PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Gree!!! - Insert Slow Clap Here -> ____________________

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Thank you Gree for reminding me what an IDIOT I am...

There I was - about 16 hours left in the event and I was on pendant 8. I thought to myself... everyone had awesome luck getting to pendant 10 - hell one guy has 19 of them! I REALLY want the loaded dice...

I've spend maybe 100 bucks so far on the game - I figured I'll spend another 50 maybe have a couple hundred gold bars leftover...

I'm down to 80 gold bars (actually 40 cause I accidentally tapped the recharge energy twice...)

I'm still on item 8... fml... 570 gold spent on this event and it got me NOTHING...

Thank you gree... you deserve a standing ovation... and I deserve to be shot...

Dipstik
10-09-2012, 07:38 AM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110525062141/uncyclopedia/images/8/8a/You-must-be-new-here.jpg

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 07:40 AM
I actually felt good about this one...

I'm a complete idiot... never spending money on gold again...

Intrance
10-09-2012, 07:47 AM
Yea I would not spend on box event anymore. I blew too much on it for too little as well. Boss events tho is more predictable. 20-30 gold it worth getting another boss or two

Edit: oh wait you're probably on android? NVM then my bad...

AK-47
10-09-2012, 07:52 AM
same problem here...kitteh. 3.5 days left on the timer when i got #8. Since then I have successfully opened 7 or 8... only to find no gems

Dravak
10-09-2012, 07:53 AM
Kitteh reading drama is fun ;) but not good for educational purpose about events .

The 10 event work like this totally random , if you are slated for the item you will get it .
If you are not slated for the item , it doesn't matter if you throw 10k gold at it ... you won't get it .

only way if you want a item is to go pure gold first day ... don't stop till you get it .
but welcome to crime city ;) less drama more reading .

tassychris
10-09-2012, 07:55 AM
LOL good old Gree the first eight came for me very quickly. I suspect that they realised that too many of us would have nothing to do very early into this round and just decided that they should slow down the drop rate for our own good. There just looking after the interest of us the players. Nothing more nothing less.

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 07:55 AM
same problem here...kitteh. 3.5 days left on the timer when i got #8. Since then I have successfully opened 7 or 8... only to find no gems

I was stuck on 8 and opened about 23 boxes... now I have 40gold left, no safes... and I can't find safes ANYWHERE...

I figured maybe things were turning around for android players so I figured spending a little gold would be a good thing...

wrong... wrong... wrong... wrong...

Oh well... lesson learned... there is no reason to spend money on this game... none whatsoever...

AK-47
10-09-2012, 07:59 AM
I was stuck on 8 and opened about 23 boxes... now I have 40gold left, no safes... and I can't find safes ANYWHERE...
I figured maybe things were turning around for android players so I figured spending a little gold would be a good thing...
wrong... wrong... wrong... wrong...
Oh well... lesson learned... there is no reason to spend money on this game... none whatsoever...
Just seems very strange that some people were getting #10 on the 2nd/3rd day, and it sure seems like they turned a switch off for me at the 3.5 day left mark. I went from getting a bunch of good opens, all cash option, to going like 7 of 40ish with no gems... crazy stuff I tell ya

and yea, I feel taken a little bit, but luckily for me the only gold i used i got for free. I am still trying my hardest to be a tapjoy/free player

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 08:01 AM
I agree 10000%... I was exited to see everyone getting the item for free... that's why I figured I'd through some money there way... seemed like I had it in the bag...

Clearly I'm stupid though... jokes on me...

AK-47
10-09-2012, 08:03 AM
I agree 10000%... I was exited to see everyone getting the item for free... that's why I figured I'd through some money there way... seemed like I had it in the bag...
Clearly I'm stupid though... jokes on me...
Jokes on all android players is more like it:cool:

I just tell myself its only a video game, and **** happens lol

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 08:05 AM
Jokes on all android players is more like it:cool:

I just tell myself its only a video game, and **** happens lol

Yeah but ANY video game where you spend 150 bucks you are going to have something to show for it...

I could rule WOW with 150bucks...

AK-47
10-09-2012, 08:07 AM
Yeah but ANY video game where you spend 150 bucks you are going to have something to show for it...

I could rule WOW with 150bucks...

haha true true... 150 gets u a whole year+ of play time in WoW, I think. Unless they changed prices since I stopped playing

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 08:09 AM
haha true true... 150 gets u a whole year+ of play time in WoW, I think. Unless they changed prices since I stopped playing

Well what I was getting at is you can buy a fully loaded account with 150bucks...

AK-47
10-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Well what I was getting at is you can buy a fully loaded account with 150bucks...
AHHHH Yes yes I see, that too. lol I been up all night opening crap lock boxes and watching Bleach, I'm tired and want pancakes...

Sandukan
10-09-2012, 08:17 AM
I think they turned off the spigot as well.

I have been sitting at 9 for the past 3 days. I wont even say how many I opened but I am now the proud owner of about 16 enhanced bikes, 16 colonel armored vests and 22 EU security batons and a bunch of useless cash.

tassychris
10-09-2012, 08:18 AM
If your after more crap crates to open the red cascade in the red light district is still handing them out in droves. I have 67 left having luckily reached the 10 very early in this round. But yes the last 2 took a while. Guess they got upset with complaing android uses in the forum and changed the drop rate.

tassychris
10-09-2012, 08:25 AM
The red cascade is the only thing I attack now as its the only loot that works for android players. Im the proud owner of over a hundred empire city buses.

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Kitteh -

The drop rate on the "collectible item" decreases as the days pass in the event. Your best chance of winning one of these occurs with first 6-8 hours after the event pops. It typically requires many gold energy refills to farm boxes and gold timer resets with gold opens. Can get a little pricey and its still not a guarantee. If you want more details search the sticky threads in MW forum for McDoc's method. I have used it three times and was able to win (in MW). Some people have but I was never able to win with free or in-game cash option. Good Luck to all!

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Kitteh -

The drop rate on the "collectible item" decreases as the days pass in the event. Your best chance of winning one of these occurs with first 6-8 hours after the event pops. It typically requires many gold energy refills to farm boxes and gold timer resets with gold opens. Can get a little pricey and its still not a guarantee. If you want more details search the sticky threads in MW forum for McDoc's method. I have used it three times and was able to win (in MW). Some people have but I was never able to win with free or in-game cash option. Good Luck to all!

Well most events I get my boxes from PVP - but because this is an exclusive android event you have NO idea who's on android and who has safes or w/e... which is stupid...

I have over 100 stamina and I hit like 13 people... I have to hit about 60 players to find an android user... and then I clean him out... usually get 5 or 6 safes...

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 08:53 AM
Well most events I get my boxes from PVP - but because this is an exclusive android event you have NO idea who's on android and who has safes or w/e... which is stupid...

I have over 100 stamina and I hit like 13 people... I have to hit about 60 players to find an android user... and then I clean him out... usually get 5 or 6 safes...

I can see how an android exclusive would make it more difficult to locate boxes doing PVP. I just wanted to direct everyone to a pretty sound (but not guaranteed) method in case they wanted to try it in future events.

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Wish I could give you a couple of mine, I got up too 16 in this event somehow.

Nice! I'm jealous :P

I didn't even get 9!!! I DIDN'T GET MY NINTH ******* ITEM!!! THAT pisses me off the most...

At least give me the 9....

Walter
10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
My advice: use gold to reset the timer, use cash to open boxes. I've gotten 10+ in both events, no gold spent, but when doing these the first time on IOS, was ALWAYS getting stuck at 8 or 9. I was broke on IOS, but my Android account has $30 million plus banked. On IOS, I was opening every hour on the hour. On Droid, I've been opening constantly during the day, but at random times. I wonder if either of those have anything to do with it.

EDIT: I'm REALLY interested to see what happens when they introduce the Emerald Burner event (free bank deposits) to Android. Almost NOBODY got that one on IOS.

String-Girl
10-09-2012, 09:37 AM
I used a reset/crowbar combo right at the wire last event and got a EU Police Baton! I don't know if this was just because it was at the very end and all the Level 10 prizes were already given out, but I won't do that again...

Maybe the idea is to get 9 w/ in-game cash (2 and a half days ago!) and then immediately start using gold to get the tenth, but this is the third event where I had 9 for a looong time.

Faufiffon
My advice to you sexkitteh: just quit this game completely. That's exactly what I'm going to do if I don't get a 10th gemstone (2h30 left). Simple solution.

How do so many players put up with that bull****? Spending 2 or 3 times the price of a blockbuster game to get nothing in return? Wow...

sexkitteh
My advice: use gold to reset the timer, use cash to open boxes. I've gotten 10+ in both events, no gold spent, but when doing these the first time on IOS, was ALWAYS getting stuck at 8 or 9. I was broke on IOS, but my Android account has $30 million plus banked. On IOS, I was opening every hour on the hour. On Droid, I've been opening constantly during the day, but at random times. I wonder if either of those have anything to do with it.

EDIT: I'm REALLY interested to see what happens when they introduce the Emerald Burner event (free bank deposits) to Android. Almost NOBODY got that one on IOS.

I'll cry... maybe shoot somebody...

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I used a reset/crowbar combo right at the wire last event and got a EU Police Baton! I don't know if this was just because it was at the very end and all the Level 10 prizes were already given out, but I won't do that again...

Maybe the idea is to get 9 w/ in-game cash (2 and a half days ago!) and then immediately start using gold to get the tenth, but this is the third event where I had 9 for a looong time.

That was the plan - but with 1 day left and stuck on 8 - I figured I might as well shoot for 9 and hope for 10...

still stuck at 8...

len
10-09-2012, 09:39 AM
I broke down and spent $10, got nothing. F it, no more gold for you.

KemoKidd
10-09-2012, 09:44 AM

I bet that really pissed people off! I have 0 bank fees from the Android top 10/100 event. Probably better because with a leaderboard you knew where you were in getting the prize. The events I spent the most on were the ones with the lower upgrade times and the 0 bank fees. Are there any modifiers better than those?

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 09:50 AM
I bet that really pissed people off! I have 0 bank fees from the Android top 10/100 event. Probably better because with a leaderboard you knew where you were in getting the prize. The events I spent the most on were the ones with the lower upgrade times and the 0 bank fees. Are there any modifiers better than those?

plus 100 or any plus to attack skill points... imo are very good

TruthHurts
10-09-2012, 10:12 AM

There I was - about 16 hours left in the event and I was on pendant 8. I thought to myself... everyone had awesome luck getting to pendant 10 - hell one guy has 19 of them! I REALLY want the loaded dice...

I've spend maybe 100 bucks so far on the game - I figured I'll spend another 50 maybe have a couple hundred gold bars leftover...

I'm down to 80 gold bars (actually 40 cause I accidentally tapped the recharge energy twice...)

I'm still on item 8... fml... 570 gold spent on this event and it got me NOTHING...

Do you smell smoke? Because you got burnt!

sexkitteh
10-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Do you smell smoke? Because you got burnt!

that I did!

And worst part about it is I'm still stuck at 8 with 0 crates.... and like 1hour left...

chbranch
10-09-2012, 10:53 AM
that I did!

And worst part about it is I'm still stuck at 8 with 0 crates.... and like 1hour left...

I've been stuck on 9 for the past 2 days. The last 10/10 event on android only I was stuck on 9 for 3 days. Never got to ten. One easy way to get safes from pvp is to look for people who have the ripper blade in their melee inventory. Its just a quick glance to locate a weapon with stats 125/105, because it stands out and is usually the last weapon in the inventory. Hit them over and over(I wrote seven names down) and get safes. I'm not going to spend gold. Spent gold on a joint android/ios event and got 10 consecutive $10,000 prizes for 150 gold. Absolute slap in the face. Never again.

Vile Lynn
10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Try getting as many as you can & GOOD LUCK!!!

As an explosive-lover, I wanted those Dice sooooo badly when iOS ran that event, but failed... at the time, the dice & maybe 2 other explosives were the only non-consumables & I wasn't spending gold to buy those stats.

If you can do OT, do it!

Also, I am not 100% convinced that the open rate drops throughout the event (I'll email support to confirm), but it does drop with the number of items opened... Iow, for example: box #9 has the same open rate on day 1 as it does on the last day of the event, and box #9 has an open rate higher than #10 & less than #8... make sense? Good luck anyway!

BigD@wg
10-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Try getting as many as you can & GOOD LUCK!!!

As an explosive-lover, I wanted those Dice sooooo badly when iOS ran that event, but failed... at the time, the dice & maybe 2 other explosives were the only non-consumables & I wasn't spending gold to buy those stats.

If you can do OT, do it!

Also, I am not 100% convinced that the open rate drops throughout the event (I'll email support to confirm), but it does drop with the number of items opened... Iow, for example: box #9 has the same open rate on day 1 as it does on the last day of the event, and box #9 has an open rate higher than #10 & less than #8... make sense? Good luck anyway!

Yes, the chance of getting the "collectible" item diminishes with each successful item collected. Therefore 8 is easier to obtain than 9 ...and 9 is much easier than 10. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that the chance of getting a #10 item on any open attempt is less than 0.30%.

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 01:36 PM

I would sure hope your chances don't go down as the days go by. It's completely obvious they bottom out at #9 though.

By the way.. I'm sure you guys know this, and normally I wouldn't post it here, but I'm so pissed, I could care less. If you stay in your hood without exiting the game or anything, you can keep the event going as long as the game keeps running. Once you exit the first time, it's gone. Just because the timer runs out though, doesn't mean YOUR time has run out. It does always seem to get a weird freeze at some point though, so don't count on that as a last resort, especially if you plan on spending gold close to the end of the timer. Just a slight added bonus, and slight added chance to get that completely elusive 10th item. ******* I'm so pissed.

nopenopenope
10-09-2012, 02:39 PM
It's karma............spend more....

#crycup

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 02:49 PM
It's karma............spend more....

Funny, that's exactly what GREEd is thinking too! Good thing I'm not that dense. Some keep falling for that trap, and it's a shame to see. People will learn...eventually.

Boof
10-09-2012, 02:58 PM

I know it's too late for this to help, but one technique is to look in the player's inventory for the Ripper Knife. If a player has this item he/she is Android and participates in events. It takes some extra time, but everyone I've attacked with a Ripper Knife has produced safes for me.

Walter
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I was consistently getting safes from the boardwalk shooting gallery all the way to the end.

Babytway
10-09-2012, 04:31 PM
i remember when ios had this event, it was the shortest event they ever had 4 days couple hrs if i remember correctly but i ended up getting 8 on first day and nothing else for the entire event. i didn't spend gold but for sure thought i was going to make 10 because lots of other members made 10 with no gold. it just happens that way sometimes just too bad it happened to us.

Steve0
10-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Yeah Got the Dice for Free it was nice

Babytway
10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
another that rubbed salt in the wound was most members was saying it was the easiest event also

Vile Lynn
10-09-2012, 05:58 PM
heh, every time I see those dice... it burns.

I still want some!

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 06:00 PM
another that rubbed salt in the wound was most members was saying it was the easiest event also

Yea, having my roommate get the grand prize right in front of me for the past two events was pretty rough with the small amount he plays. Ah well, pretty much over it now.

Steve0
10-09-2012, 06:03 PM
Its the only one that was totaly free the other two Midas and Pathmaker were tapjoy won. I would have to say the collect 10 was a love/hate relationship for all of us. Gold and non gold users too.

dudeman
10-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I hated the iOS loaded dice event. Babytway is correct about it being the shortest event ever (at the time), and by the time it was done I was stuck on 9 diamond pendants.

Does "OT" work for these events on android? Because that's how I got them friggin dice. Lol! A solid 5 hours OT and Tapjoy gold for every OT open. I was pretty damn lucky that A) the game didn't crash, and B) I even got the dice at all.

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Does "OT" work for these events on android? Because that's how I got them friggin dice. Lol! A solid 5 hours OT and Tapjoy gold for every OT open. I was pretty damn lucky that A) the game didn't crash, and B) I even got the dice at all.

I'm in quadruple OT right now.. Still hoping lol.

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
iwas stuk on 9, and like u the idiot that i am i spent 600gold bars and couldnt get the 10th item, ive learnt a bigg lesson today , which is never to spend gold again

Luke 3457
10-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Ya it kills to see the dice for me to! I was traveling back from Hawaii didn't open many some how got to 9 all cash! I had 1 hour left on the event I was dead tired hadn't slept cuz it was 11 hours of travel. So I Bought 50 bucks in gold did resets nothing ! This b4 I knew about overtime ! So I'm like surely if I buy 50 bucks more ill get it! Nope !!! Then I cut my losses figured I was doomed and quit ! I logged into forum next day maybe just to punish myself lol saw many peeps that got it for free! Ouch

Steve0
10-09-2012, 06:51 PM
I got the midas in 23 hours in OT as soon as i got it crashed. I was soo pissed to think that it didnt go through. Restarted the app and it was there nice and golden in color. I would say its the best weapon for In my invintory. The dice is a my second. Dont use the pathmaker.

Lonestoner
10-09-2012, 07:13 PM
I got the midas in 23 hours in OT as soon as i got it crashed. I was soo pissed to think that it didnt go through. Restarted the app and it was there nice and golden in color.

Talk about relief... Nice :p

Mine's still going, but with the most recent android updates, it's REALLY hard to keep the game from crashing if you get a phone call or anything.. Anytime you go to the desktop, it's likely not to reopen. So I'm trying to milk it for everything it's got, but I have to leave town in the morning and I'm worried it won't last.. If it even makes it that long. I've had one last until the next morning, but it froze my phone completely right as I opened the next chest that morning. Hopefully my luck will be a bit better this time :p

DLSmooth
10-09-2012, 07:38 PM

Sorry to hear that. I spent a small bit of gold with about 3 hours left but I was able to get from 8 to 10. Im just glad it wasnt for nothing or I'd feel like you...

TonySpaghetti
10-10-2012, 07:48 AM
iwas stuk on 9, and like u the idiot that i am i spent 600gold bars and couldnt get the 10th item, ive learnt a bigg lesson today , which is never to spend gold again

Don't kid yourself Tony. Its no secret here that you're a much bigger idiot than everyone combined. :)

djesus
10-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I need help asap. im at level 100 dedicated to the game, so today all of the sudden i was putting money in my bank and it said that theres invalid data and i need to delete and re-install the game, will i lose all my data or not?

dudeman
10-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I need help asap. im at level 100 dedicated to the game, so today all of the sudden i was putting money in my bank and it said that theres invalid data and i need to delete and re-install the game, will i lose all my data or not?

They wouldn't tell you to delete and reinstall if it meant your game would be lost.

No, you don't lose anything.

Deluxe
10-10-2012, 07:53 PM

Ive had that happen before and i ignored it and just restarted game and after a couple times it never happened again...

Hutch
10-11-2012, 07:24 AM
I am also frustrated with this game. I obtained 8 emeralds with 3 days remaining by only using cash to open boxes. I decided to purchase 1500 gold and used gold each hour to guarantee an open box. I obtained my 9th emerald with just under 3 days remaining and in the last hour used gold to reset timer as well and still did not receive a 10th emerald for the loaded dice! This made me very angry.

Between this and not receiving over 350 gold bars from completed offers, I am definitely not spending any more money on this game. I will be creating another thread to share how neither Gree nor Aarki are taking responsibility and fixing the problem. Instead they point the finger at each other by saying it is the other ones fault.

Lonestoner
10-11-2012, 03:25 PM
I am also frustrated with this game. I obtained 8 emeralds with 3 days remaining by only using cash to open boxes. I decided to purchase 1500 gold and used gold each hour to guarantee an open box. I obtained my 9th emerald with just under 3 days remaining and in the last hour used gold to reset timer as well and still did not receive a 10th emerald for the loaded dice! This made me very angry.

Between this and not receiving over 350 gold bars from completed offers, I am definitely not spending any more money on this game. I will be creating another thread to share how neither Gree nor Aarki are taking responsibility and fixing the problem. Instead they point the finger at each other by saying it is the other ones fault.

I've contacted support about this multiple times, and it got passed on to the dev team to see if they can look into it.. That's about all I heard, and they're still slightly broken, even with the sponsorpay system.

I also have done many, many offers without receiving compensation for them.. Tapjoy doesn't work for me at all. Aarki was mainly crap too, but because of the amount of offers I was able to build up a decent amount anyways.

Good luck, hope you get through to them more than I did. :)

Hutch
10-13-2012, 10:03 AM
I sent a private message to Crime City Mark explaining my situation after I wrote my post. So far I haven't received a response.

I tried to create a new post on this forum about this situation, but the forum won't let me. I guess because I am a new member to the forum? Anyone know why a user would be restricted form creating a new thread?

TonySpaghetti
10-13-2012, 10:30 AM
I sent a private message to Crime City Mark explaining my situation after I wrote my post. So far I haven't received a response.

I tried to create a new post on this forum about this situation, but the forum won't let me. I guess because I am a new member to the forum? Anyone know why a user would be restricted form creating a new thread?

Yes, because you only have 5 posts. I think the rules regarding this are in one of the sticky's.

I stand corrected. It doesn't appear to be in one of the sticky's, but it should be.

Hutch
10-18-2012, 11:23 AM
I figured, thank you. Any idea how many posts a user needs to become eligible to create new threads?

dudeman
10-18-2012, 11:25 AM
I figured, thank you. Any idea how many posts a user needs to become eligible to create new threads?

Ten posts.

Hutch
10-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Thank you. Almost there.

(MS13)TURKISHTIGER
10-22-2012, 06:13 PM
thanksgree i appreciate it