PDA

View Full Version : Idea to Reduce # of Trolls

Paulio
10-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Part of the reason we have so many troll accounts, is because it's too easy to create new and multiple forum accounts. Here's an idea to reduce the number of troll accounts:

Instead of having the ability to create a forum account via the forum, make it to where you can only create a new account via the in-game "Contact Support" feature. Support can then reply with a temporary password to sign up for the forum. Anyone who has used this feature knows that the email will capture the Player ID and UDID. So, if someone is trying to create multiple forum identities, then support will find out pretty quickly and will stop issuing passwords.

Thoughts?

Ghost818
10-09-2012, 04:07 PM
This is a possible measure but there are ways around this the people that cheat and come back use UDID fakers, people also have more than one CC game which gives the opportunity to have more than one Forum account.

mxz
10-09-2012, 04:15 PM
You also don't want to discourage legitimate users from joining by making it too hard. If we turn away 1 legitimate new player to cut down 100 trolls it isn't worth it.

A couple active mods would easily do the trick.

Paulio
10-09-2012, 04:17 PM
@Ghost - Yeah, I thought of that. But I don't think most trolls would go through all that trouble.

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Isn't it possible to only allow one forum account per IP? Proxies can be used, but a site I used to mod for could somehow see through proxies.. Would block 20-50 people a day trying to create new accounts because they were banned. The log would get really heavy if you didn't delete it every couple hours or so, but other than that it was all automated.

If people need to change their name for a legitimate reason, it can easily be done through the modcp, and if it's a legitimate reason, it should be able to be done. You can change your in-game name upon request, I don't see this as being out of the realm of possibility.

Of course, it wouldn't eliminate them, but I think it could reduce the numbers by a good bit. It makes them jump through more hoops than some would be willing to, I'm sure.

Also, more attention by staff would effectively reduce it.. I'm sure there's a log showing who creates multiple accounts per IP; multiple BB types we went through all had it. They just need to look into it more frequently, if it exists here..

jobadass
10-09-2012, 04:30 PM
how about utilizing Google Earth instead of an IP Address? We could then just go to a troll's parents' basement and beat him like his folks should have.
I still keep pushing for a "block" feature, and a legit community mod would be great. JC just took time off because of trolls...I think he'd do a fine job.

Sasha54
10-09-2012, 05:12 PM
how about utilizing Google Earth instead of an IP Address? We could then just go to a troll's parents' basement and beat him like his folks should have.
I still keep pushing for a "block" feature, and a legit community mod would be great. JC just took time off because of trolls...I think he'd do a fine job.

Great idea.........except I don't want to be the one to have to go down to the swamps to get trailer boy ( aka Joaquim )..
Lol

jobadass
10-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Great idea.........except I don't want to be the one to have to go down to the swamps to get trailer boy ( aka Joaquim )..
LolLMAO! Yes you do!

Dipstik
10-09-2012, 05:22 PM
I think this is an incredibly bigoted post. Trolls have feelings too, and you're talking about genocide! Today it's restrictions on new accounts, then you'll be wanting us to register with some kind of agency. What then? Scarlet "T" in all our avatars?

Save the trolls!

Ragmondino
10-09-2012, 05:24 PM
I think there's a difference between you and the other idiots though. Some trolling can be funny. The level this has got to is beyond that and is just nasty and vindictive. It's finishing the forum

kitzune
10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Well you need to make sure what ever method is chosen someone can come on here to check the game out before signing up/playing the game.

PawnXIIX
10-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Isn't it possible to only allow one forum account per IP? Proxies can be used, but a site I used to mod for could somehow see through proxies.. Would block 20-50 people a day trying to create new accounts because they were banned. The log would get really heavy if you didn't delete it every couple hours or so, but other than that it was all automated.

Just block all proxy traffic period. Honestly how many people here use a proxy to get on the Gree forums?

Dr. Dengus
10-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Long term plan that has nothing to do w/ GREE: Mandatory vasectomies based on IQ test results ... kidding, kind of.

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Just block all proxy traffic period. Honestly how many people here use a proxy to get on the Gree forums?

Only people from N. Korea afaik :p Probably nobody really, since you are free to make as many accounts as you like on the same IP.. But, if that were to change, I'm sure you'd see some pop up.

mnju_03
10-09-2012, 07:23 PM
If we could just cane one troll publicly maybe the rest will get the hint...

PawnXIIX
10-09-2012, 07:55 PM
If we could just cane one troll publicly maybe the rest will get the hint...

You seem to imply we have more than one :p

mnju_03
10-09-2012, 08:26 PM
It has to be a team at the least... Has to be!

Stock Slayer
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Whatever happened to "er"? He took a couple looks and ran.

Ghost818
10-09-2012, 09:09 PM
It has to be a team at the least... Has to be!
I've been saying this like forever.

Polarbear
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Gimme a ban hammer and you have your solution! ;)

PawnXIIX
10-09-2012, 09:30 PM
I've been saying this like forever.

http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/coincidence-or-conspiracy-coincidence-conspiracy-cop-donut-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

Ghost818
10-09-2012, 09:49 PM
http://bestdemotivationalposters.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/coincidence-or-conspiracy-coincidence-conspiracy-cop-donut-best-demotivational-posters.jpg

There is no other explanation, it's like they feed of eachother and they all come back at the same time, and ONE person can't pull it off alone.

TruthHurts
10-09-2012, 09:52 PM
I agree that you should only be able to create one account, through the support that utilizes your ingame name and udid. Would definitely reduce the number of trolls. Good post Paulio. Hopefully we can get the mods to enact our suggestions.

PawnXIIX
10-09-2012, 09:53 PM
There is no other explanation, it's like they feed of eachother and they all come back at the same time, and ONE person can't pull it off alone.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m98kahhaWv1re1icto2_400.jpg

Dhusagar
10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
I agree that you should only be able to create one account, through the support that utilizes your ingame name and udid. Would definitely reduce the number of trolls. Good post Paulio. Hopefully we can get the mods to enact our suggestions.

I suggested this yesterday in the RIP thread. Won't stop the determined troll, but will thin the herd.

I also don't agree with unpaid mods - they tend to have power issues. At least paid mods have to follow their contractual obligations. They could be paid by in-game gold, which costs Gree nothing to produce.

Jian Carlo
10-10-2012, 12:43 AM
You also don't want to discourage legitimate users from joining by making it too hard. If we turn away 1 legitimate new player to cut down 100 trolls it isn't worth it.

A couple active mods would easily do the trick.

The problem is new members won't stay too long with all the crap that appears day after day on the forum.

Good suggestion Paulio support it 100%

Kissnight
10-10-2012, 02:47 AM
Well, pointless. basically there are over 90% CC players not in this forum and they just treat the game simply as a game. (Download it, open it, drag it to the game file and forget it.)

Coldjoey
10-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Gimme a ban hammer and you have your solution! ;)
Like the idea, but would any one be safe? Lupo's account would be first gone, then anyone else who disagreed with you, CCM, kitten .......
.......More I think of yes you may have the hammer.

Burn
10-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Irony is, Gree (and every other corporate in the world) get all pumped about Twitter, where the whole premise is to get closer to, and interact with, your customers - but they have that right here.

Twitter sucks. Sort the Forum out properly, and then promote it more with in-game screens, and you've got all the 'Social' leverage you need.

WestLondon
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
"Idea to reduce the amount of trolls"

Ban burns IP address at his drum in lewisham

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Irony is, Gree (and every other corporate in the world) get all pumped about Twitter, where the whole premise is to get closer to, and interact with, your customers - but they have that right here.

Twitter sucks. Sort the Forum out properly, and then promote it more with in-game screens, and you've got all the 'Social' leverage you need.

And honestly devs, if you have so much trouble keep peoples' prying eyes away from your unreleased content...don't put it in there ;)

Sorry but i'm a nosy little guy :3 And please no twitter...I tried as hard as I could to stay away from this social media tool. #usingthebathroom

WestLondon
10-10-2012, 03:10 PM
And honestly devs, if you have so much trouble keep peoples' prying eyes away from your unreleased content...don't put it in there ;)

Sorry but i'm a nosy little guy :3 And please no twitter...I tried as hard as I could to stay away from this social media tool. #usingthebathroom

I have a jail broken device and knew about this content already but didn't feel the need to brag about about it like I'm special on the forum (burn)

Burn
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
"Idea to reduce the amount of trolls"

Ban burns IP address at his drum in lewisham

You'd be a lot less angry if your team weren't an absolute certainty for relegation and then bankruptcy ;)

Snap out of your 80's hooly time warp little bad man. You missed the boat son, can't reinvent an era just because you've watched Football Factory once too often. All the Tachinni tracksuits in the world won't change that my little love.

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:16 PM
I have a jail broken device and knew about this content already but didn't feel the need to brag about about it like I'm special on the forum (burn)

Haha. I just want people to realize I pay a lot of attention to what the devs do in order to answer questions and help the forums grow with more accurate information.

I noticed there were 2 new areas defined on September 27, by October 2nd they had added more information on them hence the realization they were coming.

WestLondon
10-10-2012, 03:25 PM
You'd be a lot less angry if your team weren't an absolute certainty for relegation and then bankruptcy ;)

Snap out of your 80's hooly time warp little bad man. You missed the boat son, can't reinvent an era just because you've watched Football Factory once too often. All the Tachinni tracksuits in the world won't change that my little love.

Oh dear you have no idea of terace culture judging by those names you mentioned and no doubt your one of west hams many scarfers. End of the day anyone with knowledge of this would know Its what's you spend up west not what you pick up in beckton tk max.

Your jealous, you live in a council block in lewisham watching on towards canary wharf tower whilst the likes of myself are drinking don and earning money you could only dream of..

TonySpaghetti
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Your jealous, you live in a council block in lewisham watching on towards canary wharf tower whilst the likes of myself are drinking don and earning money you could only dream of..

What is "don???"

kitzune
10-10-2012, 03:30 PM

sort and better search definitely. As an example if I'm in crime city IOS General forum chances are I'm not looking for modern warfare or crime city on facebook or google+ information.

Burn
10-10-2012, 03:30 PM
http://tazziedevil.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/8-28-09-fish-hooked.jpg

WestLondon
10-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Also FYI burn before you start larging it I'm subject of a 2 year banning order from home games hence why I wasn't at the game you melts fluked, I was however at the British queen and quite enjoyed chasing your lot down the goldhawk road after you belted darts at us,

Was you scarfers using the Olympics as cover and training with the Jamaican sprinters?

Burn
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
sort and better search definitely. As an example if I'm in crime city IOS General forum chances are I'm not looking for modern warfare or crime city on facebook or google+ information.

The earlier idea about tieing game code into forum account is a winner, sorts out the troll problem, and allows Gree to really focus on the Forum as a viable and thriving hime for both social and support. Won't happen, forums lack the fashion status of Twitter.

Coldjoey
10-10-2012, 03:54 PM
What is "don???"
Don perion, expensive Champaign, taste like horse pi$$ but Chavs love to think they are some one if they say drink it.
What's a Chav? Boy from the hood that thinks he done good because he can afford tattoos and bling with his Giro (welfare payment)

See, this is what the forum was meant for, to educated and help other players

PawnXIIX
10-10-2012, 03:59 PM
We should take all of the trolls...

...and PUSH them somewhere else!

TonySpaghetti
10-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Don perion, expensive Champaign, taste like horse pi$$ but Chavs love to think they are some one if they say drink it.
What's a Chav? Boy from the hood that thinks he done good because he can afford tattoos and bling with his Giro (welfare payment)

See, this is what the forum was meant for, to educated and help other players

Educate indeed! Here's your education for the day, free of charge. Its DOM PERIGNON, not "Don."

Dravak
10-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh dear you have no idea of terace culture judging by those names you mentioned and no doubt your one of west hams many scarfers. End of the day anyone with knowledge of this would know Its what's you spend up west not what you pick up in beckton tk max.

Hahha Hysterical , typical you do know there are no real london people in london anymore ...
So much for pretending to be somebody you are not !

I love these lies , infact how is wishing you could afford the good life , when am paying 600£ dinners with a smile .
You couldn't even afford it , cause you live there and desperatly try to make mincemeat with a small 4x4

It so easy to catch trolls nowadays it is too easy , especially people sprouting nonesense .
work harder before you smack talk somebody else , or care to proof it kboy ?
lies are all nice and well and pretending to be somebody you are not , even more obvious .
The truely rich never flaunt how good they have , only the poor does ;)

So middle man getting tired of working your butt off the rest of your life , your problem deal with it .

Crime City Mark
10-10-2012, 04:50 PM
This has gone far off topic.