PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboard Events & XP

OffensivelyNamedGuy
10-11-2012, 02:44 PM
I've never participated in one of these leaderboard events as I never do jobs or attack rivals. I received only one event container one time when I accidentally attacked someone while scrolling rivals list.

I also like to keep XP gain to a bare minimum.

Is there a way to participate in the leaderboard events while gaining minimal XP? Is the challenge in finding the containers (eg. low drop rate) or opening them to reveal the event item?

To draw a parallel with epic boss events, It only costs me 1 XP to trigger an epic boss. How many XP does it typically take to find a container?

buddylee
10-11-2012, 02:58 PM
It depends on what activity you're doing. You should have the chance to pick up a container on what ever activity you're doing, whether it's stealing from another hood or beating up another player (PVP) or just doing missions from the different areas on the map. I usually go back to Canal Street and beat up carmen. It takes about 9 energy points to attack her, but the XP that returns is only 1xp. I will usually attack her with all my energy, about 90 times, so that would get me about 6-8 containers with only 90xp accumulated. You may be able to get them quicker through PVP, especially if you're hitting someone that has a lot of them. There were times I've received 4 in a row and each attack was between 5 and 8xp. So it just depends on how frequently they drop.

mxz
10-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Rob other players. But you're not guaranteed boxes since they have to them them in their inventory and then there is a drop %.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
10-11-2012, 05:32 PM
I've done plenty of robbing during these events, and I've never recieved a box, so I assumed that was not possible (i.e. PVP only). Must be that they never have them in their inventory. Any idea on drop rates for robbing vs PVP?

Thanks for the numbers buddy, gives me an idea. Might be a good idea to wait a few days into the event, and start scanning potential rivals' inventories for event items. Might have a box or two left over!

PawnXIIX
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the numbers buddy, gives me an idea. Might be a good idea to wait a few days into the event, and start scanning potential rivals' inventories for event items. Might have a box or two left over!

Drops on the other players seem to be pretty uniform for both attacking and robbing buildings. Out of 10 attacks I could get as many as 5 crates, and robbing buildings continued a similar trend. I'm not personally sure if different buildings offer different results, but if you're going to try and keep your XP down to a minimum you're going to want to rob lots of laundromats. If there really is no drop difference based on the type of building, then the XP from the laundromats will keep your level far down while providing you with the maximum number of crates.

Auxilium
10-11-2012, 11:13 PM
Last event Carmen from the first map was a huge *%$ and was dropping almost nothing. I'm not sure if it was bad luck or not. Will do the same next event.

PawnXIIX
10-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Last event Carmen from the first map was a huge *%$ and was dropping almost nothing. I'm not sure if it was bad luck or not. Will do the same next event.

2% drop rate...

Polarbear
10-11-2012, 11:23 PM
Box drop % scales with energy.

Best way to participate without leveling, is to rob the Laundromats of people who attack you.

Those active players usually have spare boxes

Auxilium
10-11-2012, 11:33 PM

Best way to participate without leveling, is to rob the Laundromats of people who attack you.

Even the high energy jobs gave me almost nothing. It just wasn't my event because i only got to 11 on the 3th day and the other 40/50 tries were all fails..

I could go and fight active players but then i have to attack first to get in their hood.. I will check the rivals on their inventory and attack the lm if they have a event item. Did that last event but it's really time consuming:(

Polarbear
10-12-2012, 12:59 AM
@Aux

I will assume you're on Android, because IOS players generally have an abundance of boxes. Last one we had, I ended with 350 spare.

For 20/20 events you need to open around 100 free boxes to have a reasonable chance, otherwise I wouldn't expect to win.

Auxilium
10-12-2012, 01:16 AM
@Aux

I will assume you're on Android, because IOS players generally have an abundance of boxes. Last one we had, I ended with 350 spare.

For 20/20 events you need to open around 100 free boxes to have a reasonable chance, otherwise I wouldn't expect to win.

I'm on Ios but i'm crawling on events so i want to limit the xp i get. If i attack and rob allot i would probably drown in the boxes.

The thing is, i got to 20 or higher for 2 or 3 events and one to 18. I didn't do much different compared to the old events so it was weird to get such a low amount.

buddylee
10-12-2012, 06:52 AM

Yeah, that's the other method I use. If they failed attacking me, the likelihood of me beating them and them having crates are pretty high.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm going to try to scout out some High Altitude Goggles and rob some laundromats.

Are there items other than the 5/10/15/20 items to look out for? (maybe ones that come in the boxes instead of event items?)

Auxilium
10-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the tips guys.

I'm going to try to scout out some High Altitude Goggles and rob some laundromats.

Are there items other than the 5/10/15/20 items to look out for? (maybe ones that come in the boxes instead of event items?)
Because the event just started i'm looking for Crate Busters (from the last crate event). It's a melee item that is exact the same as the crowbar and very easy to spot.

Plux
10-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Strategically withdrawing from Crate Box Events, The Value to Price co-efficient is like buying a Loaf of Bread for $50,000. Loaves of Bread, the last time I looked, were not Diamonds!

Tomatoneverdie
10-13-2012, 08:04 AM
I work on Thug Life during 20/20 events and never had a problem jacking boxes from rivals....

OffensivelyNamedGuy
10-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Robbed around 20 laundromats 3 times of guys with crate busters. Not a thing so far!

Coldjoey
10-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Robbed around 20 laundromats 3 times of guys with crate busters. Not a thing so far!
I find T-shirt stalls and beach houses have a good drop rate. I don't have prob finding boxes, I do bosses on jobs for first day just to get a few crates then loads of robberies on low xp buildings. I'm have real trouble opening them this time
20 attempts (all in game cash), 2 items and 2 lots of cash. I won't use gold as not worth the reward unless you are competing.

Auxilium
10-14-2012, 12:34 AM

Never said it would be easy ;) I'm having the same drop rate tho, but i get enough from my energy now so i don't rob people.

OffensivelyNamedGuy
10-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Never said it would be easy ;) I'm having the same drop rate tho, but i get enough from my energy now so i don't rob people.

Haha I've found 2 boxes today. 1 jetpack and and 1 item. I've broken the seal at least !