PDA

View Full Version : How do you defend buildings?

Sethrotizall
10-14-2012, 07:10 AM
Are buildings protected by having defense buildings next to them? On other games it shows a proximity area that the defensive building protects but not on Crime City. How does this work?

SevenO9
10-14-2012, 07:16 AM
In short: The location does not matter. For the true mechanics of def builds search the forum, there are a couple of threads as there is no simple answer.

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 07:18 AM
Make sure you have henchmen to man your defense buildings. You can buy them under the special store tab if you don't have enough.

Sethrotizall
10-14-2012, 07:25 AM
Didn't see henchmen anywhere.

Luciferianism
10-14-2012, 07:33 AM
This game is all about henchmen really. You need 1 to man each defence building. Otherwise, they won't be worth full value. That's why when you attack people with a lot of defence buildings, their real defence is much lower.
My advice is get a few defence buildings, buy the henchmen for them then focus on upgrading the defence buildings as high as possible rather than building loads.

Store - Special - Extra Mafia Member (also known as henchman)

Sethrotizall
10-14-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks guys.

Euchred
10-14-2012, 07:42 AM
Sorry Dip but I can't let this happen, listen to seven there's some good threads on mechanics and for the love of god do not by henchman.

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 07:43 AM
Awwww... You're no fun.

Euchred
10-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I really wanted to but I just couldn't just sit silently by it goes against my helpful nature.(Canadian)

Luciferianism
10-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm afraid our friend Euchred is an infamous troll. He likes to tell people not to buy henchmen so he can stay strong and keep other people weak. I'm sorry he's bothered you, on behalf of the forum.

Euchred
10-14-2012, 07:48 AM
I should just delete my posts and walk away with my head held in shame.

Philoe Beddoe
10-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I am still crying that was classic

HenryVIII
10-14-2012, 07:54 AM
Dip should PM CCM to award henchmen instead of gold for forum events...

SoccerStud
10-14-2012, 08:01 AM
He probably bought like 10 henchmen

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Best use of tapjoy gold I ever made!

SiennaSharpe
10-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Sorry Dip but I can't let this happen, listen to seven there's some good threads on mechanics and for the love of god do not by henchman.

Thanks Euchred. Hey guys, don't be mean to people with legit questions.

Dipstik
10-14-2012, 10:39 AM

What about when it's really really funny? Can I troll teh noobs then?

(note: autocorrect had NOTHING to say about "teh noobs")

Aid
10-14-2012, 11:08 AM

Listen to Euchred and do not buy henchmen, he is the only one giving you sound advice

The Billionaire
10-14-2012, 11:18 AM
You guys are harsh. Don't buy henchmen, search the forum for defence threads and you'll find all the answers you need. You certainly don't need to waste gold on henchmen.

Bala82
10-14-2012, 11:21 AM
Here Everything i know about defence buildings which might be helpful

1) Don't level them past level 3 since it give exaggerated Defence value
2) Only buy Machine Gun Turret ( Between level 20-45) OR Gatling Turret (PAST LEVEL 45 ) They take up less place
3) You can 50 of Each defence building
4)Don't buy guard tower worst defence building

That's it there more technical stuff on other topics . That the answer

dudeman
10-14-2012, 12:13 PM
A few quick notes on defense buildings:

- strength in numbers
- upgraded is better
- placement/location doesn't matter
- not a waste of time, but don't waste time

TruthHurts
10-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone notice that the OP's pic looks very similar to another?
http://i1149.photobucket.com/albums/o595/CCTruthHurts/bbd987f3f39bdb5565db7c5b618493c5_zps9c174abf.jpg

OP, don't buy henchmen. Period. They do nothing for you. You can achieve the same gain from adding players in the add thread of the forum.

Lonestoner
10-14-2012, 03:31 PM
A few quick notes on defense buildings:

- upgraded is better

No, it really isn't. Any upgrading inflates your actual defense value, so unless you don't want to know how much defense you have, stay away from upgrading them. Some choose to go to level 2 for some reason, but most stay at level 1. The more you upgrade, the more it inflates your profile defense.

dudeman
10-14-2012, 04:42 PM
No, it really isn't. Any upgrading inflates your actual defense value, so unless you don't want to know how much defense you have, stay away from upgrading them. Some choose to go to level 2 for some reason, but most stay at level 1. The more you upgrade, the more it inflates your profile defense.

I have yet to read a convincing argument that states the negative effect(s) of an inflated profile defense. Upgrading defense buildings increases their effective defense contribution, anything else is irrelevant.

The last point is very important though. Upgrading defense buildings can be a bad waste of time if you're doing it wrong. If you're doing it right though, you'll know. If you know what signs to look for.

emcee
10-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Generally upgrades to defense buildings up to level 3 does not take too much of an investment in time especially if saving for expensive income building upgrades.
Most defense building upgrades above and including machine gun turrets is worthwhile based on true defense/square increase. Yes, it does inflate your posted defense but every gain to effective defense is helpful even at a gain of a few points.
I wouldn't suggest spending too much time upgrading defense buildings until your economy has flourished. A general rule of thumb imo would be having 2 night clubs at level 3. Of course I was upgrading some from time to time but have gone full time defense building upgrades since June 20 or so, with a few exceptions.
Keep in mind your overall upgrade time playing CC is finite. Eventually you will quit so if your economy is healthy (based on personal preference) why not shift focus to defense building? Afterall in game cash has its limitations/use after you can easily replace top tier explosives due to attrition and afford to buy, for instance, jets over and above the gap from superior scratchers vehicles and other items.

Dakid
10-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Isn't it kind of obvious not to take advice from people named lucifer and dipstik...on a side note can we talk about the benefits of decorations, i heard your henchmen get 200% defense if they are hiding behind a pink tree...

Coldjoey
10-15-2012, 04:13 AM
Isn't it kind of obvious not to take advice from people named lucifer and dipstik...on a side note can we talk about the benefits of decorations, i heard your henchmen get 200% defense if they are hiding behind a pink tree...
Just trying to hard to be funy is not funny

Dhusagar
10-15-2012, 04:19 AM

There is a world of difference between regular members "having fun" and seriously misleading new members who may not know the difference. If I had come on this forum new, I may have take the "advice" and used gold needlessly.

Khayman
10-15-2012, 05:04 AM
2) Only buy Machine Gun Turret ( Between level 20-45) OR Gatling Turret (PAST LEVEL 45 ) They take up less place

Not very accurate

Taking data from wiki and seeing only the non-gold defense buildings these are the stats per pixel (you can choice per $ but i think this is the best way).

Defense at level 10 / number of pixels

Missile Turret: 346.5
Gatling Turret: 206
Sniper Den: 42
Machine Gun Turret: 41.25
Muay Thai Center: 37
Surveilance Center: 36

I know, it is not real defense but you can compare it in this way. It is proportional.

Coldjoey
10-15-2012, 06:10 AM
I read this some where.
If you are weak appear strong
If you are strong appear weak.
Therefore adding 5000 to your defence stats that will not protect you can scare off potential attacks.

Lonestoner
10-15-2012, 10:39 AM
I read this some where.
If you are weak appear strong
If you are strong appear weak.
Therefore adding 5000 to your defence stats that will not protect you can scare off potential attacks.

Essentially, that's what dudeman was saying up above too. I personally like to take the other route, and let people think my defense is inflated, so they think they have a chance at beating me, where in reality they don't, and provide me a link to their goodies.. I definitely see the logic in having inflated defense values, I just don't believe in it myself.

SevenO9
10-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Seriously, it takes me a second to estimate a hoods real def. If someone falls into such an easy trap (either way) they are plain stupid. And nothing will protect you against stupid people ...

dudeman
10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Essentially, that's what dudeman was saying up above too. I personally like to take the other route, and let people think my defense is inflated, so they think they have a chance at beating me, where in reality they don't, and provide me a link to their goodies.. I definitely see the logic in having inflated defense values, I just don't believe in it myself.

That's not at all what I was saying.

There isn't really any logic behind intentionally inflating your profile defense. Upgrade defense buildings and it just happens. Another thing that happens is your true defense score increases. At what point is any of that a disadvantage?

Only when you're wasting time that could be spent doing something else. Otherwise, it's nothing but win.

I'll let you in on a secret: I don't guess my defense by looking at my profile, I estimate where I'm at based on what my news looks like. Profile defense is a pretty useless number because that's all it is, a number. Your true defense is what determined the colour of all those news stories though, so it's a good idea to go see the attack scores of the rivals that hit you.

Lonestoner
10-15-2012, 01:19 PM
That's not at all what I was saying.

There isn't really any logic behind intentionally inflating your profile defense. Upgrade defense buildings and it just happens. Another thing that happens is your true defense score increases. At what point is any of that a disadvantage?

Only when you're wasting time that could be spent doing something else. Otherwise, it's nothing but win.

I'll let you in on a secret: I don't guess my defense by looking at my profile, I estimate where I'm at based on what my news looks like. Profile defense is a pretty useless number because that's all it is, a number. Your true defense is what determined the colour of all those news stories though, so it's a good idea to go see the attack scores of the rivals that hit you.

I basically summed it up as you thinking there are positives to upgrading defensive buildings, regardless of reason.

There is always a money building that I could upgrade more, whether it be a cheap one, expensive one, long one, or short one. I'm not one of the people who sticks to 12/24/48 buildings, so I have a ton of money buildings that are all useful (for now). If I'm saving money for a big building purchase, I can upgrade one of my cheaper buildings in the meantime. There is not a time, ever, that I'm not upgrading money buildings, so I can't imagine that will change until all my buildings are level 10.

I imagine when I'm "done" upgrading money buildings, I will start upgrading defensive buildings because as you said, it does also raise your effective defense while inflating it, so there is a benefit from it. Just not at my level / income.

dudeman
10-15-2012, 01:58 PM
I basically summed it up as you thinking there are positives to upgrading defensive buildings, regardless of reason.

There are, defense buildings are just like money buildings... Upgraded is better.

Is it better to upgrade defense instead? That's up to the individual, but like I said, don't waste time. Since everyone chooses how to make use of their own time, only you can decide if you're wasting time or not.

nopenopenope
10-15-2012, 04:21 PM
There is not a time, ever, that I'm not upgrading money buildings, so I can't imagine that will change until all my buildings are level 10.

I imagine when I'm "done" upgrading money buildings, I will start upgrading defensive buildings because as you said, it does also raise your effective defense while inflating it, so there is a benefit from it. Just not at my level / income.

rofl have fun playing for 9 years then...

Lonestoner
10-15-2012, 05:26 PM
rofl have fun playing for 9 years then...

Nice interpretation.