PDA

View Full Version : Rivals List Visibility

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 02:01 PM
So I have commented about this in other threads and have complained to support about it several times. I submit that it is completely unfair that players in to 100-200 levels have complete visibility in their rivals list to players all the way down into the 90's. Why did Funzio shift the rivals list downward at the request of the top level gold spenders? Why am I not allowed to attack players 10-80 levels below me?

It is only fair to everyone for the rivals list to only allow for let's say a +/- one to two levels of visibility. Funzio/Gree needs to change this immediately. Top level players do not have the right to attack someone 100 levels below them simply because they spent a lot of money on the game.

Vote Now!

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 02:12 PM
I only wish all of those decimated "graveyard" base owners above level one hundred were on forum here to vote too!

The Voice
10-13-2012, 02:17 PM
You are so right on this one. I am tired of being hit by those guys when they have 10 times my stats.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-13-2012, 02:22 PM
The level means nothing.

If you really want a fair rivals list, it should be based upon attack statistics.

My attack stats were over 200,000 when I was level 70.

So, a fairer rivals list has nothing to do with level or rank.

It COULD be grouped by attack and defense capability.

IE...
<1,000
1,001 - 3,000
3,001 - 5,000
5,001 - 9,999
etc...

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 02:32 PM
The level means nothing.

If you really want a fair rivals list, it should be based upon attack statistics.

IE...
<1,000
1,001 - 3,000
3,001 - 5,000
5,001 - 9,999
etc...

Your super stats are not the norm though. There are a lot fewer of your type player at the lower levels. Most are at the top. However, I really do like this concept! I know nothing about programming, but i suspect this might be a more difficult task for Gree's engineers.

The Voice
10-13-2012, 02:35 PM
The level means nothing.

IE...
<1,000
1,001 - 3,000
3,001 - 5,000
5,001 - 9,999
etc...

Thats a great idea.

Ajk
10-13-2012, 02:41 PM
The level means nothing.

IE...
<1,000
1,001 - 3,000
3,001 - 5,000
5,001 - 9,999
etc... This is the way it should be done. Levels at the later stages kills the game for a lot of players. IPH could even be factored in as well. The level rankings are pretty much out dated at this point. Gree really needs to start listening to the forum members a little more rather than the money coming in.Some forum members have really great ideas on how to make this a long term investment rather than a one trick pony.

Ajk
10-13-2012, 02:52 PM
I, for one, am nearing the point where I believe the game is going to be unsustainable. You might just find my base abandoned in what could be the near future. Leveling is the major factor in this. I have, and want to spend money on this game because I believe its fun and gives me something to do in my spare time. But, I refuse to spend another dime simply because i cant spend ten thousand dollars in a short amount of time. Long term its possible, but there has to be major changes in the way players are lumped together in the later stages of the game.

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 02:59 PM
I, for one, am nearing the point where I believe the game is going to be unsustainable. You might just find my base abandoned in what could be the near future. Leveling is the major factor in this. I have, and want to spend money on this game because I believe its fun and gives me something to do in my spare time. But, I refuse to spend another dime simply because i cant spend ten thousand dollars in a short amount of time. Long term its possible, but there has to be major changes in the way players are lumped together in the later stages of the game.

I totally agree. I have spent money and would continue me to do so if my issues with the game were resolved. Support doesn't even respond to my tickets any longer. They are letting personal feelings about me get in the way of them doing their JOB! If I performed my job the way they did I would have been fired a long time ago. Really wish I had a HIGH level contact at Gree so that I could voice my concerns.

General Soviet
10-13-2012, 03:45 PM
This is an extremely frustrating problem for me. My rival choices are mainly level 150 generals, or level 90 privates. I want a challenge while playing the game, but a reasonable challenge. This has got to be changed.

Arizona
10-13-2012, 04:41 PM
If the high level players don't have a look down capability, then tell me, where do they look for targets? One or two levels of visibility sounds great, but at the higher levels, there might only be a handful of rivals to choose from. What if the highest levels are already allied with each other. Who do they attack then? Gree needs to keep them happy. It's up to the individual to fight their way through to the higher levels and use whatever strategy it takes to survive up there. I'm not a gold player, but why should free players feel they can compete with a heavy gold player. I know my limits. If I want to extend my boundaries, I know what I have to do.

Personally, If there was a way to appease the higher players by not having a look down capability, I'd be for it. Sadly it seems the game stops at L200 so there's nowhere else to go.

It's a War game. Plan your strategy early. If it means sucking up to someone, then that's something you need to decide if it protects you from harm. It's "war" so look for whatever strategy helps you win and survive.

Maybe they could introduce a Super Elite Modern War. When you reach a certain level you're automatically moved to the "other game" where you can compete with better players under different conditions. Geeeez I don't know, just a suggestion.

I'm sure they read all the ideas on here so keep coming up with answers/suggestions. You never know, something might change for the better.

JohnnyR
10-13-2012, 04:58 PM
Bingo Arizona.

There is always a way guys. Pirate Justice's idea I don't really fancy, as it would shrink my pool of available targets even further and deem it unplayable. PJ, your stats are the exception.

BigD@wg, maybe a few more splits should be in play. Plus or minus 10 levels after 100, plus or minus 20 levels at 150, and plus or minus 30 levels after 170 might be ok. There are so few players in level 200 your idea might present a problem for them.

I really don't want a change and vote against the idea as it is, but IMO, the above compromise won't harm the game so much as BD's original thoight and PJ's idea. I see dozens upon dozens of players with less than 10k stats, I even see tons of 5k stat guys-unreal. To "protect" these folks would rob everyone of the element in this game that is crucial-winners and losers, progress, ingenuity. I think to seperate everyone would homogenize this game, make it boring and predictable. I love seeing a big fat cow half my stats with 20 mil hanging out of the vault-he doesn't deserve to keep it as far as I'm concerned and he'll soon learn a valuable lesson.

"It's not fair!" - nothing is, least of all war! Figuring the game out leads to greater success than whining about it all.

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-13-2012, 05:38 PM
It is a game that they need to make a profit on

It is a business

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 06:54 PM
It is a game that they need to make a profit on

It is a business

And they would make a much bigger profit if they allowed everyone the chance to make it to the top without complete decimation.

The reason there are so few at the top is because without spending thousands upon thousands very few can sustain an army long enough. Maybe they should just drop some of their allies and fight amongst themselves for awhile until we get there. They have already created their games within the game before...create different one. All I'm saying is that the original model did not allow for this type of visibility. Gree is arbitrarily adjusting the rivals list at players requests. Just like people are upset about accounts getting reset to lower levels... This visibility is no different.

If you're going to open it up for top players then open it up all the way. Let me see players 50-80 levels below me! :)

Mad
10-13-2012, 07:41 PM
As much as the whales like to gloat without them we wouldn't be playing, in fact the whales are destroying the game. And then they complain because they don't like what is happening. Players are quitting and there is no one to fight.

Some whales particularly on this forum see the problem. Free to light gold players need to be able to survive, not win just survive, as they hit the higher levels.

I have bought a bit of gold to support this game, but not sure how much interest I have in spending more. There is a huge imbalance between the whales and free/light gold spenders. Gree needs to reduce this imbalance for MW to thrive.

Ryans67
10-13-2012, 07:54 PM
If you guys want to keep playing up there, drop the PVP aspect and keep doing pve. Still plenty to do, and lots of upgrades within your vault limits...

Speed ump
10-13-2012, 09:01 PM
Big dowg, the original model was the higher lebels could see down, and the lower levels could see up, it changed later so that we could not see the lower levels. I rarely hit the guys below 130 unless they make themselves noticed or im looking for crates. Even then they dont have much to get, so i mostly avoid them. Iph is not any indicator of antything. I had the highest iph at one time, then sold off all my buildings, so have no iph now. Mad, the whales dont ruin the game, everyone complains about anyone who is stronger than they are, so thats a no win subject for everyone. There have been many suggestions made here in the forums that good make the game enjoyale over a longer term, and its hard to understand why so many good ideas have not beem implemented. I truly believe they never thought longer term and prob did not expect players to hang around so long. Now that that has happened i do t think they have a plan in place to take advantage of it. The biggest issue is we are all sitting here speculating, putting forth our own opinions about what we think their thoughts are, but despite how sure you may feel, the truth is we just dont know, and thats especialy
frustrating. If some insight was given on future plans, that may help, if they exist. I imagine though that whatever info might be given on those would be picked apart, and crticized, no matter what they were, as diff players want diff things.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-13-2012, 09:47 PM
How about a compromise?

Leave it as is, it probably won't change much anyway.

But, for 10 to 20 gold bar fee a day, your base is quai-impervious to attacks.

That way Gree gets everyone to kick in a little cash, thereby carrying your own weight.

To counter that, Gree sells "nukes" for say 1,500 gold bars a pop.

You can unload a "nuke" on any base that is quasi-protected or not.

The "nuke" gives the attacker 50 whacks at your head, unvaulted cash, or anything on your base.

But, the attacker has to be powerful enough to overcome your regular defenses.

This process is just a concept.

It should be tweaked to see its affect.

Perhaps, if instituted, Gree tries it for 30 days.

Of course, all players are giving Gree feedback during this trial period.

Just another idea....

albeezy
10-13-2012, 09:57 PM
There is another game that offers a feature similar to this. This would be a great feature to add in my opinion and would take some fear out of whale territory. Knowing Gree though they would price most people out of purchasing it

JohnnyR
10-14-2012, 12:06 AM
Pirate Justice-nuke idea sounds rad. I was actually contemplating suggesting something similar to GREE.

Regarding the higher level of protection-heck nah man! Talk about stifling competition...

jay_usher
10-14-2012, 12:24 AM
Stop whining we have all had to go through with it! So deal with it! Unfair? What whilst all u campers sit there building up massive strong army's whilst light gold players or free players in the whale zone keep getting smashed? Then goes to show that uve had ur chance at campin the low lvls getting te boss easy and life easy in general being over vault all u want! Welcome to the bIg mans world

JohnnyR
10-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Stop whining we have all had to go through with it! So deal with it! Unfair? What whilst all u campers sit there building up massive strong army's whilst light gold players or free players in the whale zone keep getting smashed? Then goes to show that uve had ur chance at campin the low lvls getting te boss easy and life easy in general being over vault all u want! Welcome to the bIg mans world

Bravo.

Feels like the complaining gets cyclical at times 'round here. Only think I haven't heard complaints on lately is casualties. Well guess what-I just lost a Wavebreaker AND an amphib hovercraft to a guy just now, someone gimme a box of tissues, lol.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Pirate Justice-nuke idea sounds rad. I was actually contemplating suggesting something similar to GREE.Regarding the higher level of protection-heck nah man! Talk about stifling competition...Nothing can be all for some, none for others. Most people just want to be acknowledged, they'll take your t-bone, after you've eaten the steak. In this case, there's a middle ground. What disturbs me is the inaction and silence. I sense a much more troubling set of circumstances brewing. Sniff, sniff, sniff; is that calamity I smell?

jay_usher
10-14-2012, 02:32 AM
Bravo.

Feels like the complaining gets cyclical at times 'round here. Only think I haven't heard complaints on lately is casualties. Well guess what-I just lost a Wavebreaker AND an amphib hovercraft to a guy just now, someone gimme a box of tissues, lol.
Haha I feel or you brother! I'm still yet to get these units.. Then agai I would be so scared of loosing these beautys I would just want them there for show haha

BigD@wg
10-14-2012, 05:20 AM
@speed ump -
I will trust your insight as you have obviously been playing from the beginning. Thanks for the correction. My information was via a support ticket which apparently was not entirely correct (imagine that...support doesn't know how their own game works) that poses even bigger issues... lol!

@all those that want to verbally bash me to make themselves feel good -
I'm really not whining because all-in-all this is a game. I like presenting and stirring up controversial issues in the forum to create discussion and watch people's reactions. If I wanted to be a threat in this game I have the means to do it. However, I choose not to spend that kind of money on an IOS game. I will play my game and continue to point out Gree's blunders as I see fit. The problems in the game, problems with support, and overall lack of customer service is where my true issues lie. If I get attacked once a day .. Good for me. If I get pummeled 100 times a day... Good for you. There are simple changes that could make the game more enjoyable for everyone. However, in the grand scheme of my life.. This game holds no true value.

Titan X
10-14-2012, 05:39 AM
How about a compromise?

Leave it as is, it probably won't change much anyway.

But, for 10 to 20 gold bar fee a day, your base is quai-impervious to attacks.

That way Gree gets everyone to kick in a little cash, thereby carrying your own weight.

To counter that, Gree sells "nukes" for say 1,500 gold bars a pop.

You can unload a "nuke" on any base that is quasi-protected or not.

The "nuke" gives the attacker 50 whacks at your head, unvaulted cash, or anything on your base.

But, the attacker has to be powerful enough to overcome your regular defenses.

This process is just a concept.

It should be tweaked to see its affect.

Perhaps, if instituted, Gree tries it for 30 days.

Of course, all players are giving Gree feedback during this trial period.

Just another idea....
Suggested something very similar to this six months ago and again two weeks ago in return for the Black Panther.... would kick the game back into life, for sure!

Mad
10-14-2012, 07:44 AM
Big dowg, the original model was the higher lebels could see down, and the lower levels could see up, it changed later so that we could not see the lower levels. I rarely hit the guys below 130 unless they make themselves noticed or im looking for crates. Even then they dont have much to get, so i mostly avoid them. Iph is not any indicator of antything. I had the highest iph at one time, then sold off all my buildings, so have no iph now. Mad, the whales dont ruin the game, everyone complains about anyone who is stronger than they are, so thats a no win subject for everyone. There have been many suggestions made here in the forums that good make the game enjoyale over a longer term, and its hard to understand why so many good ideas have not beem implemented. I truly believe they never thought longer term and prob did not expect players to hang around so long. Now that that has happened i do t think they have a plan in place to take advantage of it. The biggest issue is we are all sitting here speculating, putting forth our own opinions about what we think their thoughts are, but despite how sure you may feel, the truth is we just dont know, and thats especialy
frustrating. If some insight was given on future plans, that may help, if they exist. I imagine though that whatever info might be given on those would be picked apart, and crticized, no matter what they were, as diff players want diff things.

I appreciate your comments, and always look forward to reading them. I feel you are one of the whales that realize there are problems that need to be corrected.

The issues for me is not getting beat by the whales, I mean this is a war game, that comes with the territory. There will always be some more powerful and some weaker than you.

However, what concerns me is the undue influence some of the whales have had on the game preventing free to medium gold players from at least being able to hold their own.

Some of the points I have seen cited by posters are:

1. When MW provided an abundance of high loot items via the maps, whales complained because it was allowing free players to develop armies that could hold their own in whale territory. The complaint was gold players had paid for there armies and now free to medium gold buyers could pick up some serious equipment for free. Certainly a legitimate argument, so the loot was pulled. The free to medium gold armies were then annihalted and players left the game.

2. When players started bailing from the game because they were getting pummelled -- essentially abandoning the game and not recharging their building, whales complained they had no one to attack. So MW in their wisdom opened up the rival list for them so the whales could attack people a 100 levels below them. These players are even less prepared for the whale territory than the ones who they originally destroyed and drove from the game.

3. Whales have complained that players have reduced their allie lists below 500 in order to avoid getting destroyed for valour. This is a war game and any strategy you can use to avoide destruction is legitimate. But apparently that one isn't.

All I am saying if the whales want someone to fight, then they have to give free to medium gold players a fighting chance. If the whales don't allow them to have a fighting chance, then the whales -- many of whom have spent thousands of dollars -- will have no one to blame but themselves when this game falls apart.

As a free to medium gold spender, I am not wanting to be able to beat the whales, I just want to survive. If I can't I will eventually abandom my base, just like everyone else at the free to medium gold level eventually does.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Mad, with all due respect, perspective is important. Anything done or not done in this game is not influenced by alleged big spenders, light spenders, or no spenders. What you see isn't always why you think you see it. Gree runs this game the way they want to run it. From my perspective, Gree does what they want, the way they want to do it. Why?Because players appear to take whatever they're given. One need only look at the frenzy that ignites when an "auction" event arrives. Why?I don't understand it. I do acknowledge it. I do know that Gree might listen, one might even influence, but no one dictates to Gree. From my perspective, no one has gotten what they want in ths game. The better question is WHY do people persist in chasing their non-existent tail?
I appreciate your comments, and always look forward to reading them. I feel you are one of the whales that realize there are problems that need to be corrected.The issues for me is not getting beat by the whales, I mean this is a war game, that comes with the territory. There will always be some more powerful and some weaker than you. However, what concerns me is the undue influence some of the whales have had on the game preventing free to medium gold players from at least being able to hold their own.Some of the points I have seen cited by posters are:1. When MW provided an abundance of high loot items via the maps, whales complained because it was allowing free players to develop armies that could hold their own in whale territory. The complaint was gold players had paid for there armies and now free to medium gold buyers could pick up some serious equipment for free. Certainly a legitimate argument, so the loot was pulled. The free to medium gold armies were then annihalted and players left the game.2. When players started bailing from the game because they were getting pummelled -- essentially abandoning the game and not recharging their building, whales complained they had no one to attack. So MW in their wisdom opened up the rival list for them so the whales could attack people a 100 levels below them. These players are even less prepared for the whale territory than the ones who they originally destroyed and drove from the game.3. Whales have complained that players have reduced their allie lists below 500 in order to avoid getting destroyed for valour. This is a war game and any strategy you can use to avoide destruction is legitimate. But apparently that one isn't.All I am saying if the whales want someone to fight, then they have to give free to medium gold players a fighting chance. If the whales don't allow them to have a fighting chance, then the whales -- many of whom have spent thousands of dollars -- will have no one to blame but themselves when this game falls apart.As a free to medium gold spender, I am not wanting to be able to beat the whales, I just want to survive. If I can't I will eventually abandom my base, just like everyone else at the free to medium gold level eventually does.

Mad
10-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Mad, with all due respect, perspective is important. Anything done or not done in this game is not influenced by alleged big spenders, light spenders, or no spenders. What you see isn't always why you think you see it. Gree runs this game the way they want to run it. From my perspective, Gree does what they want, the way they want to do it. Why?Because players appear to take whatever they're given. One need only look at the frenzy that ignites when an "auction" event arrives. Why?I don't understand it. I do acknowledge it. I do know that Gree might listen, one might even influence, but no one dictates to Gree. From my perspective, no one has gotten what they want in ths game. The better question is WHY do people persist in chasing their non-existent tail?

I agree perspective is everything. You write from the perspective of a whale who can pummel any player you want at will. I am writing from the perspective on one who will be pummelled.

People keep chasing this non existent tail because they see things clearly tilted in the favour of the whales.

Why can whales suddenly see and attack players 100 levels below them? Was it because low level players were complaining they weren't getting kicked in the head enough?

I have seen a number of whales complaining on this forum when player reduce their number of allies below the magic 500 mark. I have seen complaints they have no one to attack in the upper levels because players are just abandoning the game.

This is a great game, but it needs some major reform. It is tough the balance the legitimate demands of the heavy gold spenders with the needs of the free to medium gold spenders. Yes, I call the demands of the heavy gold spenders legitimate. They are spending big dollars and have earned the right to complain and make some demands.

What I am saying to the whales is you can't have it both ways. If you want people to fight then you have to encourage MW to give free to medium gold spenders a fighting chance. If you don't then you will have to well, just play with yourself.

Ranger4Life
10-14-2012, 09:46 AM
I don't believe in complaining about an issue without being able to give a resolution so I will just use my HLP as an example.

I played the game for 3 months without ever reading the forums, first mistake. I thought the best thing to do would be to do PVP as much as I could; therefore, I used all of my skill points on stamina, second mistake. This worked well for a while, because I constantly found players with millions in unvaulted cash. I used all of that money on replacing fallen units or adding to my army. Once I reached level 100 I had 35k att/def with only 250 allies and with an entirely free army, this was pre boss events or Ranks so that was really strong for my level. Shortly after level 100 I found that everyone I attacked had all vaulted cash so I was losing massive amounts of valor and cash units. I tried tweaking the number of allies I had, but by then I was in whale zone and was getting attacked pretty regularly. At first I won as much as I lost, but that didn't last long because I had no way to replenish my losses. Soon I was down to 20k att/def with 500 allies, and dropping fast. This was 5+ months ago.

I think that is where the problem lies. There is just such a dramatic drop off in being competitive that MOST players would just give up and move on to a new game.

I don't think that this issue is on any of the players. It's Gree's responsibility to plan or react to these types of situations. It appears they reacted when they basically created the whale zone, but that was not the correct action. Hope they can get it sorted out so MW doesn't continue to lose players.

BigD@wg
10-14-2012, 09:57 AM
I agree perspective is everything. You write from the perspective of a whale who can pummel any player you want at will. I am writing from the perspective on one who will be pummelled.

People keep chasing this non existent tail because they see things clearly tilted in the favour of the whales.

Why can whales suddenly see and attack players 100 levels below them? Was it because low level players were complaining they weren't getting kicked in the head enough?

I have seen a number of whales complaining on this forum when player reduce their number of allies below the magic 500 mark. I have seen complaints they have no one to attack in the upper levels because players are just abandoning the game.

This is a great game, but it needs some major reform. It is tough the balance the legitimate demands of the heavy gold spenders with the needs of the free to medium gold spenders. Yes, I call the demands of the heavy gold spenders legitimate. They are spending big dollars and have earned the right to complain and make some demands.

What I am saying to the whales is you can't have it both ways. If you want people to fight then you have to encourage MW to give free to medium gold spenders a fighting chance. If you don't then you will have to well, just play with yourself.

Don't take this the wrong way as I agree with everything you said... Your choice in some your of phrasing made me laugh out loud...literally! :)

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-14-2012, 11:21 AM
The forum is frequented by fewer than one percent of all players. I've spent money on this game. I've had my fun. If this were a console game, I would probably not be playing it.

This game was never designed for anyone to win. That happened by accident, not by design. Game play was changed, when some players chose not to build economies and do missions.

What we're seeing is a reaction to a massive paradigm shift. Frankly, I don't care what happens. The money I've spent isn't an investment. It was money I dropped to exact my revenge. By God, that I have some hundreds of times, and then some. Heck, I continue to whack a mole here and there. But, that gets old real fast.

So, we create our own hijinks and shenanigans. We play the game within the rules, but we do it satisfy ourselves. That's all you can do with anything, satisfy yourself.

Some of my friends believe it is an investment. People will always disagree, that's life. What should be obvious to everyone is what I often told my clients, no one cares. Yes, you care, but no one else cares.

Hence, there it is, my friends. Accept it, embrace it, or reject it; because it ain't ever gonna be what you want it to be. Play it, love it, or hate it. It's kinda like the weather. God says it rains on your picnic, it's gonna rain. It's not that God doesn't care, He does care. It's that God wants it to rain.

Gree is gonna give you what you're getting. Gree will offer you what they think you need. It'll be tweaked here and there, but it'll never be what you want it to be. It's not because Gree doesn't care, or because someone drops $50,000, even $100,000; it's because Gree wants it to rain.

BigD@wg
10-14-2012, 11:47 AM
The forum is frequented by fewer than one percent of all players. I've spent money on this game. I've had my fun. If this were a console game, I would probably not be playing it.

This game was never designed for anyone to win. That happened by accident, not by design. Game play was changed, when some players chose not to build economies and do missions.

What we're seeing is a reaction to a massive paradigm shift. Frankly, I don't care what happens. The money I've spent isn't an investment. It was money I dropped to exact my revenge. By God, that I have some hundreds of times, and then some. Heck, I continue to whack a mole here and there. But, that gets old real fast.

So, we create our own hijinks and shenanigans. We play the game within the rules, but we do it satisfy ourselves. That's all you can do with anything, satisfy yourself.

Some of my friends believe it is an investment. People will always disagree, that's life. What should be obvious to everyone is what I often told my clients, no one cares. Yes, you care, but no one else cares.

Hence, there it is, my friends. Accept it, embrace it, or reject it; because it ain't ever gonna be what you want it to be. Play it, love it, or hate it. It's kinda like the weather. God says it rains on your picnic, it's gonna rain. It's not that God doesn't care, He does care. It's that God wants it to rain.

Gree is gonna give you what you're getting. Gree will offer you what they think you need. It'll be tweaked here and there, but it'll never be what you want it to be. It's not because Gree doesn't care, or because someone drops $50,000, even $100,000; it's because Gree wants it to rain.

Best analysis I've seen yet. Truer words couldn't be spoken.