PDA

View Full Version : Anyone noticed this with boss events.

Munch on it
10-10-2012, 03:42 PM
I've noticed that if you trigger a boss by robbing a building you don't get the money or exp or respect from the rob that triggered the boss.
It wasn't just a one off thing either because I kept robbing this guys night club and forgot about it every time so I was only getting half of what I should've been.

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:56 PM
I've noticed that if you trigger a boss by robbing a building you don't get the money or exp or respect from the rob that triggered the boss.
It wasn't just a one off thing either because I kept robbing this guys night club and forgot about it every time so I was only getting half of what I should've been.

I get the money and the respect. You can see it too if you go into the fight and shake the device which automatically picks up the money for you. I've done this on multiple occasions when I was counting on using the rob money to fund my attacks.

Munch on it
10-10-2012, 04:06 PM
I havnt been getting anything with the rob that triggers the boss I do with fights and jobs just not from robbing there is no money on hand and none on the ground and no fight result either. And after I go out of the boss screen I can only rob the building once

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 04:09 PM
I havnt been getting anything with the rob that triggers the boss I do with fights and jobs just not from robbing there is no money on hand and none on the ground and no fight result either. And after I go out of the boss screen I can only rob the building once

It's actually gotten annoying because when I was first trying to do the hits before the timer ticked down too far from 2:00:00 the fight/rob result was actually getting in the way of my boss screen D:

Next time try to rob, and when it pops up immediately exit and see what happens, because right now it's working fine for me :/

TonySpaghetti
You know the boss event is over, right?

mxz
There's a work-around.

Rob/attack/PVE -> Boss triggers (oh nos!)
Click the X in the upper right corner of the boss screen.
-----Do not click Fight, do not click Retreat...just click the X.
Collect money/RP/loot (or not)
Go back to your goals list and do to the boss (or not)
Rob/attack/PVE again

Bug solved...errr, worked around.

TonySpaghetti
10-10-2012, 04:11 PM
There's a work-around.

Rob/attack/PVE again

That's what I do.

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 04:12 PM

( ._.)

Bollocks.

Munch on it
10-10-2012, 04:16 PM
There's a work-around.

Rob/attack/PVE again

Looks like its just me lol I've tried that what I kept telling myself was make sure ones already triggered or if one isn't then rob something like a LM but I kept on forgetting and only getting half of the nightclubs or hotels. Hopefully it was only this boss event that its done it on and the next one will be fine. Other wise ill take screen shots in the next one

Munch on it
10-10-2012, 04:18 PM

Yes I do. I've only just had the time to put this out there to see if it was happening to anyone else and not just me

mxz
Looks like its just me lol I've tried that what I kept telling myself was make sure ones already triggered or if one isn't then rob something like a LM but I kept on forgetting and only getting half of the nightclubs or hotels. Hopefully it was only this boss event that its done it on and the next one will be fine. Other wise ill take screen shots in the next oneNo seriously...that method works.

If it doesn't work...time to switch to iOS.

Caleb
I've seen the same issue multiple times, but not every time a rob triggers the Boss. I'm pretty sure I've exited the Boss Screen without fighting and still found no money or respect and just one hit left for the building. This usually seems to happen to me after I've gone as far as I can in the event so I'm not thinking about it and find a nice building to rob, only to miss out on the first collection because of this behavior. I *try* to trigger the Boss from PvE to avoid this problem, when I remember...

TonySpaghetti
10-10-2012, 04:19 PM
No seriously...that method works.

If it doesn't work...time to switch to iOS.

Android doesn't have boss events yet, do they?

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Android doesn't have boss events yet, do they?

No they don't, that's why I was like...that comment made no sense :p

mxz
10-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Android doesn't have boss events yet, do they?Point stands, no? :)

Another thing to note is that if Bosses don't trigger and they should (you've seen the Boss welcome screen - which is different then knowing there's a Boss event) - any PVP/rob/PVE action you do will trigger a boss if you don't have one. Don't be fooled by the chance talk. If you start queuing up actions there may be other problems that are caused since you're essentially in a race condition where multiple bosses have tried to trigger. That's bad. And you can't work around it. So don't queue up actions during events.

Munch on it
10-10-2012, 04:26 PM
I've seen the same issue multiple times, but not every time a rob triggers the Boss. I'm pretty sure I've exited the Boss Screen without fighting and still found no money or respect and just one hit left for the building. This usually seems to happen to me after I've gone as far as I can in the event so I'm not thinking about it and find a nice building to rob, only to miss out on the first collection because of this behavior. I *try* to trigger the Boss from PvE to avoid this problem, when I remember...

That's how I noticed it because I couldn't go any further with the boss event so I wasn't worried about trying to beat him.
Only thing was it happened every time for me I've sent a ticket in so will see what they say.

Caleb
10-10-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm going to say that I don't think a PvP/rob/PvE *always* triggers the Boss. I usually PvE once and wait, and generally the Boss will show up with a varying length delay. I've tried exiting the app and relaunching before when the Boss didn't show, and it still didn't trigger though until a subsequent PvP/rob/PvE.

mxz
10-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm going to say that I don't think a PvP/rob/PvE *always* triggers the Boss. I usually PvE once and wait, and generally the Boss will show up with a varying length delay. I've tried exiting the app and relaunching before when the Boss didn't show, and it still didn't trigger though until a subsequent PvP/rob/PvE.This is (usually) due to the game data not loading yet (or correctly)...which is why a restart fixes it.

If the boss is going to trigger - it will trigger on 1 action (possibly with delay).

From my experimentation with the game data and packet traces there is nothing to suggest there is any sort of "chance", but rather a single decision of whether a boss should trigger based on if there is a current event and if a boss is already triggered. Only two factors.

Munch on it
10-10-2012, 05:29 PM
This is the reply I got so they are onto it yay

Thank you for the report. Right now, the Epic Boss can occasionally block the rewards from jobs or attacks. We have identified the cause of this issue, however that cause is buried deeply in the code for the game. Because of this, the fix is not implemented easily. We will be pushing a fix in one of the upcoming game updates.

We understand that this is frustrating and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Regards,

CE

dudeman
10-10-2012, 05:51 PM
This is the reply I got so they are onto it yay

Thank you for the report. Right now, the Epic Boss can occasionally block the rewards from jobs or attacks. We have identified the cause of this issue, however that cause is buried deeply in the code for the game. Because of this, the fix is not implemented easily. We will be pushing a fix in one of the upcoming game updates.

We understand that this is frustrating and we deeply apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Regards,

CE

That's no surprise. Whenever there is a problem like that it's always buried deep in the code. :p

At least they know about it and can take whatever necessary actions to correct the issue. :)

Leanidas
10-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Anyone know any tips for beating the bosses on high levels

Dipstik
10-11-2012, 10:01 AM
Yeah... start over and try at low levels. I'm assuming you don't want to spend $5k.