PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this... Would like people's opinion..

jay_usher
10-11-2012, 08:46 AM
From heavy gold players to light gold players and free players.. What if there was a dynamic change in the game where you could trade in big piles if cash for gold?
Like the offers they give. if u spend this real money u get the option of gold or game cash. What if you could change ur game cash for the amount of gold, like if you was to purchase game money for real money anyway?

BigD@wg
10-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Any gold player (even light gold spenders like myself) will object as free players could build just as strong of armies that the gold players have had to buy with real money. Plus Gree is a business and that would take money out of their pocket. They are in business to make money.

BigD@wg
10-11-2012, 08:53 AM
The equivalent, which many have asked for, is cash units with bigger stats. Once again, they want you to spend real money for top units. Cash units with high stats would also lower their profits.

jay_usher
10-11-2012, 09:01 AM
I am also a gold spender and would welcome the idea.. Even if u had to pay double the game amount.. It will have some gd effects in my opinion.. People wouldn't always be able to save that much and would still buy gold as it is easier and takes less time.. But would also give free players a chance with certain aspects..

Mcdoc
10-11-2012, 09:05 AM
It would kill the game - and it's already on life support as is.

jay_usher
10-11-2012, 09:19 AM
How? At lvl 145 1500 gold is the same as $45,000,000 how many people have that lying around in the bank? I remember at a lower lvl it was about $20,000,000 also if ur wanting to upgrade ur big buildings then it's going to be a decider...

Mad
10-11-2012, 09:28 AM
Unfortunately, their business model won't support the idea. They need us to buy the units with real money not MW cash.

Whatever ideas we suggest cannot jeopardize their revenues or it won't go anywhere.

But what MW might be prepared to do is offer higher value cash units so people can survive the upper levels. I think the best we could hope for for is Units with high Defense and low Attack. People would need to use gold to buy High Attack units.

I have mentioned this before but as far as I am concerned the only real way to make meaningful change in MW is going to a subscription -- say a monthly subscription of $6 to $7 that would give people access to new maps (with great loot), different units, maybe even quicker upgrade times etc.

MW needs to be weaned off this death spiral of gold units. Look at the latest event unit -- 3200 Attack points. By January I expect there to be units of 6000+ Attack points, meaning anyone who spent $2,500 to win this 3200 unit just got ripped off. That is wicked inflation and devaluation of money spent on this game.

Last December I think the top Gold unit was 50 A or something like that.

The Business model needs to be changed.

Arizona
10-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Partially true... the saving grace of this idea is that if casch players could trade in for gold, there might be an incentive for them to speed up the process or offer them a "special" if they quickened their purchase with real $.
It isn't as dead an idea as it may sound.
100,000,000 for 100 gold
100,000,000 for 250 gold in 7 days.

Play with the numbers though. The principle is in offering the incentive to purchase something to receive more than you would by waiting. Might be handy if theres an event on the horizon.

Unfortunately, whatever is offered has to not conflict with their main source of income which is plain a vanilla gold purchase. So work it out boys 'n girls. Any incentive for cash players to purchase gold without harming the cash income of Gree is a step forward.
I though like my challenge of a goldless game. It's a struggle but it's a challenge using a brain to win rather than a debit card to boost my ego.:D
Oh there there, pirates and gold bugs. Don't take it personally. It's just a bit of fun. I mean you no harm, (unless my puny cash army can slaughter you) and if it can't...well hello old friend I believe we are not yet allies! Care to beeeee?

Lt. Falcon
10-11-2012, 09:34 AM
How? At lvl 145 1500 gold is the same as $45,000,000 how many people have that lying around in the bank? I remember at a lower lvl it was about $20,000,000 also if ur wanting to upgrade ur big buildings then it's going to be a decider...

1500 gold is the same as $74,058,000 for me (@lvl 89 w/ $617k IPH)....the vault of cash is proportionate to your IPH, not your level. From what I remember, the formula for calculating vault of cash was IPH * 120 (hours).

Warfiend
10-11-2012, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't even do the boss events anymore, I would just camp and camp and camp, all upgrades focused solely on increasing income to build up a gold army, so would a lot of other people. And that would further mess up game play.

This game would be extremely boring if everyone's armies were indestructible gold units.

Something they could do that would incorporate that idea while potentially improving game play is to randomly pop windows of time on us where we could do that for a day. Make sure the pricing encourages people hoping to do it to stay substantially over vault, basically all the time to be ready for when it pops up. And it shouldn't pop up often either, once a month, maybe twice.

This would encourage a lot of good things in the game. Stronger defenses, better/more cash targets for gold players and stronger free players, and a large amount of war during the window as people scramble to try to get enough for the buy in.

Having it infrequently as an event would severly limit the negative impact on gold players and they could limit people to say, 1 vault per event to further keep it from getting out of hand.

Ph4ntom Stranger
10-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Very interesting idea Warfiend!

jay_usher
10-11-2012, 09:49 AM
All g ideas and thinking in the right directions just wondered if something like these ideas could make it to the top cats

Mad
10-11-2012, 09:54 AM
I wouldn't even do the boss events anymore, I would just camp and camp and camp, all upgrades focused solely on increasing income to build up a gold army, so would a lot of other people. And that would further mess up game play.

This game would be extremely boring if everyone's armies were indestructible gold units.

Something they could do that would incorporate that idea while potentially improving game play is to randomly pop windows of time on us where we could do that for a day. Make sure the pricing encourages people hoping to do it to stay substantially over vault, basically all the time to be ready for when it pops up. And it shouldn't pop up often either, once a month, maybe twice.

This would encourage a lot of good things in the game. Stronger defenses, better/more cash targets for gold players and stronger free players, and a large amount of war during the window as people scramble to try to get enough for the buy in.

Having it infrequently as an event would severly limit the negative impact on gold players and they could limit people to say, 1 vault per event to further keep it from getting out of hand.

That is so true. Everyone is complaining about losing units in battle, but the ability to lose is what makes the game interesting as you have to develop strategy to reduce losses. These massive gold armies are going to be the downfall of the game. MW will turn into little more than a snowball fight as nobody can hurt anyone because we are all invincible.

The game needs some serious restructuring if it is to survive in the long term.

I think that MW should institute a plan where in any battle you can only have 70% gold units, the rest of your army must consist of cash or valour units. It would not affect gold sales as people would need to buy higher value units to fill the top end spots to build their armies.

Mcdoc
10-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Best Comparison I can think of: it's like a fancy night club with a huge parking lot 2 blocks away where you can park for free & walk in the rain OR pay $25 to Valet Park your car right at the front door.

If the club was making $5000 a night on Valet Parking - do you really think they would even consider the cries of the masses over why they club should create some kind of "trade-in" program where you could pay for Valet Parking with 25 cocktail napkins with the club logo on it verses $25 real cash money?

JohnnyR
10-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I think the new valor units within the rank system is supposed to address the imbalance issues between gold/free players, but it doesn't go far enough. Events are great for low level/medium level players, but what about after level 80 or 100...?

Without competition b/w free and gold spenders being viable, I don't see how long this game can hold out for.

It is deeper than that though. I'm getting bored as a free player with so few targets to hit for money. If I had double the stats, the problem still exists-there is too few things to do. I think a mechanism needs to be implemented where gold players need cash, I think there needs to be more people building up bases and something to get that going, I think there needs to be a way to earn more cash in battles. Everyone vaults, everyone collects... What the heck is there to attack or do?

General Soviet
10-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Finally someone else has mentioned this idea. I have always thought how something like this would be an excellent addition to the game. It would be better than Tapjoy by far. Again, great thinking.

Fun
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
or when you 'earn' the gold you get a crap ton of xp to keep you leveling up or something?

Miner
10-11-2012, 12:01 PM

It only takes me 4 days to building up $45,000,000 just from collecting my buildings alone. So that means I could basically net a vault of gold every 4 days for doing nothing. Like McDoc said, that would kill the game and greatly de-value the "investment" many players have made in this game. (I use investment very loosely because all you get in return for your money is a game full of hackers, cheaters, bugs and lies)

Selfproclaimed
10-11-2012, 12:23 PM
No one would even waste their in game cash for cash units. EVERY person in The game will save to get gold,it'd be pointless

jay_usher
10-11-2012, 01:54 PM
It only takes me 4 days to building up $45,000,000 just from collecting my buildings alone. So that means I could basically net a vault of gold every 4 days for doing nothing. Like McDoc said, that would kill the game and greatly de-value the "investment" many players have made in this game. (I use investment very loosely because all you get in return for your money is a game full of hackers, cheaters, bugs and lies)
Well like other said te money u get for real cash changes due to ur iph so it would work out that way? At the end of the day if u don that ur base would be stagnant and never upgrading buildings! U could loose ur money over vaulting to there are so many factors! So it wouldn't tak u 4 days would it?

FromAfar
10-11-2012, 02:13 PM
i dont think anything like this, the OP's idea, would be offered.

it it were there would be some caviats.

in the game, time is money when purchased with cash, as noted above. the in-game cash / actual cash dollar is directly related to your IPH, as noted. just started a VLLP and compared to my other 2. and yes, $5 actually gets a WAY different amount of in-game money. but regardless of level $5 still gets you the same amount of in-game gold.

in the same way, the trade rate would have to be outrageous to avoid ticking off real gold buyers. like Ferr and the crew that spend ungodly amount here.

i do think people would still buy cash units because at some point their unprotected vault would be at risk, to goldies or even strong(er) cash players. i think most would still buy the high end cash units they probably already purchase to avoid being someones huckleberry.

heck, i have been seeing lots of goldies at my level recently. many of which appear to beyond the "tapjoy" level of spending. i'd be upset of my super units were eclipsed by something offered for free.

and yeah, for event players, you may have a shot at some big units, but IMHO, without gold to expedite or guarentee more opens / energy recharges, getting to the mega prizes is a little difficult. again, the tease to generate REAL cash revenue.

No one would even waste their in game cash for cash units. EVERY person in The game will save to get gold,it'd be pointless

Jhenry02
10-11-2012, 02:22 PM
Id spend 50,000,000 game cash on 100 gold bars

BigD@wg
10-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Th reason gold exists is to get people to spend real money. Apps like tapjoy exist to dangle the carrot in front of your mouth (provide a little gold to open up the experience of having gold and seeing how it changes aspects of the game)....basically once again to entice future purchases.

The imbalance created between gold and free players is there for a reason. To compel people to buy gold to be able to compete. They don't want free players to ever beat a gold player. As much as people want a strategy game....this isn't it. Everything in this game was set up to do one thing and one thing only...entice you to spend money!

Hondo
10-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't see exchanging game cash for gold ever happening. Gree just won't do it, but what about having a once a month sale on a unit with gold stats you could buy with cash. Maybe a unit with 200 or 300 A or D, and of course you could only buy 1. Gree could even base the stats on your level. I don't think this would change the game to much, and would give free players something to work and look forward to. Just a thought.

Osy
10-11-2012, 04:29 PM
I don't see any imbalance between gold and free players. At certain level the interest in battles diminishes, it becomes more about what's next.

BigD@wg
10-11-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't see any imbalance between gold and free players. At certain level the interest in battles diminishes, it becomes more about what's next.

What level are you? Wait until you reach the top levels when a free player can only top out in the 100k range for A/D and heavy gold players are in are in the 200-500k A/D. That's the imbalance I'm referring to in the game.

Morphlingman
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
I have mentioned this before but as far as I am concerned the only real way to make meaningful change in MW is going to a subscription -- say a monthly subscription of $6 to $7 that would give people access to new maps (with great loot), different units, maybe even quicker upgrade times etc.

I like this idea. Offering subscriptions for different aspects of the game would be good, or something to increase the enjoyment of the game. Offer more variety

MonkeyPuppy2012
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
You are not thinking

The gold spenders pay for the game so the cash generating building players get to play free

This is a business
Gold buyers pay so YOU can play

Q Raider
10-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Trying to think of an option which is outside of the "GOLD" purchase situation but provides an element of challenge/fun/risk for all players whilst providing an opportunity for the "Free" players to (albeit temporarily) give the Gold players a bit of decent competition.

For example what if there was the opportunity to (using Game Cash) purchase "sets" of Skill points which could be used to significantly boost and attack or a defence to a figure well beyond what is displayed?

The points could either last for a specific time, number of attacks/defends or perhaps even a level was achieved.
Once used then a specific set of criteria have to be reached before the option again became available.

Boost your Attack and go after someone (be prepared to duck later though)
Boost your defence and give someone an unpleasant surprise.
Use a defence boost to provide some form of protection against attacks when going over vault for the bigger upgrades.

LeBarticus
10-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Omg no one has ever thought of this before!!111!!!111

jay_usher
10-12-2012, 06:07 AM
Omg no one has ever thought of this before!!111!!!111
Let's all say hello to the smart arse

LeBarticus
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Lol, hey, sup. Drunk + forum = smartass

JohnnyR
10-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Lol, hey, sup. Drunk + forum = smartass

Before noon no less! LOL!

Jhenry02
10-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Well I have been mulling this over, the best one can do with a cash army is about 104k attack but only 34k defense. There needs to be higher level set of cash units to purchase. Something even like a 75/50 for 14 million, I don't know... Just a thought. Because with 75/50 we max at 150k/100k which give us a standing chance against all but super high gold purchasers.

Worth considering

Jason

Giedrybe
10-13-2012, 04:21 AM
Jhenry, how have you calculated max defense? Looks like you took 1000 of ACs, though you should calculate 2000 of them.

Jhenry02
10-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I was actually using stealth bombers at 50/17