PDA

View Full Version : Loaded dice bug?

MrSpidey
10-13-2012, 09:40 AM
I got that Loaded Dice from the other event which gives a 25% upgrade time reduction.

I notice today that it indeed states in the upgrade screen before clicking on the OK-button a 25% reduction time.
But, when you click on the OK-button and it really begins to countdown, it is the original time!

I am upgrading a Meat Factory to lvl4. In the first screen I saw 12 hours for completion time.
After clicking the button it started to countdown from 16 hours!

I already submitted a ticket.

Lonestoner
10-13-2012, 12:38 PM
Considering a Meat Factory to level 4 takes 21.44 hours to complete, they may have fixed the bug that was giving you over 25% upgrade time. I think it was 43.25% instead of 25%. Maybe it's still showing you the higher percent incorrectly, but using the correct time when you actually upgrade.. Not sure :p

dudeman
10-13-2012, 12:53 PM
The Loaded Dice became bugged when they were ported onto the Android platform. The bug was causing the modifier to be applied twice, in the same way that multiple upgrade time reductions are normally stacked.

For example, assuming "100" is an unmodified upgrade, the modifiers stack like this: 100-25%=75, 75-25%=56.25.

Using OP's Meat Factory^4 as a practical example, 21.44-25%= 21.44-5.36=16.08 hours. The bug was causing an extra 25% to be reduced from the already reduced time.

Therefore, OP, what you were seeing when you got the dice was a bug. If your MF4 only takes 16 hours, it sounds like they fixed the bug and you will probably be disappointed with the outcome of that ticket you submitted!

PawnXIIX
10-13-2012, 01:47 PM
The simple answer...

...we know. :p

MrSpidey
10-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Thank you all for the responses! :)

Ofcourse I didnīt know that upgrading a Meat Factory to lvl 4 took over 20 hours.

I saw the 12 hours in the first screen and then the 16 hours actual countdown. As thatīs also 25% difference (which is logical now I understand the multiplier works twice) I assumed it was malfunctioning.

Anyway, I couldnīt find something here on the forum when I used the Search button, so I made this post for it.
Maybe a sticky would help with the ongoing bugs?

dudeman
10-13-2012, 03:01 PM
The search feature can be a real pain sometimes. There are no fewer than two other thread regarding the loaded dice bug, but searching here can just be far too time consuming sometimes.

I just started an upgrade today too. I'll confirm the Loaded Dice are back to normal. Not sure if the ticket I sent the other day had anything to do with it, but it may have.

I can also confirm that my Cobra Roadster STILL doesn't provide 10% faster upgrades. 

24 days of upgrading buildings without the help of that 10% faster bonus... Is my math wrong or is that almost 2 1/2 days of lost upgrade time?

NTM
10-14-2012, 12:53 AM
i got the loaded dice too on android. ( free for last event no gold :))

i just upgrade a galting turet to lvl 2 and for the time i got 2.42 hours. nothing have change for me, working good for me.

i got another reduce 10% from another item too and goodfella.

Vito Corleone
10-14-2012, 02:35 AM
I also noticed yesterday that they unfortunately had fixed the Loaded dice bug :p. I started upgrading a Crematorium to level 2 and it will take around 43 hours instead of the original 57 hours so it's 25%.

Boof
10-15-2012, 07:27 AM
They definitely fixed the loaded dice bug on Android, it now yeilds 25%. This reduction also stacks with the Street Deamon (10%) to yeald approximately 33%.

I'm a little frustrated that they fixed this first with all of the other more serious problems affecting Android.

dudeman
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM
They definitely fixed the loaded dice bug on Android, it now yeilds 25%. This reduction also stacks with the Street Deamon (10%) to yeald approximately 33%.

32.5%. Old news.

I'm a little frustrated that they fixed this first with all of the other more serious problems affecting Android.

You should know by now that they don't play favourites with one platform or the other. This problem was universal, affecting both platforms, and it was caused by the way they ported existing items/bonuses from one platform to the other. They had to find the problem and learn how to fix it now, otherwise it would just keep happening and they might have decided to forget porting more cool things from iOS to android.

So you should actually be thankful they fixed this as fast as they did.