PDA

View Full Version : Shark tank: kinda bottom view

prostouser
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Just hit 175 lvl an my rival list has changed drastically. Something was unexpected.

1. I'm lvl 175 with 503 mafia. I can see only 179-200 lvl players in my list. Can't find rivals with 178 or lesser lvl. Funny surprize.
2. Mafia varies from ~350 to several thousands. Distribution of visible rivals is surprising for me too: About 80% has 500+ mafia, 15% has 498-499, 5% has 350-490 .
3. After dropping mafia to 495 I can't see any significant difference in my rival list. It can be a lag, so I'm going to leave it at 495 till tomorrow to check again. Kind of temporary ratting.
4. I had 90% winrate at lvl 174 with following tactic: blind attack. If you won - repeat attack until lost or rival "is exchausted". If you lost - blind attack next target. In shark pool this tactic results in 40% win rate (198 wins in 500 attacks). That's better that I've expected with 36500A.

BTW are there any explanation why I can't see players with 174-178lvl?

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM

The bracketing schemes are a mystery. There's probably no explanation of that, but definitely check tomorrow when your mafia drops. Try restarting the app a few times and see if you can find those missing mafia levels.

dudeman
10-10-2012, 03:33 PM
2. Mafia varies from ~350 to several thousands. Distribution of visible rivals is surprising for me too: About 80% has 500+ mafia, 15% has 498-499, 5% has 350-490 .

Sounds normal.

3. After dropping mafia to 495 I can't see any significant difference in my rival list. It can be a lag, so I'm going to leave it at 495 till tomorrow to check again. Kind of temporary ratting.

What's the lowest mafia size you can see? You'll have to drop well below that to get out of sight of rivals with full mafias. Dropping 8 mafia won't do much if anything.

4. I had 90% winrate at lvl 174 with following tactic: blind attack. If you won - repeat attack until lost or rival "is exchausted". If you lost - blind attack next target. In shark pool this tactic results in 40% win rate (198 wins in 500 attacks). That's better that I've expected with 36500A.

Better off checking stats first if you are below 50k attack.

Too beat up.

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:35 PM
Too beat up.

That happens? There's players where I hit 'rob', enter their hood, and they're already too beat up to fight at that point D:

Burn
10-10-2012, 03:46 PM
Biggest danger of blind-attacking in Shark Pool is you might hit on someone who then takes it upon themselves to stalk you and make your life miserable. A lot of bored people in Shark Tank just waiting for a new victim to spice things up.

Mob size: Dropping to about 440 is the least you need to do to fall off the radar.

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Biggest danger of blind-attacking in Shark Pool is you might hit on someone who then takes it upon themselves to stalk you and make your life miserable. A lot of bored people in Shark Tank just waiting for a new victim to spice things up.

So 175 is the new cutoff?

nopenopenope
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
If you have to drop mafia you aren't ready for the HL :)

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 04:02 PM
If you have to drop mafia you aren't ready for the HL :)

I don't have to, I never had them to begin with :3

take that!

mxz
10-10-2012, 04:15 PM
Try restarting the app a few times and see if you can find those missing mafia levels.The rivals list is provided directly by the server independently of any client action (apart from the client asking for a refresh). So that won't help.

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 04:22 PM
The rivals list is provided directly by the server independently of any client action (apart from the client asking for a refresh). So that won't help.

Suggesting a restart seems to be the first thing people suggest around here :p

If that doesn't work...sir, you have a major problem.

mxz
10-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Suggesting a restart seems to be the first thing people suggest around here :p

If that doesn't work...sir, you have a major problem.Restarting solves a lot of issues because it does 2 things:
Loads new plists Reloads memory
Most problems are solved by using the new plists. For everything else, there's iTunes gift cards.

isshi
10-11-2012, 01:22 AM
damn burn, when you say stalker.... you talking about me? i only stalk some ck..well maybe not... ok, ok ,
i stalk all of em!!

Burn
10-11-2012, 02:30 AM
you ishh an Animal ;)

badvoc0
10-11-2012, 07:55 AM
@OP

I'm level 192 A/D 37K/45K with 351 mafia.

If I add a few mafia I go up into the silly list, drop a few and come back out.
You need to experiment a bit to find your 'sweet spot' (ooer :o). Once you've got it start stacking ally requests and you can go up and down as much as you like, great for TL rounds.

prostouser
10-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Looks like forum is still frienly and helpful whatever they say. thanks for responses and information.

I have heard about those cold-hearted predators who can **** my building, do VERY BAD THING with myself - nice lil man walking peacefully in the hood. But the worst thing they can do is to write injurious judgements about me and my hood and my life on MY WALL!!! Shame on them.

What's the lowest mafia size you can see? You'll have to drop well below that to get out of sight of rivals with full mafias. Dropping 8 mafia won't do much if anything.

175 lvl, 503 mafia - visible lvls 179(may be 178? but rarely)-200, mafia 351 - several thousands
176 lvl, 495 mafia - visible lvls 178-200, mafia 347 - several thousands
176 lvl, 300 mafia - visible lvls 177-200, mafia 230 - several thousands
looks like to hide from full mafia I have to drop below 350... And probably visibility "down to the lowest mafia" is extended continously when dropping mafia without well defined layers/borders/steps.

Too beat up.

Haven't seen 175-176lvls in rivals list at all. There was a message 2-3 weeks ago on forum that 200 lvl also can find only 178 and higher. May be it was your post
Starting to believe that lvl 175-176 is an ultimate invisible HL zone.
I've stopped all attacks/robs 2 hours ago. Tomorrow i'll start no banking to become sweet and desirable. In a two day no players can find my through their news and revenge. Let's see if this hypothesis is correct.

Can anyone claim that 175-177 lvl are visible? Especially if you are with low mafia or 170-175 lvls.

BTW I'm going to raise my mafia back to 500 and move on to lvl200- sweetest spot for me. My win rate at 300 mafia with blind attack is 10% (31000 Attack). Not interesting at all.

dudeman
10-12-2012, 03:34 PM
People around level 175 can see me on their rival's lists, and I can see down to 176 sometimes. An hour ago I even had people on my list with 300 mafia (I have 500+).

I know people at 175 can see me because I'm being attacked by some of them. They lose, but they still try. I make sure to remind them of what a silly mstake that was by attacking them off my news every chance I get. 

Auxilium
10-13-2012, 05:12 AM
I make sure to remind them of what a silly mstake that was by attacking them off my news every chance I get. 

True gangster :p

dudeman
10-13-2012, 11:40 AM
True gangster :p

If you hit shark territory with <30k stats, you haven't earned the right to blind attack. :cool:

Seriously though, for the past couple days I've been having trouble avoiding players who are below 30k stats. Either I attack blindly off my news and find out the rival had no business attacking me (ie, no chance in hell they could beat me), or I blind attack off the rival's list and after the first hit am forced to decide if I should continue or not.

Winning is fun, but absolutely destroying people who have no chance isn't challenging. I quite enjoy hitting someone and getting them mad enough to hit me back, and then finding a bunch of green news stories.

I'm not sure how this worked exactly, but someone with ~68k stats robbed me the other day and had to use double stamina to get it done. What surprised me about that is that's only maybe 15k less than my real D.

Makes me think my defense buildings did something I never saw them do before. Work! 

Dr. Dengus
10-13-2012, 12:31 PM
If you hit shark territory with <30k stats, you haven't earned the right to blind attack. :cool:

Seriously though, for the past couple days I've been having trouble avoiding players who are below 30k stats. Either I attack blindly off my news and find out the rival had no business attacking me (ie, no chance in hell they could beat me), or I blind attack off the rival's list and after the first hit am forced to decide if I should continue or not.

Winning is fun, but absolutely destroying people who have no chance isn't challenging. I quite enjoy hitting someone and getting them mad enough to hit me back, and then finding a bunch of green news stories.

I'm not sure how this worked exactly, but someone with ~68k stats robbed me the other day and had to use double stamina to get it done. What surprised me about that is that's only maybe 15k less than my real D.

Makes me think my defense buildings did something I never saw them do before. Work! 

OT, but your inbox is full dude.

dudeman
10-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Oopsies! :cool:

Thanks, I guess I've been neglecting my housekeeping duties. :p

The Voice
10-13-2012, 02:46 PM

Mob size: Dropping to about 440 is the least you need to do to fall off the radar.

I did that too. He stalked me for three weeks. Hit me 3 times 10 every day. Even if i had everything banked.
I stopped buying explosives lol...

Coldjoey
10-13-2012, 02:59 PM

There is talk of buildings having there own defence (no idea if this is true) I was happy robbing a German of his level 2 N/C's and other buildings with out any bother no explosives lost , but on his hotel 1st I lose, then I win but lose two napalms then I lose again, then I win and loose more explosives. When I rob his level 1 upscale' I win with no explosives lost.

Side note; if I rob or attack and win then lose as above, I would normally quit (rude and disrespectful to keep at them), but as I said he was German.

dudeman
10-13-2012, 03:11 PM
There is talk of buildings having there own defence (no idea if this is true) I was happy robbing a German of his level 2 N/C's and other buildings with out any bother no explosives lost , but on his hotel 1st I lose, then I win but lose two napalms then I lose again, then I win and loose more explosives. When I rob his level 1 upscale' I win with no explosives lost.

Side note; if I rob or attack and win then lose as above, I would normally quit (rude and disrespectful to keep at them), but as I said he was German.

Lol.

I see what you're saying, but looking at the situation from the victim's side, my 6s and 8s get robbed sometimes. I've accepted that. Weaker players than 68k used to get them pretty easily. I know that just from looking at my news. That's why I was really surprised when I saw a player with attack only ~15k weaker than my true defense having so much difficulty.

My news looked as if their profile attack should have been ~45k. Several losses between wins, few consecutive wins.

Ever since I built all the money buildings I want I have been erecting (snicker) defense buildings like they're going out of style. Looks like it's paying off. I also have a lot more news stories that are single failed robbery attempts.

Little Tony
10-13-2012, 04:57 PM
Dudeman - what were your stats like when you entered the shark pool ? I am curious as to what non-gold players should be aiming for.

LT

dudeman
10-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Dudeman - what were your stats like when you entered the shark pool ? I am curious as to what non-gold players should be aiming for.

LT

That's a difficult question to answer because of how long I've been playing. If I recall correctly, I hit the shark tank at level ~128 and my stats were maybe 35k-40k. I got some gold around that time, but I've been playing with Tapjoy only for several months.

mxz
10-13-2012, 05:19 PM
There is talk of buildings having there own defence (no idea if this is true) It is true.

Little Tony
10-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Perhaps also a difficult question, what would a reasonable attack and defence level be when entering now ? I am around 25 levels away and of course leveled far to quickly having not found the forum early enough. Thanks.

Daniel2115
10-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Perhaps also a difficult question, what would a reasonable attack and defence level be when entering now ? I am around 25 levels away and of course leveled far to quickly having not found the forum early enough. Thanks.

What are your stats like?

dudeman
10-13-2012, 06:46 PM
I'd guess maybe 50k. That seems to be pretty much average right now. There are a tonne of players with stats under 40k which brings down the average a bit, and there are a lot of players with stats above 70k. And obviously there will be the big spenders with big stats.

Just collect on time, don't tag news or walls you shouldn't be tagging, and you have nothing to worry about.

Even if you're worried about stats, your "record" is fully in your control. You can be attacked and lose 120 times per day. Sometimes it glitches and you could get another 10 or 20 here and there, but rule of thumb, 120/day. Assuming no bonuses, 3min/1stamina, equals 20stamia/1hour. If you want to keep a good fight win/loss record, just attack and win 40 times every two hours. If you even get attacked at all, you lose max 10 fights. Easy 4:1 win ratio.

You can still rob people and keep a good record too, just do it efficiently. Don't rob someone if you win/lose/win/lose all the time. Wins only! And don't go around looking to rob people. Check stats as necessary while doing PvP, and if you find something nice to rob it's a bonus.

Of course, all that goes out the window depending on play style or if you just don't care. That's how I tend to play though. Losses cost me nothing and there are plenty of targets for me to hit. When I get robbed I just rob it back from other rivals, when I lose ten fights I beat up ten rivals. Okay, maybe not ten every time, but I just passed 125k wins today with only 5555 losses.

You don't need to be superman, you just need to find your place.

nopenopenope
10-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Find your place *****es!

Little Tony
10-13-2012, 10:39 PM
What are your stats like?

Daniel - approx. 40K attack and 42K defence

The Hydra
10-13-2012, 11:36 PM

Yes, please, attack me! Just leave me a link. I will destroy you.

Dhusagar
10-14-2012, 12:25 AM
By the time I hit shark territory, I want to be a shark-not chum! So I am taking it slow and steady. I am also not too bothered by raw stats - I concentrate on their inventory.

Ragmondino
10-14-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm in the high 50ks now attack and defence and I'm just above average. There's plenty higher than me, but most of them have there own wars to concentrate on, and there's plenty for me to attack. Some never bother to retaliate, like Lupo so feel free to hit him as much as you wish.

Lupo
10-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I'm in the high 50ks now attack and defence and I'm just above average. There's plenty higher than me, but most of them have there own wars to concentrate on, and there's plenty for me to attack. Some never bother to retaliate, like Lupo so feel free to hit him as much as you wish.

This is the best joke I heard so far, thx R, btw it works , few of them attk me...:p

Little Tony
10-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Sounds legit.

Ragmondino
10-14-2012, 12:22 PM
This is the best joke I heard so far, thx R, btw it works , few of them attk me...:p

Haha I know. You know I love you really Lupo..
True story

Lupo
10-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Haha I know. You know I love you really Lupo..
True story

If you miss me, I can visit you for time to time...:p

Ragmondino
10-14-2012, 01:36 PM
If you miss me, I can visit you for time to time...:p

As long as its only time to time that'd be nice, make me feel special. And by time to time I don't mean every half hour!!

Vito Corleone
10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
My stats are way way off any 50k. Ok I'm at level 116 at the moment but still I have better stats then 99.5% at least of the players I encounter. At least if you count per mafia member. The ones I encounter with better stats than me are usually in a gang. So all these other 99.5% must also reach the "Shark Tank" at some point.

Ragmondino
10-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Or quit before they get there. There's a much smaller group of players up here than the other levels.

Vito Corleone
10-15-2012, 01:49 AM
Perhaps not all Android users have reached those levels yet?

isshi
10-15-2012, 02:01 AM
Do not blind attack... This is what u could hit..

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/trevlinda/75ee6394c7c04337c0af605b858762b1_zps9735c76b.jpg

Luckily I am a kind person. A lot are not and will hammer your hood..TRUE STORY

Dhusagar
10-15-2012, 02:44 AM

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/trevlinda/75ee6394c7c04337c0af605b858762b1_zps9735c76b.jpg

Is that Bob Marley, or a whale...er?

SiennaSharpe
10-15-2012, 05:41 AM
My stats are way way off any 50k. Ok I'm at level 116 at the moment but still I have better stats then 99.5% at least of the players I encounter. At least if you count per mafia member. The ones I encounter with better stats than me are usually in a gang. So all these other 99.5% must also reach the "Shark Tank" at some point.
In-game, are you Vito Corleone or just Vito?

Ragmondino
10-15-2012, 06:43 AM

This may or may NOT be a true story

Jtstar7439
10-15-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm looking forward to some parts of the shark tank, more challenges from other players, better hoods to rob, seeing some of the famous forum posters lol. However I'm not looking forward to getting annihilated by some of the higher stat players. I'm at 160 with low 70k stats and haven't been robbed in days which will end the moment i hit the shark tank. While I keep my 12/24/48 buildings synced so they don't get hit, it's been nice waking up with my 6/8 buildings not robbed :p

isshi
10-15-2012, 08:48 AM
did i forget to say i am a stalker? and ragi is back on the list :).. seriously its just a game.. win some lose some. a lot of users get worried and even get abusive about being robbed or beaten up.. i think why!! some even hide in the lower levels, just ask most of the ck leaders.. they are a laughing stock. um this last comment will get me some abuse im sure.

Jtstar7439
10-15-2012, 09:27 AM
did i forget to say i am a stalker? and ragi is back on the list :).. seriously its just a game.. win some lose some. a lot of users get worried and even get abusive about being robbed or beaten up.. i think why!! some even hide in the lower levels, just ask most of the ck leaders.. they are a laughing stock. um this last comment will get me some abuse im sure.

With a 345k attack I'm gonna guess you give out more abuse in game then you take lol.

Ragmondino
10-15-2012, 09:37 AM

I'm gonna take it your joking about me being back on the list. Otherwise I'm gonna bring you a whole world of pain!!!

Vito Corleone
10-15-2012, 11:28 AM
How much gold do you have to spend to get like 70k stats?

Ragmondino
10-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Not to much. I've spent maybe £400 and am on 59k now. And to be honest half of that was before i found the forum and was wasted. If you wait until the good crates come out you could have it for what I spent quite easily. Use it on them and boss events, not the current style event.

Vito Corleone
10-15-2012, 12:32 PM
So how much do your stats increase if you buy a "good" 175 gold crate?

Ragmondino
10-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Depends what they are now. I wouldn't buy these crates but if the better ones te appear a rare can improve me anything up to about 200 per crate. And it's three crates for 175. You'd have to be extremely lucky to get three rates though.

Vito Corleone
10-15-2012, 01:10 PM
How many items do you get from 1 crate? Since there are these rare, uncommon and common percentages.

Daniel2115
10-15-2012, 01:26 PM
How many items do you get from 1 crate? Since there are these rare, uncommon and common percentages.

You get 1 item per crate, the percentages are the chance you have to get one. So you have a 5% chance at getting a rare, 25% uncommon and 70% for common. Idk what the exact percentages are but that's just an example

prostouser
10-15-2012, 01:42 PM
Just before moving on: staying at 176lvl with no attacking/robbing and keeping about 100 000$ not banked for 3 days resulted in:
1st day - attacks each 2 hour by ~8 different players
2nd day - attacks each 2 hour by 2 different players, both are level 200 with 500+ mafia
3rd day (strong belief that today nobody can revenge me, only find on rivals list) - attack 9 hours ago by lvl 176 with 503 mafia, and 30 minutes ago by lvl 174 with 322 mafia.

Conclusion: lvls 175,176 (probably 177) belong to shark pool now, but they hardly can be found on rival list and probably only by other 174-176lvls. You can run but you can't hide :) No reason to stay at 176 lvl any longer

Vito Corleone
10-15-2012, 10:47 PM
For £400 you get like 10 vaults of gold? That would be 15k gold and if you buy 175 gold crates you would get like 85 of them. And if each crate would give you 200 in average that would be an increase of 17k of your stats. But getting 200 in average per crate seems much...even for the previous ammo crates.

Ragmondino
10-16-2012, 01:54 AM
200 is the best with a rare item, some of the commons don't improve my stats at all. It completely depends on your luck. If you spend £500 in one go you get the gold bonus so that's even more gold. Mine wasn't all spent on crates though. Including sale buys I've bought maybe 7 vaults total. The rares drop more remember. basically on lower stats use the rule of thumb 1000 increase per vault you should aim for at least.
I never did make the best use of my gold so you may be better asking someone like Isshi who's stats increased a massive amount quite quickly. He would have better advice than me.

The Hydra
10-24-2012, 11:49 PM
some even hide in the lower levels, just ask most of the ck leaders.. they are a laughing stock.

Who are they? I want a list of names and levels. I love easy money.