becomes a losing deal because the units they lose cost more than the amount they receive from the raid. So they can be useful, but your total stats compared to the rival has more of an impact.
3. A defense building does not take up a spot of your units available for battle. and yes your defense would be 1030 (based on that example). I just verified it by building a guard tower real quick and my defense went up by 2.

Warfiend
10-15-2012, 09:44 AM

I've heard people say they're only good for raids but I don't believe that's the case and nothing in their description indicates that's the case. I believe the fact that they add to your overall defense score demonstrates that they are also useful in attacks.

In fact, I think in a way they are less useful in raids, because that seems to be when the range limitation comes into play. OTOH, it's been my experience that they seem to increase casualties. I've rarely lost a unit raiding an unguarded money building, but a building within the range of a defense building seems to cost me units a lot more often and that is a powerful deterrent to me.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I've heard people say they're only good for raids but I don't believe that's the case and nothing in their description indicates that's the case. I believe the fact that they add to your overall defense score demonstrates that they are also useful in attacks.

In fact, I think in a way they are less useful in raids, because that seems to be when the range limitation comes into play. OTOH, it's been my experience that they seem to increase casualties. I've rarely lost a unit raiding an unguarded money building, but a building within the range of a defense building seems to cost me units a lot more often and that is a powerful deterrent to me.

Nice way of putting it Warfiend. As he says the casualties tend to be greater when the target buildings are within range of defense buildings. There is still a chance of losing units from an unguarded building because the overall defense stats come into play as well.

dimpleboy2
10-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Nice way of putting it Warfiend. As he says the casualties tend to be greater when the target buildings are within range of defense buildings. There is still a chance of losing units from an unguarded building because the overall defense stats come into play as well.

Thanks for the reply, it's nice to know my investment into these buildings are useful. Especially since it adds to your total defence score and helps with regular attacks.

Guderian40
10-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the reply, it's nice to know my investment into these buildings are useful. Especially since it adds to your total defence score and helps with regular attacks.

They shouldn't though, they are planned to help against raids only. If you are in a high level raids do not pay off as mentioned from others above. They wouldn't help either (some hundred defs against 100.000 or more attack).

In the lower levels (where both of us are playing) they are also worthless - spend your money on defense units and money buildings instead. I saw a lot of these building in enemy bases, so far almost without effect.

To have an effect, GREE should give them - depending on your level - about 5-10 times more def. power, making raids rewarding at the same time, eg. gaining more money or enemy units when they are successful.

Warfiend
10-15-2012, 05:37 PM
There is still a chance of losing units from an unguarded building because the overall defense stats come into play as well.

The way the descriptions of defense buildings read to me, it would be the overall defense stats minus any defense stats that come from defense buildings that the target are not in the range of.

For example, if a target has a hundred total defense points from defensive buildings, and you're targeting a building that is only covered by a defense building with a score of 10, you can take off 90 from the defense score for the purpose of raiding that building.

That's if I understand it correctly. Other people have tried to tell me it works different, but so far, no one has given me a compelling reason to think it does work different other than "they say so", which is not good enough for me.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-15-2012, 06:04 PM
I understand what you are saying, yeah I believe defense buildings not in range would be subtracted as well. What I meant to say was a player's overall defensive stats are also considered when determining whether you will have a successful raid.