PDA

View Full Version : Info from CCM on boost units

Alaska Ken
10-09-2012, 07:18 PM
So, let's square some things away. We can consider these items to have basically 2 functions, broken down 3 ways:

Function 1 is the stat boost they provide.
Function 2 is the bonus they provide to other units.

Way 1 is the bonuses and boost showing up on your profile.
Way 2 is the bonuses working in PVP.
Way 3 is the bonuses working on bosses.

So, to put it plainly, the stats for the unit show up but the bonuses don't. The stats and bonus work for PVP. The bonuses do not work on bosses right now, but are being fixed. The stats of the unit do work on bosses.

Now, there is another issue at hand here that is causing some perception issues that I can't really elaborate on at this time, but we're looking into it. I have another meeting with the PM team next week where I'll be bringing this up.

That's all of the information I can give out at this time.

Figured this should have its own thread.

albeezy
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Ranger4life perhaps quote the test results you did for pvp here? Then someone can go over everything about this thread at the NYCC meetup?

Ferr
10-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Thx Ken, good idea to have this on new thread. My response on other thread:

Yeah, i wish ccm had declared this before last weekend. Would have saved me a lot of testing hours. The perception issue ccm is talking about refers to the adagium perception=reality. Meaning that if the majority of the players perceive that the boosts are not working then it is not relevant anymore wether the boosts work or not. The perception of the players make it reality as such. That as such hurts the game already. The problem here is that gree now has a confirmed record of not telling the truth when they have said for months to thousands of players that the boosts work invisibly. Only under pressure by players testing results on boss, ccm had to tell the truth. Players however can not test the pvp attacks and gree knows this. So why should players trust gree on telling that the boosts do work invisibly in pvp if we know they are capable of not telling the truth.
It is exactly for this reason that there is only one solution and that is that they should prove that the boosts are working one way or the other. In other words MAKE THEM VISIBLE.
Yours
Ferr

Ranger4Life
10-10-2012, 05:06 AM
I tested this very easily. Before I received the item I would attack the same three players so I could get a base as to how many battle points I was receiving for each.

Then I received the bonus and attacked the same people, but my battle points did not change. With the 20% air bonus my total attack would raise by 2,797.8 based on the units I bring in to battle. I then added allies to add an additional 2,568 attack and then I attacked these same players. ALL THREE PLAYERS YIELDED BETWEEN 10-12 LESS BATTLE POINTS!

These tests CLEARLY show that this boost ISN'T WORKING. I don't like being lied to, and much less TWICE. ONCE BY SAYING I WILL RECEIVE A BOOST AND THEN ANOTHER SAYING THAT THIS BOOST IS WORKING.

Here it is Albeezy.

Ferr
10-10-2012, 06:04 AM
Here it is Albeezy.
If this is true guys, we are dealing with the worst of the worst. We can all do this test, or a similar one, when new unit is being dispatched to you. Attack pvp before you have the unit and immediately after just like ranger did. Make screenshots and make those public.
i dont know but this is getting worse and worse.......

Q Raider
10-10-2012, 03:48 PM
I have just done some calculations on my HLP damage in relation to the previous Elite event.

Aside from the known aspect of the special units not being operational the damage calculation indicates that there was no country boost applied (Russia: 10% for Air Units).

On one level I can understand this as it would be seen as providing a "level" playing field for all players (IE Playing as U.S. or IRAN would be a disadvanatage)....But....

IRAN with the faster energy recovery has effectively had an advantage in every box/crate event and to some extent the U.S. in the later stages when there are more event items in the PVP arena. The U.S. would also have been advantaged during the Elite Commander tournament.

I also had a look at the loot tracking thread and have noticed a significant anomally between players who though at similar levels actually face bosses up to 30% stronger. The one with the lower defeat requirements being the higher level Gold spender.

If you read this CCM could you please indicate if the different types of units available (GOLD, EVENT, LOOT, VALOR, CASH) are treated identically when it comes to determining the value of a player's attack strength in the Elite events?

Crime City Mark
10-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Thx Ken, good idea to have this on new thread. My response on other thread:

The perception issue ccm is talking about refers to the adagium perception=reality. Meaning that if the majority of the players perceive that the boosts are not working then it is not relevant anymore wether the boosts work or not.

No, it's not. I was talking about something entirely different, that I can't discuss.

Ferr
10-10-2012, 05:17 PM
No, it's not. I was talking about something entirely different, that I can't discuss.
Well, i cant think of any other perception issues but why should one lie about this indeed. I ll take the leaderboard price and test the next boost........

Alaska Ken
10-10-2012, 08:00 PM

My bad, I thought you were talking about the boost units not working correctly. By correctly I mean against other players and on boss events, that is why I spent money to buy gold to get the unit. Can I ask, you can't discuss it because you don't have an answer or they are working on a fix and don't have it perfected yet? Thank you in advance for any information you can provide.