PDA

View Full Version : Equivalency metric?

Silvio
10-10-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi all,

Given the disparity of people on the board at different levels, it often becomes difficult to gauge relative strength across levels. What if a simple calculation of atk (or def) per mafia divided by level was used?

So a person with 1000atk with 50 mafia at lvl 10 would have a metric of 20, and a person with 5000 atk with 500 mafia at lvl 100 would have a metric of 10, so less powerful than the first person, relatively.

Thoughts?

My atk would be 40284 divided by mob of 500, divided by lvl 157, metric of 0.513
My def would be 47732 divided by 500, 157, metric of 0.608

Deluxe
10-10-2012, 09:09 PM
113/105 w 500 mafia at level 169...math is hard

How much would level matter when level 100+ all players have same 500 max mafia??

Dipstik
10-10-2012, 09:51 PM
How about if you want to compare yourself to someone at a higher level with more mafia, you level up, mob up, and put up?

Silvio
10-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Well, that's kind of why I was hoping to get an idea of where I am, before I hit the shark tanks in 15 or so levels.

Level matters because it is a surrogate for the amount of time you've played the game. Once you hit lvl 100, the mod number will stay at 500, unless you've dropped below max for whatever reason.

@deluxe, atk is 113000/500/169 equal 1.33. You are stronger than me by about two And a half times. Your def is 10500/500/169, or 1.24, again twice as strong.

Silvio
10-10-2012, 10:13 PM
@dipstick - that's the point. If the analysis holds. It allows you to compare yourself against other people at different levels and different mob sizes WITHOUT having to level up or mob up.

Dipstik
10-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Well, that's kind of why I was hoping to get an idea of where I am, before I hit the shark tanks in 15 or so levels.

Chances are very good that you're not even close enough to care how close you are. Just play your game.

Silvio
10-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Tank's at about 175-180. I got ~20lvls, give or take. Call it two months. Close enough for me to start thinking about it, hence my post. If you have nothing to add, don't post here and go back to posting in threads where you do add value.

Deluxe
10-11-2012, 09:10 AM
So i wonder what sam is w his ~500k attack w 500 mafia at level 200...scary is the correct answer!

mnju_03
10-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I ain't skurred!

Dipstik
10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
I think I'm adding plenty of value. You're talking about your "relative" strength compared to other players when apparently you're at around 45k stats. That's not terrible for a free player, but if you even feel the need to talk about where you're at compared to people who spend money on this game, you're delusional. you'd be wise to listen to me and abandon this line of thought. You're not even playing against them... just ignore them and play your game.

Deluxe
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I think I'm adding plenty of value. You're talking about your "relative" strength compared to other players when apparently you're at around 45k stats. That's not terrible for a free player, but if you even feel the need to talk about where you're at compared to people who spend money on this game, you're delusional. you'd be wise to listen to me and abandon this line of thought. You're not even playing against them... just ignore them and play your game.

Hes got a good point...even with my nifty metric and relatively solid stats, if i piss off the wrong shark i will get destroyed every two hours, on the hour, until the game ends

kitzune
10-11-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi all,
So a person with 1000atk with 50 mafia at lvl 10 would have a metric of 20, and a person with 5000 atk with 500 mafia at lvl 100 would have a metric of 10, so less powerful than the first person, relatively.

Thoughts?

My atk would be 40284 divided by mob of 500, divided by lvl 157, metric of 0.513
My def would be 47732 divided by 500, 157, metric of 0.608

I don't think the levvel part is needed. As differences between levels with in 5 levels will be small. Also once you have both people over level 115 then all of the respect items are available. The PVP drops seem to be the same from what people have said after level 100 with some shared even further down the level list.

besides if my attack or defense per mafia member is 17.5K/200 or 87.5 I know the average contribution for items is 87.5/5 (gun, melee, armor, explosive and vehicle) or 17.5

I know someone level 100 with 30k stats is a target to work to but they have 500 mafia then ave per mafia member is 60 or 12 per item category. So that means if I can equip the other 300 mafia with similar numbers/items to the equipment my 200 members is I will be easily over that level 100 when I get there.

so therefore the stat comparison should be stat/#mafia/5 and that would give the average attack or defense for each usable item in the inventory for the stat looked at.

Deluxe
10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't think the levvel part is needed. As differences between levels with in 5 levels will be small. Also once you have both people over level 115 then all of the respect items are available. The PVP drops seem to be the same from what people have said after level 100 with some shared even further down the level list.

besides if my attack or defense per mafia member is 17.5K/200 or 87.5 I know the average contribution for items is 87.5/5 (gun, melee, armor, explosive and vehicle) or 17.5

I know someone level 100 with 30k stats is a target to work to but they have 500 mafia then ave per mafia member is 60 or 12 per item category. So that means if I can equip the other 300 mafia with similar numbers/items to the equipment my 200 members is I will be easily over that level 100 when I get there.

so therefore the stat comparison should be stat/#mafia/5 and that would give the average attack or defense for each usable item in the inventory for the stat looked at.

But factoring in level gives good insight to how efficient a player has been. If youre level 200 with crap stats then your metric will come waaayyy down and it will show that perhaps you dont really understand/play the game very effectively. But solid stats at a low level will boost the metric showing good game insight or gold use. Theres 1000 ways to skin a cat but i like the level being incorporated because of what it says about someone's understanding of how to play the game given x amount of time...

Dipstik
10-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Hes got a good point...even with my nifty metric and relatively solid stats, if i piss off the wrong shark i will get destroyed every two hours, on the hour, until the game ends

And, of course, if you DON'T piss anyone off, you'll get destroyed every 2 hours on the hour.

nopenopenope
10-11-2012, 10:28 AM
^^^^^^ pretty much. The tank only grows larger and larger by the day if people would only realize it isn't the fear of only a group, but you now have 5x the players in your "bracket" as you once did....uncover the wool you will be sought after by everyone all the time and chances are high 50% are better than you (FP'ers).

iteachem
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
And, of course, if you DON'T piss anyone off, you'll get destroyed every 2 hours on the hour.

That's what makes it fun...big deal 120 attacks a day...

PC77
10-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Can you get by in the shark tank with stats of approx 50/50k att/def??

Dipstik
10-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Define "get by." You will be weaker than almost anyone who's spent real money on the game, but you realize there's pretty much no penalty for losing fights, right?

iteachem
10-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Define "get by." You will be weaker than almost anyone who's spent real money on the game, but you realize there's pretty much no penalty for losing fights, right?

My point exactly..

-JAY-THE-ROBBER-
10-11-2012, 12:13 PM
If you havent spent at leat a grand when you get too high in levels you will not just get beat but they will make it a point to continueosly pummelle you... On time. Everyday. LoL. Just remember its only. A Game

Ramshutu
10-11-2012, 12:17 PM
The simplest metric is to simply divide the a/d by mafia count, I started doing this ages ago on one of the stat update threads.

The only issue, is that this is okay for a quick comparrison, but not particularly good for estimating what your atk/def would be, realistically, if you increased your mafia.

The problem is that if you don't spend significant amounts of gold, your inventory will be heavily skewed, a high % of your stats will come from a small % of items. Over time, this will even itself out if you keep your spending patterns the same, but it means that it is not a good estimator for going to max mafia.

dudeman
10-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Tank's at about 175-180. I got ~20lvls, give or take. Call it two months. Close enough for me to start thinking about it, hence my post. If you have nothing to add, don't post here and go back to posting in threads where you do add value.

The level cutoff for the shark tank is almost guaranteed to move up a few levels over the course of two months. Right now the cutoff is ~176, but two months ago it was quite a bit lower. Iirc, low 160s. I won't be at all surprised if it gets to 185-190 by xmas.

I don't see why this metric idea is necessary. Hitting the shark tank does not mean there are suddenly fewer players that you can beat, it just means you will start seeing more gold players who have probably been playing for longer than you.

If you want to "get a good idea of where you're at", take a look "where you're at". Is your news mostly green or mostly red, or a pretty even split? Does it take you forever to unload 100 stamina on wins only, or can you go through it in a few minutes?

None of that will change when you get to the shark tank. You might have to spend more time looking for targets, but that's because there are a lot of people who are robbed out or too beat up. If you're worried about the sharks, you're wasting effort being concerned about something over which you have little or no control. The only thing you can control is how much gold you buy, and if you're not willing to outspend then time spent worrying is time wasted.

PC77
10-11-2012, 12:42 PM
@Dipstick
I know those stats are no match for the top dogs, I've got my head around knowing I'm going be nursing a lot of extra bruises..
What I mean by get by, at 50/50k, are there enough players with less/similar stats in the shark tank for players like me to feed on??
I assume the tank isn't totally full of mega stats, hoping more than assuming maybe..

Dipstik
10-11-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh there are so many people with terrible stats you wouldn't BELIEVE. And lots of them have GREAT hoods to rob!

PC77
10-11-2012, 01:08 PM
Looking forward to getting there so, still prob a month or so away, depending how often I get on.
More than likely just level up by farming and events.
Apologies for going a little off topic lads..

Silvio
10-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Good discussion.

@ dudeman- I see what you're saying, and I'm not really worried about where I am now ( mostly green, no trouble finding people to rob/beat up). My goal was to try and find out where I need to aim for, as I move into some higher levels.

The reason for including the level IMO, is to use something to approximate a rate of increase as I go up. Looking at other players' indicies would point to whether I needed to increase spending as I level up, or stay on the same pace I'm on.