PDA

View Full Version : Pirate united nation

Warmonger
10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
How much longer before they get round to banning this cheat? It's impossible to get to level 169 completing only 16 missions and winning only 21,000 fights. It's great to have your forces wiped out by this cheat!!!

Gambit12
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM
How much longer before they get round to banning this cheat? It's impossible to get to level 169 completing only 16 missions and winning only 21,000 fights. It's great to have your forces wiped out by this cheat!!!

I know right, tell them that to CCM & Gree..!

Speed ump
10-12-2012, 10:09 AM
war, this was brought up in the ethics thread and adressed. i think one of the guys there got a response that this is a legit player, not a hack.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Asked and answered, move on, counselor!

Fl@sh
10-12-2012, 10:56 AM
It is my understanding that this is a legitimate account. Lets not get into this disussion again.

Gambit12
10-12-2012, 11:02 AM

I guess you gonna be next Champion in the 4th auction event P.U.N. Finally & maybe Ferr is gonna get dethrone by you. Ferr was the 3 peat champion on the first 3 auction event.. Good luck on the two of you..!

Mcdoc
10-12-2012, 01:05 PM
I would be curious to know what name this account has previous been known as. So many of the Pirates & long term high level players have changed their player account names so many times - it's hard to know who is who. This could very well be a long standing character that we've known for months & months.

Some of the names I've seen come and go & sometimes appear again: GoldenChild21 . ManBearPig . Pirate Enforcer . Boss Roger . Many more (oh & let's not forget the most intriguing name of all: Dingleberry / Alexberry)- and then it was like shuffling a deck of cards when a bunch of them took on the name Alex - and for a short while Aidan - and after the shuffling was done - who knows what long term accounts may appear to be a new character name.

For all we know - PUN could be one of our beloved Pirate members of the Forum (maybe even Pirate Justice).

Copenhagen
10-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I've got a feeling that P-Justice is Sir Thugalot, who was kind enough to stop by for a visit of my base yesterday.:p

Corsair
10-12-2012, 02:35 PM
For all we know - PUN could be one of our beloved Pirate members of the Forum (maybe even Pirate Justice).Seems like General Insane was always up there with Ferr...

Speed ump
10-12-2012, 02:45 PM
Isn't this fun? Just like the old days, except now there's only one basher. Actually gambit pirate enforcer has won or tied each time in the auctions. There is no prize for first for this one, so just have to be in top 50 for the highest prize in this Event. Wonder why the change?

Q Raider
10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Isn't this fun? Just like the old days, except now there's only one basher. Actually gambit pirate enforcer has won or tied each time in the auctions. There is no prize for first for this one, so just have to be in top 50 for the highest prize in this Event. Wonder why the change?

I am pretty sure there is a top prize for the event Speedump. This was clarified by CCM on another thread.

Dr. Dengus
10-12-2012, 02:50 PM

According to CCM there is a no. 1 overall prize. He hasn't confirmed the exact prize though, assuming it's still the ragnarok battlecruiser that's been circulating around the forums the past week.

Found his post:

It wasn't posted because I wasn't given the art for it. I'll check in with the team and see what's going on.

*Update* there is a number 1 prize.

Q Raider
10-12-2012, 03:21 PM

Whilst the information provided indicated the player to hold a legitimate account.
There are still several issues relating to the account.

Example 1: IF during the "reset" the player, instead of having all the lesser units (gold purchases or event awards) included into their inventory, instead received a Gold "bonus" and is now using that in the current event then they have been awarded an unfair advantage over other players.

Example 2: If the player's former account was at level 200 and "broken" (wonder if getting to one point off completing the Special Ops rank constitutes a "broken" account?) and the account was reset to level 130 and having a gold compensation in lieu of retaining what would have been "useless gold trinkets" from their former account then permitted them to go on a buying spree of LE's to improve their game stats beyond what they held on their previous account and also make it far easier for them to defeat the latest elite then they have been awarded an unfair advantage over other players in the game.

jay_usher
10-12-2012, 04:13 PM
Whilst the information provided indicated the player to hold a legitimate account.
There are still several issues relating to the account.

Example 1: IF during the "reset" the player, instead of having all the lesser units (gold purchases or event awards) included into their inventory, instead received a Gold "bonus" and is now using that in the current event then they have been awarded an unfair advantage over other players.

Example 2: If the player's former account was at level 200 and "broken" (wonder if getting to one point off completing the Special Ops rank constitutes a "broken" account?) and the account was reset to level 130 and having a gold compensation in lieu of retaining what would have been "useless gold trinkets" from their former account then permitted them to go on a buying spree of LE's to improve their game stats beyond what they held on their previous account and also make it far easier for them to defeat the latest elite then they have been awarded an unfair advantage over other players in the game.
At the end of the da with the money ferr and pirates and other big gold spenders alike have all spent there fair share and more so! So they basically have brought the game and
Migh aswell be share holders and get all the perks ;)

Speed ump
10-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Q, I think that subject has been closed. Im going to assume that you must have been hit by this player, as it seems you are digging for dirt. We all get hit, myself included, it's all part of a war game. I've been hit by players who have the no loss glitch with trinkets they got for free, but can't lose, so they might as well be gold. This issue has been discussed also. I have heard two opinions on that. One is gree can't seem to fix it. The other is that it's not a glitch. Doesn't matter in the end, it is what it is, and just another opponent at the end of the day. It may not me their fault gree has given them this advantage, and they have found a way to exploit it. Sounds like an element of realism. Of if one army has swords and pikes, and another finds a stash of bow and arrows on the march to battle, do they deny themselves the use of the bow and arrows. Not if its my command.

Q Raider
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Let me put you straight on several things here Speedump.

Yes, I have been hit multiple times by both this player and many others, that is purely the game. Given their activity I doubt there are few players from level 100 up who haven't been visited... ;)

I am definitely not "digging for dirt" as you put it on this particular player, there is a much bigger picture to consider.

I DO have concerns at the anomalies that exist within this players account as a result of the "reset" conducted by Gree and those examples above are just two of the many other issues that I could have listed.

Reading the posts within the game I am not alone with ongoing concerns relating to the account. I made a suggestion to support as to an in-game indicator placed into the player profile to assist in reducing the number of reports that I know will be rolling in purely because the "reset" profile does NOT fit the game.

Regardless of any amount of Gold spent, the account screams HACKER to anyone with even a fundamental comprehension of the game. That is not a good thing to have, neither for the player who continues to be suspected, nor to the support team who will receive a myriad of "hacker" reports simply because the reset process was flawed.

I put the question to you as to how many account "resets" of similar ilk are required before people conclude that the game is not worth playing because the ""hackers"" are not being deleted when reported.

Whilst we may not be on the same "team" Speedump, we are on the same "side" with respect to working to improve the game.....

FYI I will submit the full list of issues relating to "resets" to CCM and let him take it through the system from his end.

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-12-2012, 05:48 PM
My, my, my!
Envy does one great harm.

Envy

He was the first always: Fortune Shone bright in his face. I fought for years; with no effort He conquered the place:

We ran; my feet were all beeding, But he won the race. Spite of his many successes, Men loved him the same; My one pale ray of good fortune Met scoffing and blame. When we erred, they gave him pity, But me -- only shame.

My home was still in the shadow, His lay in the sun: I longed in vain: what he asked for It straightway was done.

Once I staked all my heart's treasure, We played -- and he won. Yes, and just now I have seen him, Cold, smiling, and blest, Laid in his coffin. God help me! While he is at rest, I am cursed still to live: -- even Death loved him the best.

By - Adelaide Anne Procter

Copenhagen
10-12-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm not sure if you are talking about the same player I mentioned earlier, but his account seems legit. Appears to have been camping or neglected for a while, and recently loaded up on LEs to a pretty baller status. I don't see where there is any evidence of it being hacked.

Q Raider
10-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Beeding.....:confused:

If post #17 was aimed in my direction it missed.......

Envy implies that there is a desire or a wish to have what the other person has. I already have a game (actually two) and am quite content to continue playing those in the completely different styles I chose when starting them.

But for the record neither do I consider myself to suffer from "Acedia".

Thus when faced with something in the game which I believe has the capacity to detract from it then I will pursue it.

Ssne
10-12-2012, 06:50 PM
I'd simply like to understand how it is possible to get 531 tokens. That seems like it would require thousands of dollars.

Q Raider
10-12-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure if you are talking about the same player I mentioned earlier, but his account seems legit. Appears to have been camping or neglected for a while, and recently loaded up on LEs to a pretty baller status. I don't see where there is any evidence of it being hacked.

No, different player Cope.
Current account setup is one which a player cannot achieve within the normal game parameters. It can only be done legitimately with involvement from the Gree end of things.

Q Raider
10-12-2012, 07:00 PM
I'd simply like to understand how it is possible to get 531 tokens. That seems like it would require thousands of dollars.

Likely to have been the case.
Remember the amount spent within the game is a relative thing.
For a person with a "gaming budget" of $100 per month then $50 is a lot of money. For someone with a "gaming budget" of $1,000,000 per month $10,000 is a pittance.

Warfiend
10-12-2012, 07:02 PM

It probably does. Some affluent types spend more per month on this game than I spend on my entire household budget, including my mortgage. :D

marebear
10-12-2012, 07:38 PM
I've got a feeling that P-Justice is Sir Thugalot, who was kind enough to stop by for a visit of my base yesterday.:pI got a visit too :)

Gambit12
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Likely to have been the case.
Remember the amount spent within the game is a relative thing.
For a person with a "gaming budget" of $100 per month then $50 is a lot of money. For someone with a "gaming budget" of $1,000,000 per month $10,000 is a pittance.

If i win a lotto someday i will beat everybody in this auction event, Lol...& probably buy LE's every week and all the gold buildings too..And probably buy Gree too, but thats only in my dreams...hehehe...Lol!

Speed ump
10-12-2012, 09:23 PM
Not sure what those tokens are, but some people do have thousands of dollars to spend. And I think I have been called a hacker for as long as I have played the game because of my stats. Many have seen me around long enough to realize that's not the case. If I did not know this player I could tell hacker or not easily. I've never seen a hacker go sound hitting so many players and getting that kind of attention, they seem mostly to not want to be noticed so much. This one doesn't seem to mind being noticed, just read his board. He's also not deleting the posts to hide them. Unless there's even worse than what I'm reading that did get deleted.

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-12-2012, 09:33 PM
I feel the pain

I get called a hacker all the time. I am legit, I pay so you guys can play

Fl@sh
10-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Why are we not on the same page on this yet?

Pirate Justice, let's not be ridiculous, your arrogance is irritating as you seem to be completely missing the point, yet you completely understand. You attempt to deflect from the player in question by casting a cloud of envy around anybody that brings up a legitimate point. You are a better lawyer than that, besides, the forum isn't quite a courtroom. Shame on you. Yes, the account is legit, you and speed ump know it is - we know it is. However, you both also know something is "special" about this account, but won't divulge information about it(just plead the 5th please!). I'm sure everything will be revealed when the time is right, but let's not play everyone that visits this forum for fools as it raises more questions. Can't we all just go back to rum drinking and having a good ol' time? The rum infusion device is nearly ready!

PIRATE JUSTICE
10-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Just because a question is asked, there is no legal duty to answer it.

As far as the ability to invoke one's constitutional rights, you're kidding, right?

As you accurately stated, this is not a court of law.

Mcdoc
10-13-2012, 12:32 AM
I'd simply like to understand how it is possible to get 531 tokens. That seems like it would require thousands of dollars.So it seems you can get about 15 to 20 Tokens per $100 Gold Purchase. Do the math - there are definitely thousands of dollars at stake here. I still think the top 50 with cost you $300 to $400 - and if it does hit $500 - then there is the extra 2100 gold bonus in play.

jay_usher
10-13-2012, 12:59 AM
Yes and it does these boys spend
Mega bucks!!! Hence the frustration by ferr... On that note excuse ferr is always in the forum people realise he has invested thousands in the game and never has he Been called a cheat or hacker so before assuming the unknown get the facts straight before you tarnish a player

Ajk
10-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Trying to follow but, let me know if I'm not getting it. Apparently there was a whole conversation about this elsewhere and I missed it. If said player recieved a game reset but kept all his previous gold units and event prizes simply because he is a "big spender". If this is the case than, I, and many others who spend money, should be treated in the same way.

Q Raider
10-13-2012, 04:47 PM
Here is the link to the previous thread Ajk.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40466-A-Question-of-Ethics...

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-13-2012, 05:43 PM
They just want his money

Fl@sh
10-13-2012, 05:47 PM
If my best customer needed me to make a special exception, I would do it as well. I won't really fault GREE on this as it's a smart business move, but it sets the precedent for others in the future and goes against what is said in the faqs(like they matter). I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices the absence of a familiar name at the top of the leader board?

BigD@wg
10-13-2012, 06:12 PM
If my best customer needed me to make a special exception, I would do it as well. I won't really fault GREE on this as it's a smart business move, but it sets the precedent for others in the future and goes against what is said in the faqs(like they matter). I'm sure I'm not the only one that notices the absence of a familiar name at the top of the leader board?

Been waiting to see if he was going to make another run at it.

JohnnyR
10-14-2012, 12:28 AM

Finally some sense. Would anyone let their best customer hang out to dry like everyone seems to think is fair? Mistakes happen, then there is such a thing as slapping some extra cheese on the next burger. Makes sense to me. Fairness has nothing to do with anything really.

Khimsoo
10-14-2012, 12:51 AM
Sometimes I feel this is like a virus vs anti-virus tactic. The one who creates will build the patch to balance it. Leaderboard may be swamped with some staff to "motivate" the spenders. Imagine if no one fighting for the top position, this leaderboard means nothing. Just some thought.

Viper77
03-24-2013, 07:34 PM
I would like to join your faction, what do I have to do? I'm very active on modern war

Milspec1
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Viper they are not a real Faction, they are actual real Pirates floating on an authentic Pirate ship somewhere in the caribbean. They just happen to have some internet access via satellite.

OwainCymro
03-25-2013, 01:16 AM
I heard they also like to use the yaws of the ship as 'practice' due to the absence of real women..

Dutchie
03-25-2013, 03:08 AM
I would like to join your faction, what do I have to do? I'm very active on modern war

First, you need to strip down to your underpants... then they will tar and feather you. This is just the first part to the initiation process, the next step is that you need to answer this question -

How deeeeeep are your pockets in your underpants?

P.S. Thanks for the necro!

B3N1T2
04-07-2013, 04:38 AM
if your a pun hater which it sounds like it join this faction 282583352. I've just started it but its a forum faction which means I'm only going to invite people on the forum so if you are in need of a faction and hate pirate united nation this is the right spot so join

NakedCherryPie
04-07-2013, 04:54 AM
if your a pun hater which it sounds like it join this faction 282583352. I've just started it but its a forum faction which means I'm only going to invite people on the forum so if you are in need of a faction and hate pirate united nation this is the right spot so joinDon't worry, We love you too B3N1T2, just for the simple fact that you use a s!m!lar in-game name. PUN thanks you for your future donations.

PIRATE JUSTICE
04-07-2013, 06:32 AM
PUN?

You people keep prattling and blathering about PUN and pirates.

For the umpteenth time, there are no pirates or PUN in this game.

You can take my word for that, pals!!!