PDA

View Full Version : To reset or not to reset

tower
10-09-2012, 06:28 AM
I have a replacement phone from the Telco sitting here.

So the question comes up. Do I transfer the game (level 84), started sometime in the spring, or do I start over again?

Since the recent change, where people way above my bracket see me in the rivals list, I'm getting robbed left right and center. If I miss my farming by even half an hour I'm cleaned out already. This comes at a really bad time as I'd just started saving for my nightclubs.

Yes, I was camping as I'd leveled up too fast and no, you will never see me setting an alarm on my phone to farm at just the right moment.

Now, I could keep saving...much slower...and still get the nightclubs. But then I'll be robbed even more. I'm not a gold spender and I will not be spending hundreds or thousands of real dollars to defend myself. Some of the people attacking me have double my stats with gold items. To gain another 11K stats with gold items would cost way more than it's sane to spend on a cellphone video game.

The issue is the shear amount of time I've spent building my economy. I'm @ $140K/hr without a nightclub. I have all buildings that are available for free, with the exception to the Magic Playhouse, and some gold ones as well. I have leveled every single building and defense building I have, some to 10, a lot 5+, but every one of them has been leveled past 2.

Thoughts? I'm thinking I'll set my transfer password and just sit on it in case I get bored starting over.

Polarbear
10-09-2012, 06:40 AM
Is the issue that you do not like being robbed all the time?

Because unless you are prepared to dump a load of money, it's going to happen regardless.

I'm currently lvl 165 with 2m IPH 80k stats and I still get robbed left right and center.

Since you already have a decent economy I would suggest not to reset, camp/crawl along to maybe the top 20% of your group if possible.

Dipstik
10-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Just play the game. Camp at level 200. Don't be a pussy.

mxz
10-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Don't reset. At least you're not in the shark tank...then you'd be thoroughly disappointed. Maybe add some defensive buildings, too.

kitzune
10-09-2012, 07:53 AM
don't restart especially if you have been participating in the events and using the daily scratch ticket. Thos items will only help in the future. Just start crawling from this point and expand your income and only participate in events to level.

tower
10-09-2012, 08:36 AM
Yea, pretty tired of camping, crawling is better for sure. Camping worked out pretty well as I ended up increasing my economy by almost 100K while stocking equipment from scratchers and I won about 20K in respect.

I'll probably continue to crawl then. Thanks all.