PDA

View Full Version : Lots of ABANDONED Accounts

Mcdoc
10-13-2012, 12:44 AM
It is a Sad state of affairs and somewhat disturbing writing on the walls.

I keep coming across players in my Rivals list that are level 120 to 170 that have over 500 Allies but less than 1000 units brought into battle. Some of these are down to less than 300 units. I don't get much BP for those battles & definitely don't get any Space boxes for the event so I usually move on after one attack.

Funny thing is - you check their base and some have sold off most buildings or absolutely every building has been raided so there is no one there to reset them. The fastest way to see if they are abandoned besides all of the obvious clues I just mentioned is to look at their comments. Some people keep deleting all comments so their wall is clean - obviously an active account - but SO many people apologize for attacking people in a "War Game" with the useless message: "Sorry - BP Only - GL 2 U" that you can tell when all the activity is one sided with no responses.

Anyway - just an observation on where this game is in the life cycle of most games. I hope there are enough new players coming online to keep the game interesting. Maybe if they create a Facebook version (big idea for growth) we'll get a lot more fresh meat - but it will take them months to reach our rivals lists.

jay_usher
10-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Fb idea gd but how that will work out I'm not sure.. It's what happens when the strong keep getting stronger an weak weaker! Y play a game that has lost its enjoyment! Up here it's ruthless and I found for 6minths all I could do was maintain and not progress but found a new plan of action

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-13-2012, 01:36 AM
MD, sad but true. If this game is to prosper; hackers, cheaters, scammers, and con-artists must be aggressively booted. Failing an aggressive policy to IMMEDIATELY ban the aforementioned miscreants, I'll be forced to permanently ban myself!

I'm not optimistic about the former. Why? Have you observed the shenanigans that occurring all too regularly on this site?

Arizona
10-13-2012, 05:13 AM
So long at the Gree churn rate is economical, there won't be any changes. I doubt Gree expects the majority of players to progress past a certain level. Maybe what you found was the cutoff zone where players come to die and leave the game. So long as new blood comes up to replace them, there's nothing that needs to be done except remove the dead accounts after a set time period has elapsed.

dthfrmabv
10-13-2012, 07:24 AM
@Mcdoc - Could this be accounts of free players that realize they cannot support the kind of strategy they started off at whale zone and decided to start a fresh new life at lower levels?

as for the "Sorry - BP Only - GL 2 U" - lol I get that a lot but had stopped responding - I use to say back then "good job on the onslaught - It is the nature of this game and there is no need to apologize. Gl2u2"

@PJ - that is true -while "shenanigans " in game as you call it affect all players, Gree should look at it as one nail in the coffin at a time each time and every time it happens. It seals the fate of the longevity of the game as such "shenanigans " continue as it affects the economics of the game... why would legit gold spenders continue to spend when others hack their way through?

@Arizona - I agree with you - but I think that is just the nature of business - as i mentioned above while Gree enjoys the heft economic churn rate right now if Gree doesn't get their act together a day will come, and sooner than later, that economic machine will stall.... if this is really such the case then the business model is short sigthed and need revisiting.

Mad
10-13-2012, 07:48 AM
This is to be expected. But as long as they have players willing to drop $2,500 on every event nothing will change. But I think those individuals are starting to lose interest as well.

MW's business plan is nothing short of bizarre, they seem determined to set people up for failure and force them to leave the game. The quickest way to fail is to follow the goals -- players have no idea they are being led by the nose to a slaughter.

Most business models are geared around attracting as many people as possible and keeping them as customers. The more people you have in the store, the more people will buy. MW is exactly the opposite.

MW also caters to the few instead of the many. The Whales complain there are too many good loot items for the free to low gold players and MW stops the drops.

The strength of any business is in having tens of thousands of people spending $15 every couple months rather than having a thousand spend $2,500 a month.

It will be interesting to see what GREE does. Will they continue the plan and milk it for all its worth until its no longer profitable and then drop the game -- almost Ponzi like.

Or will they change their business plan and create an environment where all players have the potential to thrive -- and in the process create a situation where players are apt to spend $15 now an then.

For what it is worth, MW is a great game and I hope they choose the latter, because I am one of those players who would throw $15 into the game every now and then.

Tctiger
10-13-2012, 08:48 AM
That was always going to happen bringing in the events to get people levelling up .

Blackstone
10-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Like I've said before Funzio designed the game backwards and were only interested in the short term gold spender. What other game in the history of the world is designed to hurt players for leveling up? The design is for a player to install the app, get addicted, spend some gold, then get bored and delete the app. High level whales are the gravy.

Funzio needed to make leveling up worth while and give additional perks for reaching certain levels, but it's too late.

I'm level 120 and agree with McDoc that it's a grave yard up here.

General Soviet
10-13-2012, 09:05 AM
The Facebook idea is great. It's not good when I see a level 117 with only 350 units and 1000+ allies.

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 09:31 AM
My base is one of those future graveyards. I am playing now and having a less an less fun compared to 6 months ago. I have more fun with my free account in CC. When I reach the whale zone and get pummeled daily by huge old spenders the fun will be over. I will not spend 1000s of dollars to try and compete. I have to thank the existence of the forum the revelation that these super spenders exist. I already know I can't compete with their stats an all the IPH and high value loot drops will not change that fact.

The main problem is the rivals list. What other games expect a level 100 player to be able to compete with a level 200? The rivals list should remain constant all the way through the game. "Your level plus or minus only one or two levels." The upper level players created the graveyards because they requested the rivals list be opened up and adjusted downward. 120 level players have ABSOLUTELY no chance against against someone 20, 40, 60, 80 levels above. It is the most absurd aspect of the game and it was allowed to happen by Funzio! Fix the rivals list, allow low level players to climb at their own rate and then meet their demise at level 200!

Idiokus
10-13-2012, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=BigD@wg;447082]My base is one of those future graveyards. I am playing now and having a less an less fun compared to 6 months ago. I have more fun with my free account in CC. When I reach the whale zone and get pummeled daily by huge old spenders the fun will be over. I will not spend 1000s of dollars to try and compete. I have to thank the existence of the forum the revelation that these super spenders exist. I already know I can't compete with their stats an all the IPH and high value loot drops will not change that fact.

The main problem is the rivals list. What other games expect a level 100 player to be able to compete with a level 200?

This is exactly how I feel! I was thrown into the whales a bit over three months ago! I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Luckily I discovered forum and managed to survive, slowly I understood that I had become bate for the sharks. I feel very bad for those I see from level 90 on my rivals list, sad thing is that we see more more entering whale zone. Yes, I too believe rival list should stay constant all the way through out the game. I also started playing CC and enjoy it way more than MW! I wanted a fresh new start and now I know how important it is not to rush too quickly through the levels. Maybe soon my base will be a ghost base...no matter how high your income or defense defeat seems to be waiting right around the corner. I can hardly participate on Boss events can't go beyond 5 or 6 without gold and the auctions are geared for big spenders...oh yeah sure one can collect a couple of boxes for auction event here and there but that doesn't mean you are going to open them! Because like Bigd@wg mention you have people in whales that are 20, 40 levels above you with killer stats that are just waiting for you to collect boxes and then steal them easily from a lower level player...why not they share same rival list...not fair!! Also removing good loot drops because those with gold armies in the higher level demand this is RETARDED! They can farm these loots too I don't see where is the problem...Perhaps too much work just easier to buy gold units. This game needs to become more balanced or ghost bases is all that the gold players will have to look forward to. Also another issue is valor, I heard that there is a limit to these goals...now what happens when one gets to that point? If a free or semi free player is in whales and no longer has valor mission and no good loot to farm to compete with hard core gold players how can one survive? The high end cash units in my opinion don't make the cut! New strong stats units would help but the big gold spender are not keen. Something needs to be done to please all their clients, free, semi-free and the Goldies! Gree needs to cater to all their clients and catering only to big gold spender is a big mistake on their behalf! Also agree why penalize leveling up this is the first game ever to do that number one mission no Xp or as little as possible come on not fun!!! Would like to go through the maps and do loads of PvE cause I like but I can't! Hey Hello Everbody:-)

Mad
10-13-2012, 11:05 AM
My base is one of those future graveyards. I am playing now and having a less an less fun compared to 6 months ago. I have more fun with my free account in CC. When I reach the whale zone and get pummeled daily by huge old spenders the fun will be over. I will not spend 1000s of dollars to try and compete. I have to thank the existence of the forum the revelation that these super spenders exist. I already know I can't compete with their stats an all the IPH and high value loot drops will not change that fact.

The main problem is the rivals list. What other games expect a level 100 player to be able to compete with a level 200? The rivals list should remain constant all the way through the game. "Your level plus or minus only one or two levels." The upper level players created the graveyards because they requested the rivals list be opened up and adjusted downward. 120 level players have ABSOLUTELY no chance against against someone 20, 40, 60, 80 levels above. It is the most absurd aspect of the game and it was allowed to happen by Funzio! Fix the rivals list, allow low level players to climb at their own rate and then meet their demise at level 200!

Yeah, it's interesting, the whales who represent much of what is wrong with MW, are the ones who will lose the most when it inevitably dies, if it does not change. They have spent thousands of dollars. There was one player who mentioned on this forum he spent $2,500+ to try to win just one event. I said to him you realize this is just a game....

Now to be fair some whales recognize the problem as well. I have seen their posts on this forum. They realize change is needed so free to low gold players are able to survive.

Other whales are only interested in protecting their personal intersts and are not at all concernced about the long term survival of the game. Ironically this lack of concern will ultimately make them the biggest losers, financially.

This game needs major reforms if it is to survive. Here are some suggestions:

More money buildings
New cash units with high defensive values
Better loot
Reduction of upgrade times to the times for Kingdom Age
Reduce XP gain and provide unit rewards as player level up commensurate with their level (I think the BP partially does this but needs to be far more aggressive in providing units)
Fix the rivals list
Allow armies in any raid or attack to be only composed of 70% gold units

If MW gives free to low level gold players some hope, they are more apt to buy gold.

Ryans67
10-13-2012, 11:45 AM
MD, sad but true. If this game is to prosper; hackers, cheaters, scammers, and con-artists must be aggressively booted. Failing an aggressive policy to IMMEDIATELY ban the aforementioned miscreants, I'll be forced to permanently ban myself!

I'm not optimistic about the former. Why? Have you observed the shenanigans that occurring all too regularly on this site?

I used to not worry too much about the hackers, because they were so easy to spot, and would usually be banned in a couple days after reporting. It seems lately they are blending in better then before. Instead of having 1000's of high stat items, they just have a solid diversified army. I remember Micky mentioning this a while back, in regards to just how many hackers go about without notice.

Take a look at BBB, level 135, 471 allies. Everything seems plausible except the 3 Elite Base Defense helicopters. He appears banned now, but that doesn't replace the 3k in units he took out while raiding my base.

Poopenshire
10-13-2012, 11:57 AM
During testing some players were able to create/manipulate accounts to look 100% normal. These methods were reported constantly as well as other methods to manipulate accounts. Thus far most of the methods have been looked at and attempted to correct. Some have never been. Corrected amd still exist. We all know former forum members who were caught not only cheating but frequenting cheater websites. Its more common than you think and so easy to hide. While there are cheaters they are not the cause for the abandoned accounts. The accounts are abandoned by the very nature of the whale zone. Thr players compound this and are the cause of their own woes. Like all great consumers the whales are consuming players at a rate thr game cannot self sustain. They consume and then complain becuase they consumed all the players. The whales will kill this game as much as pay the bills. Its the very nature of humans.

Ljepoje
10-13-2012, 02:30 PM
Itīs the same from level 60+ and up... I spend a lot of time finding somebody "active" that I can finally raid or attack.

Mcdoc
10-13-2012, 03:25 PM
You want to see a renewed Internet in the game - if Gree set it up so that every level 10 cash building spit out ONE Gold bar per day - you would see people make a serious commitment to the game.

Perhaps some of the more expensive buildings would be on a gradual scale to reach 5 Gold per day on a level 10 Nano or Oil Rig, 4 Gold per day on a level 10 Space Center or Nuclear Plant, 3 Gold Per day on a Level 10 Old Refinery , etc.

Not sure if this should include defensive buildings and unit or boost building too - but I'm sure people would then grind out some serious IPH as well.

This isn't much more impact on the Gold economy than TapJoy - but keeps people tied to the game.

Just a thought.

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-13-2012, 05:45 PM
Its about the cash

Warfiend
10-13-2012, 07:51 PM
This isn't much more impact on the Gold economy than TapJoy - but keeps people tied to the game.

The difference would be, as far as Gree's perspective, that tapjoy makes them money, this idea won't on the face of it. Of course I think it potentially could in the bigger picture, but they don't seem to work from that view and why should they? For all the complaints, people keep spending and they keep getting handsomely rewarded for the way things are.

Jhoemel
10-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Are dead accounts get deleted over a period of time. There's a dead guy named LT. Smash in the whale zone that has been dead for a while. And he just disappeared completely in the rival list

Giedrybe
10-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Interesting idea, Mcdoc. I don't like it because it would give you "free" gold, I like it due to the fact that it would really have positive impact into dedication of big part of players.

Generally, as everybody can notice, gold is being devaluated every week. Units on the events have stats which devaluate units, which were purchased some months ago. So this 1 gold per day would not harm existing trend.

Generally Gree would still be able to control this. They know they give some free gold for everybody, but then they can change unit prices. Say it was 550 gold bars, who will notice if it will cost 625 later? I mean they issue different units with different stats, it is almost impossible to compare apples to apples.

It would function the same way how distributor business is done. If your supplier increased prices for you by 5%, you will then pass the increase to your customers with increasing 5%. You are not forbidden to do that.

So actually, Mcdoc, such idea would help to keep more players in the game, some of them would taste gold and potentially would become some buyers for Gree, and at the same time Gree would not loose revenue because they have the power to inflate golden prices.

JackRakan93
10-15-2012, 03:00 AM
MW needs a better means of social interaction. Even if a game goes stale, the ability to talk with teammates in-game would give people reason to stay moderately active. MW should overhaul the ally system and maybe integrate an actual faction component to the war. Faction members would be able to talk to each other and each faction would have a limit... just a suggestion I'm throwing out to salvage a game I've invested countless hours in.

iWar
10-15-2012, 08:17 AM
i love those accounts, no casualties ftw

tyler d
10-15-2012, 07:12 PM
You want to see a renewed Internet in the game - if Gree set it up so that every level 10 cash building spit out ONE Gold bar per day - you would see people make a serious commitment to the game.

Perhaps some of the more expensive buildings would be on a gradual scale to reach 5 Gold per day on a level 10 Nano or Oil Rig, 4 Gold per day on a level 10 Space Center or Nuclear Plant, 3 Gold Per day on a Level 10 Old Refinery , etc.

Not sure if this should include defensive buildings and unit or boost building too - but I'm sure people would then grind out some serious IPH as well.

Just a thought.

I think this is a great idea. I am a free player, however I do enjoy the free tapjoy gold. Because of the ridiculous nature of this game I sold all of my money buildings and get by with attacking for valor and unvaulted cash with the occasional raid if it is a big money item, but not so much anymore. If the bldgs gave free gold I would begin rebuilding my economy, as soon as my last two boosts are complete.

Tyler

tyler d
10-15-2012, 07:21 PM
[QUOTE=BigD@wg;447082]My base is one of those future graveyards. I am playing now and having a less an less fun compared to 6 months ago. I have more fun with my free account in CC. When I reach the whale zone and get pummeled daily by huge old spenders the fun will be over. I will not spend 1000s of dollars to try and compete. I have to thank the existence of the forum the revelation that these super spenders exist. I already know I can't compete with their stats an all the IPH and high value loot drops will not change that fact.

The main problem is the rivals list. What other games expect a level 100 player to be able to compete with a level 200?

This is exactly how I feel! I was thrown into the whales a bit over three months ago! I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Luckily I discovered forum and managed to survive, slowly I understood that I had become bate for the sharks. I feel very bad for those I see from level 90 on my rivals list, sad thing is that we see more more entering whale zone. Yes, I too believe rival list should stay constant all the way through out the game. I also started playing CC and enjoy it way more than MW! I wanted a fresh new start and now I know how important it is not to rush too quickly through the levels. Maybe soon my base will be a ghost base...no matter how high your income or defense defeat seems to be waiting right around the corner. I can hardly participate on Boss events can't go beyond 5 or 6 without gold and the auctions are geared for big spenders...oh yeah sure one can collect a couple of boxes for auction event here and there but that doesn't mean you are going to open them! Because like Bigd@wg mention you have people in whales that are 20, 40 levels above you with killer stats that are just waiting for you to collect boxes and then steal them easily from a lower level player...why not they share same rival list...not fair!! Also removing good loot drops because those with gold armies in the higher level demand this is RETARDED! They can farm these loots too I don't see where is the problem...Perhaps too much work just easier to buy gold units. This game needs to become more balanced or ghost bases is all that the gold players will have to look forward to. Also another issue is valor, I heard that there is a limit to these goals...now what happens when one gets to that point? If a free or semi free player is in whales and no longer has valor mission and no good loot to farm to compete with hard core gold players how can one survive? The high end cash units in my opinion don't make the cut! New strong stats units would help but the big gold spender are not keen. Something needs to be done to please all their clients, free, semi-free and the Goldies! Gree needs to cater to all their clients and catering only to big gold spender is a big mistake on their behalf! Also agree why penalize leveling up this is the first game ever to do that number one mission no Xp or as little as possible come on not fun!!! Would like to go through the maps and do loads of PvE cause I like but I can't! Hey Hello Everbody:-)

I am a free player living in the land of whales and I do not find it too bad. I am at level 185 with decent stats with units from differnt events and such (pre-auction days) I do not attack people too far below my level on purpose. I have had the occasional finger slip but what I find frustrating is having to refresh through 3 or 4 screens of level 100 players to at least get into the 150's. I have a personal goal to get my last 2 boosts to 10 and finish the missions and reach level 200 then I am done also. The events are not worth the effort as a free player and the boss events are a complete waste of time. I might defeat 2 or 3 and then I have to make sure to watch the clock so I dont clear a level and have the boss event pop up and steal the cash and loot item (it has happened 4 times already costing me at least 4 million).

Corsair
10-16-2012, 06:56 AM
So long at the Gree churn rate is economical, there won't be any changes. I doubt Gree expects the majority of players to progress past a certain level. Maybe what you found was the cutoff zone where players come to die and leave the game. So long as new blood comes up to replace them, there's nothing that needs to be done except remove the dead accounts after a set time period has elapsed.
That's my assumption as well. People here have distorted images of the game because of the very small audience and fact that many here are educated and long term players. There are millions of downloads of this game...probably at least a million active players...many of whom hammer away for a few weeks/months, get up to the 100s, and then disappear. I can't believe I still see people in the 90s with att/def in the 7000 range. But they like doing the PvE, I guess. There are also a ton of lower level players who pop in a few times a day. It's a cycle.

I used to not worry too much about the hackers, because they were so easy to spot, and would usually be banned in a couple days after reporting. It seems lately they are blending in better then before. Instead of having 1000's of high stat items, they just have a solid diversified army. I remember Micky mentioning this a while back, in regards to just how many hackers go about without notice.

Take a look at BBB, level 135, 471 allies. Everything seems plausible except the 3 Elite Base Defense helicopters. He appears banned now, but that doesn't replace the 3k in units he took out while raiding my base.Ah, you ran across him too? Knew I should have reported him, but like you say he just looked like a heavy gold player, he didn't have the 3 EBDs when I checked him over. I was suspicious as he would have had to be buying cash to have the jumps he did, plus he was apparently using gold for upgrades. But I pounced on him several times. He never took anything from me other than what he gave. I'd take out his D and clean up when he was over vault. But yes, not very easy to spot. He is banned, I had allied him, and he's down to 0 with no more movement.