PDA

View Full Version : Gang Related Buildings or Decor

buddylee
10-12-2012, 08:22 AM
I don't know if this has already been discussed, but some of the gangs in CC are established and well known. Has there been any discussion about gang related buildings or iconic decor being added to the game for the different groups to show their identity rather then just a tag on user name? Just curious

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Indians place a teepee. Ck us various existing decor pieces to spell out 'ck' or 'cold' so, while they may not be highly specialized or released for this specific use, a handful of gangs utilize existing decor to do that which you propose
To answer more specifically, i dont think gree would release items dedicated to a certain group...

mxz
10-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Added to the game? Other than the handful of buildings a while back (upscales, beachsides, Dominicans) I don't think there's been nothing new hood-wise.

Burn
10-12-2012, 08:33 AM
An in-game name tag is a silly idea, created purely to make the mob founders feel big.

It just makes you stand out, and effectively puts a target on your back - the equivalent of walking around the Iraqi desert in a brightly colored clown outfit waving a big old Uncle Sam flag. Tactically naive, and you will get shot.

There is no-one easier to track down in high levels than dumb people with gang letters in front of their name. The target you can never miss.

But teepees rock ;)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32215866/lil-injun.jpg

Ragmondino
10-12-2012, 08:47 AM
Teepees suck. Gang tags rule....
If there the right one

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 08:47 AM
An in-game name tag is a silly idea, created purely to make the mob founders feel big.

It just makes you stand out, and effectively puts a target on your back - the equivalent of walking around the Iraqi desert in a brightly colored clown outfit waving a big old Uncle Sam flag. Tactically naive, and you will get shot.

There is no-one easier to track down in high levels than dumb people with gang letters in front of their name. The target you can never miss.

But teepees rock ;)

Well good thing i have placed my tag AFTER my name :)

buddylee
10-12-2012, 08:48 AM
Indians place a teepee. Ck us various existing decor pieces to spell out 'ck' or 'cold' so, while they may not be highly specialized or released for this specific use, a handful of gangs utilize existing decor to do that which you propose
To answer more specifically, i dont think gree would release items dedicated to a certain group...

Maybe not, but I've seen people put some serious though into the development of their hood (specifically speak Giedrius - nice job by the way) and it made me curious how it might extend to specific groups within the game.

Sasha54
10-12-2012, 08:53 AM

But teepees rock ;)

I have a totem pole also - don't try to one- up me Burn........lol

(CK) EL
10-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Well good thing i have placed my tag AFTER my name :)

:)

Funny think is that i have come across 3 players until now (all lev 167-170) that have teepee in their hoods
and by reading their walls i understund that cks attack them (i prefer to rob them) and leave messages
like ..teepee= indian =take down. these guys are not indian and they don't understand why they call them indians.

Burn
10-12-2012, 09:10 AM
We are lucky, early days of the game Indians got their name from their hood decorations, and most others now avoid using those items because of their in-game meaning.

Would be good of other mobs could have decorations related to them.

Teflon n Prof... could have a statue made of excrement modelled in their exact likeness. Like a waxwork, well sh**work anyway.

CK.... Well they walk to the high levels and then soon after run from them. So perhaps a running track decoration, or a treadmill, so they can get fully fit before they run.

All other mobs... a kindergarten decor, or some swings at least ;)

buddylee
10-12-2012, 09:13 AM
We are lucky, early days of the game Indians got their name from their hood decorations, and most others now avoid using those items because of their in-game meaning.

Teflon n Prof... could have a statue made of excrement modelled in their exact likeness. Like a waxwork, well sh**work anyway.

CK.... Well they walk to the high levels and then soon after run from them. So perhaps a running track decoration, or a treadmill, so they can get fully fit before they run.

lol - That's good; I was curious of what some potential statues/flags/etc options could be for the different groups. I know it's been discussed, but how many different gangs are there?

isshi
10-12-2012, 09:13 AM

Funny think is that i have come across 3 players until now (all lev 167-170) that have teepee in their hoods
and by reading their walls i understund that cks attack them (i prefer to rob them) and leave messages
like ..teepee= indian =take down. these guys are not indian and they don't understand why they call them indians.

el c'mon then level up.. ill be waiting for that so called takedown ;)

Burn
10-12-2012, 09:14 AM

Non-Indians with teepees get told to remove them or get attacked. You are doing our work for us. Nice one. I always knew you CK boys would eventually become willing Indian servants ;)

I can also imagine CK players doing a veritable sexwee in their undergusset, thinking they are beating an actual Indian, lol.

I bet they send emails, with screenshots n shiz "Sean, Sean, look at me do, look at me do"

sez
10-12-2012, 09:17 AM
Hey Burn, is this your TeePee???

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/pee-pee_teepee.gif

(CK) EL
10-12-2012, 09:20 AM
Non-Indians with teepees get told to remove them or get attacked. You are doing our work for us. Nice one. I always knew you CK boys would eventually become willing Indian servants ;)

u wish Burn...
i am coming there soon and i promise to steal a lot of your ... stamina.

SiennaSharpe
10-12-2012, 09:21 AM
There's a little Irish mob in the mid forties or so. They should get cute little pubs.

sez
10-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Not a Big Turnout on Picture Day, Burn is that you 2nd from the left or last one on the end???

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/IndiansPhotoLogo.jpg

btw just found my new avatar

badvoc0
10-12-2012, 09:23 AM
There's a little Irish mob in the mid forties or so. They should get cute little pubs.

Irish mob you say?

Do tell......:cool:

Burn
10-12-2012, 09:27 AM
I wee with excitement every time i see a real chicken, one day I'm a catch one, and make myself a real life injun headdress, you watch if i don't. Just got to get myself fast like Rocky Balboa and catch me some headgear.

SiennaSharpe
10-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Irish mob you say?

Do tell......:cool:

It looks like just a handful of players. They list ranks on there names and everything. They go by CCIA (cc Irish association i think). We ran into them with our camper account.

Burn
10-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Not a Big Turnout on Picture Day, Burn is that you 2nd from the left or last one on the end???

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/IndiansPhotoLogo.jpg

btw just found my new avatar

Definitely JoeyCool on left, I'm worried about that boy, wearing cowboy boots, cowboy hats, chequered shirts, just not right. Brokeback Mountain looking mofo.

Post me a GIF JC ;)

Gotta lure him back to the forum one way or another.

badvoc0
10-12-2012, 09:33 AM
It looks like just a handful of players. They list ranks on there names and everything. They go by CCIA (cc Irish association i think). We ran into them with our camper account.

hmmm..sounds classy.

Maybe not.

Paulio
10-12-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't think the devs should waste any time on creating special buildings or deco for gang use. Most everyone playing the game have been waiting for the next goods, so I would suggest they first work on stuff that would benefit all.

sez
10-12-2012, 09:36 AM
Definitely JoeyCool on left, I'm worried about that boy, wearing cowboy boots, cowboy hats, chequered shirts, just not right. Brokeback Mountain looking mofo.

Post me a GIF JC ;)

Gotta lure him back to the forum one way or another.

OMG even found a theme song for you guys.

http://youtu.be/Yz9fXtA5n64

it's actually catchy, gaurantee you will be singing this while you play CC

SiennaSharpe
10-12-2012, 09:40 AM
hmmm..sounds classy.

Maybe not.

There are lots of little groups at the low levels. Most are comprised of just above average players from what I remember. There was a larger group in the 70-80's whose name I don't recall that tried to bully some players around, but they weren't very tough themselves. That group seemed to disappear once we got to the 80-90's where you start seeing CK. I'm on 114 now and mostly only see a few CK, the odd CCM and a few FwD (formerly CN, I think).

badvoc0
10-12-2012, 09:45 AM
@SiennaSharpe

Seen quite a few CK and Indians about, generally avoid, waaay too much difference is stats. Used to see a few TnA but not for a while. Three Barrels didnt last long, never heard of CCM/FwD/CN.

Didnt know there were quite so many of them, perhaps some kind of leaderboard someone?

(edit) Who's 'we'

nopenopenope
10-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Any gang affiliation should put North Korean flags in their hoods since they like dictatorships within and starve the rest outside.

SiennaSharpe
10-12-2012, 09:55 AM
@SiennaSharpe

Seen quite a few CK and Indians about, generally avoid, waaay too much difference is stats. Used to see a few TnA but not for a while. Three Barrels didnt last long, never heard of CCM/FwD/CN.

Didnt know there were quite so many of them, perhaps some kind of leaderboard someone?

(edit) Who's 'we'
My husband and I play each others accounts sometimes. His main acct is on 44 I think. We also have a super camper on 8.

badvoc0
10-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Ahh

(edit) Apparently posts need to have at least 10 characters

Ragmondino
10-12-2012, 09:58 AM

We could have a skanky hooker or nude lady for our mob

sez
10-12-2012, 10:00 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/motivated-awesomes-3.jpg

Ragmondino
10-12-2012, 10:02 AM
Bos removed his TnA, not sure about Sez but according to burn his in the lower mafias now. I think I'm the only one who still has it up.

mxz
10-12-2012, 10:04 AM
They should make a building that doesn't produce $ but needs to be collected (becomes available at random intervals). Upon gang initiation the building is built and assigned to your gang. If a rival gang robs it they get a point (like capture the flag). Since there's different gang sizes you could have varying frequency of the building becoming available, to make it more fair. Since total points favors small gangs (more targets) and percentage favors large gangs (higher chance your gang is camping in smaller gangs' hoods).

You could have scores tallied every day/week/month for each win. Who can win the most days in a month?

Call it Capture The Hood.

TonySpaghetti
10-12-2012, 10:08 AM

I love playing capture the hood. Oh wait - we're talking about Crime City here, right? Lol

buddylee
10-12-2012, 10:47 AM
They should make a building that doesn't produce $ but needs to be collected (becomes available at random intervals). Upon gang initiation the building is built and assigned to your gang. If a rival gang robs it they get a point (like capture the flag). Since there's different gang sizes you could have varying frequency of the building becoming available, to make it more fair. Since total points favors small gangs (more targets) and percentage favors large gangs (higher chance your gang is camping in smaller gangs' hoods).

You could have scores tallied every day/week/month for each win. Who can win the most days in a month?

MXZ - That's a great idea! It allows the differing mobs bragging rights aside from message board screen shots.

If they're looking for ways to promote forum events, they could have a mascot/flag/building design submission.

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 10:50 AM

I like the idea for sure but how would gree make money off it? Thats the bottomline for whether or not we will see these things...

mxz
10-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Hmm, I'll think about the business case...but here's some first thoughts.

You could charge gold to construct the building (100g?). Maybe make the building designable (like a hood within a hood) with gold parts (similar to tepees). Maybe make it like a poker tournament - everyone that wants to participate puts up 100g for the duration of the tourney (1-2wks) and the winning gang's members get some prize (item?).

Deluxe
10-12-2012, 11:22 AM

You could charge gold to construct the building (100g?). Maybe make the building designable (like a hood within a hood) with gold parts (similar to tepees). Maybe make it like a poker tournament - everyone that wants to participate puts up 100g for the duration of the tourney (1-2wks) and the winning gang's members get some prize (item?).

I like the idea of a buy in. Maybe because of that fact even the 'losers' get smthg cuz cant be dropping gold and not get something out of it...
Additionally, maybe you could purchase 'intel' of some sort that would help you capture the hood. I dont have it any more specific than that yet but just a general thought. Would have to be a cap on how much intel could be bought or the indians big spenders would run away with it

buddylee
10-12-2012, 11:36 AM
I don't think the devs should waste any time on creating special buildings or deco for gang use. Most everyone playing the game have been waiting for the next goods, so I would suggest they first work on stuff that would benefit all.

Paulio - I'm out of the loop, what are the next goods?

Paulio
10-12-2012, 11:39 AM
I meant that many people have requested new buildings and new decos for a long time. I think the devs should respond to those requests before bringing in anything specific to a gang.

jobadass
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM

Post me a GIF JC ;)

Gotta lure him back to the forum one way or another.+1
exactly this!

buddylee
10-12-2012, 11:41 AM

Yeah, there should definitely be some uber prize for the winning gang. That will be the incentive to buy/build stronger members ie, with money going to crates/scratch cards/in event items. Maybe in event items could be used for attacks such as catapults, battering rams, C4 who knows. The Epic Boss Events have 20gold mega hits...

Zendfrim
10-12-2012, 12:29 PM
not a big turnout on picture day, burn is that you 2nd from the left or last one on the end???

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/indiansphotologo.jpg

btw just found my new avatarhahahahah lmao rofl so accurate.

buddylee
10-12-2012, 01:23 PM
I meant that many people have requested new buildings and new decos for a long time. I think the devs should respond to those requests before bringing in anything specific to a gang.

Maybe they could do both. What were they asking for? I'm just wondering if we need something to kinda pick the game up for those that are becoming apathetic towards it.

kitzune
10-12-2012, 01:43 PM

sounds more like tagging the hood.

Maybe a way to do a bonus for a gang is even for their own buildings and everyone else's the idea are:

to have as many buildings indifferent hoods tagged at the same time.
You cannot tag the building in your own hood.
no one can see the count down timer on when the building can be tagged next.
the building is either 6x6 or 8x8 and shows the gang it was tagged by last. This means a CK hood could have an Indians tag or the other way.
first person to tag the building once it comes up has their gang tag on the building.
only people in a gang can participate. Gang members need to be tagged as such so it's visibile on the rivals list.
Also to participate a gang member has to have the building in their hood.
at a random time either day or week the buildings are frozen to see which gang has the most buildings tagged versus the size of the gang. depending on number of gangs the top x gangs get some reward either x% addition from robberies on rival gangs or 2 extra mafia on attacks versus rival gangs.

Steve0
10-12-2012, 05:20 PM
THC are around alot in the mid 130's mabe more I dont know. If you like to smoke the green stuff that gang is for you.

Coldjoey
10-12-2012, 11:45 PM
Please forget all this gang stuff, the only people calling for it are not in gangs!!

Jᵘᴵᵉˢ
10-13-2012, 02:09 AM
this might not be the best place for this question, but what does it mean to be part of a gang? i've only been playing for a month, but it seems like a solo game to me?

mxz
10-13-2012, 06:37 AM
this might not be the best place for this question, but what does it mean to be part of a gang? i've only been playing for a month, but it seems like a solo game to me?It is. Gangs are used more heavily in the higher levels to keep the game from getting boring since you'll be attacked more and get more comments if you have a gang tag; e.g. "(CK) Burn".

Plux
10-13-2012, 02:34 PM
For 1 year I've enjoyed my own special unique Red Telephone Boxes and Atlases to represent each $1m per hour I achieve. Many players tip their hat to me by aligning 3 red telephone boxes together. It's an honour to have pushed the income per hour mantra way way back in December 2011.
Plux

Zendfrim
10-13-2012, 07:49 PM
For 1 year I've enjoyed my own special unique Red Telephone Boxes and Atlases to represent each $1m per hour I achieve. Many players tip their hat to me by aligning 3 red telephone boxes together. It's an honour to have pushed the income per hour mantra way way back in December 2011.
PluxRespect, my friend, you are definitely one of the driving forces that started my income ascent.